Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

Some more

Also some internal points:

-Todd and Emil Pagliarulo (FO3 and 4) hate each other, Todd wants Emil out of Starfield and ES6

-Starfield looks like a spiritual sucessor of mass effect. Grounded gameplay.

-They have the technology of stair climbing now (lol)

-Fo76 map was made by Maryland team (Todd), the rest was Austin's

-Todd likes CBBE

76leak3.png

23 minutes ago, cleavagesweat said:

Austin team eh? it's probably because they have sticky bbq fingers and constant food coma from all the good bbq eats down there. ever try coding after a rack of ribs for lunch?

The rubes in Austin can't be blamed for FO76.  Todd-muh-Gawd Howard already came out and said that EVERYONE worked on the game from all divisions, Zenimax devs included.  The EA 'Montreal did it' Andromeda excuse won't fly in Bethesda's case.  No one to point the finger at.

5 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

The rubes in Austin can't be blamed for FO76.  Todd-muh-Gawd Howard already came out and said that EVERYONE worked on the game from all divisions, Zenimax devs included.  The EA 'Montreal did it' Andromeda excuse won't fly in Bethesda's case.  No one to point the finger at.

actually I think there might be something to it. maybe he said everyone worked on it just as lip service to hype it. maybe the extent of it was Bethesda emailing code to Austin.... and since Toad Howards likes CBBE... maybe he spends his time locked in his office stroking it to LOVERSLAB's "Show Your Skyrim Counterpart" threads!!!

10 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

That would suggest that Todd is in that 6-10% of Bethesda tracked users who have mods installed in their games.

For it only being 6-10% Bethesda sure does have a hard on to control and monetize modding.  Playing a Bethesda game without player-made patches and fixes is like playing Sims4 without MCCommandCenter; no one does it.

5 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

That would suggest that Todd is in that 6-10% of Bethesda tracked users who have mods installed in their games.

You will never know.

Even Todd Howard could have here on loverslab an account, and i guess he has one.

If not he is really stupid.

i think most if not all Zenimaxx employees have an account here as well as on Nexus.

The same thing goes to EA games due to the LL support of the Sims.

but i doubt they will post here or publish Mods.

Just now, Alkpaz said:

Austin has good BBQ? I thought that was Fort Worth; that, and donuts. :P

Luling TX has the best BBQ.  Just type in Luling into Google and BBQ and City Market will be the top results.  The Yuppies and Millennial hipsters in Austin only THINK they're eating real BBQ.

7 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

For it only being 6-10% Bethesda sure does have a hard on to control and monetize modding.  Playing a Bethesda game without player-made patches and fixes is like playing Sims4 without MCCommandCenter; no one does it.

Where they pulled that percentage number from is uncertain (I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that it was Todd's backside). There are definitely more people using mods (including games that started off as mods to other games) than play the entirety of BGS' game catalog.

Maybe he has seen all of the parody mods mocking him and he is in denial?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68001

9 hours ago, ijakor said:

You will never know.

Even Todd Howard could have here on loverslab an account, and i guess he has one.

If not he is really stupid.

i think most if not all Zenimaxx employees have an account here as well as on Nexus.

The same thing goes to EA games due to the LL support of the Sims.

but i doubt they will post here or publish Mods.

I don't know if employees have individual accounts here, but they are most certainly aware of the adult modding scene, Todd's joke he made at E3 about playing 'one handed' was definitely a friendly jab at places like nexus and LL.

1 hour ago, CramHunter said:

I don't know if employees have individual accounts here, but they are most certainly aware of the adult modding scene, Todd's joke he made at E3 about playing 'one handed' was definitely a friendly jab at places like nexus and LL.

Oops, if Todd is here then I have to be very careful now, otherwise I will come on his firing list! ?

shooting_monkey.gif

14 hours ago, shadowlord445 said:

Interesting, if true.

Agreed. I hate coming back to this thread but even I'm questioning the authenticity of those leaks. Right now, with all the negative hype, it's be too easy for someone to create fakes that people are willing to believe. Without proof one way or the other, I'm not willing to take them at face value. Since Zenimax and their subsidiaries (and their subsidiaries' subsidiaries) are privately traded, there's no way to know for sure unless a whistle blower from within the company comes out into the open.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Considering all the possible angles.

I'm impressed by how believable these leaks are. That doesn't necessarily mean they're true, but they remind me more of Bethesda leaks that have been proven true than leaks that were wrong.

19 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Some more

Also some internal points:

-Todd and Emil Pagliarulo (FO3 and 4) hate each other, Todd wants Emil out of Starfield and ES6

-Starfield looks like a spiritual sucessor of mass effect. Grounded gameplay.

-They have the technology of stair climbing now (lol)

-Fo76 map was made by Maryland team (Todd), the rest was Austin's

-Todd likes CBBE

Oh I can definitely believe Todd likes CBBE. See guys, he's not such a bad guy... he's a mod-loving pervert like the rest of us. ?

Also, that part about the map explains why the map feels so solidly made and similar in philosophy to Fallout 4. And is also one of the best parts of Fallout 76. I didn't see any mention of Mass Effect, though. A spiritual successor to Mass Effect is why I've been hoping for from Starfield, but I've yet to see any real evidence of that.

18 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

From a developer standpoint, wouldn't be surprised if he spends far more time working on new games than playing the games he's worked on.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:58 PM, Kendo 2 said:

So not only does he lie on stage at E3s and in interviews but he also lies at work.  The last thing the Todd-God wants is a game with a compelling story.  He wants action adventure games where the player can't fail a quest and feels good about every choice they make.  'Everyone's a winner' and 'compelling story' don't gel; that's why Bethesda story arcs have sucked since he's been in charge.  Todd Howard doesn't want good stories; Skyrim and FO4 prove that.

I don't know if Todd is the one responsible for the less-than-ideal story, I think it's more their writers aren't up to the job. That being said, I think the problems in Bethesda's story writing are a lot more nuanced than "everyone's a winner" by itself. I've seen plenty of terrible stories where some character gets screwed - perhaps specifically one the audience likes - and it completely fails to add depth to the story. Similarly, I've seen stories where no one really "loses", but many of the victories are imperfect and it adequately portrays nuance. (You may be defining "everyone's a winner" as meaning all victories are without any sacrifices or consequences, in which case I agree that isn't very compelling.)

On 12/5/2018 at 6:32 PM, cleavagesweat said:

well until it is revealed who the real culprit is then i'm perfectly content with bludgeoning the known POC (point of contact) 

That's a good way to teach that point of contact that you're beyond the point of reason, and that there's little reason to listen to you or try to satisfy you. A response of nothing but anger sends the message "don't make games" to the developer, and there's nothing for us to gain by them not making games. Maybe, for some, a grim satisfaction knowing that they crushed the culprit that offended their delicate sensibilities, but it's not uncommon for these people to also be the ones decrying "special snowflakes" for being too sensitive and it just seems painfully hypocritical.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:27 AM, Kendo 2 said:

FO76 is the most entertaining game Bethesda has ever made, as long as you didn't buy it.

For a sadist, maybe. I don't get much entertainment out of watching people suffer or watching things burn. It's a shallow, hollow form of joy, a brief high that goes nowhere. I've gotten far more entertainment out of Skyrim than I'll ever get from watching people face harsh consequences for their negligence. Addiction to sadistic satisfaction is not a good way to lead a life, and often a source of abuse.

-

On another note, that screenshot of the scorched halfway through the wall? Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Now THIS is the kind of quality content I expect from Bethesda. ? Their games are always a bit of a technical mess but usually end up being amazingly fun anyway, especially when modders get their hands on them.

7 hours ago, Omni said:

(You may be defining "everyone's a winner" as meaning all victories are without any sacrifices or consequences, in which case I agree that isn't very compelling.)

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

7 hours ago, Omni said:

For a sadist, maybe. I don't get much entertainment out of watching people suffer or watching things burn. It's a shallow, hollow form of joy, a brief high that goes nowhere. I've gotten far more entertainment out of Skyrim than I'll ever get from watching people face harsh consequences for their negligence. Addiction to sadistic satisfaction is not a good way to lead a life, and often a source of abuse.

• Bethesda devs make substandard buggy games that are short on story and long on filler.
  • Todd Howard and Pete Hines are pathological liars when it comes to the games.  They have LIED about every game, starting with Oblivion.
  • Todd Howard's and Pete Hines' level of snark and contempt for the customers.
  • Gaming journos giving Bethesda and the cocksuckers who dev their games a free pass with every release.  Best game evah 10/10 my ass.
  • The fanboi/fangurl base is as bad as feminists and SJWs when it comes to defending the games and Bethesda.  It's religious zealot-level pathetic.
  • $60 and 90 hrs of my life were wasted on FO4.  If someone did that to me in RL I'd do doughnuts in their yard on my dirt bike.  I'd get even somehow.

Which brings me to FO76 being treated as the dumpster fire it is; to me it's vindication for everything that has to do with Bethesda and the mod scene and the fanbase around it.  If I had a choice between getting my 60 bucks back or closing Bethesda's doors forever I'd take the $60.  Fuck Bethesda.

Archived