[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Depravity and other Thuggyverse mods completely change the main story too and are worth installing. They come highly recommended and are vetted to not be problems with the base game in any way - the alterations are done naturally and with careful attention to not altering things in a negative way. They will definitely make the base game feel WAY different and offer amazing ways to move the story forward.

And please dear God. Don't let there be bugs in CAP! LOL! I am about to implement my Just Business killer... don't want to be sidetracked. ?

Thuggysmurf mods some great stuff.  Outlaws and Remnants, Fusion City Rising,  Settler and Companion Dialogue to name a few. I have both Outlaws and Settler and Companion DIalogue but holding off on the rest for later in the game when I've knocked out a bunch of quests.

Work has started on one last update to this mod.

1. Giving it maximum karma compatibility for Crime and Punishment's karma system.

2. Adding meta tags in for MCG compatibility. @Martin56

3. Adding MCM toggles in to disable certain kidnapping functions for Hardship compatibility. @Tentacus

4. Adding some of CAPs surrender dialogue fixes to CSA (things that ensure the surrenders dont stall or hang up)

I suppose you'll all know when it updates... should be at some point today.

RSE II:CSA has been updated to a new version, v3.0

Changes:

• Meta tags added to all rape events so MCG can intercept player being raped and player being the rapist. @Martin56 & @anghelos92
  • New MCM toggles added for Hardship integration to stop visitors, disable food, water and sleeping bags during player abductions. @Tentacus
  • Fixes from CAP's surrender system added to RSE CSA, which *should* reduce or eliminate stalled dialogues upon player surrender in combat.
  • Adds action specific links to Crime And Punishment's karma system for:
    • Executing a surrendered enemy.
    • Robbing a surrendered enemy.
    • Raping a surrender enemy.
    • Betraying a companion and selling them out to an abduction.
    • Rescuing an abducted companion.
    • Escaping a player abduction.

NOTE: You do not need Crime and Punishment in order to use this update. It is 100% free of dependency on CAP.

For mod authors:

All source code is included so other mod authors can see how to make a zero-dependancy system for influencing karma in CAP. Nutshell, you make a quest that houses a small script to call the karma function in the OnQuestInit() event and then stop the quest after calling CAP's API function. And then in your main scripting, simply start that quest when you wish to affect CAP's karma. This ensures users of your mods who don't use CAP, will not suffer papyrus log complaints about not finding 'x' mod's scripts or function not found warnings, etc, or face issues of your main script not running at all, since the referenced source cannot be found (RSE used to face this problem with Roggvir's DD Items Manager, when people didn't have it installed, it would stall RSE scripts that used it).

For example, when the player escapes a kidnapping in RSEII:CSA, it will start a quest called "RSEII_Functions_Karma_Escaped" with:

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("Flashy_CrimeAndPunishment.esp")
         RSEII_Functions_Karma_Escaped.Start()
     Endif

That quest has a small script on it:

Event OnQuestInit()
         AdvancedNeeds:AN_KarmaHandlerScript.GetScript().ProcessKidnapEscapes()
         Stop()
     EndEvent

And really, that is all there is to making any mod use CAP without having a dependency on CAP within your main scripts. Of course, affecting one of the 50 actions it tracks requires knowing the API calls to make and Im always happy to provide that to anyone who needs it (or to make a custom metric, provided it can be worded in a SFW way, as CAP is a Nexus mod).

On 12/12/2019 at 5:46 PM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Modifying it now will not change what is already in place.

Those values, like safe distance, they are latched when you first get abducted, to set up the distance check. You can change them in the MCM now, yes, but they will not change what is currently happening in your abduction. Not until the next one.

And dont worry - you wont need to worry about RSEII:CSA for much longer. Once Crime and Punishment releases, RSEII will be a thing of the past.

In point of fact, if you want all the latest news, https://discord.gg/WZSGHW

Umm, maybe I'm just not allowed or maybe it's no longer open access, but the discord invite link isn't working :( Any chance I could get access?

13 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Nutshell, you make a quest that houses a small script to call the karma function in the OnQuestInit() event and then stop the quest after calling CAP's API function. And then in your main scripting, simply start that quest when you wish to affect CAP's karma. This ensures users of your mods who don't use CAP, will not suffer papyrus log complaints about not finding 'x' mod's scripts or function not found warnings, etc, or face issues of your main script not running at all, since the referenced source cannot be found (RSE used to face this problem with Roggvir's DD Items Manager, when people didn't have it installed, it would stall RSE scripts that used it).

That quest won't compile without the CAP source code.  And the user will still see errors about "base types don't match" coming from the quest if CAP isn't installed.

Instead of a quest and all that, a mod that wants to call the ProcessKidnapEscapes() function can use CallFunction() on the script object, like this:

Function Karma_Escaped()
        Quest RSEII_Karma_Main = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000173E, "Flashy_CrimeAndPunishment.esp") as Quest
        ScriptObject AN_KarmaHandlerScript = RSEII_Karma_Main.CastAs("AdvancedNeeds:AN_KarmaHandlerScript")
        AN_KarmaHandlerScript.CallFunction("ProcessKidnapEscapes", new Var[0])
    EndIf
EndFunction

This will compile without the CAP script source, and will not generate any errors.

Using a proxy quest like you described is only necessary in cases where the function you need from the other mod can't be called via CallFunction().  This was the case with Rogg's because his function returned an array, which CallFunction() can't handle.  He has since added a "remote" version of his function that uses VarArrayToVar() to make it compatible with CallFunction().

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That quest won't compile without the CAP source code.  And the user will still see errors about "base types don't match" coming from the quest if CAP isn't installed.

Instead of a quest and all that, a mod that wants to call the ProcessKidnapEscapes() function can use CallFunction() on the script object, like this:

Function Karma_Escaped()
        Quest RSEII_Karma_Main = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000173E, "Flashy_CrimeAndPunishment.esp") as Quest
        ScriptObject AN_KarmaHandlerScript = RSEII_Karma_Main.CastAs("AdvancedNeeds:AN_KarmaHandlerScript")
        AN_KarmaHandlerScript.CallFunction("ProcessKidnapEscapes", new Var[0])
    EndIf
EndFunction

This will compile without the CAP script source, and will not generate any errors.

Using a proxy quest like you described is only necessary in cases where the function you need from the other mod can't be called via CallFunction().  This was the case with Rogg's because his function returned an array, which CallFunction() can't handle.  He has since added a "remote" version of his function that uses VarArrayToVar() to make it compatible with CallFunction().

Made these changes. Thanks! :)

RSE II:CSA has been updated to a new version, v3.1

Realized the scripting for Robbery karma was missing, so added that and converted karma function calls to use Ego's ScriptObject method so that people without CAP don't have papyrus issues.

Abductions seem to be ignoring the companion auto dismiss setting, at least for dogmeat I don't have any other companions to test with right now. I am using AAF Violate's surrender and have the option in that mod to get abducted by CSA turned on.  The only companion related mod I have is unlimited companion framework and I have tried it without that as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Love your mods btw. Just wondering if you can make it to where if you are abducted your followers are as well, maybe stashed if a different area or with the PC? So far when I get abducted they are just walking around the area. Using AFT so I have multiple followers and usually none are tied up.

17 minutes ago, Remel said:

Love your mods btw. Just wondering if you can make it to where if you are abducted your followers are as well, maybe stashed if a different area or with the PC? So far when I get abducted they are just walking around the area. Using AFT so I have multiple followers and usually none are tied up.

I dont support AFT in any mod I make, simply because it is a Frankenstein beast that butchers the FollowersScript and the Followers quest and noone should touch that. Ever.

That said, if a companion goes with you, as in a single companion, pulled from the unaltered vanilla followers quest Companion alias, they will be "abducted". Using AFT though, since its not accounted for, just makes those companions teleport with you, potentially attack everyone in sight, and generally do nothing much at all.

I know it sucks, but its the nature of the beast. You either make a mod to use AFT and its no good to non-AFT people, or you build it for the base common denominator, which is the vanilla game without multi-follower mods in use. And base game users are the majority. Sorry to squash your hopes mate...

15 hours ago, nb097 said:

Umm, maybe I'm just not allowed or maybe it's no longer open access, but the discord invite link isn't working :( Any chance I could get access?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35513

The link is on this page - that one will never expire. Just search for "Discord Server". Control-F is your friend. :)

55 minutes ago, Jimbob9000 said:

Abductions seem to be ignoring the companion auto dismiss setting, at least for dogmeat I don't have any other companions to test with right now. I am using AAF Violate's surrender and have the option in that mod to get abducted by CSA turned on.  The only companion related mod I have is unlimited companion framework and I have tried it without that as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

He should be dismissing, especially if you dont use AFT and rely on the vanilla follower system. Dogmeat has admittedly occasionally been a problem though...

3 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35513

The link is on this page - that one will never expire. Just search for "Discord Server". Control-F is your friend. :)

He should be dismissing, especially if you dont use AFT and rely on the vanilla follower system. Dogmeat has admittedly occasionally been a problem though...

Just an addition to "Discord server". This invitational page with Discord link deserves more attention and of course it deserves more endorsements: ?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/166126

5 hours ago, Jimbob9000 said:

Abductions seem to be ignoring the companion auto dismiss setting, at least for dogmeat I don't have any other companions to test with right now. I am using AAF Violate's surrender and have the option in that mod to get abducted by CSA turned on.

The companion abduction options work for every companion I have tried except for Dogmeat.  He's not technically a companion; he uses a different alias in the Followers quest so depending on how CSA looks for companions it might miss him.  I avoid traveling with Dogmeat in any case, because sex mods don't really know what to do with him so he's always just hanging around awkwardly.

Well, I used console to join the faction that abducted my character, is there a posibility that at the end of the abduction they offer u or u beg to be admited on the faction becoming enemy of the commonwealt? i know it will break the capability of finish the vanilla main story but well, who do that this days XD tyvm for ur mod, is core to the playing, happy hollydays

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I avoid traveling with Dogmeat in any case, because sex mods don't really know what to do with him so he's always just hanging around awkwardly.

I dont travel with Dogmeat because if he can find a way to impede my forward progress, he does. Most irritating companion ever.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

The companion abduction options work for every companion I have tried except for Dogmeat.  He's not technically a companion; he uses a different alias in the Followers quest so depending on how CSA looks for companions it might miss him.  I avoid traveling with Dogmeat in any case, because sex mods don't really know what to do with him so he's always just hanging around awkwardly.

Well good to know my install isnt broken then. I probably won't use him much but im messing around to make sure everything works before I get far into the game and he's the easiest companion to get.

I tried just dismissing dogmeat manually from the abduction site, but then he becomes hostile to the captors which kinda defeats the purpose. Is there anyway to use the console to teleport a companion away as a fallback? I know you can teleport NPCs to you and vice versa, but I don't know if you can just send an NPC to a location without you being there.

4 hours ago, Jimbob9000 said:

Well good to know my install isnt broken then. I probably won't use him much but im messing around to make sure everything works before I get far into the game and he's the easiest companion to get.

I tried just dismissing dogmeat manually from the abduction site, but then he becomes hostile to the captors which kinda defeats the purpose. Is there anyway to use the console to teleport a companion away as a fallback? I know you can teleport NPCs to you and vice versa, but I don't know if you can just send an NPC to a location without you being there.

Yeah, you can select someone and then in console type "moveto <refID>".  I occasionally send dismissed companions to Valentine (2f25) or Piper (2f1f) to get them out of the area fast.  No quotes or brackets, of course.

On 12/30/2019 at 5:52 AM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I dont support AFT in any mod I make, simply because it is a Frankenstein beast that butchers the FollowersScript and the Followers quest and noone should touch that. Ever.

That said, if a companion goes with you, as in a single companion, pulled from the unaltered vanilla followers quest Companion alias, they will be "abducted". Using AFT though, since its not accounted for, just makes those companions teleport with you, potentially attack everyone in sight, and generally do nothing much at all.

I know it sucks, but its the nature of the beast. You either make a mod to use AFT and its no good to non-AFT people, or you build it for the base common denominator, which is the vanilla game without multi-follower mods in use. And base game users are the majority. Sorry to squash your hopes mate...

That's alright, your mods are awesome either way you go. This little issue is just par for the course and I can deal with that. I've been looking for a sub for AFT since it's really no longer supported anyway. 

3 hours ago, Remel said:

That's alright, your mods are awesome either way you go. This little issue is just par for the course and I can deal with that. I've been looking for a sub for AFT since it's really no longer supported anyway. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11829

This one is made by the same person who makes LooksMenu. If ever there was "cred", that would be it. I can't say it'll solve the issue relating to the kidnappings but it is an alternative to AFT at any rate.

As a note, I did build Crime and Punishment's surrender system to not specifically use AFT, but it will resolve surrender and dismissal of EVERY companion you have with you, properly via their normal dismiss functions (and that includes roughly 20 mod added companions as well). The only downside to opting into CAP's surrender system is that it is not like CSA at all in that, while it does feature every possible outcome that CSA does, it has no violations in it. But if from a gameplay mechanic, you are looking for the consequences of surrendering, minus the rapes, I would recommend CAP as your used Surrender system - just maybe not right now, since the mod is still alpha and in testing (the surrender system itself is flawless, but updating mod mid-game is a pain in the ass when there are new updates every week).

3 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

And what's update procedure from previous version?  Just uninstall old, drop in new version?

What are you referencing? CSA? If so, it has an autoupdater in it - just overwrite existing installation.

4 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11829

This one is made by the same person who makes LooksMenu. If ever there was "cred", that would be it. I can't say it'll solve the issue relating to the kidnappings but it is an alternative to AFT at any rate.

As a note, I did build Crime and Punishment's surrender system to not specifically use AFT, but it will resolve surrender and dismissal of EVERY companion you have with you, properly via their normal dismiss functions (and that includes roughly 20 mod added companions as well). The only downside to opting into CAP's surrender system is that it is not like CSA at all in that, while it does feature every possible outcome that CSA does, it has no violations in it. But if from a gameplay mechanic, you are looking for the consequences of surrendering, minus the rapes, I would recommend CAP as your used Surrender system - just maybe not right now, since the mod is still alpha and in testing (the surrender system itself is flawless, but updating mod mid-game is a pain in the ass when there are new updates every week).

Does crime and punishment will have togles as u added to CSA to add the content from hardship or family planning enhanced? ty in advance