Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

48 minutes ago, prinyo said:

Good thing the Bethesda suits followed the same logic as you and are breaking sales records with 76. /s

I don't really understand  what is the point of making a new account just to troll in a thread like this.

76 is so bad (by design and execution) that shilling it requites more effort than shilling other bad games. I enjoy reading a good shilling (I'm a linguist by education) but sadly all the shilling I have seen for 76 is as low effort as the game itself.

It's a new account, but I'm not a new user. Anyways, I'm not shilling for FO76, it's a bad to mediocre game. It has potential IF you're into online survival games, but that's about it.

I'm just theorizing about the thought process behind FO76. Single player games sell like shit unless there's a big brand name behind it, and even then you have to put much more effort and ressources into it than your average multiplayer game. That doesn't mean that Bethesda has executed their plans flawlessly. Quite the opposite, in fact.

27 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

If Bethesda had never released the creation kit for their games, Bethesda would of tanked a long time ago. If their console version of games were anything like the PC, Bethesda Games Studio would of been out of business.

Pretty sure the bulk of Bethesda's games sell on consoles, as with most other multiplatform titles. And that's despite the multitude of bugs and perfomance issues present with no way of fixing them. Until they did their mods on consoles thing, of course.

10 minutes ago, CramHunter said:

It's a new account, but I'm not a new user. Anyways, I'm not shilling for FO76, it's a bad to mediocre game. It has potential IF you're into online survival games, but that's about it.

I'm just theorizing about the thought process behind FO76. Single player games sell like shit unless there's a big brand name behind it, and even then you have to put much more effort and ressources into it than your average multiplayer game. That doesn't mean that Bethesda has executed their plans flawlessly. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Pretty sure the bulk of Bethesda's games sell on consoles, as with most other multiplatform titles. And that's despite the multitude of bugs and perfomance issues present with no way of fixing them. Until they did their mods on consoles thing, of course.

Fallout 76 proves that without a creation kit, their games massively flop. Modders can't save this one. It's completely up to Bethesda. Good luck with that.

Now console gamers get a taste of what we have to deal with on PC. That's why many are screaming for their money back.

16 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

Fallout 76 proves that without a creation kit, their games massively flop. Modders can't save this one. It's completely up to Bethesda. Good luck with that.

Now console gamers get a taste of what we have to deal with on PC. That's why many are screaming for their money back.

Fallout 76 proves that people won't put up with an even more broken game than what Bethesda usually delivers. You make it sound like Bethesda only releases broken games on PC when in reality the console versions performed overall much worse. You can often bypass poor perfomance by brute forcing your way through it with sheer power, an option which consoles don't have because they're a closed system which can't be upgraded. You can overcome many bugs with console commands, again something which consoles don't have access to. And up until recently, no community made patches either. With Fallout 76, it's the other way around - now PC gamers know what console gamers had to put up with all this time. Which makes me question why people buy Bethesda games on consoles in the first place.

1 hour ago, CramHunter said:

Fallout 76 proves that people won't put up with an even more broken game than what Bethesda usually delivers. You make it sound like Bethesda only releases broken games on PC when in reality the console versions performed overall much worse. You can often bypass poor perfomance by brute forcing your way through it with sheer power, an option which consoles don't have because they're a closed system which can't be upgraded. You can overcome many bugs with console commands, again something which consoles don't have access to. And up until recently, no community made patches either. With Fallout 76, it's the other way around - now PC gamers know what console gamers had to put up with all this time. Which makes me question why people buy Bethesda games on consoles in the first place.

If it's worse on console as you claim, then it's pretty pathetic why they even deal with it. Because my experience on PC, their games cannot be in a playable state without unofficial patches. You say it's worse on console, then by worse it's worse than what we deal with on PC. Not including console command. I'm speaking just dealing with the massive amounts of bugs.

If I was a console gamer, I would of ditched purchasing Bethesda games a long time ago. I assumed it was better on console because before Fallout 4 and SSE, they had no mods. They had no unofficial patches to rely on. They relied only on official patches by Bethesda themselves. And their patches are subpar to put it nicely.

FO4 was a warning sign of shitty roads ahead. I remember CTD whenever I got near Revere Satellite Array with a stock game and after many hours of trying to figure out wtf was the problem it took the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch to fix it. That is fucked up that a AAA game needs a community patch to "just work" (to quote Toad Howard).

The truth is, FO4 may well be the last title from beth for ALOT of us. the future titles are in trouble in terms of technical viability and public reception (if they even get made at this rate).

7 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

When Fallout New Vegas was released there was a rash of FO3 mods being converted to work with it.  The people doing it didn't ask the original mod authors if it was okay of if they had plans of their own to do conversions.  These people just took content they didn't make and made it work for another game with basically the same engine.  That same thing happened with FO4 CBBE being adapted to work with FO70shits.  The person who packaged and uploaded the conversion didn't get permission; that means he stole the mod.  And the same argument you're making now was made then.  'The games are similar so what's the difference?'  The difference is the people doing these conversions don't retain creative rights to the content.  They're stealing mods, just like what happened with FO3 and New Vegas.  It was douche bag level wrong then and it is now.

And a mod site not allowing game cracks and asset rips isn't odd in the least.  It's a legal issue and Bethesda is litigious-happy with their threats and DMCA take down notices.  Protecting the site means the site is able to exist unhindered.

Fair enough. ? I was really referring to the similarities in the content, not whether the mod authors have given permission. That's a different matter entirely and indeed a concern. And I never said anything about game cracks or asset rips. I wonder what Caliente thinks about all this?

Also for what it's worth guys, the backlash about 76 was needed, upper management is freaking out and talking about reform.

Well that sounds good. Here's hoping they learn the right lessons from this. I don't have much faith in upper management when it comes to something like this.

server are dying because of player loads, to many people looting to many items abusing the weight glitch and duping glitch.

And yet there's still not enough space to have all the items you need to successfully play the game! If their servers can't handle this, how in the world are they ever going to provide what is needed to play the game?

I suspect some really bad coding is at fault for how much strain items are putting on the servers. When people are running a game on their own machines it isn't as important that everything be efficient, but when Bethesda has to host the servers it becomes much more important everything is coded well and that isn't Bethesda's strong suit.

to make one thing clear, what this is about, here it is not about small money.

quite simple milk girl invoice!

Skyrim first two days became more than 3.4 million times sold.
Fallout 4 sold more than 5 million copies in the release week.
each game costs on average 50 euros, that are for Fallout 4, 250 millions for Beth, now of it - 82.4%, are 44 million euros, a loss of around 210 million euros for Fallout 76!

believe me, that hurts. ?

According to some dude who did some testing, the inventory glitch doesn't have an effect on the servers. The XP glitch, however, did. There was one person on 4chan who posted screenshots showing he was over level 1000 and claimed every time he earned XP the servers went dark. I don't think the leaks are real tbh, it's just baiting, especially if you consider the comments about the engine and now ladders.

10 hours ago, CramHunter said:

I dont understand why console players did not attack bethesda since their games are much more expensive then pc games are. i mean pc was 60 what was the price for console game ?? usually in my country new games for console are double sometime triple in price compared to pc games.

They start banning people for glitch they themself create is pretty uncalled for. the gamers using these glitch are not really cheating since they can say these glitch was bethesda fault not player fault. 

1 hour ago, cleavagesweat said:

"Todd wants the story to be good".

So not only does he lie on stage at E3s and in interviews but he also lies at work.  The last thing the Todd-God wants is a game with a compelling story.  He wants action adventure games where the player can't fail a quest and feels good about every choice they make.  'Everyone's a winner' and 'compelling story' don't gel; that's why Bethesda story arcs have sucked since he's been in charge.  Todd Howard doesn't want good stories; Skyrim and FO4 prove that.

20 minutes ago, D_ManXX2 said:

I dont understand why console players did not attack bethesda since their games are much more expensive then pc games are. i mean pc was 60 what was the price for console game ?? usually in my country new games for console are double sometime triple in price compared to pc games.

They start banning people for glitch they themself create is pretty uncalled for. the gamers using these glitch are not really cheating since they can say these glitch was bethesda fault not player fault. 

I honestly don't know. I think it has to do with the fact that the vast majority of people buy games to simply buy them, not to play them. Sounds crazy, but the achievement statistics for many games speak for themselves. So they simply won't encounter these issues because they play a given game for a few hours or so.

Banning people for using exploits is pretty commonplace in online games, though. But I don't think this would be a smart move for Bethesda because they have enough negative press as is, they don't need the additional attention I'd say. Especially considering how much of a technical mess the game is right now, banning people for using Bethesda's spaghetti code, eh. Wouldn't go over to well I think.

2 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

So not only does he lie on stage at E3s and in interviews but he also lies at work.  The last thing the Todd-God wants is a game with a compelling story.  He wants action adventure games where the player can't fail a quest and feels good about every choice they make.  'Everyone's a winner' and 'compelling story' don't gel; that's why Bethesda story arcs have sucked since he's been in charge.  Todd Howard doesn't want good stories; Skyrim and FO4 prove that.

companies undergo reorganizations (reorgs as we like to call them) all the time which reflects negatively on management. it means something is not working. I wanna know if Toad, being the director (of... whatever), is the one responsible for their current situation. if so then he probably needs to let someone else steer the boat for a while because they just hit an iceberg....

bethesda.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a3ga47/i_am_getting_your_support_tickets_on_my_bethesda/

Turns out that if you want to ditch steam to have full control over your own platform, you should be damn sure it actually works. That's a major security issue there, it's like an all you can eat buffet for people with malicious intent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a3c91q/if_this_patch_is_any_indication_of_how_future/

Many stealth nerfs across the board. Instead of fixing game breaking bugs like phantom weight / phantom budget for CAMPs, or the damage bug regarding weapons with a high ROF / legendaries with explosive bullets, let's make the game a bit more grindy, that's a good idea. Especially the server hopping nerf is fucking retarded, if you're on a bugged out or laggy server, good luck with that because the game will try to connect you to the same server you were previously on. Workshops were hardly used in the first place, now there's almost no point to them. Especially because you lose ownership as soon as you disconnect.

16 minutes ago, cleavagesweat said:

companies undergo reorganizations (reorgs as we like to call them) all the time which reflects negatively on management. it means something is not working. I wanna know if Toad, being the director (of... whatever), is the one responsible for their current situation. if so then he probably needs to let someone else steer the boat for a while because he just hit an iceberg....

At the end of the day, Todd Howard is 'just' a developer (albeit an influential one, relatively speaking) and has to bow to the demands of the suits that actually own everything. We don't know how much influence he has over a given game, the framework may very well be decided elsewhere. One way or the other, it's pretty shortsighted to attack a specific person rather than the corporation itself, which would be Zenimax, not Bethesda Game Studios. The problem is that Zenimax doesn't have a public face, and people like smashing faces.

2 minutes ago, CramHunter said:

At the end of the day, Todd Howard is 'just' a developer (albeit an influential one, relatively speaking) and has to bow to the demands of the suits that actually own everything. We don't know how much influence he has over a given game, the framework may very well be decided elsewhere. One way or the other, it's pretty shortsighted to attack a specific person rather than the corporation itself, which would be Zenimax, not Bethesda Game Studios. The problem is that Zenimax doesn't have a public face, and people like smashing faces.

well until it is revealed who the real culprit is then i'm perfectly content with bludgeoning the known POC (point of contact) 

15 minutes ago, cleavagesweat said:

well until it is revealed who the real culprit is then i'm perfectly content with bludgeoning the known POC (point of contact) 

All that this is doing is giving them a smoke screen excuse for not adressing the actual criticism. They cherry pick the personal attacks and use them to make it about 'le toxic gamur culture'. It's the same with EA's and DICE's Revisionistfield 5.

1 hour ago, Kargrin said:

Let's see if Todd will joke again about his game being buggy.

Also this?

Yeah, I saw that earlier today.  And in true Bethesda fashion the fans were the ones doing something about it.  Already fixing the bugs for their games, why not do cyber security for them too?

Bjornk turned me on to a new word 'Bethetic'; Bethesda-level pathetic.

Archived