Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

It's an MMO. Enough said.

It'll start out "new and cool", and might even grab the attention of some RPG gamers by virtue of being tagged with the Fallout name. For a few minutes anyway. Just like with ESO. All the RPG gamers left once they realized it wasn't an RPG.

So take note now.... this will NOT be an RPG.

It's Bethesda's rendition of Conan Exiles. But with guns and bombs.

If it has an offline/private server mode like CE does, then some RPG gamers might get into it enough to stick around for a while. At least until they realize they're paying a subscription to play their preferred way LOL

Trykz

My biggest issue is how the nukes are used. It looks like a mass griefing tool at the moment, and without knowing more details about it, it currently sounds like a machanic that discourages base building. On the other hand dedicated servers with mod support means LL Orgy server XD.

3 minutes ago, Irrational said:

My biggest issue is how the nukes are used. It looks like a mass griefing tool at the moment, and without knowing more details about it, it currently sounds like a machanic that discourages base building. On the other hand dedicated servers with mod support means LL Orgy server XD.

It's gonna be chaotic when the griefers use that and the overpower armor suits

About the promise of "private server" and mods. This is still going to be a shell of a game - no NPCs, no dealogue, no story, fetch quest / tasks. It is still also going to be an online live service game with updates and changes to the game and the scripts. 

I believe they are doing damage control with this promise, but if indeed they deliver on it it's not clear if it would be worth it to invest time and money into it.

58 minutes ago, prinyo said:

About the promise of "private server" and mods. This is still going to be a shell of a game - no NPCs, no dealogue, no story, fetch quest / tasks. It is still also going to be an online live service game with updates and changes to the game and the scripts. 

I believe they are doing damage control with this promise, but if indeed they deliver on it it's not clear if it would be worth it to invest time and money into it.

What? first buy the game (about 60 euros or dollars), then still rent a private server (about 10 euros or dollars in the month) just to use a few free mods.
that to me is an addiction to a game (company), that can not be healthy.
Bethesda for me is dead and buried. :classic_wink:

No vats (how can they do vats online)... online only (if you lose connection does the game just stop? when in single player)... CC shoved in my face (10 dollars on worthless crap i could get for free on nexus)... probably not as mod friendly as fallout 4 . I'm not having my hopes up for this or TES6. 

During E3 I had several reactions, It could be cool, then they announced Beth servers and I went hell no!, Then I watched the interview and he confirmed private servers mods and VATS, and went "LL SERVER!!!!!!!!".

I will buy, but only after mods and private servers

Good news guys! I did extensive research before E3 using what Im learning In college as an information scientist (not computers, information as data, intel) And previewed many things about fallout 76 right from searching, some were only revealed in the interview with todd after the presentation and I have some great news!

LIKE ALWAYS TAKE THEM WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, MOST COMES FROM READING HUNDREDS OF PAGES, LOGS, ETC AND WHILE iM CERTAIN OF MOST FONTS I ANT SAY IT ABOUT ALL.

Aparently bethesda didnt go full dark side yet and since they know most of their "real fans" are pc users and modders they will keep free modding and focus on milking the new console fans instead.

Now the intel I gathered, pc players wont have to pay for their servers, they know people will find a way to bypass it si they wont try, console private servers may be paid with "security and company regulation ""IMPOSITION""" as an excuse.

The change in bethesda is nescessary, the game will be used to milk console players (the majority of players from fallout 4 and SSE play from consoles) for cash so Zenimax can leave BGS alone so its an nescessary evil.

There will be non CC mods for PC, console not confirmed, They arte counting with modders to fix their screw ups.

There wont be human npcs from beth, but they can be created In the modding tool ad they believe modders will do things like quests, and something like (Sim settlements for them)

Just now, protocolk said:

The change in bethesda is nescessary, the game will be used to milk console players (the majority of players from fallout 4 and SSE play from consoles) for cash so Zenimax can leave BGS alone so its an nescessary evil.

Taking advantage of ignorance and borderline stupidity on one front while also remaining on good terms with the third parties that improve your titles free of charge while also making a profit on their near free if not free labor is a good idea. A bit manipulative and despicable, but not a bad strategy business wise. The ends justify the means I suppose, that's assuming that they actually care about the morality of it all. Not a bad bit of speculation.

I'm making the choice to ignore all and any threads and comments on this game until after I have had a chance to actually play the damn game for myself. And only then will I pass judgment one way or the other.

I did the same thing with ESO. I tried the beta for a week, then never went back to it at all. Underwhelmed.

My advice, for what it's worth (nothing), is to wait for the code to be on your PC.

I just don't see how a world with just monsters and real people running around can be fun, without NPC's all missions will be or fetch or kill something, this will get bored soon, then i think it will be like gta online, a huge mess of people killing each other without any good reason, hacker/cheaters everywhere and people yelling at the mic and asking why you are a guy playing with a female character, after sometime bethesda will release vault-tec cards so you can build a nice city of dreams and a lot of CC crap.

They will have to accept mods eventually yes, but i don't know how this will work out... Again, no NPC, just a world full of monsters...

What i think is good on this? We sure will rip some new models for FO4 :)

2 hours ago, winny257 said:

What? first buy the game (about 60 euros or dollars), then still rent a private server (about 10 euros or dollars in the month) just to use a few free mods.
that to me is an addiction to a game (company), that can not be healthy.
Bethesda for me is dead and buried. :classic_wink:

Going to agree here never was a huge fallout fan but on-line only makes it a deal breaker for me. Like others stated it is to control content and reap the rewards..... Of course there is always "Blades" for your phone lol... 

Well, to each their own.  If you like online style games, more power to you.  They do help in the fight on terrorism.  No really, online gaming is monitored just as closely and heavily as social media is.  During the Obama admin. two of the bigger terror tip-offs were received via online gaming monitoring.

I know the extent of said monitoring.  At least the point where it was when I told them to stuff it and left, taking my best code with me.

That is the reason I will NOT play online games nor will I use social media, now or for any foreseeable future. 

11 hours ago, nightwing100 said:

I know it's way WAY too early to talk anything about it, but does anyone here think there will be possibility for making an offline mod (if Bethesda won't have one) for Fallout 76?

Annnnnnd I really like to make a joke about this game will be so buggy, and the worst bug is it's an online game and modder have to fix it for BGS again (don't hit me)

Well, this game has nothing to do if you don't play online, so why would you like to play offline?

This game has no NPC, no quests, no towns, no plot, no nothing... And, of course, it will not have any kind of suport for mods outside Creation Club.

5 minutes ago, OPdelta said:

Well, this game has nothing to do if you don't play online, so why would you like to play offline?

This game has no NPC, no quests, no towns, no plot, no nothing... And, of course, it will not have any kind of suport for mods outside Creation Club.

I don't know? Maybe someone can make bots for it?

it's very very VERY unlikely I know but I don't want to underestimate our modding community just yet.

Credit where credit is due -  V76 is a result of BGS actually listening to our feedback and fixing the problems in FO4 we were complaining about. 

Some examples:

1. Why do you sell mictotransactions in a SP game - fixed - the game is now MP

2. The dialogue options are bad - fixed - no more dialogue options

3. The settler's AI is a bit flaky - fixed - no more settlers

4. The factions are not fully fleshed out - fixed - no more factions

5. Preston is annoying - fixed - no more NPCs

6. The story is not so good - fixed - "make your own story"

Added: /s

Archived