[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

22 minutes ago, asebw said:

I probably missed this somewhere, but what is the race patch for?

To make sure actors are correctly identified if using an alternative race definition (for example the AnimeRace Nanakochan mod which has been so popular in recent months).

25 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

To make sure actors are correctly identified if using an alternative race definition (for example the AnimeRace Nanakochan mod which has been so popular in recent months).

Ah. Yeah, never used any of those. Unlike with Skyrim, I enjoy being human in FO4. Thank you for the clarification.

Hope i'm just being dumb, and have gone back through the thread a few months to see if it's been covered, but in FF surrenders (my character is F doing a raider lets play) when I have secured the surrender of an enemy, IE female raider, and choose to assault (I have already selected CSA switch gender roles ON) I AM ASSAULTED, rather than the individual whom has surrendered to me. I have done the "update CSA" button as pur instructions, but still seem to not be the dominant actor. What have I missed?

3 hours ago, FOfanatic said:

Hope i'm just being dumb, and have gone back through the thread a few months to see if it's been covered, but in FF surrenders (my character is F doing a raider lets play) when I have secured the surrender of an enemy, IE female raider, and choose to assault (I have already selected CSA switch gender roles ON) I AM ASSAULTED, rather than the individual whom has surrendered to me. I have done the "update CSA" button as pur instructions, but still seem to not be the dominant actor. What have I missed?

That may be more to do with the animations themselves, though admittedly, I am not entirely sure. There is an option in CSA general section under master controller for flipping the gender roles. That might be what you're looking for.

5 hours ago, FOfanatic said:

2 hours ago, asebw said:

That may be more to do with the animations themselves, though admittedly, I am not entirely sure. There is an option in CSA general section under master controller for flipping the gender roles. That might be what you're looking for.

What asebw said is really the only option here. Also if FF is your thing, care should be given when installing AAF to allow the FF animations. You dont want to select straight if you want access to all the FF possibilities. I really like the Atomic Scissors animations for instance but because I selected the straight option, none of the call mods allow it. All I get is a female playing the Butch on Suzy roles.

13 hours ago, asebw said:

I probably missed this somewhere, but what is the race patch for?

To force only humans to be the people who can assault you, excludes super mutants, ghouls, etc.

11 hours ago, FOfanatic said:

Two things come to mind.

1) Uninstall RSE II: CSA

2) Install AAF Violate instead

Not saying this to be a dick or anything. It just... CSA works 90% of the time and in a narrow spectrum. Violate doesn't have that - it is constantly updated to the latest AAF spec and meets a broader list of needs from users.

The more I work on Crime and Punishment, the more I see how CSA is broken in places. Not that its necessarily irreparable, just I have no inclination to go in and recode the parts that would need recoding, nor to redo all of the dialogues to make them work.

What I can say is that working on CAP (Crime and Punishment), I have grown my knowledge (again) of how the dialogue system works and have improved the scripting tremendously, so that it meshes with the dialogue seamlessly. In weeks of testing, I have never once had to use the CSA Reset function built into CAP. I can't say that about RSEII: CSA.

Truth is, the more I work on CAP, the more I am convinced that it supersedes RSEII in every way. At this point, in order to make RSEII compatible with CAP is an undertaking I do not wish to make, as much as that may disappoint some people. But... as I said, if gang bang surrenders are what people want, Violate does it perfectly. And there should be no reason you cant use Violate alongside CAP - you'll just have two separate surrender keys is all. One for Violate outcomes and one for CAP outcomes.

What is the difference in outcomes between CAP and RSE II:CSA? No village bicycle. No gender preference. No rounds. CAP allows one assault and it will ALWAYS be opposite gender to the player. I am not coding a bunch of layers of dialogue to meet everyone's wishlist. Aside from this, CAP does everything that CSA does, just... it does it fucking better.

I mean... companion kidnappings? You've all done those by now in RSE II: CSA, right?

Take a look at this, recorded tonight, as rescues happen in Crime and Punishment. And then you tell me which mod is the hands-down winner and which mod you'd rather have installed.

RSEII: CSA is dead man. Not going to get fixed. Ive been out of the AAF game for months and have no idea how it even truly works anymore. And like I said, Ive no desire to go into this mod and overhaul every single aspect of it that would need to be overhauled to catch it up to CAP's spec.

56 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Take a look at this, recorded tonight, as rescues happen in Crime and Punishment. And then you tell me which mod is the hands-down winner and which mod you'd rather have installed.

LOL. I was expecting Preston says "Another settlement needs your help" when you approach him. Disappointed.

Just kidding. Looks very smooth.

And I'm surprised how you easily sneak. People notice my toon miles away when she moves an inch while crouching.

17 minutes ago, Hanaxar said:

LOL. I was expecting Preston says "Another settlement needs your help" when you approach him. Disappointed.

Just kidding. Looks very smooth.

And I'm surprised how you easily sneak. People notice my toon miles away when she moves an inch while crouching.

Dont forget, Gwenn was wearing a raider disguise - they wouldn't trigger 'enemy detection', just [detected], which isnt the same thing... since Im in the raider faction, as a result of the disguise, enemy detection doesn't kick in. :)

Man... that Preston thing. I don't wanna ruin it, but it IS in there. But it only has a 10% chance of firing off and it only does it once. Never repeats.

I'll spin it up and upload it momentarily, so you can hear it.

Enjoy. Though, if you don't want a ruined moment, don't listen... which is like saying, "Don't stare at the car accident", I know...

Here's another one that I already shared on Discord that you may like too, featuring Piper, when you rescue her - it too is a one time event.

Crime And Punishment, 2020's Mod of the Year, breathing new life into, and humanizing, vanilla companions, for the win! :)

3 minutes ago, Hanaxar said:

Dude it was hilarious!! I'm in tears... Oh boi.

Added a second one to the original post. :)

Ive been in the edit bay, reworking existing dialogue - chopping up words and running them through sequencing and filters to make them line up to make new sentences.

Piper's is literally one of the best.

Nearly 33% of CAPs dialogue (now at 3000 lines) are custom edits, like these two examples.

Appreciate the feedback and info, does appear CSA would not play ball for FF surrenders, despite having the correct settings and appropriately updated AFF. I tried AAF violation and issue is resolved and that better suits my needs for this character as a badass Raider.

3 minutes ago, FOfanatic said:

Appreciate the feedback and info, does appear CSA would not play ball for FF surrenders, despite having the correct settings and appropriately updated AFF. I tried AAF violation and issue is resolved and that better suits my needs for this character as a badass Raider.

If playing a badass raider is what you like, you need Crime and Punishment (when it comes out).... #JustSaying.

I mean... you're a raider AND you can do this? To almost ANYONE??? ;)

3 hours ago, Hanaxar said:

Dude it was hilarious!! I'm in tears... Oh boi.

Buckle yourself in... because mate? You're in for one hell of a ride now. ;)

Imagine poor Nora's in jail and she has absolutely no money to her name and on top of that, she's stuck in that cell with Piper.

Ask yourself, what's a girl to do, to get out of jail, when she's got no caps???

You're welcome. ?

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Buckle yourself in... because mate? You're in for one hell of a ride now. ;)

Imagine poor Nora's in jail and she has absolutely no money to her name and on top of that, she's stuck in that cell with Piper.

Ask yourself, what's a girl to do, to get out of jail, when she's got no caps???

Whoa. that was crazy. 

Dood you convinced me. I believe you can make say anything with those vanilla sound files... That was "mission impossible" level sound editing. lol.

On 11/23/2019 at 6:18 AM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

To force only humans to be the people who can assault you, excludes super mutants, ghouls, etc.

Two things come to mind.

1) Uninstall RSE II: CSA

2) Install AAF Violate instead

Not saying this to be a dick or anything. It just... CSA works 90% of the time and in a narrow spectrum. Violate doesn't have that - it is constantly updated to the latest AAF spec and meets a broader list of needs from users.

The more I work on Crime and Punishment, the more I see how CSA is broken in places. Not that its necessarily irreparable, just I have no inclination to go in and recode the parts that would need recoding, nor to redo all of the dialogues to make them work.

What I can say is that working on CAP (Crime and Punishment), I have grown my knowledge (again) of how the dialogue system works and have improved the scripting tremendously, so that it meshes with the dialogue seamlessly. In weeks of testing, I have never once had to use the CSA Reset function built into CAP. I can't say that about RSEII: CSA.

Truth is, the more I work on CAP, the more I am convinced that it supersedes RSEII in every way. At this point, in order to make RSEII compatible with CAP is an undertaking I do not wish to make, as much as that may disappoint some people. But... as I said, if gang bang surrenders are what people want, Violate does it perfectly. And there should be no reason you cant use Violate alongside CAP - you'll just have two separate surrender keys is all. One for Violate outcomes and one for CAP outcomes.

What is the difference in outcomes between CAP and RSE II:CSA? No village bicycle. No gender preference. No rounds. CAP allows one assault and it will ALWAYS be opposite gender to the player. I am not coding a bunch of layers of dialogue to meet everyone's wishlist. Aside from this, CAP does everything that CSA does, just... it does it fucking better.

I mean... companion kidnappings? You've all done those by now in RSE II: CSA, right?

RSEII: CSA is dead man. Not going to get fixed. Ive been out of the AAF game for months and have no idea how it even truly works anymore. And like I said, Ive no desire to go into this mod and overhaul every single aspect of it that would need to be overhauled to catch it up to CAP's spec.

Heh, guess we'll just have to wait for RSE III to come out. It may or may not have the same schedule as half-life 3.

On a side note, playing with the latest version of Violate, there is a way to use CSA and violate together. Dunno, if that will help or hinder, but that option is there. Testing it out myself, or will be once I get my #%)(&#@*()%&@#*(($& mod list sorted out.

Definitely looking forward to crime and punishment when you get it out. You have my attention even before the video ><.

13 minutes ago, asebw said:

On a side note, playing with the latest version of Violate, there is a way to use CSA and violate together. Dunno, if that will help or hinder, but that option is there. Testing it out myself, or will be once I get my #%)(&#@*()%&@#*(($& mod list sorted out.

Yes, I've been using AAF Violate for surrenders with its hand-off to RSE II CSA's abduction scenarios (or Raider Pet depending on how the dice land).

On 11/19/2019 at 11:15 AM, mashup47 said:

@goosetrip CSA only calls for animations. All animations and walk to are handled by AAF. You could have to many scripts running at the time.

I beg to differ.  It has something to do with how your script is written.  Like I said before, there is no problems with other mods that call AAF.  All of EgoBallistic mods work just fine.  Only ones that seems to have this problem is CSA and AAF_Prostitution.

On 11/23/2019 at 6:18 AM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Maybe instead of trying to resurrect RSE 2, you should use CAP as a spring board for your next generation of mods? The start of the proverbial RSE 3?

2 hours ago, goosetrip said:

I beg to differ.  It has something to do with how your script is written.  Like I said before, there is no problems with other mods that call AAF.  All of EgoBallistic mods work just fine.  Only ones that seems to have this problem is CSA and AAF_Prostitution.

Hold on a minute there. first this is not my mod it is @Flashy (JoeR). that is the creator of this mod. second All controls of this mod are in the MCM and All animations are handled By AAF the only travel script that I know of that this mod run's is the to teleport you for abduction's or back to last settlement. So once your in a fight and a enemy surrenders or you chose to surrender to an enemy CSA tells AAF to start scene with animation with X type of tag. At which point AAF takes over and handles the rest until the animation is finished then hands back control to CSA.

48 minutes ago, Sex maniac said:

Hi. I'm a fan of the mod and I had run into problems with it. I saw another thread that said to get a paprus log. So I'm handing it over to you to see if you can help me out. I keep getting the message of "There are no viable rapist" And than it gives me 15 seconds to escape. I just wanna play the mod. Please help...

Papyrus.0.log 34.21 kB · 0 downloads

has your fallout 4 game been updated? and Have you updated FSE, AAF?

18 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

has you fallout 4 game been updated? and Have you updated FSE, AAF?

Yeah I updated them both. But it doesn't seem to work. I tried searching for an installation guide but no good.

Edit: Than again I'm probably missing something important. Something I probably over looked by accident.