All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

So, i was fiddeling with the cp77 kit.. basically the same, useless mess that we got for witcher 3.

very few, very limited options on what can be done.. Tho coloring and re-texturing are a thing.

That combined with the wolfenkit (That they are about to release as a cp77 version) could get us at least some basic modding-support.

Still, even with said kits .. Very limited of what can be done.

Hopefully they get the wink that modders over at nexus worked a lot faster and better for the opti-patches, for example, and release a proper moddingtool.

Who needs multiplayer in a game where nothing regarding NPC's, wanted-system or third-person animations (animations in general) works. (Just to name a few bummers)

GIV US MODDIN' TOOL!

But still, if you want to take a shot at recoloring or retexturing.. Lizzy's ugly gun, for example, that's possible.

So I finally got my new rig yesterday and according to Geforce Experience I should be able to play it at 1080p with everything on full blast plus RTX enabled. Yeah... That resulted in crashes because of overheating when playing the game ? Honestly didn't expect ray tracing to be that taxing on the hardware. Disabling RTX and DLSS while leaving everything else as is seems to have fixed the issue. Now the case doesn't seem to get any warmer than when I just watch YouTube or lurk on forums.

Taking my sweet time leveling up a netrunner. Planning to do all the side stuff in Watson before I even think about talking to Dex.

21 hours ago, furkancankaya said:

I read some people give a 10/10 score to this game and it's really unbelievable for me.

Yeah, personally I'll give it a provisional 5. Four points for just being a less than fully functional (not even talking about bugs) GTA style sandbox and one just for being Cyberpunk. The hype train has really been fucking with people's expectations in the past few years, granted a lot of games have really failed to live up to even their basic expectations.

What really gets me is the systems that are blatantly missing that GTA has had for several games now. The cops are apathetic as fuck and don't even bother to chase you when you commit a crime, The weapons, aside from some like the smart weapons and the cyberware stuff are all the same kind of thing you'd find in any game set in the modern era, you don't get to play with any of the more advanced things (drones, robots, aircraft, etc) except for a few set pieces that are part of the main story. I get that there are technical limits but so many games in the past have done everything that cyberpunk has and done it in a way much more conducive to a sandbox play style. 

I'm really hoping there are going to be some updates or DLCs that fix some of this.

On 12/23/2020 at 4:37 PM, Celedhring said:

Still experimenting with sniper rifles to see which I like the  best.  The Widowmaker is hella fun.

I use all 3 types of Rifles - Tech/Widowmaker - it's like a semi-auto shotgun up close besides the power-up stuff.

Smart Sniper/Ashura - Sometimes lining up shots and waiting for them to peak out of cover or from behind foliage is a bore.

Power Assault/Legendary - When your smart rifle isn't 'working' (cyberblocked) and you want to spray a bit more, a good old fashioned hail of bullets will make them Swiss so you can collect the Cheddar.

photomode_23122020_210440.png.dd237c80bdff362d255fda9cc37c05a1.png

3 hours ago, sasquach18 said:

I'm really hoping there are going to be some updates or DLCs that fix some of this.

That's what I'm hoping for, just some repeatable activities would be nice stuff like gambling or street racing (even if half the vehicles handle like absolute ass.) I think the lack of shit to do outside of side quests or the main story quests shows CDPR's inexperience with this sort of game (that being a wide open sandbox) and even then the Witcher 3 still had Gwent in it.

Whew, there is a lot of upset people in this thread over this game.

Here I am blown away by it and convinced this is better than any of the Bethesda titles. Also, this community shouldn't have to work as hard to put a lot of fun in this game, it already has a ton of the asset's people here normally have to make from scratch!

Truthfully though, I can't wait for someone to either unlock or them to release all the "slut-attire" they already created that random NPC's/Mox's are wearing! Really enjoying this game! Woot!

On 12/24/2020 at 3:06 PM, PerfidiousPantsuPincher said:

So I finally got my new rig yesterday and according to Geforce Experience I should be able to play it at 1080p with everything on full blast plus RTX enabled. Yeah... That resulted in crashes because of overheating when playing the game ? Honestly didn't expect ray tracing to be that taxing on the hardware. Disabling RTX and DLSS while leaving everything else as is seems to have fixed the issue. Now the case doesn't seem to get any warmer than when I just watch YouTube or lurk on forums.

Taking my sweet time leveling up a netrunner. Planning to do all the side stuff in Watson before I even think about talking to Dex.

I have a Ryzen 2700x with32gm ram and GTX2080 card and this game will only let it run mid range ray tracing on it. Zaira says he has 2080ti and runs mid range so the specs to run ray tracing are very high and it does tax the hardware significantly. If you are overheating you have another problem or your case is not set up for airflow or liquid cooling properly for on these higher end chipsets they should stay cool even under load. I liquid cool using one size larger tank and radiator. I also get an extension for the video card and mount it seperate which is huge for cooling.

Finally managed to beat my terminal Restartitis and sticked to a character long enough to beat the game. Now i see why all the emotinally compromised man-children are crying about that ending ?

Went for the pro-Johnny ending, and i did like

leavin Johnny in control better.  Seemed more positive, even though it leaves V's fate uncertain.

Johnny does suffer from a severe case of writer's favorite, so let's see if the story allows me to keep him as an enemy.

Also, can i romance the Avenger? :classic_wub:

On 12/25/2020 at 2:09 AM, patches13 said:

Whew, there is a lot of upset people in this thread over this game.

Here I am blown away by it and convinced this is better than any of the Bethesda titles. Also, this community shouldn't have to work as hard to put a lot of fun in this game, it already has a ton of the asset's people here normally have to make from scratch!

Truthfully though, I can't wait for someone to either unlock or them to release all the "slut-attire" they already created that random NPC's/Mox's are wearing! Really enjoying this game! Woot!

Bethesda hasn't done anything worthwhile since Skyrim... and I suspect they won't ever give us a title at that level again because they're too much about the money... so yea it's a lot better than the crap Bethesda is selling now. As for the comparison with Skyrim... IMO unless CDPR has made the game a lot more mod'able than the Witcher series I don't see CP2077 matching up to Skyrim (which is only as great as it is because the community fixed it). IMO Witcher 3 is still better than Skyrim... but only because it's such an overall outstanding game... CP2077 will need a lot of fixing and updating and new content to match up to W3 in any way. Not that it's not fun (I've been having a lot of fun) but (maybe because they were unable to deliver on all the things they planned to include) it's not up to the same standard of quality, storytelling, gameplay experience and immersion... at this time IMO.

edit - Lol... my first post... I've been lurking for years but it took the combination of Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3, and Skyrim to get me to actually post (didn't even realize that I'd never posted before).  

Still haven't bought the game because I expect them to release a few huge patches in the next months that will probably vastly improve upon the initial release, just like they did with Witcher 3. And then I'll probably wait for a 40 to 50% sale or something because why not if I already managed to hold off playing it for that long.

It's hard though, I really want to play this right now. ?

3 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Still haven't bought the game because I expect them to release a few huge patches in the next months that will probably vastly improve upon the initial release, just like they did with Witcher 3. And then I'll probably wait for a 40 to 50% sale or something because why not if I already managed to hold off playing it for that long.

Best bet is to wait for final dlc, worked for witcher two and three, very likely to apply the same here. Witcher 3 got a shit ton of content and fixes by then, and Witcher II was an almost completely different game by the end.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:04 PM, ToJKa said:

Johnny does suffer from a severe case of writer's favorite, so let's see if the story allows me to keep him as an enemy.

Not really, just some mild anatgonism, more so if going with Arasaka.

Oh well, shot him brain regardless. Hey, it was his brain too at that point. He seemed cool with it. The dick.

I dunno, expected something more out of that scene after the crucifixion one ?‍♂️

Also, the "Science" part of this "science fiction" does not survive critical thinking or the original lore :classic_laugh:

On 12/31/2020 at 8:50 PM, Bazinga said:

I really wish I did the same.

17 hours ago, 0wnyx said:

are you sure its a pose ? i just see a head tilt in a sitting position... i guess its archivebile if u play around with the photo mode.

I'm not sure if that is the case, as I've seen multiple instances of screenshots where the npc poses with the player. including hugs

On 12/31/2020 at 9:52 PM, Kargrin said:

So how do I make NPCS pose with me in photo mode?Like pic below

Reveal hidden contents

Good bye pan Hello judy

Photo mode allows the player to move and rotate the player character as well as choose a few poses. If one 'pauses' the game at specific points by going into photo mode - they can then manipulate a scene with clever use of these tools as well as camera placement.

Not saying this is the case for every shot, but it is an option. The trick would be to have a save made before a situation occurs allowing exploitation of the given npc actions. People are both clever and relentless when pursuing a goal. I'll not exclude any possibility of players using 'mods' either, since when locked into certain conversations or 'cut-scenes', photo mode forces a 1st person view which would be interesting to capture in 3rd person.

On 12/24/2020 at 2:06 PM, PerfidiousPantsuPincher said:

What video card do you have?  I have a Ryzen 5 3600XT and a RTX 2060 KO Ultra and I've played over 370 hours on Ultra RTX DLSS quality and the only thing I changed was put the crowd density 1 notch down.  I've been steady in the 50's and 60's fps.

16 minutes ago, Raistln1971 said:

What video card do you have?  I have a Ryzen 5 3600XT and a RTX 2060 KO Ultra and I've played over 370 hours on Ultra RTX DLSS quality and the only thing I changed was put the crowd density 1 notch down.  I've been steady in the 50's and 60's fps.

I have a Ryzen 5 5600X and a RTX 3070. Somehow I forgot to install the AMD drivers for the motherboard, so that might've been the issue. Unfortunately, the overheating is not the only problem I've been having with the rig... but that's off topic.