[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

On 6/25/2020 at 3:21 AM, FtmSimsLover said:

Hi, auto-surrender doesn't seem to work? I just die every single time. 

I can't remember how auto-surrender is setup in this mod, but check to see if there is a health level setting in the MCM for this mod.  Try setting it a bit higher.  It's entirely possible that script lag from too many scripts for your machine causes a delay in the surrender part while another bullet comes with your character's name on it.

On 6/25/2020 at 10:21 AM, FtmSimsLover said:

Hi, auto-surrender doesn't seem to work? I just die every single time. 

I also use AAF Violate, and after surrendering with it I (and/or my companion) can be abducted. SO I can guarantee that they can work together.

On 7/3/2020 at 2:25 PM, Verasmile2 said:

I also use AAF Violate, and after surrendering with it I (and/or my companion) can be abducted. SO I can guarantee that they can work together.

Do you just turn off the surrender conditions for CSA and it still triggers after the AAF violate sequence?

46 minutes ago, Verisania said:

Do you just turn off the surrender conditions for CSA and it still triggers after the AAF violate sequence?

Correct, in the MCM for CSA you can just disable everything else other than abductions.

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but I don't really want to sift through 48 pages of posts. Please forgive me. xD

The issue I seem to have happens both with the Violate mod as well as this one. Whenever I surrender to my enemies, I will get the first initial 'sexual assault' scene that plays out just fine, but once it's over, nothing happens. Everyone literally just stands there for eternity, as if the game is constantly trying to figure something out? Everyone's gear is still re-equipped, and idle animations and whatnot still play, but I can't do anything unless I use the "force end" hotkey, and the options for multiple sessions and "village bicycle" don't work either because of this. The game (or mod) just stops knowing what to do after the first scene finishes. 

I also CAN get the abductions to work, and I quite like the optional feature, but it also only works if I turn off the assault feature beforehand, since the same bug prevents you from being taken away as well as anything else from happening while the game gets confused. So at this point I can either flip the switch in the MCM to allow sexual assault OR abduction, depending on which one I feel like at the time, but they don't work quite as intended for me, as I still have to "force" the end of the violations once the scene has ended (and this is the case in both the Violation mod and the RSE scenes). Also, sometimes during my time being kidnapped, after my character gets violated for the first time, the violator will strangely revert to having a random female settler's voice (and say things like "hi there!"), and that seems to prevent them from acting as intended after that happens as well. 

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I wanted to provide as much info as possible. At the moment I CAN still use the mod, albeit in a slightly jankier state, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, since escaping abductions can be quite fun but I wanted to mention the issue I'm having myself just in case. It might be a conflict with another mod that I have going perhaps, but which one I couldn't say since there's a lot. Either way, excellent mod overall, and I thank you for all of the work you've put into it!  :)

2 hours ago, DracoInsanity said:

I still have to "force" the end of the violations once the scene has ended (and this is the case in both the Violation mod and the RSE scenes

RSE and Violate both rely on AAF event notifications to make the scene progress.  You surrender, some dialogue happens, then the mod tells AAF to play an animation and puts itself "on hold" until AAF notifies it that the animation is over.  If something causes AAF not to send the event notification, the result will be what you are experiencing.

I would use the AAF Admin menu to see if there are any errors logged that might shed light on this -- after you abort the violation, hit Home to bring up the AAF Wizard, then hit Del until the wizard shows Mode: Admin, then hit Enter to see the Admin display.  The most recent messages are at the top.

2 hours ago, DracoInsanity said:

The issue I seem to have happens both with the Violate mod as well as this one. Whenever I surrender to my enemies, I will get the first initial 'sexual assault' scene that plays out just fine, but once it's over, nothing happens. Everyone literally just stands there for eternity, as if the game is constantly trying to figure something out?

This mod is no longer under active development, but AAF Violate is so you might have more luck asking on its support forum instead:

[Edit: as soon as I posted this, I noticed EgoBallistic saw and replied to your post here anyway.]

7 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I would use the AAF Admin menu to see if there are any errors logged that might shed light on this -- after you abort the violation, hit Home to bring up the AAF Wizard, then hit Del until the wizard shows Mode: Admin, then hit Enter to see the Admin display.  The most recent messages are at the top.

Below is the screenshot I took of the errors that it apparently found in the Admin window. I believe the ones on the top of the list might be due to a few animations in one package I have installed having more than one phase that you cycle through with left and right, but that's purely a guess on my part. lol  Do either of those things look like what would be causing the confusion?

Also, if it has any relevance to the issue as well, when I load into the game, the top right corner where AAF shows up says  AAF: 60%.  Not sure if it needs to be higher than that to work properly, but the actual AAF menu animations seem to work without a hitch.  Any help is appreciated, even if I can't find a solution. :)

errors.jpg

6 hours ago, vaultbait said:

This mod is no longer under active development, but AAF Violate is so you might have more luck asking on its support forum instead:

Thanks; I'll try that as well once I see where this one idea leads!

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, alejandrozq said:

as i undestood this is a more complete version of aaf violate (tell me if im wrong) so i have two questions:

This is not more complete.  It features abductions, which Violate doesn't.  But violate can use this mod's abduction features if you have both installed.

53 minutes ago, alejandrozq said:

1) is there a problem if i have both installed?

No.  Just make sure you don't have automatic surrender enabled in both mods.

53 minutes ago, alejandrozq said:

2) does this support creatures?

No.  Violate supports creatures, gangbangs, and many simultaneous animations, which this mod doesn't.

18 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

This is not more complete.  It features abductions, which Violate doesn't.  But violate can use this mod's abduction features if you have both installed.

No.  Just make sure you don't have automatic surrender enabled in both mods.

No.  Violate supports creatures, gangbangs, and many simultaneous animations, which this mod doesn't.

i see, thanks for answer, ill make sure to check the configuration of both mods to not fuck the game up

So I may have encountered something which im not sure is a bug or a feature but I have amazing follower tweaks and I have Cait, Curie and Piper as my companions. I also have AAF Violate but made sure to turn off auto surrender and hotkey in CSA and only enable it on Violate. So it works quite well all together.  But something happened when my team got overpowered and auto-surrendered but Cait and Piper were too far away from the team (i think they fell off the building in hyde park) the sexual assault happened fine but then only me and curie got abducted. When we got there the visitation events happened but curie was just sleeping on a sleeping bag. So as I was doing the quest trying to free myself, i looked at curie then she said I would have to kill the boss first then free her but I failed to kill everyone after i killed the boss and took my loot from the chest (playing very hardmode and enabled hardcore mode on abductions on player) and my character auto surrendered again and curie somehow got transferred somewhere else so I had to free myself again from same location (chest box wasnt red anymore) then had to go look for my companions. Cait and Piper were both in vault 88 coz that's where i set their home in Amazing Follower Tweaks. So we go do the quest to save Curie but she got taken so far away into far harbor territory which i havent even explored. After getting to her location it was a super mutant hq and we killed almost everyone including boss except one legendary supermutant primus and my health got too low that my team autosurrendered  before we even get to curie's room. So after the assault scene i killed the remaining legendary supermutant and tried to find curie again coz she got ttansferred AGAIN. Didnt bother to look for red loot chest coz i assumed all our inventory was in the first one. Finally found her bound somewhere and she had nothing in her inventory.

Anyway i didn't realize it until days later but most of my junk and caps are missing (i had like 100k+ caps now it's down to 46k+ without buying anything).

Is it coz i didnt look for red chest in curie's 2nd transfer site? Or am i just getting robbed randomly? I do make sure to grab all loot from dead enemies. My weapons and apparel dont seem to be missing anything. Sorry for long ass post i thought details might help

1 hour ago, Rias_Gremory23 said:

I did loot it when i got abducted. I just didnt look for one when curie got transferred from our original abduction site also there wasnt any at the new place

Thats a bit of an odd situation. My guess would be that once you surrendered the second time, you were relieved of your goods, but since you were still at the previous abduction site and original boss had been killed it kind of buggered things up. I never kill boss first. I kill the visitors as they come to see me via the sneak attack (except on mutants) saving boss for last. Abduction is the only reason anyone still loads this mod. Really wish @EgoBallistic would just make a version of this for Violate so we could dump this one.

7 hours ago, Olmech said:

Thats a bit of an odd situation. My guess would be that once you surrendered the second time, you were relieved of your goods, but since you were still at the previous abduction site and original boss had been killed it kind of buggered things up. I never kill boss first. I kill the visitors as they come to see me via the sneak attack (except on mutants) saving boss for last. Abduction is the only reason anyone still loads this mod. Really wish @EgoBallistic would just make a version of this for Violate so we could dump this one.

The problem was when we got abducted all the enemies were in the same room as our sleeping bags. The boss and his goons with bright lights surrounding us no way to sneak lol thats why i killed the boss first so i can grab my weapons and kill everyone else

Is the Enemy surrender function working yet? I've done all the options so far. Execute does auto execute them, steal does take their inventory and releasing lets them go normally(until they naturally despawn or something) but the rape function doesn't seem to work. All it does is just play dialogue and the surrender time goes away. Anyone know of a fix for this?

16 hours ago, hydrak64 said:

Is the Enemy surrender function working yet? I've done all the options so far. Execute does auto execute them, steal does take their inventory and releasing lets them go normally(until they naturally despawn or something) but the rape function doesn't seem to work. All it does is just play dialogue and the surrender time goes away. Anyone know of a fix for this?

I recommend using AAF Violate for surrenders instead:

It has optional integration to still use RSE II: CSA's abductions (which are a bit less buggy than CSA's surrenders at least).

3 hours ago, Verasmile2 said:

Is it normal that when recoviring my things, all the items marked as "materials" are not there? I've lost them 4 times already, and I'm kinda tired that to recover them I can only reload a previous save or just find other materials.

Sounds about right. I just stash loot at one of my settlements frequently, and assume that anything confiscated in an abduction might be lost forever. Strangely, the most annoying for me is soap. It's classified as junk, but I play with the Get Dirty mod so by the time I escape from captivity I'm usually filthy and about to start taking radiation damage. Not getting my bar of soap back so I can wash up? Unconscionable.

• 2 weeks later...