Thanks for the answers Lupine00 and fellow mod users.

Now only ZAP 9 is missing and if it comes out this spring i'm in virtual BDSM heaven ?.

Big thanks to all you modders, Skyrim still gets better every year with either interesting new mods coming out or old mods getting improved.

Only commercial game that is nearly as old and still among my absolute favorites is EU4.

I'm doing final testing on the next release.

Those people that downloaded the preview ... this is your last chance to get any comments or feedback in.

For those people who have bugs that are annoying them in the current release, this is your chance to check if they've been addressed.

Here is another preview of 2.13.5.

The only thing I plan to change on this is the amount of log spam.

Absolutely no feedback on the first preview, so it must be prefect! So lucky!!!

This version requires the SLS 0.644 beta or newer to work properly with licenses.

If you don't enable licenses, then it is fine to use with older SLS versions.

Included in this version:

Spoiler
  • Added support for management of SLS licenses with license purchase by follower... With fixes from previous preview.
  • Fixed bra purchase providing a belt instead.
  • Fixed missing simple slavery odds in _DFlow causing SSO to not get triggered.
  • Fixed missing tats count in _DFlow causing tats to not get applied on enslavement.
  • Fixed missing tooltips/hover-items for weird potion menu items.
  • Fixed apparent zero defaults for weird potion min-max days settings.
  • Fixed broken mechanic for punishing non-payment for weird potion drinks.
  • Added willpower and collar requirements to forced version of weird potion.
  • Taking weird potion now also clears (almost all) debt as well as deals.
  • Dialog additions and improvements for weird potion requests.
  • Fixed a missing delay from one path in Slut deal hand on shoulder.
  • Fixed a missing deal condition on "follower offers her slave to fuck dialog"
  • Changed mechanism for random determination of whether you get a hand on shoulder or offered as slave to fuck. Might work in SE, who knows? It seemed to fail in some LE games too, but not all - hopefully better now.
  • Added many, many new slut deal lines and rewrote almost all of them to not be hesitatant speech.
  • The way slut deal texts are determined is more complex, and can mean you could go a long time without seeing anything like all of them.
  • Added various StorageUtil values on the DF or for followers generally - see modder documentation for more info.
  • Added a list of extra locations where you can dismiss the follower if you have location checks on.
  • Increases expected deals count on dismissing follower, and persists it across hires, so it's not tied to any follower.
  • Followers remember their boredom.
  • Added extra mod-events for pausing and resuming DFC.
  • Improved handling of chastity when picking sex scenes.
  • A fix for all oral sex scenes potentially selecting the wrong kind of sex with females.
  • A fix for appropriate oral sex scenes not existing in your setup if you are playing the weird potion quest.

Not in this version or intended for release in 2.13.5 at all:

Spoiler
  • Testing (or fixing) of the deal-making issues reported a while back, which the report and settings were provided for.
  • Testing (or fixing) of any tails fitted by DFC.
  • A way to get the follower to remove SLS magic-curse collars.
  • Follower escaping from restraints and charging you for it.
  • A fix for ineffectual "no HDT chains/sign" MCM option in plug deals.
  • New slavery destinations.

Curious - what does the potion quest actually do aside from removing your debt and placing your character at the whim of an NPC? I mean specifically. Searched through the thread and found a whole lot of complaints but no concrete info on what actually happens to your character or how it wrecks your game. I'd rather just read about it than try it out and be disappointed.

24 minutes ago, noctred said:

Curious - what does the potion quest actually do aside from removing your debt and placing your character at the whim of an NPC?

?!!!

Are those things really an "aside"?

If there's any answer to a question so strangely loaded... it may involve a certain amount of sexlab.

But hey! Spoilers!

Are there complaints about it wrecking games?

It was, historically, extremely brittle, so perhaps there were. It may be more robust now. I've tried to make it genuinely viable.

It has some refreshed dialogs too.

I have no statistics on this. I don't know how many players used it. How many were happy. How many weren't...

But a couple of complaints on the forum (is it that many? more? less? I don't know or remember) is not an indicator of anything - it's just too small a sample.

If somebody has played the latest version of this and wants to spoiler it, please PM @noctred instead of ruining the "mystery" for everyone.

22 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

?!!!

Are those things really an "aside"?

If there's any answer to a question so strangely loaded... it may involve a certain amount of sexlab.

But hey! Spoilers!

Are there complaints about it wrecking games?

It was, historically, extremely brittle, so perhaps there were. It may be more robust now. I've tried to make it genuinely viable.

It has some refreshed dialogs too.

I have no statistics on this. I don't know how many players used it. How many were happy. How many weren't...

But a couple of complaints on the forum (is it that many? more? less? I don't know or remember) is not an indicator of anything - it's just too small a sample.

If somebody has played the latest version of this and wants to spoiler it, please PM @noctred instead of ruining the "mystery" for everyone.

I wasn't trying to imply anything negative about the viability of the feature as I've no personal experience with it. I'm just looking for concrete details on what exactly happens to your character because both the mod description page and the 'Introduction to Devious Followers' page are intentionally vague. Yes, an NPC will "control you forever" and you will be "inconvenienced" - but how? Inconvenienced in what way? What does that control imply?

I typically prefer clarity over mystery in this context. I probably wouldn't care as much if I hadn't found a bunch of posts in this thread from people claiming they'll never enable the feature again until a method to "cure it" is implemented.

Thanks for the reply.

5 hours ago, noctred said:

I wasn't trying to imply anything negative about the viability of the feature as I've no personal experience with it. I'm just looking for concrete details on what exactly happens to your character because both the mod description page and the 'Introduction to Devious Followers' page are intentionally vague. Yes, an NPC will "control you forever" and you will be "inconvenienced" - but how? Inconvenienced in what way? What does that control imply?

I typically prefer clarity over mystery in this context. I probably wouldn't care as much if I hadn't found a bunch of posts in this thread from people claiming they'll never enable the feature again until a method to "cure it" is implemented.

Thanks for the reply.

You could always make a save just before engaging in the potion quest, my recollection is that you have to agree to it so you can save and then agree and see what happens.  The intent to keep it mysterious is in order to allow people to experience it without giving away the content but the warning that the MCM provides makes it sound slightly ominous *which it is muahahaha*

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I have played it a couple times recently. @Lupine00 Is it completely forbidden to discuss the details of the potion quest in this support thread?

Or is it okay to discuss the details if the poster wraps them in a spoiler tag?

7 hours ago, Marg597 said:

You could always make a save just before engaging in the potion quest, my recollection is that you have to agree to it so you can save and then agree and see what happens. 

This isn't a particularly helpful approach when the thing you're trying out has long term effects on the game, simply because you may not see all of the consequences in the short term. I may find that I enjoy the content at first but not realize that the inconveniences are too great until another dozen hours of playtime - time I'd rather not waste. Or maybe not. Maybe I'll see all the content the quest has to offer in the first 30 minutes. The point is I won't know either way because no details are provided.

I understand the desire of mod authors to have their players experience mod content the way it was meant to be experienced but sometimes, especially for polarizing content which heavily impacts your game long-term and cannot be disabled once enabled, it helps to have more information.

Hope that makes sense.

15 minutes ago, noctred said:

This isn't a particularly helpful approach when the thing you're trying out has long term effects on the game, simply because you may not see all of the consequences in the short term. I may find that I enjoy the content at first but not realize that the inconveniences are too great until another dozen hours of playtime - time I'd rather not waste. Or maybe not. Maybe I'll see all the content the quest has to offer in the first 30 minutes. The point is I won't know either way because no details are provided.

I understand the desire of mod authors to have their players experience mod content the way it was meant to be experienced but sometimes, especially for polarizing content which heavily impacts your game long-term and cannot be disabled once enabled, it helps to have more information.

Hope that makes sense.

The consequences are pretty up front.

51 minutes ago, noctred said:

and cannot be disabled once enabled

There's really nothing you can't get rid of if  you are determined.

You could ... for example ... uninstall DFC ... clean save ... reinstall DFC ... and that's not even discussing the various console options you can use to remove this quest. I'm not even sure myself if it survives pause and resume properly. 

I sort of get your concern, but you might be overthinking this a bit. It's a game not a national treasure. Do things. Try them out. Have fun. Don't have fun. Rewind. Make another game. Whatever. This mechanic is present in multiple other mods and nobody made that big a deal of it.

Your game could be wrecked tomorrow by a mod you thought was benign until now.

Or there could be a huge bug in Weird Potion, that you find and report, allowing it to be improved and fixed for others.

Or none of those things.

At this point, the problem seems more that you're unhappy people didn't get the intended tone of your question or give the answers you wanted, than anything else.  So, maybe there's nothing else to talk about?

I suggested somebody give you a detailed description privately, and that's the still best result for your information gathering.

If you avoided every mod where somebody had a problem with a feature in the forums, you'd have no mods.

(Unless you only go on Nexus, where some authors purge every single non-worshipful comment with fire and fury).

55 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

At this point, the problem seems more that you're unhappy people didn't get the intended tone of your question or give the answers you wanted, than anything else.  So, maybe there's nothing else to talk about?

I wouldn't say I'm unhappy but admittedly it's a bit tedious when a straightforward question goes intentionally unanswered by people who clearly have the answer. You are right though, probably not much else to talk about here - not trying to come off as unappreciative. I greatly appreciate this mod and all the work you're putting into it.

55 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

If you avoided every mod where somebody had a problem with a feature in the forums, you'd have no mods.

I do want to touch on this though. For the most part, questionable features in the mods I use are thoroughly explained on the mod page (or in the MCM) for the exact reason that they are questionable and polarizing. I use plenty of mods with features I dislike because I'm made aware of those features and know what to avoid/why to avoid it. The difference is there.

Thanks for your time.

2 hours ago, noctred said:

intentionally unanswered by people who clearly have the answer

I don't have the answer, because I don't know what's supposed to be wrong with the feature.

Maybe if you'd formulated a different question?

You do realize that in your original post you effectively excluded discussion of the core elements of the feature, right?

It's as if you'd asked, "Aside from the lockable devices that you sometimes can't easily remove, and the animation changes for those, what are the features of the Devious Devices framework?"

If people jumped out and raised any issues with the current version as a result of this, that would be useful.

So far, no comments, so as far as I know, it's working acceptably.

The 2.13.5 update also has some improvements to the oral sex for female potion-partners that people can try.

I have been making changes to this the last couple of versions, so if people say "I won't use that feature because it had a problem once," then the changes will never be tested.

For my part, I'd say you're a lot better off with the voluntary version of this than the forced one, because having your DF administer the potion is considerably more convenient than somebody else.

Back when that somebody else could literally be any character in the game, it was potentially extremely intrusive and possibly even game-breaking. That was something I changed as soon as I became aware it was implemented that way by Lozeak, in the same way I stopped the PC being sold to non-followers who may not function properly as DFs via the "sold" functionality. Lozeak put those features in for his own use and amusement, and didn't polish them up, presumably due to a lack of feedback or requests to do so.

So the only universal advice for any player that is safe to give is, "This is an optional feature. Maybe you don't want it? If you don't want a surprise experience, maybe don't enable it."

The impact it has on your game is entirely controlled by the timer sliders, which you can change any time.

As far as I can tell, people who had problems left those sliders at zero. That they could even be set to zero was a bug created by multiple MCM defects.

All you have to do is make sure they aren't zero. Once you know what they are for, change them to what works for you.

27 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I don't have the answer, because I don't know what's supposed to be wrong with the feature.

Maybe if you'd formulated a different question?

You do realize that in your original post you effectively excluded discussion of the core elements of the feature, right?

It's as if you'd asked, "Aside from the lockable devices that you sometimes can't easily remove, and the animation changes for those, what are the features of the Devious Devices framework?"

I did qualify the question in my second post, stating that I was looking specifically for details regarding "how" the player is inconvenienced and what sorts of things arise from an NPC having permanent control over your character. I never intended to imply that anything was "wrong" with the feature - I simply wanted to understand the extent of the things it does to your character to decide if it's something I'd be interested in engaging with.

I have been making changes to this the last couple of versions, so if people say "I won't use that feature because it had a problem once," then the changes will never be tested.

That is simply not what I said. Again, I wanted to understand in detail what the feature entails so that I could come to a decision on whether it's something I want to use.

Anyway, a few people dm'd me with the information I was looking for so this can be laid to rest. Thanks again.

I just downloaded 2-13-5-20210329 and I will test the potion quest.

28 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

The 2.13.5 update also has some improvements to the oral sex for female potion-partners that people can try.

@Lupine00 what do you mean by "female potion-partner" ?

Do you mean the improvements apply to a female player character, or to a female devious follower, or to the combination of both female player and female devious follower?

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

Do you mean the improvements apply to

I mean the person who you get the potion from. Which doesn't have to be your DF. Depending on whether it's forced or voluntary, it will work differently.

Some people had a problem that they were getting futa animations, because oral was picking Blowjob first, even for females.

I changed that for all situations where oral occurs, not just the potion.

If there is a tag that is good to check first for female partner, like "Cunnilingus" or something like that, which is on animations you think are good, feel free to suggest it.

Now thats really an upgrade !

your last sentence in whats new is about the problem with the dialogue interrupter and npc fucks pc slave.  we had a converstion about this, appearing endless in my game. is this fixed now with this upgrade ?

Another question :   What about DD on pc that do not come from follower ?  How does follower react on them, do they block follower to put his DD of same type at pc, can pc get rid of them by normal dd way or uses the follower them to blackmail pc ?

did you quit whipping into this mod ?

25 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

your last sentence in whats new is about the problem with the dialogue interrupter and npc fucks pc slave.  we had a converstion about this, appearing endless in my game. is this fixed now with this upgrade ?

It's supposed to be. There are a lot of changes to that. Many new dialogs, and a mechanism to control how they're fed into the game gradually. It's been extremely solid for me.

Follower DD's are not handled in any way yet. That's planned.

In some future version, the follower will escape from DDs and use up lives in the process, or even consume your keys to do it. Probably.

There's no whipping. Whipping is on the todo list (see item 4. for future stuff), so it's way down the list, which is not because I'm against whipping.

I want whipping... It's just that it doesn't really do anything unless you have extra mechanics to support it, like Punishing Lashes, etc. so it's not as useful as actual play mechanics that provide instant value - like the licenses thing.

Check out the roadmap (see link off front page) for info on what's coming. I update it frequently and use it as my real TODO list, so it's relatively up to date.

Anyway, you can see what's next: it's Submissive Lola integration, as @HexBolt8 has been super-generously working on the SLTR side of this for a while, and the SLTR side is all ready to go.

I think we will be providing some fun ways to get enslaved for a little while, or a very long time, that SLTR fans will find nice and immersive.

Now that DD can do manipulated locks checks how about guards do more than lock shackles. 

(Numbers are represent low(1), medium(2), high(3) chances relatively)

For example guards can approach PC with low willpower and start dialogue where will be some random outcomes:

1. If player doesn't wear hand restraint they have chance to convince that they're not a slave(1); 

2. Chance to get restrained with armbinder or normal shackles, and maybe gag if too noisy about it(2);

3. Or most likely as of right now forced to find a follower(3).

And if *do* wear hand restraint: 

Guard can let PC go or check if it is locked properly(50\50maybe?):

1. If manipulated > either lock it(3); swap with more secure ones(2); or forced find a follower(1)

2. If not manipulated.. well obviously let PC go.

This approach can have cooldown or something like that.

Or if it's too much hassle - modifying the current one to lock manipulated locks would be nice. Or any combination of suggested.

24 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

Now that DD can do manipulated locks checks how about guards do more than lock shackles. 

It's been a thing I wanted to add back in DD4.X and it will be added with other DD related work when that happens. See the list :) 

The specifics - like guards doing it - well ... I think it's more likely that DFC will only have your Devious Follower checking locks.

Guards messing with your locks seems more like something that SLS would do.

An exception might be the forced start which involves a guard forcing you to find a follower as per (3) above (and the final comment).

While you can't see it yet, there are personalities for followers now, and that will be gradually integrated into all follower interactions.

Integrating that into the forthcoming "eager" deals and gold control will allow some followers to work in a genuinely different way.

I think it will make a huge difference, and the only thing ahead of it is the SLTR integration.

There was a time when DF enslavement was a great component of the overall DF experience, but it's had very little love in pushing two years.

SLTR is totally focused on slavery, so allowing players to use that is a way for players to get the "best in class" functionality working with their DFC in a way that doesn't take forever to deliver. It also fits my ideal of more LL mods working together in more ways. Some find SLTR a bit soft, so SD+ is also planned. This will let me spend more time on distinctive DFC features.

The old behavior will still be there for those that want it.

Another thing I hope to do something on, but haven't got a place for in the list yet, is improved support for Deviously Cursed Loot. Kimy may have some input on that, so it's still early days on what it might entail.

I wanted to ask if there is a fix for the frame drops that happen in the Whip and Chain. I have a very beastly computer so I should have no trouble running this mod. So I dont see why it would be on my side. Is there a fix or is it a bug?

4 hours ago, Recroid said:

I wanted to ask if there is a fix for the frame drops that happen in the Whip and Chain. I have a very beastly computer so I should have no trouble running this mod. So I dont see why it would be on my side. Is there a fix or is it a bug?

Whip and Chain are part of DCL. I think you want the Deviously Cursed Loot forum.

This is the Devious Follower Continued forum. DFC does not contain any meaningful world edits.

That said, I'd guess your problem is caused by RLO or Relighting Skyrim.

Go to the Bee and Barb.

Is your framerate bad? If so, it's RLO or RS creating excessive numbers of lights.

But I know very little about Whip&Chain. It works fine for me in ELFX. You should ask again in a forum where this question has likely already been addressed many times.