Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

I dont know BDO already has taken up a crap ton of my time and having another MMO "cough" survival doo hicky I guess is not gonna be any different. But I did take the whole Saveplayer1# to heart and seeing this made me feel a little let down. Ill just stick with my BDO and for offline my STellaris. I dont really care anymore about beth games unless they in a bargain bin now. TesVI didnt really hype me up and starfield same just empty. Ill wait for cyber punk and Bannerlord. To those who play fallout 76 good on ya stronger stomach than me, gonna go smash Khazarka and Node war with me Witch.

All the hype died when Todd said that it's online game. I will wait for more info, gameplays, etc and then I will decide if it's worth my time and money, but at this point.. Hell nah, I will wait for Fallout Miami and Fallout New California.

The only things that I actually found interesting in Fallou 76 is C.A.M.P and the new area. Nuclear missiles are kinda interesting as well. 

52 minutes ago, Midnight19 said:

76 looked cool until Todd said that it was online only, now it is just a disappointment 

Totally agree. 

I was super hyped for it, I have never been this hyped before, but when he said that it's online only.. I'm disappointed, hype is gone, I just hope that it's not goina to be another shit show like Ark or Rust. If there is going to be option to play completely alone, with nobody in the world with you, then I'm alright, if not - I'm going to pass and wait for FO5. 

On 6/7/2018 at 11:35 PM, Blaze69 said:

This is the problem: even if the game includes a multiplayer component (which we don't know yet, as that "fact" has only come from the leaks as far as I know), it will not be a (MM)ORPG. It's just not going to happen. A 2 people co-op? Maybe up to 4, tops? I can believe that. It will probably be unstable as hell and would have taken Beth a lot of work, but I can believe that. But the engine simply can't handle anything else.

At most, the game would have both a singleplayer mode and a co-op multiplayer mode (co-op may or may not have the same plot/setting/mechanics as singleplayer). But singleplayer will still be the main focus. That's my take.

Amazing. Every single word I said was wrong:classic_mellow:

Guess this means there's no more Fallout for me. Unless they remaster New Vegas or FO4 gets any mod that actually convinces me to buy it, I won't be touching the franchise again for quite a while, it seems. It was good while it lasted, but Beth had to kill it at some point.

2 hours ago, prinyo said:

It has been a sad E3 for me so far. Bioware is dead, Bethesda is dead, CDPR is working on a futuristic GTA. I guess I'm really old.

I mean, Cyberpunk 2077 sounds pretty good, and since it's CDPR we're talking about they will probably deliver a quality product unlike, well, pretty much any other current dev period, so I don't really count it as a downer myself. But yeah, otherwise, this.

4 hours ago, lordkabal26 said:

Take into consideration this is a spinoff, not a mainline fallout title. This isn't taking the place of Fallout 5 for example.

At this point it's waaaaaaaaay too early to even begin to panic. Wait until after the B.E.T.A. is running and people see how the gameplay is. Trailers rarely ever show the actual gameplay at E3.

I'm not panicking.  Just stating what I see as the inevitable truth.  Once a game studio or franchise goes 'online only', I have yet to see them 'go back' to single player style gameplay; ie Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Fallout 4.

And, the E3 'presentation' claim of a single player or campaign . . .  Most people I've talked to that DO play these 'online' games have said the 'campaign' modes were . . . lacking, to be polite

3 hours ago, prinyo said:

It has been a sad E3 for me so far. Bioware is dead, Bethesda is dead, CDPR is working on a futuristic GTA. I guess I'm really old.

I had similar reaction to CP2077 at first, but i wouldn't write it off just yet, after watching the trailer several times the amount of detail is amazing plus it was hinted they are going to show more soon.

Character creation is also confirmed in the hidden message just like the rpg part, actually some of the people shown during the trailer are character classes you can play (they all have the same jacket).

They threw the lore out the window and made some kind of popular sjw playground game eeewwwww. I have never seen so much politics dragged into a product before, when pete said f the nazis he meant anyone that didn't agree with them just like the original nazis said about everyone else. This is bad it will screw up everything and if this kind of crap is at the core of starfield and the next ES game it will be even worse. They haven't even talked about mods yet but since it is online only we know the statement will be CC only what else could they say? they won't let CC die with fallout 4 either of course it will be CC only. Many of those guns shown look like some modders made them like axas or haru anyone else notice that?

Why would a bunch of people living together for twenty five years go out into the wilderness and start killing each other? there is no story just play multiplayer and get to the nukes first. Looks like F4NV is really all we have left for some time and MOAR preston garvey:-(

EDIT

Look at all the take a selfie screen archer crap. this might as well be nexus mods the game if it weren't for online only the whole game would turn into boobiebutts and tactikool.

3 hours ago, Aria said:

I had similar reaction to CP2077 at first, but i wouldn't write it off just yet.

Yep, I'm not writing it off yet. But I'm cautiously curious instead of happily optimistic now.  Bethesda happened while I was still meditating over the trailer and now I'm just depressed. 

After 3 years of waiting BGS shows an MP game and a mobile game. BGS! After 3 years! 

And the two fan-service fake teasers at the end. "Dovahkiin, dovahkiin ..." as a soundrtack for TES6... What? 

Edit: /r/teslore says the music is legit

I hate multiplayer games. They take out all the fun because 90% of people play them for the wrong reasons. The biggest reason why I hate multiplayer is that it's always uneven in terms of skill v.s. investment of time... I have 1 hour per day to game (and not every day at that) and you always go up against unemployed players and kids that spend 10 hours a day... overpowering you because they had all the time in the world to build and fortify their settlements, do resource mining, grinding, etc..

So nobody mentioned it yet.... but micro-transactions will be needed to keep this game fair..

Take settlement building and this uneven disadvantage (who ever has more time to play wins) and this will suck and bomb and fail... because if you want to keep your settlement and not have other players ruin it, you'll most likely will have to do a lot of micro-transactions to get the items and resources you need. I can see it now:

"Shipment of Steel (25) - 25 $cents"

The Multiplayer market is already over saturated to begin with, which should be reason enough not to do this.

I REALLY hate haters, and I really don't consider myself one.

But this is just.. expected and sucky.

Bethesda wanting to make as much money as they can by choosing the MP route...

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I mean, Cyberpunk 2077 sounds pretty good, and since it's CDPR we're talking about they will probably deliver a quality product unlike, well, pretty much any other current dev period, so I don't really count it as a downer myself. But yeah, otherwise, this.

That's probably the one good thing I heard.

FO76 will have no external mods at all. :classic_rolleyes: Yeah, that ought to sell well. If it breaks even in terms of initial sales, much less turns any profit, I'll be shocked and dismayed at the sheep-like demeanor of the current generation of gamers.

3 hours ago, Aria said:

I had similar reaction to CP2077 at first, but i wouldn't write it off just yet, after watching the trailer several times the amount of detail is amazing plus it was hinted they are going to show more soon.

Character creation is also confirmed in the hidden message just like the rpg part, actually some of the people shown during the trailer are character classes you can play (they all have the same jacket).

Micro-transactions were also in the hidden message.

Then all my hype for this game fell into a dark abyss.

3 hours ago, prinyo said:

Yep, I'm not writing it off yet. But I'm cautiously curious instead of happily optimistic now.  Bethesda happened while I was still meditating over the trailer and now I'm just depressed. 

After 3 years of waiting BGS shows an MP game and a mobile game. BGS! After 3 years! 

And the two fan-service fake teasers at the end. "Dovahkiin, dovahkiin ..." as a soundrtack for TES6... What? 

Spoiler

4 hours ago, prinyo said:

Honestly, i was expecting nothing from BGS, so i felt pretty indifferent during their conference.

They always follow the trends of the masses so not surprising at all.

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

Micro-transactions were also in the hidden message.

Then all my hype for this game fell into a dark abyss.

Wait what, where?

In QA it says: Microtransactions?

"In a single-player role playing game? Are you Nuts?" doesnt translate to me as  "we are adding microtransactions".

32 minutes ago, Aria said:

Honestly, i was expecting nothing from BGS, so i felt pretty indifferent during their conference.

They always follow the trends of the masses so not surprising at all.

Wait what, where?

In QA it says: Microtransactions?

"In a single-player role playing game? Are you Nuts?" doesnt translate to me as  "we are adding microtransactions".

Yes the news was recanted here on the dutch website I had as source.

So the excitement's coming back to me. :)

Screengrab of the trailer:

DfXb_jIUYAAq0BZ.thumb.jpg.83d316b5169ecde1cebb9c004a4a7887.jpg

I know it's way WAY too early to talk anything about it, but does anyone here think there will be possibility for making an offline mod (if Bethesda won't have one) for Fallout 76?

Annnnnnd I really like to make a joke about this game will be so buggy, and the worst bug is it's an online game and modder have to fix it for BGS again (don't hit me)

23 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Yes the news was recanted here on the dutch website I had as source.

So the excitement's coming back to me. :)

You got me scared there for a moment that i missed something :P

Archived