Guest AthenaESIV
On 1/30/2019 at 11:34 AM, user9120975435 said:

This mod sounds amazing!

suggestions:

- tie-in with Sexual Fame mod, it would help greatly

I really like the idea of sexual fame, and how other mods could use it... But I've seen people say it is a terrible performance hog, and experienced it myself. I really wish there were a lightweight alternative to this mod that did half of what it did without all the cloaks and cell scans... It tries to do *way* too much.

15 hours ago, orgs1n said:

Honestly, I'd prefer the simple "captured and abused until escape" concept. Feature creep has wrecked many mods, and this one's in a very sweet spot now.

What I'm planning on is a few simple dialogue choices with captors, I'm not intending on making an extremely invasive slavery system.

The PC being allowed to keep her gear. If a prison cell can be coded in, then perhaps a treasure chest as well?

The way I utilize the prison cells is that they are marked by the vanilla game as "captive markers" for some of the radiant rescue missions the base game has. It's a big bonus in atmosphere, but it didn't require that much coding. Adding a place to store the player's gear would be a bit more intensive. I could always use boss chests that are marked in the base game, or the person that you surrendered too, but if you escape before recovering your gear, there's a chance for you to permanently lose it, and I really dislike mods have that.

I might add a robbery system at some point, but I feel incapacitating the player is enough for the moment.

Is there a reason for the surrender thresholds to be fixed numbers, instead of percentages? "25 health" is meaningful at level 1, but would need continual adjustment when mobs start hitting for 50+

I did do this intentionally, so that I wouldn't have to keep lowering a percentage value as my character got better. As my character improves, they should be defeated less. Since my character's health/magicka/stamina values increase as she progresses, a set threshold ensures that.

How do you see the food/needs situation during imprisonment? Do you expect the PC to leave her cell and scour the dungeon for food? What if she has a gag in her that blocks food?

I wasn't entirely sure how to approach this when I was developing the mod, and sort of forgot about it before I released it. I think I'll try to add a sort of force-feeding system with captures. Perhaps having animal/creatures forcing the character to become a cannibal, adding another layer of twisted onto this.

Support for SD cages.

As, I said, I simply look for places marked as "CaptiveMarkers". So, if the maker of SD cages adds a maker with the "CaptiveMarker" LocRefType, then this mod should pick them up without need for a patch.

There was an occasional hostile voice effect, typical for bandits, like "You don't get out of here alive!", though there was no hostility.

This was intentional. I wanted there to be some banter for captors while the player was being used as a three-hole bucket, but I didn't want to use un-voiced lines. I found that the taunts used in combat worked fairly well. Someone yelling "You'll be in pieces when I'm done!" while you're being gang-banged does make it much more threatening.

10 hours ago, Ashra XIII said:

I couldn't ever get automatic surrender to work, as the bandits would always just kill me. My character was low level, but I had all the settings maxed out so theoretically, she should be able to surrender at any time. I don't know what the specific chance is for surrender when conditions are met, but it never happened for me.

9 hours ago, Stuker said:

Auto surrender doesn't work at all. I get killed all the time.

8 hours ago, Stuker said:

I might have found the culprit why auto surrender wasn't working for me. BWitch! Turning off the Pain Slut perk did it finally. My PC auto surrendered for the first time! Can someone with BWitch installed confirm?

Edit:

Nevermind. It wasn't BWitch. It seems it was just a coincidence. I guess there's a script lag going on in my game. I usually don't have problems with them so I don't know what to do else.

I think there's some confusion on how Auto-Surrender works. Your character is not guaranteed to surrender as soon as your health/magicka/stamina dips slightly below those thresholds. Instead, every few seconds, there's a chance for your character to put up their hands if they are too injured and exhausted.

I'll adjust the system so that there's two sets of thresholds: one where you enter a chance of surrendering, and another where you are guaranteed to surrender.

45 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

I think there's some confusion on how Auto-Surrender works. Your character is not guaranteed to surrender as soon as your health/magicka/stamina dips slightly below those thresholds. Instead, every few seconds, there's a chance for your character to put up their hands if they are too injured and exhausted.

I'll adjust the system so that there's two sets of thresholds: one where you enter a chance of surrendering, and another where you are guaranteed to surrender.

thanks could u also include code to make player essential that way we could skip reloading screens due to death.

59 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

This is what I was thinking, because it says there's a chance, but doesn't specify what the chance is or how frequently it can happen. I think that was the source of confusion for a lot of us, so adding threshold sliders would definitely help! Thanks!

I see others agree that this needs the health/stamina/magicka threshold to be a percentage instead of a fixed amount. I understand that you want it to stay a fixed amount, I would suggest making it an MCM option, at least. Also, I wouldn't recommend linking this to Death Alternative as someone else recommended unless you also make it an soft requirement as my experience with Death Alternative has involved many CTD events that were linked to it. This mod has the potential to surpass the great "Sexlab - Defeat" mod since it already appears more stable than it was, but those features and bug fixes I listed in my previous two posts are much needed first. Thank you.

23 minutes ago, NigDickRick said:

Yes I have a skse, fnis and all the other basic tools needed for mods to work, im just wondering if this needs something else to make it work besides sl, and sla, thanks

use console and type ski_configmanagerinstance 1

but imo, if u started a new game mcm will load, post load order, btw i think u need device devices too, tho there's no mentioned about pre-req mods.

4 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

but imo, if u started a new game mcm will load, post load order, btw i think u need device devices too, tho there's no mentioned about pre-req mods.

Well, I tried clear save, but still no. Btw, utopium's utilities see unnamed slot in MCM. 

I aked the creator from the "spank that ass" mod which conflcits for me with the NEWEST DiD version. i think it could be it, i have more mods which conflicts with DiD...if i find them i try to name them here.

Monoman1 answer:

Let me guess. You don't run devious devices? And DTMT you probably do run devious devices? In which case it's probably that both mods have a soft dependency to DD. Which causes all sorts of problems if that dependency is not installed. Next version of STA will probably be an FoMod with proper soft dependency. 

So for now you'll either have to do without one and wait for an update or install devious devices. 

22 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

You're probably better off having a "Set Essential" option, as I don't think too many people spend a lot of time fine-tuning combat. With a simple threshold system, I would expect a lot of users to simply end up dead and continuing to scratch their head as to why their PC didn't surrender. I've spent quite a bit of time fixing combat for a low-level PC so I didn't have too much trouble getting surrender to work as you have it now, but I strongly suspect I'm in a tiny minority there.

It's a very simple, yet consequence-heavy mod, and an infinitely better solution than current standards such as Defeat or SD+ for players who simply want combat defeat to be a catastrophic outcome, but I really don't see a threshold option being better than an essential player option in any way short of interfering with core mechanics.

While I'm at it, drinking alcohol instead of water with a needs mod in play causing addiction isn't the only unintended consequence; DCL's masturbation trap outcomes cause sex addiction. That's fairly believable since the PC is under the influence of some kind of substance, but it's an obvious snowball event. I would think it better and much more manageable to simply restrict all DiD addiction events to DiD-driven actions.

Edit: Ignore the last bit. That was an extremely quick update.

8 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

What I'm planning on is a few simple dialogue choices with captors, I'm not intending on making an extremely invasive slavery system.

Less is more!

The way I utilize the prison cells is that they are marked by the vanilla game as "captive markers" for some of the radiant rescue missions the base game has. It's a big bonus in atmosphere, but it didn't require that much coding.

As, I said, I simply look for places marked as "CaptiveMarkers". So, if the maker of SD cages adds a maker with the "CaptiveMarker" LocRefType, then this mod should pick them up without need for a patch.

Thanks for that insight ! I tried it, with partial success. My test was in Redoran's Retreat, with SD Cages installed. In the reference test, DiD got the PC tied up somewhere in the middle of the cave, as expected. Then I added this CaptiveMarker to the SD Cage present there.

Spoiler

47934113_sdcage.JPG.5aa595e0b2f1391dcffc19ab8a3938a8.JPG

When DiD triggered, the PC was indeed transported... to right in front the cage, instead of inside the cage. :)

Spoiler

enb2019_2_2_11_10_07.jpg.8e5e4c86a021d280dc9a68fe981b7a5e.jpg

I youtubed a few creation kit videos, but can't discern anything on the ground there. Do you have there some additional tips for this, or shall I take this up with @Inte, SD Cages' author?

Spoiler

ck.JPG.f39373c7d7f8a58534a8cc653e8ae008.JPG

Adding a place to store the player's gear would be a bit more intensive. I could always use boss chests that are marked in the base game, or the person that you surrendered too, but if you escape before recovering your gear, there's a chance for you to permanently lose it, and I really dislike mods have that.

I might add a robbery system at some point, but I feel incapacitating the player is enough for the moment.

Fair enough.

I did do this intentionally, so that I wouldn't have to keep lowering a percentage value as my character got better. As my character improves, they should be defeated less. Since my character's health/magicka/stamina values increase as she progresses, a set threshold ensures that.

I see your approach. Mine's a bit different: I try to maintain the challenge itself as level as possible (as opposed to "fixed encounter zones"), since I feel this was Bethesda's intent, and adjust my PC to certain to milestones. For instance, when she absorbs her first dragon soul, she might receive a modest buff. On her 5th and 10th dragon, or when killing Miraak, she'd get stronger buffs, thus slowly rising rise above the "leveled" challenges.

Anyway, your mod has *a* way of adjusting the challenge and that's what matters.

I wasn't entirely sure how to approach this when I was developing the mod, and sort of forgot about it before I released it. I think I'll try to add a sort of force-feeding system with captures. Perhaps having animal/creatures forcing the character to become a cannibal, adding another layer of twisted onto this.

Sounds awesome!

This was intentional. I wanted there to be some banter for captors while the player was being used as a three-hole bucket, but I didn't want to use un-voiced lines. I found that the taunts used in combat worked fairly well. Someone yelling "You'll be in pieces when I'm done!" while you're being gang-banged does make it much more threatening.

I looked at it like this during my test run, and it is indeed a nice touch!

Until now, Naked Dungeons, a great mod, had been my go-to for a "defeat" handler because of its rock-solid death prevention and fun Zaz scenes, but it added a lot of fair amount of bloat (trapped dungeons, cum inflation, nakedness handling, armor destruction, disguise...) while it lacked some real consequences to defeat: getting out of the bindings is trivial in ND, and there was no trauma handling at all. DiD seems a much closer match for my desired playstyle.

Your mod just gets it right in the little details: bandit speech lines, the right types of bindings, proper AI (a long initial gang bang, then the occasionally returning single or duo of captors)... All this and super stable. Excellent work!

33 minutes ago, C0R3G4M3R said:

I aked the creator from the "spank that ass" mod which conflcits for me with the NEWEST DiD version. i think it could be it, i have more mods which conflicts with DiD...if i find them i try to name them here.

Monoman1 answer:

Let me guess. You don't run devious devices? And DTMT you probably do run devious devices? In which case it's probably that both mods have a soft dependency to DD. Which causes all sorts of problems if that dependency is not installed. Next version of STA will probably be an FoMod with proper soft dependency. 

So for now you'll either have to do without one and wait for an update or install devious devices. 

Estrus Chaurus+ conflicts too (without DD, i guess)

SLAdventures

i think its really cos i dont have DD installed till yet all mods has DD as soft dependency...

1 hour ago, Whizkid said:

Ill try it thanks, I have devious devices but i disabled it because they appear invisible and I dont know what causes that or how to fix it but ill see, I also did try a new game and it still wouldnt load so it could be that dd isnt enabled