[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

3 hours ago, nitemares said:

Through 24 hours in game, resting each time for 8 hours?

I tired using stim packs and health during this 24 hour in game time too... nadda.

No that sounds like you've run into some kind of bug.  Like I said, with Violate you remain invulnerable for the duration of the pacification timer which is adjustable in MCM.  I did it that way so that if you are released because someone attacks your aggressors -- for example a patrol of Super Mutants starts attacking the Raiders that are having their way with you -- it will give you time to run away.  Otherwise you're just standing there naked and probably at low health and pretty much just die.  You can disable the feature (it's called "God Mode" in Violate's MCM) but I don't recommend it.

CSA has the same feature, and I'm pretty sure it works the same way, but it also should wear off after several seconds.  So if it's not wearing off something caused CSA not to properly end the event.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

No that sounds like you've run into some kind of bug.  Like I said, with Violate you remain invulnerable for the duration of the pacification timer which is adjustable in MCM.  I did it that way so that if you are released because someone attacks your aggressors -- for example a patrol of Super Mutants starts attacking the Raiders that are having their way with you -- it will give you time to run away.  Otherwise you're just standing there naked and probably at low health and pretty much just die.  You can disable the feature (it's called "God Mode" in Violate's MCM) but I don't recommend it.

CSA has the same feature, and I'm pretty sure it works the same way, but it also should wear off after several seconds.  So if it's not wearing off something caused CSA not to properly end the event.

Yea, That's what I figured. 

I knew there was a timer (was one of the first things I checked)... It was set to 30 seconds.... but after 5 minutes and no healing ability? Very odd. Especially when everythig else was working. (I could draw my weapon, change outfits, etc...).. Then after resting.. well... :(

And now FO4 won't even load today... so time to start over.... Such is the life of a modded gamer.

I think part of my issue is I do run a fairly script heavy load out with Sim Settlements Conquerer installed. (that mod has stuff always running int he background for plot improvements, attacks on settlements, etc...) So throwing in CSA, which is also script heavy was bound to overload the engine eventually...  

So I'm using this with CAP, and during my first kidnapping, my PC ended her time and was "beaten and left somewhere". Upon spawning there, it cleared the kidnapping quest, then suddenly, rekidnapped my PC. Any idea why that might be happening? I've reloaded several times and still getting that same thing.

On 2/14/2020 at 9:03 PM, EgoBallistic said:

I just got the same invulnerability bug during my first abduction with CSA.

Stopping the abduction through the CSA MCM did nothing. Will see if I can fix this.

If not then I'll probably just uninstall this mod again.

Pity, hoped this could be a replacement for Raider Pet, which also didn't really work for me.

edit:

The issue somehow disappeared after reloading the savegame. Will keep using this for now.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Durante said:

It's sad that this module never got voiced. CAP is very well done on voicing but it just feels incomplete without the possibility of assault.

Its not sad at all. This mod doesn't deserve my best the way CAP does. LL = 0.5% of total FO4 mod users. Nexus = 99.5% of FO4 mod users. Not hard to see where I would put my best efforts (and not glorify rape).

On 3/9/2020 at 8:59 AM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Not hard to see where I would put my best efforts (and not glorify rape).

Go easy there. Maybe you have risen above the degenerates here myself included...but you cut your teeth and honed your craft here. You may not want or need us now...but that was not always the case. Its just about always a long way to the top but it can be a short, quick fall to the bottom. Wish you much success, but statements like the one I quoted above are troublesome. We certainly have no issue with not glorifying rape. But most of us never looked at it like that anyway. Go make mods with Snoopy flying his doghouse across the Commonwealth, Balloon and flower sellers in Diamond City or emulate your new found idols who never created anything worth playing twice....but dont come here and berate the people who loyally followed, tested and floated ideas to help you on your way. Its cool you want to go a new way and I respect that...but RSE did in fact happen. We do enjoy it and without RSE, there would be no AN2 or CAP. If you despise it so, take it down. Take down everything you have here and dont come back. But dont treat people that used to call you a friend like crap.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:53 AM, Shiba21 said:

Getting a problem where even though I have "Companions can have visitors" Turned on and the slider to 100% just to test. my companions never get visitors during abductions. Only I do. Any tips? 

Yes, this known. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Everything with the player works, so just play it that way.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:06 PM, Plaguetard said:

Upon spawning there, it cleared the kidnapping quest, then suddenly, rekidnapped my PC. Any idea why that might be happening

Check your settings in MCM. More than one of Flashy's mods have a kidnapping feature. Enable one of them in one mod but not all.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:24 PM, dezpotism said:

Is CAP disabling auto surrender in CSA? I have disabled auto surrender in CAP but ever since I installed it CSA auto surrender is not working any more.

If you are going to play with surrender type mods on, you have to turn the corresponding features in CAP off. Its either or. No way around it. Also you should consider using Violate by @EgoBallistic to handle any adult surrender events as it is being kept up to date. Use RSE to handle abduction type events with CSA events in RSE turned off. Works like a champ. Of course if you dont mind dumping the adult stuff, CAP provides a much more fleshed out combat system.

10 hours ago, Olmech said:

I would recommend playing CAP without anything here first. Learn how it works before augmenting with LL mods.

But Flashy just told some guy on the Nexus that having RSEII Resources installed would break CAP, and vice-versa.

No offense to the author, but I'm kinda done with his mods. Leaving a mod like Brothels & Prostitution up (which breaks your game badly, as reported by several different people) without at the very least changing the title/header to warn unsuspecting users of the mod's current issues and just going "oh well I've moved on get over yourself lolololol" is just plain disrespectful to the community. I have no doubt he'll just have another stupid midlife crisis and abandon CAP soon after anyway. Wait, did I mean no offense to the author? Nevermind.

10 hours ago, shunter said:

RSEII Resources installed would break CAP, and vice-versa

If he said that, I reckon he should know. He made both mods. I play with Resources and CAP.  My game is fine for the moment. It might break later I suppose but its good now. 

Just to prove that I'm not "whiny" and that I have a legitimate complaint, see pic below. A screenshot of him admitting it not once, but twice. I couldn't care less about what mods other people use, or what the author does to his mods since they rightfully belong to him, what I do care about is when said author leaves a mod in such a state that it breaks your save dozens of hours into it and thinks leaving a comment on the very last page suffices as far as warning people of it, then throws a tantrum when someone rightfully complains about it (after at least half a dozen of people made posts about it). Not to mention the general holier-than-thou attitude in both this thread and Brothels & Prostitution's when people were just asking for support, but now I'm just going on a tangent.

The reason why I appear so irritated is because this isn't the first time this guy does this. Abandons a mod, 'forgets' to warn people that it'll break your save, and then just moves on to his next project. You're wasting my time and the time of the people who lost countless hours in their playthroughs and troubleshooting their game, all because you can't be arsed to just take a minute and change the title/header to something such as "Do not use this mod. This has been discontinued, and it will harm your save".

screenshot.png

screenshot2.png

45 minutes ago, shunter said:

what I do care about is when said author leaves a mod in such a state that it breaks your save dozens of hours into it

Most everyone that follows Flashy knew that he was abandoning these mods. I am sure it was just an oversight or perhaps a lack of interest because of a time commitment to his new mod that the first page did not get updated. As far as a borked save with dozens of hours into it...welcome to using mods in gaming. Most everyone here will tell you this is not a special circumstance or unususal. I routinely scrap saves with 20-40hrs played to get rid of a problem. If you use mods...this happens. You get good at starting over. I use Transfer Settlements to make that as painless as possible and live with the rest. None of us have identical load orders. Some mods work fine on their own but do not play well with others. There are no perfect mods as there simply is no way to test every combination. It is ultimately the gamers responsibility to find what he or she likes and test these combinations. This is just the way things are. Most mods have flaws of one kind or another. Some go unrealized...some are rather glaring. That being said, I never experienced game breaking moments when using Brothels. I only quit using it after Flashy said there were issues and was not interested in repairing it. But it is a bit naive to complain about a borked save in a modded game. I am fairly certain I could load Brothels into my current game and make it work. But I save often. Usually if I do have a major problem, I dont lose the whole game. I just go back to a point before the catastrophe.

Hello, I have an issue with Danse from the companion abduction. After the rescue, his hands had completely disappeared and he was unable to equip or use weapons - perhaps due to the handcuffs not being compatible with his power armor.

I've had success with other companions in the past that have stopped using weapons by equipping them with handcuffs or other devices then unequipping them from the usual trade/inventory menu. That wasn't possible with Danse (couldn't do a regular equip because of his power armor) so tried with console commands, which caused his hands to come back. But he still won't use weapons.

I've also tried 'disable'/'enable' on him, and 'recycleactor'. None of these make him use weapons. Using recycleactor removes his power armor, and shows him in an "arms behind back" posture. So i've tried spawning in and having him equip/unequip all sorts of arm locking devices to see if one of them will trigger a script to reset his posture, but no joy yet.

Is there any other way I could reset him so he can use weapons? I would very much prefer not to have to load an old save file as it took me many hours of gameplay to realise he was bugged (did several quests before the rescue).

Thanks!

On 3/29/2020 at 1:10 PM, ivanoff said:

Everything works great in the Surrender part until the animation is finished. Then the attacker jumps behind me and I am unable to move.  What could be causing this? Thanks

Edit: I was mislead due to difficulty in feeling out sarcasm on text. Creator's statement below, i suggest you read that.