SkyrimLL/DeepBlueFrog mods conversion to SSE

3 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I will have to double check the conditions for Danica to tell you about the "apprentice". 

I am starting a new playthrough at the moment. I will keep an eye on this point and let you know if there is something I should fix.

Afaik there is no apprentice in SE. It ends with glowing mushrooms. Atm the mod is really just infections and thats it. I second a desire for BHUNP bodyslides as well. 

On 11/27/2020 at 5:54 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

All good points.

I will make a note to ensure no egg is added immediately after removal, especially by the same spider.

I haven't encountered a situation where the same spider gives and removes (in that order) the eggs at two different times. I wasn't really trying for it, but I might now that I think of it.

As I said though, if eggs are removed by a spider then that spider will automatically give more eggs. I just haven't done that twice with the same spider.

I have, however, had one give the eggs and the very next one about 20ft away exchange them and give me more. Then I had it happen again with a third spider another 20ft away. I thought that was a bit funny since I was trying to get somewhere and they kept stopping me (had arousal locked and a mod that forced sex when arousal is high). Kept leaving evidence as I moved.

I returned to that area a while later (in game weeks, not sure how long) and the evidence was still there. Had to laugh again when one of the spiders jumped me just like before but no egg exchange that time. Not that it matters, but it was south of a giant camp in falskaar where there are 5-6 spiders just hanging out. The timer might be broken in that mod or it just hadn't been a month yet to reset everything. I really don't know. Probably not anything you should be concerned about.

On 11/27/2020 at 9:20 PM, DJShamrock said:

Afaik there is no apprentice in SE. It ends with glowing mushrooms. Atm the mod is really just infections and thats it. I second a desire for BHUNP bodyslides as well. 

There is. At different times on several different playthroughs I have probably seen each part of the quest(s). Never all of them in the same game though. The woman Danica talks about does exist and I have met her but only by accidentally running into her. It was before I had done anything else that the mod should be triggering her appearance.

The jumbled quest stages starting and stopping on their own is why I am not sure how the quest gets started. I've 'started' the quest at about 5 or 6 different stages. It would seem to me that you 1) get infected one of 10 different ways, 2) ask random NPC for help, 3) get directed to Danica and then 4) she tells you about her "apprentice" and 5) you go find her. Then you do all the stuff she wants you to do. But Danica seems pretty stingy about telling you anything most of the time. Also won't help cure the infections either. The apprentice sometimes shows up first thing off the wagon at helgen in some games (not that she is in helgen) and other games won't show up ever. Its very hit and miss. But she does exist in the SSE version.

8 hours ago, Emrek said:

There is. At different times on several different playthroughs I have probably seen each part of the quest(s). Never all of them in the same game though. The woman Danica talks about does exist and I have met her but only by accidentally running into her. It was before I had done anything else that the mod should be triggering her appearance.

The jumbled quest stages starting and stopping on their own is why I am not sure how the quest gets started. I've 'started' the quest at about 5 or 6 different stages. It would seem to me that you 1) get infected one of 10 different ways, 2) ask random NPC for help, 3) get directed to Danica and then 4) she tells you about her "apprentice" and 5) you go find her. Then you do all the stuff she wants you to do. But Danica seems pretty stingy about telling you anything most of the time. Also won't help cure the infections either. The apprentice sometimes shows up first thing off the wagon at helgen in some games (not that she is in helgen) and other games won't show up ever. Its very hit and miss. But she does exist in the SSE version.

The "apprentice" is Lastelle. She has been part of the mod almost from day one. 

She can be found north of Morthal, near the abandoned shack from the Dark Brotherhood quest.

Danica should be telling you about her if you reach a certain stage in your training - something like learning how to remove spider eggs, chaurus worm and facehugger maybe?

You can also learn about Lastelle independently by going to Morthal and talking to her mother, the local Apothecary, or by walking in one Lastelle directly near the abandoned shack.

On 11/27/2020 at 5:15 PM, Emrek said:

Btw, does anyone have the bodyslides for the creepers? The belt doesn't fit BHUNP very well and I was hoping to convert it.

I'm actually experimenting with that a bit as I use BHUNP, and I think I have it just about figured out. I'll post an update if I get it right.

20 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The "apprentice" is Lastelle. She has been part of the mod almost from day one. 

She can be found north of Morthal, near the abandoned shack from the Dark Brotherhood quest.

Danica should be telling you about her if you reach a certain stage in your training - something like learning how to remove spider eggs, chaurus worm and facehugger maybe?

You can also learn about Lastelle independently by going to Morthal and talking to her mother, the local Apothecary, or by walking in one Lastelle directly near the abandoned shack.

Right. *I* know who she is. Was just trying to preserve a bit of mystery for her identity. Spoilers and all that. Ya know.

I think the only time I have seen her was when I left the homestead for Morthal and happen to notice the pillars. I hadn't spoken to Danica yet at that point. I had obviously been in Morthal (to get the house) so it's possible I overheard her mother talking, but don't recall ever going into the shop. I really have no reason to go in there on any playthrough.

I have later gone in there on a different playthrough and talked with her hoping she would tell me about her daughter, but just like Danica she didn't. Seems to me that I even tried stealing the book and see if she would appear. She doesn't.

On my current playthrough I have only two of the infections to go. Danica doesn't seem willing to help with a few of them so I had to force remove them myself with a full inventory of ingredients. Hiphugger and barnacles are all that I haven't experienced yet. (keep getting the face one and haven't been to blackreach yet). Still, Danica doesn't talk about Lastelle. The only time that she has was when Lastelle directed me to find Danica so I know they are connected. Just cannot get the reference to go the opposite way which would seem more reasonable.

The training thing seems appropriate. Many mods use hidden training counters. Maybe I'll just keep going back with the infections I've already tried and know she will help with. Quantity, not quality.

Btw, just a thought, the barnacles would be good if they also appeared near anywhere that barnacles are found. Like if you sleep within 50ft of a barnacle patch. This would end up being most boats and some of the coastline, even on the bridge into dragonsreach. Instead of setting up a list of which boat and what coordinates, just scan the immediate area for a barnacle node like what is done with scanning for a dungeon entrance. The barnacles are kind of an invasive spore. Would make sense that they float in the air and find their way to a nearby moist spot.

22 minutes ago, Adviser69 said:

I'm actually experimenting with that a bit as I use BHUNP, and I think I have it just about figured out. I'll post an update if I get it right.

Someone posted the UNP tentacles and the barnacles somewhere a while back. I have those and converted those over to BHUNP. Just don't have the creepers, worms or eggs. Latter two don't really need a conversion though except maybe to reposition them slightly.

3 minutes ago, Adviser69 said:

I found the mesh bodyslides for the creepers as well as the living armor and tentacles. It was just a matter of tailoring them over to the Parasite mod.

Good that you found them. I have no idea where I got the harnesses. Could have been from you, for all that I remember.

I'm finding that converting UNP to BHUNP is actually pretty easy even if it takes a while to get them to look good. Learning a lot about how to do it. Just not sure how to pull the meshes out of a mod in order to start. Knowing that would be helpful for all the older armor mods that don't support pregnant/inflated bellies. More to learn, I guess. In time I'll get it.

so going through simple slavery (the newest link to the one on lovers lab conversion forum ++ ) I can get defeat to trigger with some reliability, as well as the auction after, but  after that I get SD+ to trigger as well as the message that "were going to go for a walk" but then my master just stands around doing nothing.  Hell follow me if I begin moving away from him, but wont move on his own.  I looked on the github page and this was mentioned but only in 2019, might there be a way and troubleshoot/try and fix it? im not sure whats interfering with the master "going home" or walking, but wondering if something might be.  Any tips  or suggestions to try and fix this would be great, thanks!  

39 minutes ago, RyuDraconis said:

so going through simple slavery (the newest link to the one on lovers lab conversion forum ++ ) I can get defeat to trigger with some reliability, as well as the auction after, but  after that I get SD+ to trigger as well as the message that "were going to go for a walk" but then my master just stands around doing nothing.  Hell follow me if I begin moving away from him, but wont move on his own.  I looked on the github page and this was mentioned but only in 2019, might there be a way and troubleshoot/try and fix it? im not sure whats interfering with the master "going home" or walking, but wondering if something might be.  Any tips  or suggestions to try and fix this would be great, thanks!  

That's an issue with Simple Slavery giving you a master out in the open with little AI packages.

"we are going for a walk" means the master should start a travel package from SD+.

I am not sure why it isn't triggering though.

I will have to try to recreate that next time I test Simple Slavery.

On 11/30/2020 at 12:35 PM, stas2503 said:

@Daikomyo @Mart0206 @Mr. Otaku Feel free to redistribute this mod. It is not customary in Russia to prohibit the distribution of mods, provided that it is done for free (not for money).

As mentioned above, she only has a name in Russian, which in principle can be corrected through xEdit.

Fjotra Replacer.7z 5.86 MB · 3 downloads

2023 edit: Nowadays there are other options available on nexus too. Including replacers that use high poly head. Go look them up. ? /edit

I made a quick and dirty SSE conversion which seems to work fine so far. Name change into english included.

Fjotra Replacer SE.7z

Edited by alaunus01
it's 2023

Has anyone tried the DBF and related mods (ex. using YPS in conjunction with hormones, Simple Slavery and SD+) with the new version of Devious Devices?

The updates and optimization look great (getting rid of script overhead would be a big plus), but my current install works, and I don't want to break it by trying to update.

3 minutes ago, w234aew said:

Has anyone tried the DBF and related mods (ex. using YPS in conjunction with hormones, Simple Slavery and SD+) with the new version of Devious Devices?

The updates and optimization look great (getting rid of script overhead would be a big plus), but my current install works, and I don't want to break it by trying to update.

I downloaded it and I am thinking of using it in my set up. I might hold off until January for that though... on the one hand, I want to trim down my list of mods further and use updates like the new Devious Devices. On the other hand, I don't want to risk screwing up my set up and spending December troubleshooting mod compatibility issues instead of working on my mods.

28 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I downloaded it and I am thinking of using it in my set up. I might hold off until January for that though... on the one hand, I want to trim down my list of mods further and use updates like the new Devious Devices. On the other hand, I don't want to risk screwing up my set up and spending December troubleshooting mod compatibility issues instead of working on my mods.

That's exactly my concern. I change my visual/quest/location load order often enough not to bat an eye and just check the requirements.

But, the DD5 SE page didn't have any statements at all about DD5 backward compatibility with DD4-based mods, which makes me very apprehensive about it.

Given the update rate for a lot of SE mods, especially notable LL ones, I'm waiting for better compatibility checking, and probably won't update for a while.

With all of the stuff I've currently got installed, SE is stable, but almost all of it was installed after DD, and stuff like YPS and others are primarily DD-based, so migrating over may topple the Jenga tower of esms,esps, and esls I've meticulously placed in my load order.

11 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

That's an issue with Simple Slavery giving you a master out in the open with little AI packages.

"we are going for a walk" means the master should start a travel package from SD+.

I am not sure why it isn't triggering though.

I will have to try to recreate that next time I test Simple Slavery.

Yeah Im thinking another ai mod might be interfering with the package, (I do run AIO, but Im thinking of removing it) but its hard to tell.  Ive lowered SD + in my mod load order so the only thing that it doesnt overwrite is a conflict resolution patch and SL romance, and things that dont touch the ai packages. Thanks for the assist Frog, ill keep my eyes peeled to see if anything comes of this!

3 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

3 hours ago, w234aew said:

That's exactly my concern. I change my visual/quest/location load order often enough not to bat an eye and just check the requirements.

But, the DD5 SE page didn't have any statements at all about DD5 backward compatibility with DD4-based mods, which makes me very apprehensive about it.

Given the update rate for a lot of SE mods, especially notable LL ones, I'm waiting for better compatibility checking, and probably won't update for a while.

With all of the stuff I've currently got installed, SE is stable, but almost all of it was installed after DD, and stuff like YPS and others are primarily DD-based, so migrating over may topple the Jenga tower of esms,esps, and esls I've meticulously placed in my load order.

It should be mostly compatible with existing mods. It was discussed in the DD Development thread. There are API hooks that are getting deprecated, but they are still there for now. Some leftover code from 3.x is gone now, but if you updated it all for 4.x, it should be ok. there may be issues when 5.1 comes out if it turns out you are using a deprecated API, because the deprecated code will be removed then, iirc.

What seemed to cause the most compatibility issues (with shout like a virgin) is that the animation filter can no longer be disabled. However, due to the reports on the animation filter, it is much improved now. If animations aren't called/hooked/whatever directly by a dependent mod, I think it should pretty much just work. If you are doing stuff with animations, I'd read through the last 5-10? pages of the DD development thread. I don't understand it all, and there are new hooks to use.

Since it turns out i've made some copy/paste errors, and unp had stuff done in 4.3 i wasn't aware of, you may want to wait a month or so anyway. Once this first spat of bug reports calms down and i've got them fixed, I'll get a new fomod over for kimy to upload officially. Nothing is too game breaking at this point, just annoyances from my point of view.

Hi, I installed Devious Parasites recently and got infected with the living armor.

Tried to get rid of it via MCM, but nothing happened after chosing the infect/cure option for it - in fact, nothing at all happened when I chose any of the options.

I resorted to making a save without the mod to get rid of it.

Is there any known cause for this?

I was also wondering if it was possible to change the living armor in a way, so that it actually can be hidden beneath clothes - I can understand why wearing armor together with it shouldn't be possible, but I'd prefer having clothes on, if only to reduce the "nude" comments from the citizens. Having a naughty surprise below the clothes sounds also more appealing to me than running around butt naked all the time.

hello everyone, i'm glad that everyone is enjoying the mod except for me (dying inside), i'm not sure if the mod is working correctly for me which i am leaning towards it is not, i tried the mod since morning and it literally took me the whole day to make it work so i gave up and i came here here seeking for help, when i get enslaved, my character is fully naked, no collar, no arm binding, nothing at all, and i only get 3 options when i chose "how can i serve you" option, either change my look, entertain me and leave me alone which i assume it's because i am only slave level 1, and when i choose "do you want me to entertain you" the owner only responds to no, and when i chose "how can i work for you" they tell me to get on my knees and serve others for gold, i can't initiate sex actions with others because there is no option for it, i can't initiate sex with my owner to advance my slave level past level 1 cuz the answer is always "no, not at the moment" when i try to entertain, the dance spell doesn't make me dance, so the mod is completely broken for me and i am trying to fix it and it's really bugging me (get it? bugging me? as the mod is bugged for me? no? okay moving on) i installed both the recourses and the SD+ files, i have all of the devious devices, i have zaz and i have the sexlab dialogues, so please can anyone help me? oh and i built the devices in bodyslide 

ETA: never mind, my high ass wasn't signed in. I'm an idiot lmao

I'm not sure if it's just me/a problem on my end, but none of the file links are working? Every single one of them says unavailable, and when I try to click through I get an error code. I've already disabled my ad blocker and tried it on a different browser with no luck. :(

On 12/1/2020 at 8:33 PM, zarantha said:

What seemed to cause the most compatibility issues (with shout like a virgin) is that the animation filter can no longer be disabled. However, due to the reports on the animation filter, it is much improved now.

If you are interested to know in detail the problems the DD Filter causes, I've documented it HERE. There's not much difference between DD4 and DD5. The main difference is what I've described as "mode 3" in that link, but from a backwards compatibility point of view, old mods use the default "mode 1".

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

If you are interested to know in detail the problems the DD Filter causes, I've documented it HERE. There's not much difference between DD4 and DD5. The main difference is what I've described as "mode 3" in that link, but from a backwards compatibility point of view, old mods use the default "mode 1".

Hold on a minute... if I understand correctly:

- DD5 introduces a filter that is always on 

- That filter can disrupt/break non DD related mods

- DD removed the option to turn off that filter from MCM

Did I get that right?

That seems rather intrusive.

I didn't read the rest of your posts in details yet.

Do you think there is a possibility for other mods like SD+ to add their own 'Turn off that DD5 filter' in their own MCM menu?