Inside some dungeons the NPCs will just become friendly and you can't loot etc, they won't teleport the player to a cage or equip devices, you can just walk off. But if I surrender right outside (e.g. Faldar's tooth fort) they will teleport me back inside and in to a cage.

2 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Just try to avoid mod bloat.  You won't be able to accommodate everyone's wishes - just saying.

Mod bloat?

Really?

Of all the things to worry about at this point, that would be way down the list.

There is only one mod with bloat worth mentioning on LL that I can think of, and it took years to reach that point.

Sure, it's good to have a focus. I think the focus is pretty clear for this mod; it's a combat defeat mod.

Now, one almost bloated mod that isn't from LL is DA... And it's a combat defeat mod.

If you have as many defeat scenarios and toggle boxes for twiddling how bleedout works as DA, then maybe you need to worry, but even DA is not at the point where it's trying to be seven different mods and the MCM is fit to burst.

If you have the complicated NPC handling of Defeat, along with player defeat scenarios, like SexLab Defeat, they maybe you're getting big, but even Defeat is far from bloated.

If there's one thing a mod needs to worry about early on, it's getting rid of bugs.

If you don't slow down on features and stamp the bugs early, you'll end up in a tar pit later.

Not that I'm saying that bugs are a problem right now, but if they do show up ... 

i cant get this mod to work using Skyrim SE even after i converted the esp the problem i have is that after surrendering all the bandits gather around and then there is 1 rape and then maybe a blackout and then nothing at all no trauma no additional rape nothing and this mod is a little pointless without the trauma working any ideas?

17 hours ago, belize1013 said:

Not quite sure why but this mod does not work for me at all. Doesn't appear in MCM on save games or new games, game doesn't even seem to recognize it as a mod.

I couldn't get it to work either. No MCM at all, nothing. Some of the earlier posts here say that Devious Devices might be needed, even though it's not listed as a requirement. I just haven't bothered to see if that makes it work. I might. Or I might wait to see if the mod gets updated. 

33 minutes ago, JustMe469 said:

I couldn't get it to work either. No MCM at all, nothing. Some of the earlier posts here say that Devious Devices might be needed, even though it's not listed as a requirement. I just haven't bothered to see if that makes it work. I might. Or I might wait to see if the mod gets updated. 

I suppose I can and let you know, I dislike that whole thing, not my thing but if it makes it work at least know what the problem is

4 hours ago, Felecia_Runlikeagirl said:

agree , this mod is broken. npcs are friendly and i can not loot.

That is how works now,one npc (captor) is following you all the time and you have to leave the area to be able to loot and use your hands.That is somehow annoying if you have to spend 5 min running to the exit,and some places you can't leave,so you have to reload a save.

If you surrender but at the same time your captor dies,either by you,a random npc showing up or natural causes you better reload a save,because that's a bugged situation.

And if you surrender in wilderness and your captors leave (some imperial patrol,for example) you get stuck there forever (in my experience) and have to reload again.

Or again in wilderness,defeated by some wolfs,I had to run away a lot to be escape,and sometimes had to reload again.

About MCM problems.

It's better to start a new game,if that is not an option,or even doing that is not showing try to disable like 10-20 mods (specially those that have a MCM menu) and start a new game.Now it will show up (at least in my case worked) then enable all disabled mods and try again a new game or load the save you want to use and with a little luck it will still be there.

I really like this mod,just needs some fixes and the FIRST priority is a debug\reset\panic button option to recover player control. 

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, matekun said:

If you surrender but at the same time your captor dies,either by you,a random npc showing up or natural causes you better reload a save,because that's a bugged

Some of the problem NPCs can be detected with simple faction checks and excluded as captors.

I don't know what the design is for cases where no captor is available, but surely this has been considered?

You would hope that in future, cases where you are not in the same cell as the captor for more than a few seconds, or the captor isn't loaded, or the captor has no 3D, or the captor is dead, then you should be released, or at least get another captor - as all these things are pretty trivial to detect.

Does it support only 1 follower so far? I tested with two followers, and only one of them is getting in on all the fun.

Tested it in an outdoor area, for some strange reason DD didn't get apply until PC sort of ran away already, and then one of the aggressor pretty much teleport/sprint next to PC.

A defeat replacer with kidnapping/enslavement which doesn't make me use BDSM mods? Sign me up! 

Having the same problem as others in the thread with the MCM not showing up but I'm sure you'll figure it out. 

I remember when monoman was doing SLSurvival a while back he found soft dependencies to be a real problem with getting the mod to work properly. 

Good luck!

Edit: I also don't run any of the devious devices mods which sounds like it may be the issue.

I know that this project is still pretty young but I thought I'd make a suggestion.  Don't know if it's possible, but I think it would be interesting if along the same veins of getting addicted to tentacle sex there'd be a way to getting addicted to creature/animal sex.  Not exactly sure how it'd work, but may something along the lines where if your addiction were high enough you'd just auto surrender to creatures.  It's something I've been hoping for awhile, and it seems like this mod might be the closest we've had to being able to do it.  Just a thought.  

19 hours ago, Kira shadowstep said:

I remember when monoman was doing SLSurvival a while back he found soft dependencies to be a real problem with getting the mod to work properly. 

Most people who have trouble with their softdeps are not checking for the existence of an ESP before trying to load form items and then type convert them.

The scripts that have the type conversion in reference scripts for mods that may not exist.

But it's possible for scripts to exist without an ESP, and this can have horrible effects.

Also, in some cases their is a chain of script loading that loads scripts before the owning ESP has loaded them. This is the worst.

When this happens, the script is loaded without a valid VMAD, and is totally fubar.

When the ESP that depends on the script tries to load it, the script is already loaded, and already broken. It's all too late. The mod that owns the script is hosed.

This sort of problem shows up most when you have a softdep to a mod from multiple mods.

If you look at (say) DCL, it checks the existence of a mod's ESP before calling a global that handles access to the mod.

This way is safe, because the script that references the foreign scripts isn't called (or loaded) unless the required ESP is present.

Referencing another mod in your OnLoad or OnInit is a bad pattern. It's unlikely you'll hit an unloaded ESP if you check in your OnUpdate, but OnLoad or OnInit are different matters.

It gets hard to keep this straight sometimes.

Pushing the mod with all the softdep use to late in the LO can mask this problem.

I can confirm that after installing devious devices/assets/expansion it now appears in MCM it seems that it's mandatory.

I installed: Devious Devices - Assets/Devious Devices - Expansion/Devious Devices - Integration and it now appears in the MCM, it is strange it doesn't list them as a requirment, I don't like using these as I stated but hopefully there are options to just not use the content in these mods and only requires the mod itself installed

On 2/5/2019 at 4:42 AM, Lupine00 said:

Some of the problem NPCs can be detected with simple faction checks and excluded as captors.

I don't know what the design is for cases where no captor is available, but surely this has been considered?

You would hope that in future, cases where you are not in the same cell as the captor for more than a few seconds, or the captor isn't loaded, or the captor has no 3D, or the captor is dead, then you should be released, or at least get another captor - as all these things are pretty trivial to detect.

All of these checks are already in the mod. If there isn't an actor in a specific faction in the loaded area that isn't dead, then the defeat quest simply won't start.

Currently, there are two ways I've seen that can cause the defeat system to bug:

1) The captor(s) were instantly killed out of combat after the player has already surrendered, leaving the player captured by no-one.

2) The captor(s) immediately went into combat after the player has surrendered, and the quest shuts down too quickly, bugging out, leaving the player still in the faction, and with the no-looting effect still applied.

I'll tweak some things that should take care of this.

I should also note this; There are only two ways to escape capture:

1) You change location, ie escape the dungeon, or make it to civilization

2) Your captors are attacked by something, possibly you

If you kill your captors one-by-one without causing them to go into combat, then you will still be considered captured until you change location. I'll address this as well, so that once all captors are killed, the quest should end.

11 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If you look at (say) DCL, it checks the existence of a mod's ESP before calling a global that handles access to the mod.

This way is safe, because the script that references the foreign scripts isn't called (or loaded) unless the required ESP is present.

Thankfully, that's what I do.

For those having issues with the MCM.

I have not been able to replicate this bug, and I need more information than "It doesn't work!"

If you have this bug, please look through your papyrus logs for scripts starting with "_DiD_"

Also, type into the console

sqv _DiD_MCM

and post what shows up.

I have the issue where the mod is not showing up in the MCM.  I typed in sqv _DiD_MCM in the console like you asked and this is what shows up.  

---Papyrus-----------------------------------------
_DiD_McMScript:
        Script state= ""
        No variables
No papyrus scripts attached
- 1 Aliases for quest '_DiD_MCM' (D001C2d6)-
REF 'Player'-> (00000014)
---Quest State-------------------------------------
Enabled?                  Yes
State:                        Running
Current stage:0
Priority:           0

31 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

The captor(s) were instantly killed out of combat after the player has already surrendered, leaving the player captured by no-one.

What I implied with "the captor for more than a few seconds" was that you check the captor status on every update, so if you've surrendered to no one, the next update will pick it up - of if the captor despawns a few seconds after surrender - as happens with wolves sometimes - it's detected.

Or there's the "obvious" case (you see this in SD+ reasonably often - the captor is in combat with another NPC when you surrender, and that combat drags on, and on, and on, eventually leading to the death of the captor. 

The really protracted fights tend to be stuff like troll vs dragon, where the dragon spends most of its time flying about not killing the troll, and the troll can't hit the dragon.

I don't believe DBiD allows dragon captors, but does allow trolls.

In short, a captor can die or simply vanish, at any time, so regular checks would be the norm.

Presumably, they already are, so the bugs are bit puzzling.

39 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

Thankfully, that's what I do.

I brought this up because of the mention of Monoman, who wrote a post on his investigations into script loading.

He couldn't work out why he was getting the results he was from loading scripts in different orders. The underlying cause was the ESP not loaded problem I mentioned, but he didn't draw that conclusion. Just because the ESP exists doesn't mean that the script is properly loaded yet.

The real nasties occur when you depend on a mod that itself lacks proper handling of this, because you can't control that mod's broken behaviour, and it can manifest as very peculiar cross-mod interactions. That's when we see "mysterious" behaviour, like adding in a completely unrelated mod appearing to fix the problem, or adding a soft dep of a mod you soft dep on, causing a problem in your mod.

The classic example of this was SD+ doing mysterious things if it wasn't loaded last in the LO, or started after the game was already established. Though part of that is that its ESP is vulnerable to overwrites from 3DNPC etc, the other part is that it likely had (at some point in time) soft deps that could get run from an OnLoad or OnInit, but could just as well have been caused by DA having a soft-dep on it.

If you have OnInit code, then only adding the mod into the game later pretty much ensures you mask this kind of problem, because the mods you depend on already have existing script instances with loaded VMAD data, and of course, if you're adding on, you're going to be last in the LO too.

5 hours ago, LinksSword said:

Is it only the events in this mod that cause the trama effect? it would be cool to link it to just any rape animations.

I'm fairly certain it's just the mod events now, though there might be exceptions due to mods I don't use. I didn't look too hard at the code, but instinct tells me that your request could potentially create a minefield of problems for Code Serpent. Now, that might not strictly be true for this mod, but it's objectively true of modding given the potential scope if included. I know I'd think twice, then think about it again, before considering such a change. :classic_smile:

5 hours ago, LinksSword said:

Is it only the events in this mod that cause the trama effect? it would be cool to link it to just any rape animations.

37 minutes ago, SkyAddiction said:

I'm fairly certain it's just the mod events now, though there might be exceptions due to mods I don't use. I didn't look too hard at the code, but instinct tells me that your request could potentially create a minefield of problems for Code Serpent. Now, that might not strictly be true for this mod, but it's objectively true of modding given the potential scope if included. I know I'd think twice, then think about it again, before considering such a change. :classic_smile:

I think I asked a similar question for another mod, and there is a bit of an issue.

IIRC (here's your salt bag) if a mod launches a sexlab scene it can more easily catch the end of it and do whatever it needs to do as  result.  Watching for the ending of any SL scene is harder and then figuring out what you need adds complexity to that.

Its one thing for the mod to start a scene, tag it non-con, and add trauma at the end, quite another to catch a scene ending, find out what happened based on the scene tags and such, hope the other mod started it correctly and then do something.

Could be all wrong though, since Sexlab Util can do all of that, so I dunno.   ... come to think of it, you could use Util to apply the trauma spell effect at sex end if you wanted.  Could be a work around for now, though the timing on the spell won't be the same.