Hi all. I am using Beta 108 and am having issues with no animations playing. I have tried starting a new game with debug on and i dont see any error messages. I also noticed that i cant open the wizard window to try to play animations. When i hit Home the first window appears but when then hit enter, the weird little circular animation plays around the small window (sorry i dont know what that one is called) but the larger window which should allow me to select actors and play animations does not display. Anyone tell me what i might have done wrong? I have the latest LLPF, and have checked that i have themes and animations installed. Without an error showing on the debug window, i am at a loss here. 

On 12/16/2019 at 6:45 PM, Teddar said:

Hi all. I am using Beta 108 and am having issues with no animations playing. I have tried starting a new game with debug on and i dont see any error messages. I also noticed that i cant open the wizard window to try to play animations. When i hit Home the first window appears but when then hit enter, the weird little circular animation plays around the small window (sorry i dont know what that one is called) but the larger window which should allow me to select actors and play animations does not display. Anyone tell me what i might have done wrong? I have the latest LLPF, and have checked that i have themes and animations installed. Without an error showing on the debug window, i am at a loss here. 

Having the exact same issue here, upgraded from FO4 160 to 163 and AAF hasn't worked since. Feels like it's related to AAF since the other mods I upgraded kept working fine, but I can't be bothered to downgrade everything to test that hypothesis right now, seeing as I just spent quite some time enabling/disabling mods, starting new games, etc, and nothing has worked so far.

3 hours ago, Skabbe said:

Having the exact same issue here, upgraded from FO4 160 to 163 and AAF hasn't worked since. Feels like it's related to AAF since the other mods I upgraded kept working fine, but I can't be bothered to downgrade everything to test that hypothesis right now, seeing as I just spent quite some time enabling/disabling mods, starting new games, etc, and nothing has worked so far.

Open aaf administrator mode and look for errors

Hey guys im experiencing two issues.

So this started to happen only recently, everything was working fine until one time i booted up the game and suddenly not able to see my own PC actor in the AAF wizard when choosing actors to start a scene.

And then as soon as i noticed this issue i noticed another one come up (probably related) which was whenever i try to initiate an AAF scene (npc-npc) using the wizard it gets stuck on "scanning" then when i check the AAF admin page i see the error "aaf error :actor id "20" not found".

anyone has a suggestion/fix for this?

any help is appreciated!

So I installed AAF with MO2 but it isn't loading it when I start a new game. 

I noticed that all the mod files I have downloaded and installed with MO2 are not in the Fallout 4 Data folder (Like usual) but inside of MO2's own custom path. Does this have anything to do with it or is this how MO2 is supposed to be?

Edit Ok so I found out that it is how MO2 works with virtual folders or whatnot, still doesn't explain why AAF isn't working at all. I'm not even getting an error message. I start a new game and nothing. I see another test mod I installed load and looksmenu seems to work but AAF isn't giving me any prompts like its supposed to when its loaded up.

Edit 2 : NVM I solved it. If anyone wants to know it was just the fact that MO2 has its own ini files that I didn't edit properly yet.

Having trouble with AAF initiating before the extension mods, tried removing the keyword from npc and player but when I try any dialogue it goes through it but no animation plays then sets both as actor busy.  The top two lines pop up whenever I try to start any animation.  Tried updating AAF and using a different version and f4se but it didn't fix it.

20191230150726_1.jpg

On 12/25/2019 at 4:04 PM, VNLXV said:

Edit 2 : NVM I solved it. If anyone wants to know it was just the fact that MO2 has its own ini files that I didn't edit properly yet.

I got the same problem as you, what was the editing part that was missing ?

Edit : So i didnt know what to edit but you were right i had specific setting with mo2 and i used the global setting and AAF initialize, still dont really know what i needed to do but thank you for your post

33 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

I got the same problem as you, what was the editing part that was missing ?

Edit : So i didnt know what to edit but you were right i had specific setting with mo2 and i used the global setting and AAF initialize, still dont really know what i needed to do but thank you for your post

Not sure if this helps. you need 2min 45sec:

6 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

Not sure if this helps. you need 2min 45sec:

Thanks i watched the video to see if i had forgotten something but i wanted to know what he modified in the ini files that i didnt do

Anyway it works now with the global settings so ill stick with that

Now i am installing the bodies for AAF

So for the most part I got AAF running great, but every once in a while I will trigger a scene and no animation sequence plays. I know there was a call because the post scene stuff happens (infamy increase, lust decrease) I am currently running MCG along with RSE II, Family Planning, and Raider Pet. I was using SexAttributes and Sexual Harrasment before but uninstalled both to try out MCG. Before MCG I was seeing the problem when enslaved by raiders, but now I see it from time to time when engaging in MCG scenes.

It's more than likely related to MCG, but I was just curious if this was a known issue and had a solution in AAF before I started messing with stuff.

11 hours ago, Asariphile said:

So for the most part I got AAF running great, but every once in a while I will trigger a scene and no animation sequence plays. I know there was a call because the post scene stuff happens (infamy increase, lust decrease) I am currently running MCG along with RSE II, Family Planning, and Raider Pet. I was using SexAttributes and Sexual Harrasment before but uninstalled both to try out MCG. Before MCG I was seeing the problem when enslaved by raiders, but now I see it from time to time when engaging in MCG scenes.

It's more than likely related to MCG, but I was just curious if this was a known issue and had a solution in AAF before I started messing with stuff.

When this happens open aaf admin mode and see errors

So my aaf works kinda, I can trigger animations and use mcg to start scenes but while in them I cant use page up or page down but I can use ctrl to change, I cannot acess the animation wizard at all with enter it just does the loading symbol then nothing any help would be appreciated 

On 5/20/2019 at 9:19 AM, Highborn said:

I'm having an issue with AAF running along with Unique Player Framework, which gives the player unique directory for body meshes and textures. Both used to work fine, but since I started a new FO4 build, when my character starts a sex scene with AAF, her naked body is replaced with the bodyslide preset I'm using for NPCs. After sex, her naked body goes back to the custom bodyslide preset I gave to her.

What could be causing this? I don't think AAF should unequip/equip bodies when you enter the sex scene.

I am now having this exact same issue after updating AAF to 110b, adding Patch for animations (SquirtCum Effects, cumtattoo overlays, stages, fixes) 4.2 and removing unique NPCs. Prior to making mod changes AAF was playing nice with unique player but now my female character keeps swapping to the standard CBBE texture I have installed during sex and changing back to the unique player texture (which is a CBBE tattooed skin).

I understand AAF makes a copy of the player for the animations (from what I have read in these forums) which is where I think this is going wrong and I was lucky before that it was working. Is anyone able to explain how the copy process works and is it reliant on fixed paths to textures and meshes. This might  help me work out if I have got load/mod order issues or I have to ditch Unique Player.

Thanks

1 hour ago, fredfunk said:

I am now having this exact same issue after updating AAF to 110b, adding Patch for animations (SquirtCum Effects, cumtattoo overlays, stages, fixes) 4.2 and removing unique NPCs. Prior to making mod changes AAF was playing nice with unique player but now my female character keeps swapping to the standard CBBE texture I have installed during sex and changing back to the unique player texture (which is a CBBE tattooed skin).

I understand AAF makes a copy of the player for the animations (from what I have read in these forums) which is where I think this is going wrong and I was lucky before that it was working. Is anyone able to explain how the copy process works and is it reliant on fixed paths to textures and meshes. This might  help me work out if I have got load/mod order issues or I have to ditch Unique Player.

Thanks

Unique Player creates A separate Folder for the player to store textures and morphs for the unique player and AAF can not read this folder. So when AAF makes a clone of the player it is based on the Default one. This is why your custom textures for you unique player are not showing up in AAF scene's. hope this helps

7 hours ago, mashup47 said:

Unique Player creates A separate Folder for the player to store textures and morphs for the unique player and AAF can not read this folder. So when AAF makes a clone of the player it is based on the Default one. This is why your custom textures for you unique player are not showing up in AAF scene's. hope this helps

I could understand that if it weren't for the fact that prior to me messing around with my mods it was actually working with my unique player textures during animation scenes and those textures are not the default that all NPC's have. I am just curious to know how the cloning works which might shed some light on why it was working previously or it was pure dumb luck based on the various Unique NPC and LMCC patches I had running before I removed Unique NPC's. I can use FO4 Edit (and using MO2) but unfortunately I don't have enough skills to look under the hood myself to see whats going on.

1 hour ago, fredfunk said:

I could understand that if it weren't for the fact that prior to me messing around with my mods it was actually working with my unique player textures during animation scenes and those textures are not the default that all NPC's have. I am just curious to know how the cloning works which might shed some light on why it was working previously or it was pure dumb luck based on the various Unique NPC and LMCC patches I had running before I removed Unique NPC's. I can use FO4 Edit (and using MO2) but unfortunately I don't have enough skills to look under the hood myself to see whats going on.

For the best answer for your question I would ask the author of AAF   @dagobaking. or on the AAF discord channel. 

7 hours ago, fredfunk said:

To create a clone of the player character AAF includes a blank Actor form in its esp that uses the player character template. That character template results in a new character but with the same custom face features you make during character creation.

Then, AAF copies other customizations that can happen during the game. Namely: clothes/equipment, overlays, morphs, mfg/expressions and facelight.

During that process and others within AAF it assumes that the player character is the Actor with form ID 20.

I have no knowledge about the inner workings of the Unique Player mod. So, I couldn't speak to whether or not it can work through the above process. But, maybe that information can help you find out. My hunch is that in order to accomplish a unique PC, it would probably need to break some part of that process. I am not sure.

47 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

To create a clone of the player character AAF includes a blank Actor form in its esp that uses the player character template. That character template results in a new character but with the same custom face features you make during character creation.

Then, AAF copies other customizations that can happen during the game. Namely: clothes/equipment, overlays, morphs, mfg/expressions and facelight.

During that process and others within AAF it assumes that the player character is the Actor with form ID 20.

I have no knowledge about the inner workings of the Unique Player mod. So, I couldn't speak to whether or not it can work through the above process. But, maybe that information can help you find out. My hunch is that in order to accomplish a unique PC, it would probably need to break some part of that process. I am not sure.

Thanks for the reply dagobaking. From what I can see all Unique Player does is redirect the body meshes and textures for the player character to another folder via the esp so they are separate to the default paths. When you build the body meshes and any textures you have to copy them across to the folder structure set up by the mod. In my case I was using a tattoo mod that was constructed specifically to use with Unique Player. I suspect there was some sort of interaction between Unique NPC's and the various compatibility patches for it with Looks Menu Customization Companion as I lost a whole bunch of customization in looks menu which I had been using when I removed Unique NPC's. Anyway I have pulled Unique Player out of my mod list as I want to play the game rather than constantly modding, trouble shooting and restarting when it breaks. Took me 3 long years to finish Skyrim doing that malarky :)

I'm just thinking this through blindly. So, I could be off. But, it seems like re-pathing the textures, etc. to another folder would not work with AAF because it would only be applying that change to the main character form. The separate, custom form that AAF uses then wouldn't have that Unique Player texture-path customization.

If that is the issue, the Unique Player mod could address it with an over-write patch that applies the same change to the custom form in the AAF esm.

Hi everyone!

AAF works fine, but I have this weird thing going on where when an animation play, no matter what triggers it, my character keep a vault suit on while every other actor is naked as excepted. I don't have it in my inventory and when i check the AAF inventory manager it doesn't appear. I don't have Unique player or any mod similar installed, neither do i have any mod modifying the vault suit. That's not a major problem since everything works fine anyway, but it's pretty immersion breaking.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help! Have a nice day!

8 hours ago, konar said:

Hi everyone!

AAF works fine, but I have this weird thing going on where when an animation play, no matter what triggers it, my character keep a vault suit on while every other actor is naked as excepted. I don't have it in my inventory and when i check the AAF inventory manager it doesn't appear. I don't have Unique player or any mod similar installed, neither do i have any mod modifying the vault suit. That's not a major problem since everything works fine anyway, but it's pretty immersion breaking.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help! Have a nice day!

Try disable some group of mods and check if it fix issue

Hey guys. I've got a problem with AAF. As soon as i load the game with these (Slave and Model Poses) animations pack - AAF seize to work. I press "Home", then "Enter", the dots start to circle around the "AAF" and then nothing happens.

As far as i know - it should work just fine, since "Raider Pet" uses at least one animation from that pack. What am i doing wrong?