Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

Am I missing something?  Do the consoles get record locked on the amount allowed even for ESPs?  The point I was getting at was that previous versions of the Creation Engine were locked into 32-bit due to console limitations. Now that consoles are natively 64-bit, I expect FO76 to be 64-bit enabled out of the box. 

23 hours ago, Evilynn said:

No, I get that... I just don't know if your hypothesis is correct.

I'm a developer and I work with developers... I did a survey of the developers that sit near me.

Of the 14 I sit near:

I play on the PC and mod

(A) plays on the PC and mods

(B) plays on PC, and only starting modding after I introduced it to her.

(C) plays on PC and doesn't mod.

(D) plays on the PS4 and "mods" (is PS4 modding really modding? no scripts at all last I heard)

(E) plays on the the PS4 and doesn't mod.

(F) plays on the Xbox and doesn't mod.

(G) plays on the PS4 and doesn't mod.

(H) through (L) own Skyrim either on the PS4 or XBox, but none have modded it, and haven't played it in years.

(M) and (N) Don't own Skyrim.

Keep in mind, these are developers that already have a gaming pc (except for two that don't even dual boot to windows), and all have the technical knowledge to easily mod... heh, all of them could even create mods if they wanted to. They code 40-50 hours a week already.

This is an extremely small sample, so it could be completely wrong in every way... but...

1) Most still only own Skyrim on a console.

2) Only half of the PC players mod - depending on how you count the girl I introduced to Frostfall and Ordinator.

From your comments these are people that use mods. The biggest thing with the mods available from Bethesda's site (paid or unpaid) all of these were made by PC players. If they go strictly to paid mods and disable the ability for people on PC to play mods independently (such as in a single player mode) then they will have very few modders creating anything for them. Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, FO3 and FONV all still sell on PC because of mods as I doubt many who purchase them would do so if there were no mods for them. Putting any limits on PC modding will strangle Bethesda's source for sellable content unless they want to make it all themselves.

If all of the rumors are true (even half of them) then I won't be buying it. I don't play multiplayer games, if Transfer Settlements didn't exist for FO4 then they would all be on their own and if I was restricted to just what is on Bethesda's site I certainly would not still be playing and would not have played for nearly as long as I have.

They are doing the equivalent of " hold my beer and watch this "

you would think if they were going to ban external mods they would be contacting the nexus to tell them they can't host mods for the new game - I think the "leaker" doesn't have a clear idea of what is going on. I think the mods you get through the game will only be CC mods, not Bethesda.net AND LL, nexus, and other sites will still be allowed to host mods for the new game

what kind of mod support the game will have is more of a management decision so "leakers" may not be fully aware of the details - we'll have to wait for e3 to find out for sure though

After fallout 4 which I per-ordered (worst mistake of my life) I have to recommend that peeps hold off buying any beth game til a review is out from those wildcard reviewers like Jim Sterling, Yahtzee, or someone else you trust. I have this awful feeling that the game is going to be similar in terms of how fallout 4 came out. But that is my opinion.

4 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

no external mods ?? how is bugthesda building a stable game then ?? allot of external mods are build to getting rid of the bugs they build themselfs. I am sure those console players will be happy with an unstable game by bugthesda,

That's the Future of the new Bethesda Games Generation!
look to the horizon and wait for what is coming. :classic_laugh:

look_over_the_horizon_by_wildfox76-d7kmu

12 hours ago, tazdotnet said:

I think the mods you get through the game will only be CC mods, not Bethesda.net AND LL, nexus, and other sites will still be allowed to host mods for the new game

That doesn't make any sense. If they're going to force folks to use mods they themselves create, it would be easier just to go with the CC or BethNet rather than allow other sites to host them as well.

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That doesn't make any sense. If they're going to force folks to use mods they themselves create, it would be easier just to go with the CC or BethNet rather than allow other sites to host them as well.

still a very important point, if Beth, that free modding not allowed, where around heaven's will, should one upload free mods?
I do not believe on Nexus or LL, Bethesda will not tolerate this. :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I think the point there was that they would scrap Beth.Net altogether and only have CC (aka paid) mods integrated into the game with the mods option in the main menu and stuff, but non-CC mods could still be loaded from outside the game like they always have before Beth.net became a thing (i.e. via the Launcher or a mod manager).

That would kinda make sense because console players would have to pay if they want any kind of mods period, but PC users would be free to get them from elsewhere as they always have. I mean, even if they tried to lock mods into CC-only on all platforms, someone would eventually figure out a way to load external mods into the game. Why bother trying to beat the PC community when you can simply let them be and instead focus on fleecing console players out of daddy's credit card their money?

Then again, it's Beth we're talking about, so anything can happen.

43 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I think the point there was that they would scrap Beth.Net altogether and only have CC (aka paid) mods integrated into the game with the mods option in the main menu and stuff, but non-CC mods could still be loaded from outside the game like they always have before Beth.net became a thing (i.e. via the Launcher or a mod manager).

That would kinda make sense because console players would have to pay if they want any kind of mods period, but PC users would be free to get them from elsewhere as they always have. I mean, even if they tried to lock mods into CC-only on all platforms, someone would eventually figure out a way to load external mods into the game. Why bother trying to beat the PC community when you can simply let them be and instead focus on fleecing console players out of daddy's credit card their money?

Then again, it's Beth we're talking about, so anything can happen.

that believe you however not yourself!
the free modding was with the introduction of the pay mods and the indignation about it, always for Beth a thorn in the eye, therefore had to Beth this very fast withdraw.
but it kept bubbling in Beth, bang CC appeared and now hardly indignation, the people were satisfied.
and one thing is 100% sure, if Beth does not allow free modding, then there will be no free mods (also for PC). :classic_wink:

42 minutes ago, winny257 said:

that believe you however not yourself!

I... I honestly have no idea what you tried to say here. You should really find a better translator.

While we are at it, I don't know what program you use, but it must be pretty bad since all of the sentences come out with German structures instead of proper English ones. The few times I've tried to translate from German to English, the result in English had the proper order and structure most of the time, so I don't understand why your posts are always wrong on that aspect.

(sorry for the off-topic)

the free modding was with the introduction of the pay mods and the indignation about it, always for Beth a thorn in the eye, therefore had to Beth this very fast withdraw.

They actually didn't remove them, it was Steam that took it down because they seemed to actually care about all the bad PR they were getting. Beth just took the chance to set up their own platform (Beth.net) so they wouldn't have to deal with Steam as the middle man in all of it.

and one thing is 100% sure, if Beth does not allow free modding, then there will be no free mods (also for PC). :classic_wink:

There's plenty of games that are not supposed to have mods but people have created them. Taking into account the fact that the Gamebryo/Creation engine has built-in mod support by default, even if Beth tries to lock external mods I'm sure someone would figure out how to bypass it.

Besides, why would they do it? They can simply lock the consoles into CC only mods (so no more Beth.net) while still leaving PC the way it has always been. Console players willingly pay up for the CC stuff (so they make money) while PC users continue buying the game long after the release for the free mods and may also buy CC mods as well, and as a bonus the backlash that would happen in the PC community if they removed free mods is prevented. Win-win.

I really don't see why they would do that unless they are greedy enough to lose a lot of long-term game sales in exchange for some short-tem profit due to CC. But because unfortunately they very well may be, I said that "anything can happen" bit.

according to the "leaker" the reasons for getting rid of free mods are: stolen content and adult mods

both of these issues are problems on Bethesda.net but if they do ban free mods on pc I won't buy the game - considering that I bought the season pass early and liked the settlement system even if the story was shit I was satisfied with fallout 4

if I am upset enough to not buy the game, the drama from pc gamers will make the steam paid modding disaster look like a good day at the office

11 minutes ago, tazdotnet said:

according to the "leaker" the reasons for getting rid of free mods are: stolen content and adult mods

Someone was speculating that was only the reason they would state to save face, but the real reason was probably that the multiplayer component would probably become a bugfest when coupled with mods so they would only allow CC mods which would have been tested and verified to not brick the game or something like that.

But I'll say the same I did in my previous post about it: raging on Beth for something that is mere speculation and "leaks" doesn't really make sense. Better to wait until the official reveal and then react accordingly. If they confirm no "free" mods are allowed even for PC and the only additions have to come from CC, then sure, I'll be the first one to bring out the torches and pitchforks. Until then, we should simply wait.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:
Spoiler

I... I honestly have no idea what you tried to say here. You should really find a better translator.

While we are at it, I don't know what program you use, but it must be pretty bad since all of the sentences come out with German structures instead of proper English ones. The few times I've tried to translate from German to English, the result in English had the proper order and structure most of the time, so I don't understand why your posts are always wrong on that aspect.

(sorry for the off-topic)

They actually didn't remove them, it was Steam that took it down because they seemed to actually care about all the bad PR they were getting. Beth just took the chance to set up their own platform (Beth.net) so they wouldn't have to deal with Steam as the middle man in all of it.

There's plenty of games that are not supposed to have mods but people have created them. Taking into account the fact that the Gamebryo/Creation engine has built-in mod support by default, even if Beth tries to lock external mods I'm sure someone would figure out how to bypass it.

Besides, why would they do it? They can simply lock the consoles into CC only mods (so no more Beth.net) while still leaving PC the way it has always been. Console players willingly pay up for the CC stuff (so they make money) while PC users continue buying the game long after the release for the free mods and may also buy CC mods as well, and as a bonus the backlash that would happen in the PC community if they removed free mods is prevented. Win-win.

I really don't see why they would do that unless they are greedy enough to lose a lot of long-term game sales in exchange for some short-tem profit due to CC. But because unfortunately they very well may be, I said that "anything can happen" bit.

Sorry, I use Google Translate. :classic_smile:

consider once self, this game is expected to be an online RPG, with focus multiplayer, you can not play it in offline mode. 
I do not know on which platform, whether over Steam (which I doubt) or about Beth's own or another one.
as you say yourself, Beth wants to sell Mods and give away nothing (This also applies to PCs)!
if there are modders who offer their mods free, then I wonder what do you want to do with it?
to install in an online game, that completely supervised becomes!
what do you think will happen then, if they do not discover allowed mods? 
I tell you what happens, *and here I speak from my own experience*, They become quite simple lock your account! :classic_wink:

remember when they said fallout 4 was gonna be locked at 30 FPS and later they had to clarify that it was consoles they were talking about, pc was just like always no lock on FPS or resolution - I think this "no free mods" thing is like that, Bethesda not being clear on what they mean

23 minutes ago, winny257 said:

consider once self, this game is expected to be an online RPG, with focus multiplayer, you can not play it in offline mode. 

This is the problem: even if the game includes a multiplayer component (which we don't know yet, as that "fact" has only come from the leaks as far as I know), it will not be a (MM)ORPG. It's just not going to happen. A 2 people co-op? Maybe up to 4, tops? I can believe that. It will probably be unstable as hell and would have taken Beth a lot of work, but I can believe that. But the engine simply can't handle anything else.

At most, the game would have both a singleplayer mode and a co-op multiplayer mode (co-op may or may not have the same plot/setting/mechanics as singleplayer). But singleplayer will still be the main focus. That's my take.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

This is the problem: even if the game includes a multiplayer component (which we don't know yet, as that "fact" has only come from the leaks as far as I know), it will not be a (MM)ORPG. It's just not going to happen. A 2 people co-op? Maybe up to 4, tops? I can believe that. It will probably be unstable as hell and would have taken Beth a lot of work, but I can believe that. But the engine simply can't handle anything else.

At most, the game would have both a singleplayer mode and a co-op multiplayer mode (co-op may or may not have the same plot/setting/mechanics as singleplayer). But singleplayer will still be the main focus. That's my take.

according to my findings (speculative) becomes Fallout 76 to be like Conan Exiles, rebuilding the world, crafting, house building.
but now it comes why multiplayer, defense of your objects, against mutants but also ****Attacks by enemy PLAYERS****! :classic_smile:

15 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

And that's why I hate MMOs, co-op shooters, and other online games. :classic_tongue:

Agreed!

I´ve had a great year in World of Warcraft short after it´s lauch in about 2005 or so...

But after a wonderful period of great gaming and enjoying...

The amount of, what I like to call "hate kiddies" started growing...

The developers released so beautiful new worlds to discover...

...so wonderful things to see...

...so much envoirement to enjoy...

...But all you fucking did was defend yourself agains motherf*****g kiddies at the age of twelve, ganking you all the time!

I still tried to play WoW for a second year, but lost all my enjoyment...

...since then I never touched a online game again,

and that´s for more than ten years now

And I swear, I´ll never buy a game, that has no single player!

Not to mention that some people worked for days or even weeks to build their Settlement up.Imagine some, if not all gets destroyed/or belongs to another Player/Faction.

On a Sidenote:Im really curious which Currency they will use and if theres more then one.

Not to mention if there will be Pipe Weapons and legendary Weapons/Armor.
And of course , if Power Armor Training is required  to wear one , or not.
But i guess these Answers will be revealed when the game is finally out .Not on E3.

If anything 76 will likely be watered down even further considering Bethesda's track record with game production. Not really expecting too much from them at this point. I'll just wait until the reviews start coming out and there's some substantial gameplay footage before I even contemplate purchasing it. If it's Co-op, pvp, or some bastardized battle royale in the end I'll just end up steering clear of it. There's a lot of opportunity here to tell a decent and compelling story so soon after the Great War, but the addition of multiplayer elements would in most cases hinder the implementation of that in my opinion. Not to mention what little remained of the RPG elements will likely go down the drain.

If they're primarily developing for the multiplayer aspect of the game then the single player portion will mostly seem stapled on and hollow. Guess only time will tell what this will develop into.

Archived