Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

2 hours ago, landess said:

I don't want to derail this post from it's focus on '76, so I'll be brief....

It's only gambling if you don't know what's in the box correct?

Otherwise it's a morality issue with the P2W situation.

No, gambling is technically paying money to have a chance of getting something of greater value, most of the time simply much more money than you have paid - or nothing. Which is why publishers could do whatever they wanted with lootboxes, as lootboxes don't contain anything of financial value and you're guaranteed to get something. Well, until recently, because they overdid it so the legislation concerning gambling might change to include lootboxes, because they exploit many of the same underhanded psychological tricks as gambling does. Laws can, in fact, be changed and expanded upon, so many companies that used 'It's not gambling because it isn't technically gambling' forgot to add 'yet' at the end of that sentence. P2W is of no concern as far as legal matters are concerned, because even lootboxes that only contain cosmetics would be affected by that change, if it happens.

8 hours ago, landess said:

I've been following Oxhorn's adventures with '76 on YouTube myself, yet those shots look pretty good IMO.

Hmmm, this post was on another thread showing some screenshots of '76. Not sure how it ended up here.....

I dont see the post you mentioned either the thread has been merged again or the user deleted his thread due to little user enjoying this game having 1 thread open for only 2 user is not realy feasable :P and was straining this server.

33 minutes ago, D_ManXX2 said:

I dont see the post you mentioned either the thread has been merged again or the user deleted his thread due to little user enjoying this game having 1 thread open for only 2 user is not realy feasable :P and was straining this server.

The threads have been merged again, this is a post that was originally posted in the other thread: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100392-fallout-76-announcement-bethesda-live-stream/?page=44&tab=comments#comment-2454093

So, that kinda makes the whole argument that this thread is for one very specific thing (content aggregation was mentioned I believe) about FO76 pretty moot, seeing as the moderators won't allow any other threads. It's the general purpose thread for all things Fallout 76, it seems. But for people that want to talk about the game itself, LL is probably a bad choice given how negative the game is perceived here. I mean, if you get called a traitor, fanboy, bethdrone, shill or something along those lines who probably don't want to post here anymore. If you want to talk about the game, you look for other places.

Well the game has been received negatively and not only here but everywhere.

As for your remark no user is allowed to insult another user Loverlab rule. The real reason that even happened was that user other user who opened the other thread was actually the one who started insulting users here. and then moderator had to step in. We only pointing flaws this game has there is nothing wrong with that.

6 minutes ago, D_ManXX2 said:

Well the game has been received negatively and not only here but everywhere.

As for your remark no user is allowed to insult another user Loverlab rule. The real reason that even happened was that user other user who opened the other thread was actually the one who started insulting users here. and then moderator had to step in. We only pointing flaws this game has there is nothing wrong with that.

nah fam, the game is enjoyed by some. The FO76 reddit has 159k subscribers. I know, it's reddit and reddit sucks, but there you go. Be warned though, the overall perception of the game is very positive there, with some criticism sprinkled in here and there. Seeing as I detest reddit and also think the people in that particular subreddit are mostly uncritical of anti-consumer practices exercised by Bethesda, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone normally, I just use this as an example that the statement that the game is universally hated isn't entirely accurate.

As far as the rules on LL are concerned, let's not get into that.

6 hours ago, CramHunter said:

The threads have been merged again, this is a post that was originally posted in the other thread: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100392-fallout-76-announcement-bethesda-live-stream/?page=44&tab=comments#comment-2454093

So, that kinda makes the whole argument that this thread is for one very specific thing (content aggregation was mentioned I believe) about FO76 pretty moot, seeing as the moderators won't allow any other threads. It's the general purpose thread for all things Fallout 76, it seems. But for people that want to talk about the game itself, LL is probably a bad choice given how negative the game is perceived here. I mean, if you get called a traitor, fanboy, bethdrone, shill or something along those lines who probably don't want to post here anymore. If you want to talk about the game, you look for other places.

That not only doesn't make my point moot and it doesn't just confirm it, it practically enforces it. All Fallout 76 related content will be gathered here...whether you like it or not.

So if Direct Damage doesn't work in PvP... can you set traps?

Like... get them close to a gass tank and explode that, so they explode.. etc..?

I might consider a carreer inside Fo76 as serial Player Killer(**), by carefully setting traps for other players without directly damaging them, and making sure no one knows I set it up..

(**) Dear feds, I'm literally talking about an in-game carreer. So don't arrest me for something I posted on the 'net about what Imma do in-game m'Kay?

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

That not only doesn't make my point moot and it doesn't just confirm it, it practically enforces it. All Fallout 76 related content will be gathered here...whether you like it or not.

Not really. The thread has no purpose other than being the general FO76 thread, so it's for everything related to FO76. This includes media found elsewhere, but doesn't exclude everything else.

Somehow it seems every time I have a quick look in here, my first impression is "Oh great, more vids, thx for the homework" ?

So here's a little sumpin-sumpin to put in your book bags:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanDumb

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HateDumb

It helped me make sense of threads like these a long time ago. Expect a pop quiz at some point.

2 minutes ago, CramHunter said:

'Cracking the game'? What?

Modding it.  The game license doesn't allow for 3rd party content being added to it or end users editing Bethesda's proprietary software.  If you're modding FO76 you're cracking it and violating the EULA.  Why do you think game sites aren't promoting modding it?  Because they could get sued; that's why.

6 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Modding it.  The game license doesn't allow for 3rd party content being added to it or end users editing Bethesda's proprietary software.  If you're modding FO76 you're cracking it and violating the EULA.  Why do you think game sites aren't promoting modding it?  Because they could get sued; that's why.

they were talking about replacing the default female textures with CBBE. I wonder if editing the ini for the widescreen fix constitutes a EULA violation too?

15 minutes ago, CramHunter said:

Idk, nexus allows mods for FO76 just fine. Afaik it's only cracking if there's some sort of protection you have to disable first, but I'm no lawyer. But there's even ported content from FO4 hosted there, like this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76/mods/140

it's probably a fine line or grey area since these edits or mods are only client-side cosmetic changes.

12 minutes ago, shadowlord445 said:

https://imgur.com/a/oXNHm

Are these tweets real??

Pete Hines:  We had to remove skills and stats because women are too fucking stupid.

Oh, Petey, you are lucky I'm not in charge over at Bethesda, 'cause your ass would have been shit-canned long ago.

petey must know someone influential or there is some nepotism going on over there because that guy is a lummox. he reminds me of Lennie from Of Mice & Men.

The minute people installed the game the license and limited warranty went into effect and they accepted the terms by default.  It’s all legal mumbo-jumbo but this is the pertinent part.

Spoiler

LICENSE CONDITIONS
You agree not to:
(g) Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;

TERMINATION: 
This Agreement and the licenses granted under this Agreement are effective until terminated. They shall terminate automatically without notice if you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. Upon termination you shall immediately cease using the Software, and destroy the Software, the Documentation, and the other parts of the Software, and all copies of any parts thereof.

It is what it is and no amount of minimization, justification or mental gymnastics changes the license.  If you downloaded FO76 this license applies to you.  So NO you cannot mod FO76 until Bethedsa releases their official software to do so.  IF you do and they find out about it they can legally revoke your license and block you from accessing/using the game software.

Depending on the severity level a person could be fined in upwards of $100,000 per violation under U.S. copyright law.  If I owned a game forum I wouldn't allow modding FO76 or discussion of it either, since that could be seen as facilitating.

44 minutes ago, CramHunter said:

Idk, nexus allows mods for FO76 just fine. Afaik it's only cracking if there's some sort of protection you have to disable first, but I'm no lawyer. But there's even ported content from FO4 hosted there, like this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76/mods/140

They've already said they won't support mod's, just like they don't support mod's in other Bethesda titles. However they didn't say you couldn't use them. Here's their official "answer" on modding Fallout 76.

https://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/44429/kw/Mod

2 minutes ago, patches13 said:

They've already said they won't support mod's, just like they don't support mod's in other Bethesda titles. However they didn't say you couldn't use them. Here's their official "answer" on modding Fallout 76.

https://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/44429/kw/Mod

"Fallout 76 does not support the use of any mods, add-ons, or other third-party programs. Please be aware that the use of such applications may result in Fallout 76 not functioning properly."

And that is addressed in the license.  Nowhere does anything state 'We don't support mods but go ahead and use them anyway.'  What a rational person sees is 'We don't support mods and if you use them you're violating the software license.'  The license and the Bethesda.net help statement reinforce one another; they don't cancel each other out.

Modding FO76 voids the game's license.  End of story.

24 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

The minute people installed the game the license and limited warranty went into effect and they accepted the terms by default.  It’s all legal mumbo-jumbo but this is the pertinent part.

Hide contents

LICENSE CONDITIONS
You agree not to:
(g) Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;

TERMINATION: 
This Agreement and the licenses granted under this Agreement are effective until terminated. They shall terminate automatically without notice if you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. Upon termination you shall immediately cease using the Software, and destroy the Software, the Documentation, and the other parts of the Software, and all copies of any parts thereof.

It is what it is and no amount of minimization, justification or mental gymnastics changes the license.  If you downloaded FO76 this license applies to you.  So NO you cannot mod FO76 until Bethedsa releases their official software to do so.  IF you do and they find out about it they can legally revoke your license and block you from accessing/using the game software.

Depending on the severity level a person could be fined in upwards of $100,000 per violation under U.S. copyright law.  If I owned a game forum I wouldn't allow modding FO76 or discussion of it either, since that could be seen as facilitating.

Well, I don't speak lawyer, but modifying the software sounds more like tampering with how it works, like what the script extender and ENB does. And both aren't allowed on the nexus. ?

Archived