5 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

Does this version require a new game? Or will it work okay to upgrade from a game with DFC 2.13.5 ?

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess it works ok once you've saved and reloaded.

If you plan to do anything to SLTR or test this with SLTR, you probably should be invited into the chat about it.

I'll leave that to Hexbolt.

For now I'll just post you my notes.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If you plan to do anything to SLTR or test this with SLTR, you probably should be invited into the chat about it.

I'll leave that to Hexbolt.

For those who care to look at the integration with SLTR, support for that started with SLTR version 2.0.30.  If you see something that looks like a problem with SLTR, please report it on the SLTR discussion, since Lupine won't be able to fix it here.  What SLTR does when enslavement is started from Devious Followers:

Spoiler

- Sets the contract duration and/or score threshold to end enslavement, based on values sent from DF.

- Equips and locks the DF town collar.

- Disables your ability to ask for a different collar, but you're not punished if you escape on your own and equip another one.

- Prevents you from changing the score threshold or contract duration, or for asking for a contract extension.

- Does NOT yet support equipping the crawling boots and slave mittens.  This is an early implementation.

- Releases you from enslavement as soon as you meet the requirements.  DFC should then take control.

You're not permitted to stay a Sub Lola slave indefinitely, but you're free to submit yourself to your follower afterwards in the normal way.  During the conversation when you're released, if you say that you liked being a slave, then later submit to that follower (without submitting to anyone else first), you should start with about the same score that you had before.  This is more generous than the normal process for ending and reentering SLTR enslavement.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:20 PM, Lupine00 said:

Files must have the right names as well as be in the right place.

See guide on the front page of this mod.

Hey hi,

I've followed the guide and now have my nifs copied over into DFCustWhoreArmor folder as per the instructions, but I have a question.  The light armor I chose has different color variations, like chrome, red etc.  and the armor mod is already installed as normal so the texture files already exist in \data\textures. 

Do I need to copy the textures somewhere as well so that Devious Followers will know which color armor to pick?    Was wondering if I need to make a DFCustWhoreArmor in the Textures folder?

12 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

really want to get more log spam about your deals - which I think will confirm my theories about people having problems with the deals they get - then this is for you.

Hi @Lupine00

Testing with the 2.14.0 preview and Papyrus logging turned on. It took than usual longer to reproduce the problem, but I was able to.

Normally, I see the incorrect "extend" dialogue for about 80-90% of accepted deals. In this case, I got the correct dialogue for about 10 or 11 accepted deals before getting incorrect dialogue. Perhaps the problem is timing-related, as you speculated earlier.

I was only testing with Classic deals enabled, and Modular deals count was set to zero.

The very last deal accepted in the Papyrus log was the corset deal (stage 1 of Looking Pretty), but I got the line of dialog "extend an existing deal of my choice".

Here is a screenshot showing the line of dialogue:

Spoiler

20210412160038_1.jpg.b1dbf4795baf228360caf091217b2e4b.jpg

Here is a screenshot taken immediately after accepting the deal, showing that I actually got the corset deal:

Spoiler

20210412160131_1.jpg.fddc8f284ab69697d660cf36f6353a73.jpg

Here is the Papyrus log for the entire game session.

Papyrus.0.log

The relevant section of the log is near the end of the log file, lines 2248 through 2257:

[04/12/2021 - 04:00:48PM] DF - AcceptPendingDeal - NewDeal 1, DealOffering 1
[04/12/2021 - 04:00:48PM] DF - adding deal by ID 1
[04/12/2021 - 04:00:48PM] DF - CheckDealOpen 1
[04/12/2021 - 04:00:48PM] DF - adding deal 1 deal OPEN is TRUE
[04/12/2021 - 04:00:48PM] DF - MakeDeal 1 START
[04/12/2021 - 04:00:48PM] DF - MakeDeal 1
[04/12/2021 - 04:00:48PM] DF - MakeDeal - reduce debt
[04/12/2021 - 04:00:48PM] DF - MakeDeal - bondage deal 1
[04/12/2021 - 04:00:48PM] LDC - got a device for keyword 'zad_DeviousCorset', itemName 'Black Ebonite Restrictive Corset'
[04/12/2021 - 04:00:48PM] [Zad]: OnContainerChanged()

I hope this helps shed some light on this issue! Thanks!

EDIT: Did some more testing, and Papyrus logging on versus off appears to make a significant difference. The incorrect dialogue is very frequent when Papyrus logging is off, and the incorrect dialogue is rare when Papyrus logging is on.

3 hours ago, Herowynne said:

I hope this helps shed some light on this issue! Thanks!

We knew this happens.

The log confirms that there is no "broken" selection of a bad potential deal, the issue is entirely in the dialog conditions simply failing to act on the potential deal value that is set. Corset was always selected; there's no run through GetPotentialDeal that returns 0 just before it. This is what I expected to see.

But the info about the debugs changing the outcome sometimes is valuable.

It confirms that it's a race or caching issue relating to the variable used in the dialog conditions.

It also confirms that timing changes or Papyrus thread swaps can help mitigate it.

The flow goes like this:

• Entry dialog - 
    • start script starts to compute the prospective deal
    • Deal offer dialog -
      • dialog conditions use the selected deal variable
      • the prospective deal calculation completes - after conditions are tested - selected deal variable set
      • Deal acceptance dialog -
        • uses the selected deal variable

You see how the problem is caused by a race between the player clicking through the dialogs and the completion of the scripts?

In practice it might be a bit more subtle - the value might get written in a thread handling Papyrus, but not yet propagated to the native code thread that is evaluating the conditions because that's running on a different core and the value is cached.

Adding in the debugs causes the scripts to schedule differently, and so you observe some variation in behavior, but it's still stochastic.

Probably the debugs are resulting in re-syncs of Papyrus state across cores so the native code is seeing the latest property value.

In my games ... the dev system is running nothing but DFC, so it goes smoothly all the time.

And my main game is quite stripped down, and runs on a unicorn* PC, so apparently that goes smoothly all the time too.

Also, I have my Papyrus slice set to a lot more than standard in my main game, so if need be, I can run a lot of Papyrus in a frame.

So, I just don't see the races - they may be more likely in SE - but I would imagine they're still possible in LE.

May be that SE runs more Papyrus threads in parallel? Or that SE users typically have CPUs with a bazillion cores, or something...

There are a couple of possible ways to avoid this... but they're not ideal.

1. the conditions are set to rely on a conditional property that contains code that blocks if the recalc isn't finished.
  2. the deal selection somehow occurs before you ever enter the dialog.

I thought about (2), and it is a little tricky because it requires the next deal to be recalculated every time you gain or remove a deal, or the player changes the deal options, which is possible, but because DFC is the opposite of DRY code, I might miss some paths where that happens, and it could take a while to nail down elusive bug paths where you might be offered a conflicting deal. On the plus side, this is pretty sure to fix any problems with either race conditions or property caching mixed with race conditions.

I thought about (1), and it's a little non-performant, but I wasn't sure about it because it wouldn't necessarily solve caching issues.

As we've learned timing matters, so this option still looks likely to fix things if it forces a wait, even a short one, as that also seems to result in the engine synching the property values across the Papyrus/native boundary and thus, potentially across cores. It might not be 100% dependable though.

I'll update the next preview to use (1) and hopefully you can test and see if it fixes the problem.

Failing that working, I will resort to (2).

* I made this up as a way of saying the opposite of a potato - most people won't have PC of comparable performance for several years yet.

New Preview

Not for general play, this is a debug version with work in progress

Changes:

Spoiler
  • Add: can set weights for enslavement destinations in other mods menu.
  • Add: can be enslaved into Submissive Lola the Resubmission instead of DFC.
  • Fix: can now buy out of slavery again.
  • Fix: license revokes now revoking licenses as intended.
  • Fix: greed personality value now set correctly.
  • Fix: sleep events prevented from occurring improperly during pause.
  • Fix: handling of external events during pause now all pause aware.
  • Change: Event to add devious follower while paused will do nothing if paused.
  • Change: Being forced into gold control doesn't dump an unlimited amount of debt, it can only dump up to half of debt-per-day. PC may still have more things to "work" out as a result.

Also contains an experimental change to how the deal selection values are set internally that might solve the race condition issues (or might not).

This is intended to stop the apparent offered deal being different from the actual offered deal - caused by the dialog condition seeing a different value to that set by an earlier script.

I'm not hugely optimistic about this approach, so may end up trying something more drastic, but if this was an issue for you, please test and report.

Lola slavery now uses follower personality to adjust slavery parameters.

10 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

New Preview

Not for general play, this is a debug version with work in progress

Also contains an experimental change to how the deal selection values are set internally that might solve the race condition issues (or might not).

This is intended to stop the apparent offered deal being different from the actual offered deal - caused by the dialog condition seeing a different value to that set by an earlier script.

I'm not hugely optimistic about this approach, so may end up trying something more drastic, but if this was an issue for you, please test and report.

@Lupine00 Sorry, not good news.

Tested 2.14.0 preview #2 and accepted 9 classic deals, but got the actual deal dialogue only once. Got the "extend" dialogue for 8 of 9 deals accepted. This testing was done with Papyrus logging turned off.

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

Tested 2.14.0 preview #2 and accepted 9 classic deals, but got the actual deal dialogue only once. Got the "extend" dialogue for 8 of 9 deals accepted. This testing was done with Papyrus logging turned off.

It was a long shot, so I'm not too surprised.

New Preview

Not for general play, this is a debug version with work in progress.

Changes since last release:

Spoiler
  • Add: can be enslaved into Submissive Lola the Resubmission instead of DFC - uses follower personality to influence Lola duration and goals.
  • Fix: removed some unused (and effectively empty) script fragments that look like they were from Captured Dreams.
  • Change: event to add devious follower while paused will do nothing if paused.
  • Change: being forced into gold control doesn't dump an unlimited amount of debt, it can only dump up to half of debt-per-day. PC may still have more things to "work" out as a result.

Changes since last preview:

• Reworked deal selection mechanics so that deals should be selected before entering any dialogs.
    • If this doesn't fix the deal dialogs, the only remaining possibility is to stop using quest variables.

• Cleaned up buyout mechanics.
  • Fixed several unused but unset properties in deal base objects.

Brute force solution to deal dialogs not describing the offered deal. Will be troubling if this doesn't work.

No other changes here - it's all related to deal dialogs.

I don't think there's any change needed to the basic mechanisms in the preview for SLTR slavery beyond what's there, though I plan to make it so the sold feature can set weights for possible destinations, and clarify that it's only for endless mode. (I think normal mode is already well-covered by setting slavery destination weights now).

Possible extensions to the SLTR slavery...

Which one is the best?

1) A simple offer: spend 30 days in SLTR to get rid of all your debts and deals.

2) A slavery gambling game you can play any time you have at least two deals and some debt.

Spoiler

Follower says: "These are the rules of the game. I roll a regular six sided die and depending on the result, I forgive some of your deals and debt, but you have to spend some time as my slave, voluntarily."

Follower says:  "These are the outcomes:

Roll 6 means 7 days as a slave. I'll forgive three deals and 20% of your debt.

Roll 4 or 5 means 15 days as a slave. I'll forgive four deals and 50% of your debt.

Roll 2 or 3 means 30 days as a slave. I'll forgive five deals and 75% of your debt.

Roll 1 means you stay my slave as long as I like, but I'll forgive all your deals and debt.

I get to pick what deals are removed."

Followers with low morals would have a chance to cheat, and the player get some hint they cheated.

e.g. You reach for the die to check it, but the follower quickly snatches it away. "No more games for you slave."

3) If you have at least three deals, spend 3 days in SLTR per deal removed, choose to remove from three to ten deals. Each deal removed also removes 10% of debt.

4) Something else ... feel free to suggest.

How much interest is there in adding some other way to experience SLTR in exchange for removing DFC debt and deals?

Are many people interested in this feature at all?

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Are many people interested in this feature at all?

I'm currently gearing up for another round of DFC Skyrim, and I'm interested in this. Last time around I used endless mode, because the slavery mode felt strange: I really disliked crawling around everywhere at high speed, which just felt ugly and surreal. And at the same time, slavery felt like cheating: suddenly I was released from all of my deals, and I no longer was accruing debt. Why not stay like that forever? So I tried endless mode, which was probably better, but not particularly interesting. Hopefully SLTR will be an improvement on both.

That said, my understanding is that SLTR requires ZAP 7/8, and I am a bit wary of having to add more gigantic requirements that I'll only use for a small portion of my time playing. So that's a bit of a dilemma.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Which one is the best?

I think I like the third option the best. I do think that DFC is at its best when it feels like you're being pressured to do something, but that you always have a choice not to do that thing. In this case, I think it would be nice if there was some implied or possible "final solution" that the follower would have to resort to if you deny all of their attempts to work out your financial problems. Maybe that final solution is just the "dump the player deep in some pit covered in bondage items" scenario, or maybe it's something else.

3 hours ago, rawrrawr300 said:

SLTR requires ZAP 7

7 isn't gigantic, 8 sort of is.

3 hours ago, rawrrawr300 said:

Maybe that final solution is just the "dump the player deep in some pit covered in bondage items"

Well... that is a scenario. Probably most players never see it.

DFC slavery is supposed to be easy in some ways, and you're not really going at hyperspeed crawling, it's just normal speed.

You don't have to crawl everywhere, there are alternative situations that arise, but overall it's quite a shallow mechanic that failed to get sufficient love for a long time. As noted elsewhere, if I were to do more at slavery I'd make it completely separate from DFC, even if it were part of the same ESP.

There was a point where DFC enslavement was probably the best available, but it was a brief window, during which SD+ was broken beyond usability, DCUR had gutted itself, and Submissive Lola was an antique curiosity.

SLTR is good for a short while, but if you play it for long, it reveals that its content is also limited - like most Skyrim mods. There are quite a lot of little scenarios, but some are very short, and some are not terribly exciting. Fetch me an ale? OK, nice as an intro experience, but by third time you're already prepared with drinks, and by the fifth it's getting a bit stale. No way around that but more content, which just takes a lot of effort to make. For me, there isn't quite enough evolution of the relationship to keep me engaged long-term. An area where improvements may be made? I don't know what's planned.

The basic template of the submissive path in Sex Slaves is more engaging, but lacks the day-to-day of SLTR. Layering a story quest on top of a daily-grind mod like SLTR would be my ideal. Running SLTR at the same time as Sex Slaves would be interesting, if only one would count the sex from the other towards your obligations.

DFC could probably do better on that count itself. I need to make a note about that.

Question: The Mistress won't offer to remove devious chastity bras or belts that were added by a trapped chest. She did offer to remove armbinders and gags. Is this on purpose? If she can't struggle out of them she's hosed because Mistress has her bondage keys....

1 hour ago, bubba999 said:

If she can't struggle out of them she's hosed because Mistress has her bondage keys...

Presumably, that is the point of key deals etc.

There are ways to "in game" cheat around it of course.

e.g. Go to Laura, buy a key, use key immediately.

Follower searches you, finds no keys.

You can even play the key game to win keys from the follower - which is the expected way to remove that kind of device - you just can't hold onto them for very long.

There's a reason why there's a delay between you finding a key and the follower searching - in the DFC key deal anyway - so you can choose to hand the key over and avoid punishment, or hastily use it, and avoid punishment.

If you're using DCL key-holder, then you're getting exactly what you asked for, because that little "game" inevitably leads you hobbling around Skyrim in ultra-bondage, used as a sex-toy by all and sundry, until you finally get your keys back.

21 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Presumably, that is the point of key deals etc.

There are ways to "in game" cheat around it of course.

e.g. Go to Laura, buy a key, use key immediately.

Follower searches you, finds no keys.

You can even play the key game to win keys from the follower - which is the expected way to remove that kind of device - you just can't hold onto them for very long.

There's a reason why there's a delay between you finding a key and the follower searching - in the DFC key deal anyway - so you can choose to hand the key over and avoid punishment, or hastily use it, and avoid punishment.

If you're using DCL key-holder, then you're getting exactly what you asked for, because that little "game" inevitably leads you hobbling around Skyrim in ultra-bondage, used as a sex-toy by all and sundry, until you finally get your keys back.

Ah, I'm playing the deadly combo of DF and Lola... and Lola's Mistress is taking the keys. I got around it by using Bwitch and visiting a blacksmith who was willing to remove chastity devices for rough sex. :)

23 minutes ago, bubba999 said:

Lola's Mistress is taking the keys

That feels decidedly not a DFC problem; it's a Lola feature.

Presumably, you can disable that little entertainment in SLTR if you don't want it, otherwise it's your Mistress' intent for you to learn to please others and not yourself.

Why else would she be so keen to ensure you don't have any tempting keys?

If I was her, I'd punish you severely for removing that belt, no matter where it came from. :) 

More seriously, I am amazed that people can play with both active at the same time before running into conflicts. 

I tried it myself, and got a surprisingly long way, but in the end there were issues with finances fighting each other.

IIRC, the mistress took all my money, without crediting me, which makes DFC sort of not work...

"You didn't pay your debts!"

"Wait! That's because you took all my money!"

If you leave the Zap events on, DFC should auto disable when you're enslaved into Lola, and that is the DFC intent.

The new feature should let you flow from DFC into Lola and back again, with only one active at a time, which I believe is more sensible.

But you have a lot of options if you don't agree with that.

12 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

That feels decidedly not a DFC problem; it's a Lola feature.

Presumably, you can disable that little entertainment in SLTR if you don't want it, otherwise it's your Mistress' intent for you to learn to please others and not yourself.

Why else would she be so keen to ensure you don't have any tempting keys?

If I was her, I'd punish you severely for removing that belt, no matter where it came from. :) 

More seriously, I am amazed that people can play with both active at the same time before running into conflicts. 

I tried it myself, and got a surprisingly long way, but in the end there were issues with finances fighting each other.

IIRC, the mistress took all my money, without crediting me, which makes DFC sort of not work...

"You didn't pay your debts!"

"Wait! That's because you took all my money!"

If you leave the Zap events on, DFC should auto disable when you're enslaved into Lola, and that is the DFC intent.

The new feature should let you flow from DFC into Lola and back again, with only one active at a time, which I believe is more sensible.

But you have a lot of options if you don't agree with that.

What I decided is to let one mod only handle the finances. DF it is with the daily fees. Sometimes I have to use the "Suspend" feature in Lola but that's ok.

Pending feedback on the dialog fix, 2.14.0 is almost done; just need to do the item theft tweaks.

I just finished a slider so you can bias classic vs modular deals. If you set it to extreme values you will get only one, or the other, until there is no alternative.

This should allow people to prioritize the classic deals, yet still have modular deals waiting in reserve without having to mess about disabling and re-enabling deals during a playthrough.

The sold feature can now also send you to SLTR or SS as well as selling you to another follower as a DFC slave.

This means the sold feature will not fire unless you're free and in endless mode, which should stop the broken scenario of being over the deal limit, and enslaved so you can't buy out of any deals - resulting in you being sold over and over unless you give up and disable the feature effectively or explicitly.

If people are upset that they can't be sold in normal mode, I can probably change it so it works properly with both modes, but that seemed confusing to explain now there are two sets of weight values, so I'm probably not going to do that unless there's some rage like there was over the transitory limitation on follower dismissal. It's not a technical problem, it was actually harder to disable it - it's an explaining problem. I think I have a better way to do it that will be in the final release - see later post.

Looking towards a release at the weekend, probably.

I want the follower to be able to rob you in your sleep, if you have debt, and if they are greedy+dishonest or playful.

I want the follower to be able to grab items off you without you picking a specific (really obvious and easily avoidable) dialog that enables it, as that was possible in 1.X versions - it was something of a first resort in 1.X.

I also want to be able to toggle item removal off completely, which would effectively disable all that fun and games.

It would be useful to hear from anyone who has tried the item recovery "quest" and has information positive or negative.

Feedback on the SLTR transition feature would also be of interest, but obviously almost nobody will have tried that, or be in a position to do so.

I wanted to say that i have been enjoying this mod. I would like to suggest some things that i think could enhance it.

I love the magic mittens, I'd love to see this as being an "all the time" requirement while you have a devious follower.

(there's no good way at all to wear JUST the special deal mittens... i mean yes you can use the console but it's just not the same... and if they get taken off for some reason, nobody will force them back on you unless your enslaved but then you have chains and other problems to deal with...)

so my suggestion is: an mcm option to set a "permanent deal" that will always be required. ( player can disable option, or pick any single deal , or any devious item ( maybe up to 4 items? maybe a combo of deals and items? ) (probably harder to code, but maybe even certain clothing items or an outfit.)

the follower could have dialog that happens when you first hire them: "I'll only come with you if you agree to wear some things while i'm with you..." OR this could be triggered at the moment where your follower says "click me" and devious followers ussually starts up...

the idea being that whatever is set in the permanent deal, can only be removed by dismissing the follower. As long as your follower is with you, they would regularly check what you are wearing, and just automatically re-add anything that's missing. ( for a fee of course )

the follower could also have dialog to request some temporary freedom from the deal, or any active deal for that matter. 24 hrs free of the deal requirements will add 2 days to the suspended deal, and 2 days of contract time. or maybe a fee i guess.... followers do seem to like gold.

15 minutes ago, gayhellbilly said:

an mcm option to set a "permanent deal" that will always be required

I was thinking of something like this last year, but it ended up becoming something else.

Some players do have an urge to prioritize and lock in particular deals, but it's nearly always the Ownership Deal and Piercing Deal that come up, I think.

17 minutes ago, gayhellbilly said:

the follower could have dialog that happens when you first hire them

It's been suggested before, and came up again recently in the discussion of things followers might do if they aren't the first Devious Follower you've hired.

I have some thoughts on new deals that I'm going to add to the roadmap.

I think it might work to tie "required deals" to follower personalities, and that might help make the personality types more obviously distinctive.

The idea of adding contract time (it's basically a SLTR mechanic) as part of a deal, or as a punishment, definitely falls in the cheap and easy category; I think that's very possible.

I was about to write something about new deal possibilities, so I'll see if I can rough out some ideas that will work with personality.

I think the most obvious thing that could be done is to add a mittens deal (modular rule). There is a crawl in town rule, but there's no mittens rule. Once there is such a deal, then it's just part of a bigger deal lock-in feature.

I think there already is a kind of lock-in feature for modular deals, and that's deep-debt. If you have a rule with two deep debts on top, you won't get rid of it very easily. It just doesn't arise by chance very easily, but with the personality system, it could.

The following features will be added to the roadmap, but the delivery priority is, as yet, uncertain.

This is basically the wish-list of everything people are asking for, that isn't already on the roadmap.

Please offer improvements/suggestions/queries.

New Deal Possibilities

These are designed to fill gaps that players have occasionally been mentioning.

Increased Fees Rule (T1+2)

The follower expects 20% extra pay per day.

Gouging Fees Rule (T3)

The follower expects 50% extra pay per day.

Contract Extension Rule (T1+2)

Only adds 1 extra day of contract, but contract does not go down while you have this rule. (Adds 5 days if taken as a T2 rule).

Enslavement Rule

If this rule is enabled, you can't be enslaved/sold for debt unless you agree to this rule and "agree" to the possibility of enslavement.

Could be given in a situation where you pre-agreed the deal, or simply lack willpower though.

Self-restraint Rule (T1+2)

No masturbation allowed. If you masturbate, you are punished.

The follower gives you a chastity belt when you take this rule, but there's no requirement to wear it, it's just a "helpful" suggestion.

DFC gains an involuntary masturbation when excessively aroused feature to ensure this rule has some value, but other mods also do this so the feature will be optional.

Exclusivity Rule (T3)

No consensual sex without the follower's approval.

If the PC is in a sex-scene that wasn't triggered by DFC, and they aren't flagged victim, then they are punished.

The follower gives you a chastity belt when you take this rule, but the follower has the key. If you put on the belt, you cannot remove it and must ask the follower. There's no obligation to wear the belt, but as long as you have it on you won't be punished through this rule, even if you have oral or boob sex.

Naked Dungeons Rule (T3)

You need to be naked. Always. Devious devices and follower donated adornments are the only things you can wear ... anywhere.

Chastity Deal (Classic)

Stage 1 - wear an open belt (anal access) or be punished. Follower locks on the belt. PC cannot remove it.

Stage 2 - wear a closed belt with plugs and a bra. Plugs edge but Orgasms become impossible. All pieces are removable, but punished if they are missing.

Stage 3 - as stage 2, but also wear a heavy-gag that blocks sex, food, drink, cum, etc.  Pieces are all locked on. The PC must pay the follower for food/drink. The follower takes over all vendor negotiations. PC cannot buy or sell. Follower will sell items from a special inventory. Follower will provide - for a price - certain essentials like food, drink, lanterns, lantern oil, map+compass, etc. (items from a form list).

+ includes beg for release feature - you can be released from chastity, as long as you're blindfolded in an armbinder or yoke.

Mittens Rule (T3)

Must wear magic mittens at all times, no exceptions. Can only hold items during combat. (As suggested above).

Beating Rule (T1+2)

Like the spanking rule, but with whipping. Adds more pain, damages willpower, otherwise similar.

Whipping Rule (T3)

As the T1+2 rule, but even more pain, and with additional whipping consequences (debuffs) and more willpower impact.

If the PC doesn't meet expectations, the remedy is ... more whipping, but more extreme ... the extreme punishment beatings have significant consequences.

Lock In Rules

Optionally - a new modular "deal" is added that is a lock-in deal. It begins fully open, but any deal that goes in there can't be bought off unless you also pay out and dismiss the follower, using a special payoff action.

Personality Linked Rules

Based on personality, the follower will fill the lock-in rules.

The first rule is filled on hire, and gains you credit equal to (adjusted) daily debt, and a min-contract depending on personality.

The second slot is filled if you cross the half-enslavement-debt threshold, and double credit.

The third slot is filled if you cross the enslavement-debt threshold, and triple credit.

Gaining a lock in rule also resets boredom to zero but increases expected deals by one.

• Default - no contract - no rules - any rule that you keep too long has a chance to be transferred to lock-in if you meet the other criteria.
  • Slaver  - 16 day contract - collar rule, boots rule, mittens rule.
  • Profiteer - 14 day contract - increased fees, expensive rule, gouging fees.
  • Sexy - 7 day contract - sex rule, (one of) naked/piercing/lactacid rule, exclusivity/milking rule.
  • Sadist - 7 day contract - spanking rule, beating rule, whipping rule.
  • Moral - 7 day contract - self-restraint rule, beating rule, exclusivity rule.
  • Nightmare - 21 day contract - gag rule, (one of) collar/blindfold/boots/spank/lactacid rule, (one of) skooma/pet-suit rule.

Contract Extension Punishment Option

Optionally, any punishment you're given adds 1 day to your contract.

Brutal Punishment Option

Optionally, followers will lose their cool and assault the PC with a whip.

How easily this happens will depend on personality, PC willpower, debt, and the severity of infraction.

Easy Gags Option

Gags no longer result in gag-talk.

If gag is blocking, you can ask the follower for food/drink and it's not over-priced.

Gag is removed for sex.

(This will simply use a special gag that isn't even a real devious device but will count as one).

The above is a fairly significant list of rules and other features, so it's unlikely they will all be done soon (or maybe ever).

Personality linked rules is easier, but would have to be done initially without all those extra rules, so not as good until all the necessary rules were available.

On 4/15/2021 at 2:43 PM, Herowynne said:

I always got the correct line of dialogue to match the deal that I accepted.

Good.

Here is an updated preview...

Changes since last release:

Spoiler
  • Add: deal distribution slider - prefer classic deals of modular rules.
  • Add: can be enslaved into Submissive Lola the Resubmission instead of DFC - uses follower personality to influence Lola duration and goals.
  • Add: can set weights for endless mode sold/enslaved outcomes.
  • Fix: deals are selected in a way that is safe for SE. The SE port should work reasonably well now.
  • Fix: removed some unused (and effectively empty) script fragments that look like they were from Captured Dreams.
  • Fix: improved tooltips for gold theft.
  • Change "sold" mechanic only applies in endless mode.
  • Change: event to add devious follower while paused will do nothing if paused.
  • Change: being forced into gold control doesn't dump an unlimited amount of debt, it can only dump up to half of debt-per-day. PC may still have more things to "work" out as a result.

Planned Further Change to Endless Mode and the "Sold" Feature

These changes will be in the forthcoming release (2.14.0).

Endless mode to vanish as a concept.

Replaced with globally improved enslavement criteria and outcomes.

Criteria:

1) required deals (this or higher)

2) required debt (this or higher)

3) required willpower (this or lower)

4) min time and max time for an enslavement/punishment timer (can set 0)

Outcomes:

1) Enslaved in DFC (temporary)

2) Sold to another follower (permanent, all deals and debt wiped)

3) Sold via Simple Slavery (permanent, all deals and debt wiped)

4) Abandoned in the pit (permanent, all deals and debt wiped)

5) Chains of Debt (temporary)

6) Enslaved via Submissive Lola the Resubmission (temporary)

... ultimately, other destinations, such as SD+ ...

+ number of deals removed for temporary outcomes

+ percentage of debt removed for temporary outcomes

Weights/values/priorities for the above should be configurable. Set them all to zero and have no penalties if you want, but that's boring.

Because I'm expanding this work, I'm going to kick the taken items stuff to the next release.