[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

Appears that the percentage chance of an abduction in the MCM settings doesn't work or doesn't do anything. I have it set to the default 25% but every single surrender is followed by an abduction....that's a 100 chance of abduction I am seeing. I don't want to be abducted every single time some dipshit manages to hit me with a lucky crit shot. Has anyone else noticed this in their game?

Also, not so sure I will even keep CSA. I would really like to, but so far I've not been thrilled by it. Most of the time is spent wandering around naked and without gear. All those horny raiders/super mutants/gunners must be getting it from somewhere else. The sites I've been too are extremely short on weapons and ammo making it impossible to kill the  boss. I've even had one boss locked behind a Master locked door!  Instant fail...game reload time.

Been a lot of reloads on abductions :(

I've yet to play thru an abduction. On the last one there is a small trailer and a way to climb on top of it (A super mutant site). Be careful, there is a broken skylight and you can fall inside. There is no way out.

I really wanna enjoy this but so far I've had no luck with it.

Edit: Bumped into this rude dude name of Gruel. Had a funny skull next to his name plate. Next thing I know we are blasting away at each other at point blank range. Didn't go well for me. Bastard had his way with me and then ...of course ...abduction. Ended up at Monsignor Plaza with lotsa raiders. Ok, I can work with this. Wander around, found some clothes to put on. Found a 10mm pistol and a double-barreled shotgun.  It's not much, but if I can find some more ammo, maybe get one of them alone and take them out, take their weapons and ammo. Maybe take 'em one at a time. But, as I searching for ammo one of them decides it's playtime just as I get a sleeping bag dropped at my feet and I sleep for 3 hours. Soon as I wake up, he smacks me around and then ...all the raiders go hostile.... another abduction fail :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 3:51 PM, Malphias said:

Appears that the percentage chance of an abduction in the MCM settings doesn't work or doesn't do anything. I have it set to the default 25% but every single surrender is followed by an abduction....that's a 100 chance of abduction I am seeing. I don't want to be abducted every single time some dipshit manages to hit me with a lucky crit shot. Has anyone else noticed this in their game?

Also, not so sure I will even keep CSA. I would really like to, but so far I've not been thrilled by it. Most of the time is spent wandering around naked and without gear. All those horny raiders/super mutants/gunners must be getting it from somewhere else. The sites I've been too are extremely short on weapons and ammo making it impossible to kill the  boss. I've even had one boss locked behind a Master locked door!  Instant fail...game reload time.

Been a lot of reloads on abductions :(

I've yet to play thru an abduction. On the last one there is a small trailer and a way to climb on top of it (A super mutant site). Be careful, there is a broken skylight and you can fall inside. There is no way out.

I really wanna enjoy this but so far I've had no luck with it.

Edit: Bumped into this rude dude name of Gruel. Had a funny skull next to his name plate. Next thing I know we are blasting away at each other at point blank range. Didn't go well for me. Bastard had his way with me and then ...of course ...abduction. Ended up at Monsignor Plaza with lotsa raiders. Ok, I can work with this. Wander around, found some clothes to put on. Found a 10mm pistol and a double-barreled shotgun.  It's not much, but if I can find some more ammo, maybe get one of them alone and take them out, take their weapons and ammo. Maybe take 'em one at a time. But, as I searching for ammo one of them decides it's playtime just as I get a sleeping bag dropped at my feet and I sleep for 3 hours. Soon as I wake up, he smacks me around and then ...all the raiders go hostile.... another abduction fail :(

35 minutes ago, NiceLime said:

Everytime I surrender and then beg for mercy, after they refuse, before it starts the rape it just says "AAF Init fail" and resets the sequence. How do I fix this?

The fix for both is the same... Uninstall all of the RSEII mods and install Violate instead. Best thing you both can absolutely do for your gaming quality of life.

55 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

The fix for both is the same... Uninstall all of the RSEII mods and install Violate instead. Best thing you both can absolutely do for your gaming quality of life.

Is there another mod that adds abductions then? or is raider pet the best I'm going to find

1 hour ago, NiceLime said:

Is there another mod that adds abductions then? or is raider pet the best I'm going to find

I have RSE II: CSA running along with AAF Violate, but I set the MCM for CSA to disable surrenders (leave abductions enabled) and then I turn on the handoff integration for CSA in Violate's MCM. Result is that some times at the end of a violation, your attackers will then sell you to their friends in a remote location somewhere, at which point CSA's abduction mechanism takes over. Unlike Raider Pet (which I also use and love), this will get you some captive scenarios for other factions (gunners, muties...).

11 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I have RSE II: CSA running along with AAF Violate, but I set the MCM for CSA to disable surrenders (leave abductions enabled) and then I turn on the handoff integration for CSA in Violate's MCM. Result is that some times at the end of a violation, your attackers will then sell you to their friends in a remote location somewhere, at which point CSA's abduction mechanism takes over. Unlike Raider Pet (which I also use and love), this will get you some captive scenarios for other factions (gunners, muties...).

Pretty much the same, I just use CSA for abductions but I am still waiting for one that I can actually play thru. The last one was easy. I just ran away. Seems I had no collar on as nothing stopped me from making an escape. This is the only time it has 'worked'. I ran away because the Violate ended with robbery and they had all my stuff, so the abduction had nothing I would want to retrieve. Still, was interesting. I had to make my way to Sanctuary from the far south naked and with my  hands cuffed behind me.  Was pretty easy, actually. I was chased once by some mongrels and another time by a bear but I outran them.

On 5/19/2019 at 1:10 PM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

For those looking to add Abductions to their mods, here is the required scripting.

; Required Script Properties

GlobalVariable FactionDungeon = 0

Quest RSEAbductionLocation

Quest RSEAdbuctionMain

Faction Property RaiderFaction auto

Faction Property GunnerFaction auto

Faction Property SuprMutantFaction auto

; Then we define a function to load the forms from RSE II's CSA and call it from an OnQuestInit or OnInit

; Usage of event is dependent on how the script is assigned, be it a Quest script or a RefAlias script

Event OnQuestInit() ; or if on a reflaias script, use Event OnInit()

LoadRSEAbductions()

EndEvent

Function LoadRSEAbductions()

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("RSE_II_CSA.esp")

FactionDungeon = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000B7DF,"RSE_II_CSA.esp") as GlobalVariable

RSEAbductionLocation = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000B7DE,"RSE_II_CSA.esp") as Quest

RSEAbductionMain = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000B7DB,"RSE_II_CSA.esp") as Quest

Endif

EndFunction

; And then when you want to send the player to an abduction site, check the last attacker / rapist against a faction

; This is done within one of your functions in your mod, that has access to the Actor called akAggressor

If akAggressor.IsInfaction(RaiderFaction)

FactionDungeon = 1

Elseif akAggressor.IsInFaction(GunnerFaction)

FactionDungeon = 2

Elseif akAggressor.IsInFaction(SuperMutantFaction)

FactionDungeon = 3

Else

Return

Endif

; Now we have the flag variable for which dungeon type to lock in, we start the quest to lock it and then send the player there

; Of course, originating mod can do whatever it wants to the player before calling this code, like robbing them, crippling them, etc

; Once the player is sent to the Abduction, no further action is required in the calling mod, aside from whatever cleanup functions it has

RSEAbductionLocation.Stop()

RSEAbductionLocation.Start()

Utility.Wait(1)

If RSEAbductionLocation.IsRunning()

RSEAbductionMain.Reset()

RSEAbductionMain.Start()

Endif

Can the RSE II: Rescue! quest be called upon as easily as the abduction quest is called on here?

hey i'm just wondering something about the rape and submit features.

Do I get to select individually which creature can rape my character, or do I select some "pack" like in the mod (AAF violate)?

Because I really didnt like the options in (AAF violate), which is one of the main reason I gave up modding this game.

Is there a way to enable all creatures except animals and ghouls?

7 hours ago, Luminae said:

hey i'm just wondering something about the rape and submit features.

Do I get to select individually which creature can rape my character, or do I select some "pack" like in the mod (AAF violate)?

Because I really didnt like the options in (AAF violate), which is one of the main reason I gave up modding this game.

Is there a way to enable all creatures except animals and ghouls?

I am pretty sure that you can only surrender to humans and super mutants. And my favorite: You can surrender to the DC guards (if they find you stealing or attacking people) and they take you to jail.

An important point. Through CSA, raiders/gunners/mutants can kidnap Nora and her companion. Both can go to the same place or to different places.

Its true that Violate communicates with this mod to carry out the kidnapping. But, through Violate, they only kidnap Nora, never the companion. I mean, Piper always appears next to Nora, but with clothes and walking peacefully around the place.

If you surrender through Combat Surrender, both Nora and her companion are kidnapped. And Piper appears naked and kneeling beside Nora. (If they take her to another site, a message appears with the warning)

At least that is what I conclude after several tests.

53 minutes ago, JBpy said:

Its true that Violate communicates with this mod to carry out the kidnapping. But, through Violate, they only kidnap Nora, never the companion. I mean, Piper always appears next to Nora, but with clothes and walking peacefully around the place.

If you surrender through Combat Surrender, both Nora and her companion are kidnapped. And Piper appears naked and kneeling beside Nora. (If they take her to another site, a message appears with the warning)

At least that is what I conclude after several tests.

It's funny that I just spent a whole day testing the exact the same thing and searching this forum for a solution without avail. At least now I know that it's not because of some error on my part but just the way it is.

It's my impression that the author doesn't have much interest in maintaining this mod (which is understandable, especially when he or she should be busy working with the upcoming CAP mod), but personally I think CSA is quite an enjoyable mod and hope someone could come up with a patch to solve this problem.

40 minutes ago, Slaves of Tamriel said:

It's funny that I just spent a whole day testing the exact the same thing and searching this forum for a solution without avail. At least now I know that it's not because of some error on my part but just the way it is.

It's my impression that the author doesn't have much interest in maintaining this mod (which is understandable, especially when he or she should be busy working with the upcoming CAP mod), but personally I think CSA is quite an enjoyable mod and hope someone could come up with a patch to solve this problem.

Very enjoyable It is one of my favorite mods even though the author hates it :lol: 

Flashy provided the scripts for the kidnapping and Ego made the adaptation for Violate; but perhaps the kidnapping of the companion requires another script that Ego is not aware of? 

2 hours ago, JBpy said:

Flashy provided the scripts for the kidnapping and Ego made the adaptation for Violate; but perhaps the kidnapping of the companion requires another script that Ego is not aware of?

Could be.

When I originally added the CSA abduction integration to Violate, I tested with companion auto-dismiss on and off and it seemed to work as expected.  I don't remember if the companion was naked and kneeling or not, though.  I tried it out again just now and I couldn't get the companion feature to work at all.  Whether or not I had auto-dismiss enabled, Piper just seemed to end up in some random location.  I may have messed up the CSA MCM settings, though.

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I tried it out again just now and I couldn't get the companion feature to work at all.  Whether or not I had auto-dismiss enabled, Piper just seemed to end up in some random location. 

OK, I seem to have figured it out.  CSA has a couple of utility quests whose job it is to find your companions and put them in quest aliases, and the main abduction quest uses those aliases.  I made Violate's CSA interface script start those two quests right before handing off to the CSA abduction, and the companion now gets abducted with the player when they should and ends up kneeling naked with you.

Not sure how companions ever managed to work at all before when Violate handed off to CSA, unless it was just luck that you were sent somewhere nearby and your companion traveled to find you on their own.

On 2/4/2020 at 5:16 PM, EgoBallistic said:

OK, I seem to have figured it out.  CSA has a couple of utility quests whose job it is to find your companions and put them in quest aliases, and the main abduction quest uses those aliases.  I made Violate's CSA interface script start those two quests right before handing off to the CSA abduction, and the companion now gets abducted with the player when they should and ends up kneeling naked with you.

Not sure how companions ever managed to work at all before when Violate handed off to CSA, unless it was just luck that you were sent somewhere nearby and your companion traveled to find you on their own.

Does enabling those quests allow the companion to be kidnapped by themselves as well or only abducted with the player?

On 2/9/2020 at 2:57 AM, Rahnohs said:

Does enabling those quests allow the companion to be kidnapped by themselves as well or only abducted with the player?

Sorry I took so long to answer, I actually had to test this to be certain.

Yes, with those changes, the Violate->CSA interface now allows your companion to be abducted separately as well as with the player.  The companion auto-dismiss / companion destination chances / companion abduction chances options all work as expected. 

Hi there :) First off, thank you for the mod and the creativity that comes with it and that it allows in the game.

I have a question though.. How do I initiate any contact with someone just because? I have an all AAF/RSE2 set of mods, and they seem to work fine when I force it to (I can create a scene using the 'home' key, pick actors, location, etc), but I can't do things like flirt/invite someone into a situation through dialogue. I had looked around and found an AAF Sex'em'up mod, but that has it's own surrender functions and appears to have interfered with the RSE2 functions. What am I missing?

-edit-

Honestly I'm thoroughly confused. I can't get anyone to talk to me at all now. Just period. Sturges, random township NPC's that I need to turn quests in to, etc.

I can hit 'talk' all day long and nobody responds. wtf?

11 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Sorry I took so long to answer, I actually had to test this to be certain.

Yes, with those changes, the Violate->CSA interface now allows your companion to be abducted separately as well as with the player.  The companion auto-dismiss / companion destination chances / companion abduction chances options all work as expected. 

Thanks so much for the update to Violate! 

17 hours ago, KT78 said:

Hi there :) First off, thank you for the mod and the creativity that comes with it and that it allows in the game.

I have a question though.. How do I initiate any contact with someone just because? I have an all AAF/RSE2 set of mods, and they seem to work fine when I force it to (I can create a scene using the 'home' key, pick actors, location, etc), but I can't do things like flirt/invite someone into a situation through dialogue. I had looked around and found an AAF Sex'em'up mod, but that has it's own surrender functions and appears to have interfered with the RSE2 functions. What am I missing?

-edit-

Honestly I'm thoroughly confused. I can't get anyone to talk to me at all now. Just period. Sturges, random township NPC's that I need to turn quests in to, etc.

I can hit 'talk' all day long and nobody responds. wtf?

Scrapped that savegame and started a new one. I can interact with people now so yay the game isn't broken, but I still have no means to initiate anything. CSA works fine, but I can't just walk up to someone and go 'HEY YOU! DTF?` if for some reason that was something I wanted to do.

22 minutes ago, KT78 said:

Scrapped that savegame and started a new one. I can interact with people now so yay the game isn't broken, but I still have no means to initiate anything. CSA works fine, but I can't just walk up to someone and go 'HEY YOU! DTF?` if for some reason that was something I wanted to do.

CSA doesn't have a "Hey let's knock boots" function built into it. You're two best mod options to achieve this would be either MCG (this mod has a LOT of different functions and may be a larger mod than what you're looking for) or AAF Sex Em' Up (this mod mostly does two things: lets you ask people if they want to have sex or ask if they want to pay to have sex)

So, trying out this mod, and I am running into an issue. 

After an assault and I have had 30 seconds to run away, I can not heal. 

No water, 

No food, 

No stim paks, 

No resting... 

None of them will restore health. They will consume the item, play the animation, advance the time... just not restore health....

any idea where to look for issue?

4 hours ago, nitemares said:

So, trying out this mod, and I am running into an issue. 

After an assault and I have had 30 seconds to run away, I can not heal. 

No water, 

No food, 

No stim paks, 

No resting... 

None of them will restore health. They will consume the item, play the animation, advance the time... just not restore health....

any idea where to look for issue?

I had this bug too, but with "Violate" mod. The only way to solve it, as far  as I know, are 2. Either you can reload, or you have some sex.

11 minutes ago, Verasmile2 said:

I had this bug too, but with "Violate" mod. The only way to solve it, as far  as I know, are 2. Either you can reload, or you have some sex.

Violate makes the player invulnerable from the start of surrender until the enemy stops being pacified.  A side effect of invulnerability is that healing doesn't work.  So basically you just have to wait a few seconds.  I suspect CSA does the same thing.

53 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Violate makes the player invulnerable from the start of surrender until the enemy stops being pacified.  A side effect of invulnerability is that healing doesn't work.  So basically you just have to wait a few seconds.  I suspect CSA does the same thing.

Through 24 hours in game, resting each time for 8 hours?

I tired using stim packs and health during this 24 hour in game time too... nadda.

This wasn't a case of panic spamming the "heal" button because I was in combat. This was a measured and careful test. Which as now progressed PAST rebooting! (Meaning the save with the CSA event STILL won't heal. After I have cloased down the game and restarted. 

It has also stayed past the CSA being disabled.... So I am counting that playthrough as "dead"

1 hour ago, Verasmile2 said:

sadly, not for me...

the save with the CSA event still won't heal after a reboot, nor after the mod as been disabled..... 

So.... Dead playthrough. 

Thank god only 40 minutes in.