I have a problem with "Unjoining..."

basically after sex, it says exiting... then it freezes on Unjoining...

and AAF is unusable because of this.

this is an ongoing problem for me, I had it for a while. (no idea when it started, to be honest I don't really use sex mods that often nowadays)

I believe I get CTD when I try different methods for sex (sex em up)

just wondering if anyone has a quick fix for me

also early today, I decide to start again with the AAF Files and AAF menu doesn't open anymore, so I am going with what is somewhat working (I backed up the AAF files before it)

20200115092741_1.jpg

Edit-> I am having an really painful experience trying to fix these bloody problems

Additional Edit-> turns out to be AAF_STATS & the themes

On 1/12/2020 at 4:33 PM, konar said:

Hi everyone!

AAF works fine, but I have this weird thing going on where when an animation play, no matter what triggers it, my character keep a vault suit on while every other actor is naked as excepted. I don't have it in my inventory and when i check the AAF inventory manager it doesn't appear. I don't have Unique player or any mod similar installed, neither do i have any mod modifying the vault suit. That's not a major problem since everything works fine anyway, but it's pretty immersion breaking.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help! Have a nice day!

I've had this exact same problem for the past day or two. Just spent several hours uninstalling and reinstalling individual animation packs, one by one, to see if it was those (it was not). Also uninstalled every other mod installed in past couple days to no avail. Tried re-downloading and reinstalling everything back to AAF itself, and still having this same issue (I was a big Skyrim modder as well, so used to problem solving these kinds of issues). As with you, animations are otherwise working perfectly, and the appearance of the vault suit on the PC appears to be random (i.e.,  not related to specific animation). Any thoughts on this would be great, as there are probably others with this exact issue since we have two folks now with it. Thanks in advance!     

AAF works, but the framework can be fragile as it does not take much to derail it. If you are using animation packs, more times than not, you will need some outdated patches to fix stuff. Patches like Indarello and One Patch do not play well together. Most of the animation packs are now updated beyond the various patches ability to fix them. EVB male body works different from Bodytalk and either one requires totally different handling. Best thing is to make sure your F4SE has been installed correctly(some mod managers can really ball up mod installs).. This is the most basic setup..Farell, Vader, Leitos, Bodytalk 2.75, One Patch to Bang Them All...............Savage Cabbage, Atomic Lust, Mutated Lust, Creature Pack, Themes, One Patch Fix......BP70 above all...........If you use EVB for males ,I have no idea. If you use Indarello Squirt Mod, do not think about it till you get AAF working proper. Please note, any deletion or addition of any animation pack needs a reinstall of One Patch to Bang and One Patch Fix or stuff will break..Stop trying to cram every mod that is sex oriented into your load order without having your AAF work right. Stop crying about stuff not working because you downloaded 200 mods without testing anything, reading anything, or editing everything. Do not touch files that were not meant to be changed because mods were made that way for a reason. If AAF works, ignore error messages because you will never get rid of them(most are false files) and are caused by outdated patches not being able to handle updated mods..Leave alone any mod that would change or add XML files (except One Patch and Fix Patch) because the wrong combo can totally confuse AAF...

8 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

AAF works, but the framework can be fragile as it does not take much to derail it. If you are using animation packs, more times than not, you will need some outdated patches to fix stuff. Patches like Indarello and One Patch do not play well together. Most of the animation packs are now updated beyond the various patches ability to fix them. EVB male body works different from Bodytalk and either one requires totally different handling. Best thing is to make sure your F4SE has been installed correctly(some mod managers can really ball up mod installs).. This is the most basic setup..Farell, Vader, Leitos, Bodytalk 2.75, One Patch to Bang Them All...............Savage Cabbage, Atomic Lust, Mutated Lust, Creature Pack, Themes, One Patch Fix......BP70 above all...........If you use EVB for males ,I have no idea. If you use Indarello Squirt Mod, do not think about it till you get AAF working proper. Please note, any deletion or addition of any animation pack needs a reinstall of One Patch to Bang and One Patch Fix or stuff will break..Stop trying to cram every mod that is sex oriented into your load order without having your AAF work right. Stop crying about stuff not working because you downloaded 200 mods without testing anything, reading anything, or editing everything. Do not touch files that were not meant to be changed because mods were made that way for a reason. If AAF works, ignore error messages because you will never get rid of them(most are false files) and are caused by outdated patches not being able to handle updated mods..Leave alone any mod that would change or add XML files (except One Patch and Fix Patch) because the wrong combo can totally confuse AAF...

Thanks for your reply. I had taken those steps yesterday, but went ahead and followed your outline exactly, including even reinstalling F4SE. I couldn't find the "one patch fix", but did find a "one patch to rule them all" over on nexus (I had the "one patch to bang them all" already). Unfortunately, no luck, I'm still getting random (but frequent) sudden appearance of the vault suit on the PC during animations. I even tried cycling through them with ctrl-up/down when the PC was naked, and eventually the vault suit would appear at the start of a new anim - even the NPC clothing would sometimes appear. I also completely agree with you about not touching files or mods, and not testing each mod individually (which I did over several hours last night). Also I don't have a large number of mods, and have verified each is the latest versions. 

As the other poster having the same issue mentioned, everything otherwise appears to be working, except for this random appearance of the vault suit on the PC during animations. Thanks again.

I often have the problem that actors stand up (usually the female position) when the player comes too close. Why does that happen? Is the NPC trying to react to the player during the animation? They stay staying and don't go back to their animated position.

So I've just started having the vault suit appear in the last couple days as well but I noticed something else. I have a habit of changing my characters appearance occasionally and what i noticed is that aaf is changing her appearance only in sex scenes to that of what she looked like leaving the vault. on further examination in an aaf scene if i go to remove her clothes it doesn't register her wearing anything outside of the pipboy. I have a feeling it changed her "nudesuit" somehow. further testing continues.

54 minutes ago, darkangylzq said:

So I've just started having the vault suit appear in the last couple days as well but I noticed something else. I have a habit of changing my characters appearance occasionally and what i noticed is that aaf is changing her appearance only in sex scenes to that of what she looked like leaving the vault. on further examination in an aaf scene if i go to remove her clothes it doesn't register her wearing anything outside of the pipboy. I have a feeling it changed her "nudesuit" somehow. further testing continues.

YES AAF dose make's a clone of the player for sex scene. Are you using unique player?

3 hours ago, mashup47 said:
4 hours ago, darkangylzq said:

YES AAF dose make's a clone of the player for sex scene. Are you using unique player?

Nope, no unique player mod. I did use a preset but affected mods were all base hair and eye mods.  I mainly recognized that it went back to the old hairstyle and eyes that i had moved on from. The odd thing is that the vault suit it put me in is a base game vault suit when i'm using a replacer for the 111 vault suits.

2 hours ago, darkangylzq said:

Nope, no unique player mod. I did use a preset but affected mods were all base hair and eye mods.  I mainly recognized that it went back to the old hairstyle and eyes that i had moved on from. The odd thing is that the vault suit it put me in is a base game vault suit when i'm using a replacer for the 111 vault suits.

16 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

Have you  started a old saved game, You mite have a dirty save. but  there has been a couple of post saying the same thing as you. I will have a look to see if anyone found a solution to it.

Very much like an old save.  I have had similar issues with various Bethesda games where things went back to what was.. not what should be.

In any case, cleaning the save (after a backup of course) couldn't hurt. It is covered in the guide. (from me, with instructions (and captures)  from CG! :D  on how to do the cleaning! )  Give it a good cleaning to be sure that there isn't something wrong with the save.  That is while research is being done ... might solve the problem in itself.

Verify Cache, clean save, are two things that can be done for a long running system that suddenly goes wrong that are least likely to mess things up for you in the long run. Worst case with Verify Cache is if you clean the masters... (which you should have copies of the cleaned masters in any case)

why this is happening to me? everything went fine up until after the black screen, the animation is unaligned then not long after that, the target actor wear the clothes. at this point I can't end the animation because it seems AAF still thinks that I haven't started any scenes yet. as you can see that there's no animation control but instead it shows a menu where you choose the target actor.

Spoiler

ScreenShot3.png.632925232be4c159f30033d2655fa87c.png

ScreenShot2.png.bddff7e8157d55bffaf2bf7de8f3b417.png

Also I don't have the log but the last thing it reports right when this happens was something like "timeout" I don't know if it's related

*edit : strange that I was able to zoom out and there were two of us!?? what's going on?

Spoiler

ScreenShot4.png.b5f61dfe7d7000dbcef8c7a9800b653c.png

So today i wanted to reinstall my LL mod list for FO4, but every time i tried to start the game with AAF the game just goes into and infinite loading loop when starting a new game or otherwise. I tried several different ways including with only the bare minimum requirements but i can seem to find the issue. I would appreciate any help i could get with this issue.

14 hours ago, regularmen said:

why this is happening to me? everything went fine up until after the black screen, the animation is unaligned then not long after that, the target actor wear the clothes. at this point I can't end the animation because it seems AAF still thinks that I haven't started any scenes yet. as you can see that there's no animation control but instead it shows a menu where you choose the target actor.

Reveal hidden contents

Also I don't have the log but the last thing it reports right when this happens was something like "timeout" I don't know if it's related

*edit : strange that I was able to zoom out and there were two of us!?? what's going on?

Reveal hidden contents

Off the top of my head I would say there is a mismatch of Game version , mod version and FSE version.

2 hours ago, TyvviVinter said:

So today i wanted to reinstall my LL mod list for FO4, but every time i tried to start the game with AAF the game just goes into and infinite loading loop when starting a new game or otherwise. I tried several different ways including with only the bare minimum requirements but i can seem to find the issue. I would appreciate any help i could get with this issue.

I Know this sounds dumb but check you are using the correct version of mods with your installed game and double check your load order, Also when using MO, patch overwrite order is not the same as load order. I would love to explain it more but I do not use MO. sorry

Before I search this thread for the problem I am having with AAF, can you please edit the OP to show that NMM does get updated. It is currently on 0.71.1 build. There are some of us that will not ever switch to MO/MO2 or anything else.

I have tried MO & MO2 I would never, ever switch to those 2 P.O.S. again. I'll quit modding when NMM stops getting support.

4 hours ago, TyvviVinter said:

Looks like I didn't have that far to search for the issue that I am having. This is happening to me, also.

2 hours ago, mashup47 said:

I Know this sounds dumb but check you are using the correct version of mods with your installed game and double check your load order, Also when using MO, patch overwrite order is not the same as load order. I would love to explain it more but I do not use MO. sorry

Went to Nexus and finding out that the Posts tab was missing on the AAF page. Then coming here and searching for the issue that I am having. But, before I arrived here and started to comment, I tried a test to find out the issue. It's the old tried and true method of troubleshooting. I disabled all of my mods, then uninstalled all of them. I then installed UFO4P, started the game. Started right up when choosing a new game.

Next mod to install was Achievements, same thing, started right up when starting a new game. Next up, AAF. Installed the mod, started the game, nope, not starting when choosing a new game (I have no saves, I'm starting new to try all of the latest mods since being away from the game for 14-16 months). The little green icon on the lower right of the screen just keeps doing it's thing. No title screen, no new game starting.

So, I uninstalled UFO4P & Achievements and left AAF installed. Started the game, clicked on New, for a new game. Still goes back to that little icon just doing it's thing.

During all of those times of my process, I have the Task Manager running on my 2nd screen, just to see what FO4 is doing while it's loading. Here is what I found:

1. When starting the game with UFO4P installed, would get to 29.03 MB under the Disk column, and would go to the startup movie after the little icon.

2. UFO4P & Achievements installed, gets to around 28-30 MB under the Disk column, and would go to the startup movie.

3. UFO4P, Achievements & AAF installed, starts going through the process, gets to the little icon, and then looking at the Disk column, get up to 49 MB, then starts dropping. Then after about a minute or so, it drops to 0 MB. I let it go on running for another minute, no response, stays at 0.

4. Same thing happens when only having AAF installed. Stays at 0 MB after it gets up to 49 or more.

Before I'm asked, the AAF version I have is 110b, which is the latest version listed on Nexus, updated on Jan. 3rd 2020. This was also done on a very clean install of FO4. So, I'll bypass AAF and all of the other mods that needs it until this gets figured out. I don't think it will hurt to install the mod and the animations in the middle of a playthrough, I didn't see anything saying not to.

15 hours ago, mashup47 said:

I use NMM and i haven't had any issues, until now and ONLY with AAF everything else works just fine, until i try using AAF. And i use the latest version available for AAF on Nexus. And i tried AAF with only F4SE and looks menu, still not getting past the infinite loading screen when i try starting a new game.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:33 PM, konar said:

Hi everyone!

AAF works fine, but I have this weird thing going on where when an animation play, no matter what triggers it, my character keep a vault suit on while every other actor is naked as excepted. I don't have it in my inventory and when i check the AAF inventory manager it doesn't appear. I don't have Unique player or any mod similar installed, neither do i have any mod modifying the vault suit. That's not a major problem since everything works fine anyway, but it's pretty immersion breaking.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help! Have a nice day!

Okay so i think i found the issue. I had AAF modders ressources installed too because of a reason i can't recall. So i disabled it and tested again ingame and my PC was finally naked! I don't know if it messed with AAF or whatever but that annoying little thing is gone. I'll keep testing and will update this comment if I find something else.

After trying to solve the AAF locked camera during sex scenes, I found what was causing the problem.  I spent way too long (Two days long days) trying to solve this problem for the solution to be that simple.  

I had saved a set of customized AAF_Settings files that I customized the keys for. so everytime I dropped my settings in, it was messing things up.  

I had to do an integrity scan on Steam when I got a bug (half my controls stopped responding) and then I noticed that none of the animations would work.  I checked with AAF GIF and it says AAF isn't installed but it was, I confirmed it worked before I had to do the scan.  So I completely removed AAF and reinstalled it, confirmed in a new game that it was install but AAF GIF stills says it isn't installed.  I have no idea what to do

14 minutes ago, soven1988 said:

I had to do an integrity scan on Steam when I got a bug (half my controls stopped responding) and then I noticed that none of the animations would work.  I checked with AAF GIF and it says AAF isn't installed but it was, I confirmed it worked before I had to do the scan.  So I completely removed AAF and reinstalled it, confirmed in a new game that it was install but AAF GIF stills says it isn't installed.  I have no idea what to do

When you scan using Steam.. it auto updates the .exe to the newest. It is possible that your version of AAF and/or its requirements are outdated.  I'd check and make sure AAF and all the requirements were updated. After that.. make sure you have a clean save/new save to verify that there isn't something janky going on with the save.

Something to start on until the experts are able to chime in... :D

On 1/20/2020 at 8:16 PM, regularmen said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

Biggest mistake is that folks move their character while AAF is processing. AAF uses an invisible replica of your character to set up the sex scene. Just stop fidgiting and wait for the scene to go through its motions or else this happens, And do not tell me you did not move during setup or else we would not be seeing this..This also will screw up your animation! ...DOH!