Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

7 hours ago, lazaurus said:

I'm not panicking.  Just stating what I see as the inevitable truth.  Once a game studio or franchise goes 'online only', I have yet to see them 'go back' to single player style gameplay; ie Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Fallout 4.

And, the E3 'presentation' claim of a single player or campaign . . .  Most people I've talked to that DO play these 'online' games have said the 'campaign' modes were . . . lacking, to be polite

Actually that is not true. Beth also announced TES VI near the end of the conference. 

I DO hope that it is not an MMO, or something like Miscreated. Miscreated is a good game, have a good point but the gameplay is just "shoot anything that moves", what makes the interaction between players nearly 0. Creating a custom server to play with friends would be GREAT for roleplay tho...
If they do want to make some kind of PVP oriented game, at least i wish that it is optional. THey said that the map is 4 times the one from Fallout 4, is that right? Not big enough for a good MMO...

Also, comparing with Miscreated, the building system of these games... No good spending time creating just to see it all destroyed by some troll players. I say troll players because some side with you just to kill you later and get your stuff. I hate that.

But well, i do like what i see from the trailer, and will make no expectations. When they announced FO4, i thought i would HATE the game, and in the end i liked it a lot. Before seeing any actual gameplay, best not to hype. Hype destroy games more than atom bombs lol

When the expectations are not met, what was an average and funny game becomes a source of pure evil, designed to torture your life with no end xD

This thing is a test to see if they can get the minimum number of users to make this the default game design in the future so if they get those numbers then single player is done for in the future. The only thing I thought was kinda interesting was that blades phone game in the context of what toady was saying it was. He said it was like playing all their old games on your phone well... look at all those old ancient games their interfaces were really clunky and small kind of like a phone screen. That sort of game just might work out for them.

I don't think this new game will last though, the griefers will destroy it just like all others before it and it won't take long thanks to bethesda bugs that will never get fixed. Toady doesn't know what he has going with the unofficial patch team and modders until he has to do without them for once.

For all the people complaining...you do realize the game uses a slightly updated engine that Fallout 4 uses and contains most of the same features that were present in Fallout 4?

You guys do remember that like Skyrim, we should be reaching the point very soon to where we start seeing some ridiculously ambitious mods for Fallout 4?

If you don't want to play an online version of Fallout, just stick with 4. There's still plenty of fun to be had with the game. Hell, that's why most of us are still here today, right? Because we're still playing 4, 3, New Vegas and even the classics 1 and 2. I haven't even finished an entire playthrough of 4 yet and I've owned the game since launch! I should do that...

As for my own personal opinion, I'm excited for 76 but I'm keeping that excitement tempered. It looks fun. I've always wondered what it would be like to roam the wastes with friends and now we're going to finally get to try that. Some things I already love like the C.A.M.P., creatures, environment, locations, music...the game looks beautiful. And of course there are some things that worry me, like will we have to deal with trolls who bring their friends and do nothing but wreak havoc and destroy your camps/settlements. If there is no actual story in this game, I'll definitely lose a great deal of interest. I know Todd mentioned story and quests but I'm just left wondering how the hell they're going to accomplish that with an online only game. The story, characters and environments is what drew me in to Fallout in the first place. Hopefully this game continues to expand on that, rather than just giving us this massive sandbox to run around and shoot people in. Fallout is so much more than that.

https://www.nexusmods.com/elderscrollsonline?tab=popular+(all+time)

ESO does have modding though.  It isn't as expansive as what you'd find in single player games but it does exist.

My biggest problem with the all online thing is that I live in an area where power outages can happen with surprising regularity at certain times of the year.  The battery on my laptop doesn't care about the short outages but any router would.  I doubt Bethesda will allow for any form of offline play with what they are talking about though, so I am not hugely optimistic.

From research and what they posted on Twitter...

Todd said there is gonna be quests. But, its only going to be radiant quests. Radiant quests 100%, no actual story

The only "NPC" will be the overseer...which is a machine and the single only source of "quests"

They said ALL humans will be other players

The quests are going to in fact not be quests, but tasks. To explore an area, to explore, get resources and what not

Its literally rust/fortnite with a fallout skin lol. Not even any quests to do and no storyline, unless you think the radiant "quests" are actual quests lol.

7 hours ago, protocolk said:

I wonder how long untill griefers turn the serveres unplayable with nukes

That's why I absolutely hate MMO ' s . Theyre full of morons ( no disrespect to anyone here who may play it and not saying you're a moron , just saying there WILL be a LOT of morons who play it just to ruin other people's games ' for a laugh ' because that's the nature of MMO's ) . I'm guessing it will also be the Fallout equivalent of Elder Scrolls Online so it was expected I suppose . Good luck to those who want it and I hope you enjoy it , but it's not for me and I just hope Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 don't herald the end of a single player experience like SWTOR did to the KOTOR series .

1 minute ago, myuhinny said:

Tod howard already stated that 76 Will never be offline you will always be online even if you are soloing.

Which is one way they can stop external modding, depending on how frequent and thorough their file audits are. If anyone plays FO76, I'd be really careful to read the TOUS to make sure you don't give them legal permission to access your computer at will.

Modding Vault 76 might be still be possible, even as an online game.

If the game creator can add mods to his world and the other players automatically load those mods too.

But i guess we wont see sex mods on this game.

Perhapes bodyreplacers at maximum. 

Something to think about... not advocating piracy or anything like that but even if someone managed to hack fallout 76 or starfield whatever there still would not be any mods made for it not even the fix mods. This means the games would be play once and throw away like a COD game for lots of people. If the casuals can't hold up these games financially they are done for. Probably the only market for games like fallout 76 is china and asia in general thats it.

2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

It's a spinoff, not Fallout 5.

The point I'm trying to make is, will they go back to the play style of Fallout 3, Fallout NV, and Fallout 4, or will they go/stay all online play style of Fallout 76?

I'd be willing to bet good money, it WILL be the later.

13 hours ago, lordkabal26 said:

Take into consideration this is a spinoff, not a mainline fallout title. This isn't taking the place of Fallout 5 for example.

At this point it's waaaaaaaaay too early to even begin to panic. Wait until after the B.E.T.A. is running and people see how the gameplay is. Trailers rarely ever show the actual gameplay at E3.

My point is that once they go with all 'online' gameplay they won't go back to the gameplay style of TES V & Fallout 4.

5 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Micro-transactions were also in the hidden message.

Then all my hype for this game fell into a dark abyss.

Actually no microtransactions. Here is the quote about it for the Cyberpunk hidden message...

"Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts? Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously."

So no microtransactions and its a singleplayer RPG. The part "Are you nuts?" means they won't do them. 

Unless you mean you like microtransactions and disappointed they'll not be there :P Otherwise they are gonna do it like Witcher 3 from what they said

In any case, Cyberpunk is still a ways off. With no release date, at very earliest its next year, but I'm betting its still at least 2019 before a release. We'll see I guess.

18 minutes ago, lazaurus said:

The point I'm trying to make is, will they go back to the play style of Fallout 3, Fallout NV, and Fallout 4, or will they go/stay all online play style of Fallout 76?

I'd be willing to bet good money, it WILL be the later.

Online games tend to cannibalize their audience because you can only play so many online games. Fallout 76 is an experiment for Bethesda and they'll probably see how well it goes - this doesn't mean that if Fallout 76 is successful every single game after it will be online/multiplayer only. They're trying to get into the market that was very strong before the Battle Royale conquered the mainstream, early access survival crafting basebuilding pvp but this time without the early access and actual PvE content. Games like Rust or DayZ had the potential to be really good games but for devs it's easier to just release such a game in an unfinished state and let the players create their own 'content' which is mindlessly killing each other because there's nothing else to do, really.

Fallout 76 will also probably emphasize on the things that made Fallout 4 good (the explore -> fight -> loot -> craft cycle) and will throw out what Fallout 4 didn't get right (basically anything you'd expect from an actual RPG). For all Bethesda does wrong, they're also doing a lot of good, imo. Especially if you consider that they'll publish games like Dishonored 2 and Prey which don't quite fit in today's market. You just have to understand what kind of product you're buying from them, I still don't understand how people could get mad that Fallout 4 wasn't a proper RPG because that was extremely obvious from the very beginning. You won't be getting any complex RPG from Bethesda because those are not the games they are trying to make.

ok time to clear some salt from the thread - youtube had some dumbass ask Todd Howard about fallout 76 mods and todd said "we are 100% committed to mods, just not at launch"

he also mentioned that when modding is available you'll be able to use mods in a private world - in the same session todd was also asked how they plan to deal with greifing and todd said they are still working on that. todd said they want the other players there to cause drama but don't want them to destroy your world (I personally don't believe the drama can exist without greifing and I don't want drama anyway)

4 minutes ago, Sylandras said:

Actually no microtransactions. Here is the quote about it for the Cyberpunk hidden message...

"Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts? Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously."

So no microtransactions and its a singleplayer RPG. The part "Are you nuts?" means they won't do them. 

Unless you mean you like microtransactions and disappointed they'll not be there :P Otherwise they are gonna do it like Witcher 3 from what they said

In any case, Cyberpunk is still a ways off. With no release date, at very earliest its next year, but I'm betting its still at least 2019 before a release. We'll see I guess.

Yeah we were past that. You need to catch up a bit, see some posts later. :P

Long story short: Dutch website posted the news, then retracted by posting the screenshot of the trailer.

8 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Yeah we were past that. You need to catch up a bit, see some posts later. :P

Long story short: Dutch website posted the news, then retracted by posting the screenshot of the trailer.

Well, thats what I get for posting as soon as I wake up before I have coffee :P

4 minutes ago, Sylandras said:

Well, thats what I get for posting as soon as I wake up before I have coffee :P

Haha.. I have been scorned... more than once... for reading my mails in chronological order (and reacting on them in chronological order) at work.. :)

Archived