13 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Something most explain issues like that some users can't install 2000 Animation slots for example and I don't mean the Animation Animation I meant the Slot that is just another property of the quest and is not related with FNIS.

Again, if that only happend in "some users" must be a problem in the installation or configuration of that users because, if the mod works in the 99% of the users, is evident that this 1% of the users are making some bad in theirs installation or configuration, or have a bad save game, or ...

13 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

In theory if you change things like the Papyrus reserved memory that should directly affect things like the amount of properties because the properties are stored on memory.

Seems that you are one of the people that have a bad info about what make the [Papyrus] section in the Skyrim.ini file and that was very well explained years ago. Read the Wiki, please:

Spoiler

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes
This is the maximum amount of memory the VM will allocate in total for stack frames. If an allocation would push memory usage over this limit, the VM will instead wait for more memory to be freed. Increasing this value may improve performance in high-stress situations with lots of scripts running, but will use more memory. Note that it is possible to exceed this value temporarily while loading a save game due to slightly different allocation ordering.

Max: 2147483647 (2GB)

Default: 76800 (75kB)

WARNING: this setting is for stack size not heap size, so there is no reason for setting this to a huge value even though it is possible. Increasing iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes to values much larger than default can cause stack thrashing (stack buffer overflows), intermittent game stuttering, erratic game behavior and CTDs. Stack thrashing will produce stack dumps in the Papyrus log, similar to the example below. The dumps can be very large if many scripts are running, producing a very large log file.

If you continue thinking that the parameter can have any influence in the correct or erroneous execution of the scripts make some stupid test in your machine to convince yourself. Put the value of iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes in 4096 or 2048 or 1024 and start your game.

Following yours words, that must cause a total fail in the initialization of SexLab and must cause the bad execution of hundreds and hundreds of script and a lot of problems in a lot of mods.

But nothing of that happend. The game works, SexLab works, the mods works, all the MCM's (made in pure Papyrus Code) works and all the script are correctly executed. More slowly, of course, with script lag, of course, but all works perfectly whitout any problem except, of course, bad performance, because that is the only influence of the [Papyrus] settings in the Skyrim.ini file.

Aditionally and supporting my words in other way:

If the changes in the Papyrus settings really can make a mod works or not works that changes must be a REQUERIMENT for the mod and I not know a mod that REQUIRE a specific settings in the [Papyrus] section of the Skyrim.ini file to works correctly.

Thinking that we have more than 100k mods in Nexus and none of them REQUIRE a specific [Papyrus] settings we can assume that the [Papyrus] settings never can cause the fail of the mods and never can be the motive of a fail in the execution of the scripts.

Letting apart, of course, specific mods that have a DLL and make a very specific work in the game, like ENB, CrashFixes and similar, because that special mods REQUIRE specific settings in the INI files and the REQUIRED changes are very well detailed in the web pages of the mods.

Finally, if you can't reproduce in your machine the problem reported by one user, probably, the fail is in the user side because the first step to solve a problem in a computer program is have it. Sometimes the fail is very specific and related to special mods or strange configurations but that not mean the fail can not be replicated. Only mean that can be more hard to be replicated, located and solved.

Edited by alex77r4
13 hours ago, judge007 said:

And sometimes you have users who think they are following the instructions, and will swear so to their gravesite.

And have missed one little pertinent detail

Yes that is usually the reason but for example the Mod to add the 2000 Animations slots require just one file and should not cause CTD if is wrongly installed because in that case should be just ignored, but some user have CTD just for the amount of ReferenceAlias on the Quest.

In my case after read many papyrus log files from the users with problemas like this my conclusion was the in most of the cases the SLU+ was installed right and even when the function to fill the array was right and running the array don't get filled, so the only conclusion is that something is wrong beyond the Scripts.

I don't like blame the users for everything, I know that many of the issues they experienced are caused by errors on the Scripts that the author's don't know or don't care to check on the Papyrus log.

@alex77r4

The first I have to point out is that I don't blame the Skyrim.ini for nothing in fact I blame anything because I don't know the reason of the problems yet.

Of course I don't know enough of the Skyrim.ini to be considered a expert but that doesn't mean that I don't know what I talking even if don't don't use the right words to describe it.

I can prove that the Papyrus have a lot of issues that most of the Mod author's ignored, but that's not the point of my comments.

I just saying that in this case after read the users logs was evident that the issue is not caused by some wrong installation or scripts mistake.  Yes is possible that those users need some CrashFixes or similar but that's only them can know it. I not just talking, I'm also doing some test to replicate the issues but being honest the issues have it by just the 1% of the users are hard to replicate. The next version will have some internal changes that will prove or not some of my theories.

Discusses theories without proves is mostly a brain exercise. I like to keep my mind open because that usually allow me noticed things that nobody else noticed, of course for one issue I usually consider 10 or 20 different reasons and many of those reasons are based on the things that I can't know for sure because on my programing experience I found that nothing is perfect and the main prove of that is that still are being updated. The Elders Scrolls have a very good engine considering the old it is, and like everyone knows wasn't made thinking on sex scenes. The main trick is work with the tools we have. For example the Skyrim Expression system is good enough for the game but can't handle the complexity of the Expression related with the Sex, of course that don't means that we can try to get the best performance possible, same happen for the rest.

In conclusion:

I don't want to exclude the 1% of the users just because I can't understand his situation or I can't replicate his issues. That's why I try everything I can, even some solutions base on theories without solid bases. Is like when you lose a shoe, you start searching on the places that you usually store it, them you search on the places were you probably placed it, and as last resource when everything logic failed you end searching the shoe on the fridge and the oven because for ridiculous that sounds you know that is not impossible. 

2 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Yes that is usually the reason but for example the Mod to add the 2000 Animations slots require just one file and should not cause CTD if is wrongly installed because in that case should be just ignored, but some user have CTD just for the amount of ReferenceAlias on the Quest.

NO, excuse me but NOT. The 99,99% of the random CTD are caused by the bad configuration of the game, normally, missing or bad configured SKSE.ini or faulting CrashFixes or bad configuration in CrashFixes.ini or bad installation of the stability tools.

If one user have CTD when install and run a quest with 2000 alias we can be absolutely sure that the CTD was caused by memory out, in others words, fail in the installation of the stability tools and we can be absolutely sure that the problem have nothing to do with the scripts, the alias or the quest. 

3 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

In my case after read many papyrus log files from the users with problemas like this my conclusion was the in most of the cases the SLU+ was installed right and even when the function to fill the array was right and running the array don't get filled, so the only conclusion is that something is wrong beyond the Scripts.

OF COURSE, because 99.99% of the problems in the game are solved by the Stability Tools and, when are not correctly installed and configured, the game give problems, and make CTD, and not works correctly, and, of course, that is beyond the limit of the things that we can made with the Scripts.

3 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

I don't like blame the users for everything, I know that many of the issues they experienced are caused by errors on the Scripts that the author's don't know or don't care to check on the Papyrus log.

Maybe you don't like blame the users, but ear me... the 99% of the problems are caused by a bad installation in the user side. Maybe SLU+ can be correctly installed but SexLab need others mods to works, and that others need others and others and others... and all that mods need the Stability Tools and that need a game correctly installed.

Some times the problem is in the script and the developer can replicate the problem, locate it and make a patch. But when the problem can not be replicated you must start thinking in a problem in the user side.

1 hour ago, OsmelMC said:

I can prove that the Papyrus have a lot of issues that most of the Mod author's ignored, but that's not the point of my comments.

What issues are you talking???

After 8 years of playing Skyrim and 5 years developing in Papyrus i only know two(2) fails in the Script Engine, maybe 3 depending of how we look at it. Of course, i'm talking about real fails that can be replicated with a 100% security of fail in every game no matter if you play vanilla or modded.

If you talk about things that only happen in your game or about bad developing techniques i can have hundreds and hundred of that.

1 hour ago, OsmelMC said:

I don't want to exclude the 1% of the users just because I can't understand his situation or I can't replicate his issues. That's why I try everything I can, even some solutions base on theories without solid bases.

That not have any sense.

Making that you are adding code to solve specific problems in specific users and, while that can be loable, only increase the complexity of the code and slow down their execution in all the users that not have that specific problem.

In others words, you harm the 99% of the users while only help the 1%.

The programs can not be made to works perfectly in every posible situation because the posible situations not have limit. If you are trying that you never can end, mainly, because you code go to increase in complexity while run more and more slowly every day.

The programs are made to works in the 99% of the situations and we, the developers, always left apart some specific situation where add compatibility only cause problems and slow downs in the programs.

That is the main motive to REQUIRE a 64 bits OS and, today, nobody give support to the 1% of the users that continue using Windows XP in 32 bits machines.

@alex77r4

Yes many of the CTD are caused by knows reasons and are knows because someone discover it. And by the way are not random.

Of course we can't make a program and expect that be perfect an work for the 100% of the users but don't means that we have to ignore the users with issues that we aren't capable of understand or replicate for lack of knowledge.

I also think that try to cover all the possible situations can add more complexity to the Scripts and slow the process, that's why each developer have to consider what is really required and what is not. But this is not the case because I just removing many of the PROPERTY added by me that are not really required and that should make no difference for the 99% of the users and probably won't make any difference for the other 1% but that's what I want to check.

At the end, what we are discussing here? 

Edited by OsmelMC
On 7/24/2021 at 3:39 AM, OsmelMC said:

Is possible but I also can't be sure. Until now I haven't seen something that makes me think that is happening but since I find the fish mouth reason I also thought that things like that can be possible too.

at the moment virtually every Blowjob scene has no Open Mouth. It is like the feature is not working at all.
It shows up only very rare and then shortly. Like if the normal expressions just overwrite it. 
It works in the test preview on the PC without issues tho.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:39 AM, OsmelMC said:

The gags now also force the OpenMouth but since I have the impression that your OpenMouth don't look like in the picture, I think that maybe some other Mod is trying to fix the closed mouth issue on the sex scenes when the gag is equipped.

I remember seeing some Mod that have that option but don't remember what Mod, probably is the "Skyrim Utility" since have few options DDi related. But I don't remember.

hmm, great :(
I cant remember any mod doing this. I also do not remember that this happened before. 

I found no similar thing in intes SUM or DDequip mods, nothing at least in the MCM, hmm. 

- when I test BLUR effect it will never go away (have to reload).

- Black Effect at the beginning of a scene is starting too late and ending too soon. It also "flickers" several times during its duration

I m using ENB, so maybe that is part of the problem. Full Black is no different.
I feel like both Fade to Black mod and this new SLU+ feature blur not long enough for the scene. Basically both start when the actors are still aligning and there is no way to adjust that :(

Why not have an option like "Blur/Black lenght" in seconds that is always the same lenght. and then it should start when the scene is first called, hmm.

Maybe I just try to tweak Fade To Black for now,... 
btw Fade to black also has the better blur effect IMO (you still see too much with the current Sexlab Blur)

Edited by Nymra
On 7/28/2021 at 4:19 AM, Nymra said:

would this help for the sexlab expressions?
from what I read it would allow "protecting" them? 

On my test work fine with and without the MFG Console but I don't remember any Plus on the one I have.

11 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

On my test work fine with and without the MFG Console but I don't remember any Plus on the one I have.

the plus is new and has new function to lock expressions via script, allowing, as far as I understand, increased compatibility between different mods changing expressions.

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

the plus is new and has new function to lock expressions via script, allowing, as far as I understand, increased compatibility between different mods changing expressions.

I will take a better look at that Mod to be sure but for the description on the download page doesn't look like good idea use it.

In first place the Mod seems to add one parameter to the old functions and that's make compatibility issues. So probably the SexLab Phonemes and Modifiers just get ignored at lease the SexLab Expressions scripts be recompiled with the MFG+, and of course that will make the SexLab incompatible with the original MFG.

In second place the functions to lock the Expressions values right now will make more harm than good in this case because the Mod that call for the function is the one that have the control and since the SexLab is not using the lock functions, is obvious that will lose against any other Mod that be using the MFG+ lock functions. Of course I don't think that many Mods be using the MFG+ as dependency so in this case probably be none difference.

In last place the lock functions probably don't make any difference for the Mods that are using the skyrim default Expression functions because those functions don't need the MFG for nothing. Of course again this probably isn't relevant because most of the Expression related Mods use the MFG instead of the Skyrim functions.

Of course I just interpreting the description and I still have to read the scripts and do some test to be sure of the consequences of use the MFG+. But since I'm still working on the SexLab Expressions is better don't try any new MFG for now.

Edited by OsmelMC

but what about the fade to black function flickering and ending too early? 

I am using the latest version where it is happening (I also use ENB). 

The screen goes black, but every few seconds the black goes away completly for a fraction of a second. 

3 hours ago, Nymra said:

but what about the fade to black function flickering and ending too early? 

I am using the latest version where it is happening (I also use ENB). 

The screen goes black, but every few seconds the black goes away completly for a fraction of a second. 

The fade to black for the ENB are those fade with the solid object in front of the camera. Easy to identify because usually let you see the things that are too close to the camera.

The fades are synchronized with the player events so is not odd that some times be removed to allow you see some Player idle.

I placed the apply fade and remove fade functions on the places were I supposed that was better but is obvious that is not perfect so if you have some specific suggestion I'm listening.

By the way the fade to black effects without the ENB, should look like if the player was open and closing the eyes but the ENB ignore those effects and with the ENB enabled look just like switch on - switch off.

About fade issues: I know that some times the fade stay for all the first stage at lease you use the Hotkey to Refresh the Actors. The problem there is because the thread should call for the Event Done when all the Actors be aligned on the first stage but apparently sometimes that doesn't happen. That issue is on my to-do list almost since the first versions even before adding the fades.

Edited by OsmelMC
54 minutes ago, OsmelMC said:

The fade to black for the ENB are those fade with the solid object in front of the camera. Easy to identify because usually let you see the things that are too close to the camera.

The fades are synchronized with the player events so is not odd that some times be removed to allow you see some Player idle.

I placed the apply fade and remove fade functions on the places were I supposed that was better but is obvious that is not perfect so if you have some specific suggestion I'm listening.

Ah, I understand, ok. 

I think ideally it should be like this:

2021-08-03 00_14_59-OsmelMC Mod Tweaks - Page 81 - Downloads - Skyrim Adult & Sex Mods - LoversLab -.jpg

This is just for the AnimStart Fade

Anim End Fade should ideally have its own toggle option in Sexlab.

And it should work similarly.

2021-08-03 00_15_07-OsmelMC Mod Tweaks - Page 81 - Downloads - Skyrim Adult & Sex Mods - LoversLab -.jpg

I know how to cut movies, and this is basically the same. A fade to black/white in this situation should always have alot of tolerance and be as smooth as possible and uninterrupted. 

If a user has the idles ON he should be warned to not use fade (the idles are a nice touch, but they should not be recognized by the fade, like at all - I see them as an alternative at best).

The fade has to start as early as possible so that we have the impression of time flow and we do not see how the "real game world" just freezes and sexlab doing its alignment stuff.

And the fade HAS to end only when the stage 1 is already started and ticking its seconds, or the whole thing is meaningless.

As soon as I see half a second of alignment of actors the illusion is destroyed. 

Same with the flickering, it cannot be there at all or the whole effect is gone.
Basically we need to cover up everything that is not "2 actors face each other before sex" and "2 actors are already fucking", since we have no animation for that and the actors merge inside of each other etc. All that is one of the biggest design flaws of sexlab, be it necessary or not, because it destroys all the immersion before the sex even starts. 

Also also:
we need ONE continious uninterrupted fade both at the beginning and the end. We cannot just cover certain steps of the sexlab start process, meaning we cannot follow script logic, we have to follow movie telling logic. 

Edited by Nymra

About cum effects: I just noticed that the Tentacle Living Armor that comes with the SexLab Parasite wasn't showing the cum effects or the tattoos.

After some examinations was clear that was caused by meshes issues. 

That means that some meshes can't show the cum effects at lease with the Cum Overlay and some configuration.

The solution here is fix the meshes.

By the way I made my own BodySlide for some of the Mods of 

@DeepBlueFrog

In case someone be interested

Edited by OsmelMC

SexLab Adventures (Tweak) include: 

• Enhanced the Proximity Rape collision system.

I am just parsing the scripts to search for the part where the distance is managed.

At the moment it is impossible for pursuers to catch me, because even when they stand still they seem to have too high distance. I basically have to bump into them (which only happens in very rare occasions because of the retarded Skyrim AI).

Meaning: at the moment the "catch the PC" distance for Proximity rape is way too low for me :(
Which value do I have to change in the script for that?

Thx alot. 

Edited by Nymra
8 hours ago, Nymra said:

I am just parsing the scripts to search for the part where the distance is managed.

At the moment it is impossible for pursuers to catch me, because even when they stand still they seem to have too high distance. I basically have to bump into them (which only happens in very rare occasions because of the retarded Skyrim AI).

Meaning: at the moment the "catch the PC" distance for Proximity rape is way too low for me :(
Which value do I have to change in the script for that?

Thx alot. 

That issue was already reported few times but I wasn't able to check it for lack of time. Probably is already fixed on my game because I know the reason and solution for the problem but I don't know if I did the changes already or not.

By the way the distance calculate by the function is right, the problem is because the NPC stop follow you before reach that distance. I don't remember now if the min value need to be settled directly on the ESP file or through the Scripts. I will try to check tomorrow.

Edited by OsmelMC
3 hours ago, JeDragon said:

@OsmelMC Hi, is your mod Sexlab utility plus and other your tweaks are compatible with latest Sexlab framework build (beta 9) ?

The rest of the Tweaks should be compatible. The SexLab Utility Plus is not compatible yet, the next version should be.

In case someone want to ask: The current SLU+ version should be compatible with the SexLab Framework SE 1.63 BETA 9 and all the previous BETA. Also since my scripts include compatibility with SLSO this means that you don't have to wait for the "SLSO Patch for BETA 9" to update your SexLab because if you are using my SLU+ the "SLSO Patch" is basically included.

Edited by OsmelMC
23 minutes ago, OsmelMC said:

In case someone want to ask: The current SLU+ version should be compatible with the SexLab Framework SE 1.63 BETA 9 and all the previous BETA. Also since my scripts include compatibility with SLSO this means that you don't have to wait for the "SLSO Patch for BETA 9" to update your SexLab because if you are using my SLU+ the "SLSO Patch" is basically included.

If no else says it:

Thanks