Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

1 hour ago, patches13 said:

True, I've just received private messages from a few other LL members who also feel bummed that the ONLY thread we're allowed to talk about Fallout 76 in keeps getting spammed by like 3 or 4 people who dislike the game. Never did I make a meme that so capsulated this thread...

Christ-on-bike you're dense.  It's already been explained to you why the FO76 threads are being merged with this one but MAYBE this will finally put a lid on your babbling.

Site Rule #3

We may be an adult-oriented community, but don't be stupid, don't post anything blatantly illegal. Meaning no discussion or assistance with illegal content such as piracy, game cracks, models or textures taken from the assets of other games, or any depictions of underage persons with exposed nudity or in a sexual context.

Understand NOW?

55 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Christ-on-bike you're dense.  It's already been explained to you why the FO76 threads are being merged with this one but MAYBE this will finally put a lid on your babbling.

Site Rule #3

We may be an adult-oriented community, but don't be stupid, don't post anything blatantly illegal. Meaning no discussion or assistance with illegal content such as piracy, game cracks, models or textures taken from the assets of other games, or any depictions of underage persons with exposed nudity or in a sexual context.

Understand NOW?

None of which has been discussed. So if I'm dense does that make you retarded or something else? I figure since you've graduated to name calling I should follow suit but want to call you something you'd comprehend.

31 minutes ago, patches13 said:

None of which has been discussed. So if I'm dense does that make you retarded or something else? I figure since you've graduated to name calling I should follow suit but want to call you something you'd comprehend.

Awesome post!  And good job since you calling people spammers/haters IS NOT name calling.  Just like talking about getting FO4 CBBE to work in FO76 IS NOT discussing cracking a game and using vanilla-derived assets from one game in another.  And NEITHER is bemoaning Nexus for deleting 'how to add F04 mods to FO76' topics.  Yep, no one promoting asset flipping or game cracking here.  You REALLY put me in my place.

4 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Just like talking about getting FO4 CBBE to work in FO76 IS NOT discussing cracking a game and using vanilla-derived assets from one game in another.

well...Bethesda already did that, so....how can you tell the difference here? ?

29 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Awesome post!  And good job since you calling people spammers/haters IS NOT name calling.  Just like talking about getting FO4 CBBE to work in FO76 IS NOT discussing cracking a game and using vanilla-derived assets from one game in another.  And NEITHER is bemoaning Nexus for deleting 'how to add F04 mods to FO76' topics.  Yep, no one promoting asset flipping or game cracking here.  You REALLY put me in my place.

I didn't put you in your place, you did that all on your own. And you call me dense.

22 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Bethesda is promoting using FO4 mods and derivatives of their game assets in FO76?  I'd like to see a link/proof.

no, i'm talking about the fact that they reused FO4 assets in FO76.

it's like FO3 vs FONV, they reused so much that no one cares (or can tell) when assets are ported over (Eg: A Tale of Two Wastelands).

2 hours ago, CramHunter said:

Well the good thing is once the influencers over at youtube hop on to the next click farm the people who spam this topic won't have any new content to spam with.

by the way, who is here in this thread, a spammer?
you are not aware, that spamming is not tolerated here on LL!
what do you think how many I have already tracked down, they become simple removed from this website.
look times 82.4% to hate the game and 17.6% are fanboys.
Bethesda needs a financial defeat, otherwise make they always further, I mean the garbage they offer to the people! :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, winny257 said:

Bethesda needs a financial defeat, otherwise make they always further, I mean the garbage they offer to the people! :classic_wink:

True.  Probably the only thing that will turn Bethesda around and get them away from games-as-services and this 'action adventure console' thing they're doing is for them to have a huge failure and be humiliated for it.  What's happening now should have happened with FO4 but they got a free pass like always.  Hopefully things will be different.  I WANT Bethesda to make good games so I'll have something fun to play; like how Oblivion and FO3/NV were fun.  Skyrim was okay, but Bethesda can do better.  Maybe they need to hire Ken Ralston back and demote Todd-God Howard back to the secondary role he had.  He sucks as a Creative Director if Skyrim/FO4/FO76 are his best efforts.

4 hours ago, patches13 said:

Actually he did not call you anything you calling him retard is.  you are the only one derailing this topic all other users are actually stating what is wrong with this game something that you seem to be only one who has problem with that,

All the people hoping a financial defeat will make Bethesda change their ways may be being too optimistic. If Fallout 76 is a failure, why wouldn't they decide it being part of the Fallout franchise was the problem and never make another Fallout game? Why wouldn't they decide all the limited RPG elements still in the game are the problem and remove RPG elements entirely? Why wouldn't they decide marketing to single-player gamers is the problem because they make higher demands? All of these conclusions would be idiotic and miss the point completely, but if they missed the point when making the game in the first place, why would they get the point now?

Also, complaints about converting content from Fallout 4 into Fallout 76 being over the line are pretty strange considering much of that content is already in Fallout 76. I wouldn't be surprised if the files are literally identical with how much Fallout 76 is built on top of Fallout 4. I find it hard to imagine any way that converting CBBE content over to Fallout 76 crosses a line. Outfit replacers converted would be to replace the identical outfits in Fallout 76. Maybe you could argue modding breaks terms of service, but a site devoted to modding seems an odd place to make that argument.

On a more personal note, I took a break from Fallout 76 due to a sequence of particularly annoying back-to-back bugs screwing me over, which was the straw that broke the camel's back. (I didn't lose all that much but it sure pissed me off.) And after reading about some of the changes made by the recent patch, I'm going to continue staying away from Fallout 76 until Bethesda works all this out.

The recent patch removes or nerfs some things that made the game more tolerable and fun without fixing much of any of the serious problems the game had, AND a good portion of people are now having CTDs when trying to start the game! Don't get me wrong, I still think Fallout 76 isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be, but this is a couple steps in the wrong direction. Increasing the stash limit from 400 to 600 is laughably inadequate when I'm already carrying about 600 weight units of extra stuff I couldn't fit in my stash. Something like a stash limit of 1000 could actually make a difference.

The franchise is better off dead than seeing it suffer in the hands of imbeciles.

Perhaps when Obsidian comes around to making AAA games, they'll make enough to buy the IP off Bethesda. I encourage Todd and Pete to continue to do stupid moves like Fallout 76 so BGS can tank. The quicker TES and FO leave their hands, the better.

Obsidian failed so hard they got bought by Micro$oft so I don't think anything like this will ever happen. On the other hand however, good single player games published by Bethesda, like Dishonored 2, Prey, The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 sold like garbage, only the new Doom was a financial success IIRC. So it doesn't seem to be worth it to cater to the single player crowd when you consider that games like PUBG and now fortnite are raking in the cash like crazy. While being much, MUCH cheaper to produce and maintain.

28 minutes ago, CramHunter said:

So it doesn't seem to be worth it to cater to the single player crowd when you consider that games like PUBG and now fortnite are raking in the cash like crazy.

Good thing the Bethesda suits followed the same logic as you and are breaking sales records with 76. /s

I don't really understand  what is the point of making a new account just to troll in a thread like this.

76 is so bad (by design and execution) that shilling it requites more effort than shilling other bad games. I enjoy reading a good shilling (I'm a linguist by education) but sadly all the shilling I have seen for 76 is as low effort as the game itself.

2 hours ago, Omni said:

Also, complaints about converting content from Fallout 4 into Fallout 76 being over the line are pretty strange considering much of that content is already in Fallout 76. I wouldn't be surprised if the files are literally identical with how much Fallout 76 is built on top of Fallout 4. I find it hard to imagine any way that converting CBBE content over to Fallout 76 crosses a line. Outfit replacers converted would be to replace the identical outfits in Fallout 76. Maybe you could argue modding breaks terms of service, but a site devoted to modding seems an odd place to make that argument.

When Fallout New Vegas was released there was a rash of FO3 mods being converted to work with it.  The people doing it didn't ask the original mod authors if it was okay of if they had plans of their own to do conversions.  These people just took content they didn't make and made it work for another game with basically the same engine.  That same thing happened with FO4 CBBE being adapted to work with FO70shits.  The person who packaged and uploaded the conversion didn't get permission; that means he stole the mod.  And the same argument you're making now was made then.  'The games are similar so what's the difference?'  The difference is the people doing these conversions don't retain creative rights to the content.  They're stealing mods, just like what happened with FO3 and New Vegas.  It was douche bag level wrong then and it is now.

And a mod site not allowing game cracks and asset rips isn't odd in the least.  It's a legal issue and Bethesda is litigious-happy with their threats and DMCA take down notices.  Protecting the site means the site is able to exist unhindered.

1 hour ago, CramHunter said:

Obsidian failed so hard they got bought by Micro$oft so I don't think anything like this will ever happen. On the other hand however, good single player games published by Bethesda, like Dishonored 2, Prey, The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 sold like garbage, only the new Doom was a financial success IIRC. So it doesn't seem to be worth it to cater to the single player crowd when you consider that games like PUBG and now fortnite are raking in the cash like crazy. While being much, MUCH cheaper to produce and maintain.

If Bethesda had never released the creation kit for their games, Bethesda would of tanked a long time ago. If their console version of games were anything like the PC, Bethesda Games Studio would of been out of business.

Archived