Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

Getting nuked by some random schmuck just because he can doesn't sound like much fun for me. Especially if you've spent some time building a settlement and such. Then again, I'm completely averse to anything multiplayer. I do think the world looks pretty.

4 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

Getting nuked by some random schmuck just because he can doesn't sound like much fun for me. Especially if you've spent some time building a settlement and such. Then again, I'm completely averse to anything multiplayer. I do think the world looks pretty.

If you were on my server I'd probably be the random schmuck nuking you knowing me :P

4 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

BGS pretty much missed the mark in a lot of ways with this game.  It could potentially be interesting, but the die hards don't want a game where we're ganked while just trying to enjoy the fucking game.  There's nothing fun about that.  The nukes really do have me worried beyond belief.

Eh, was kind of let down.

Thought the online idea sounded neat, was thinking something like Elder Scrolls Online, but then they announced the whole base building and defending and players killing each other, and then it became clear that it was just going to be an online survival simulator, not an ESO style game.

So yeah, not interested anymore.

no mods (unofficial at least), it's online only as Todd said. You can play solo if you want, I mean Solo Vs. Team doesn't sound really fun to me...

I don't see myself spending as much time into it as I did (and still do) for Fallout 4 but why not give it a try.

Amen, Bethesda just screwed the modding community!  Just because they can't make an AI smarter than a rotten stump, they decide to make a Fallout version of ESO.  Sure they'll 'allow' mods, only their 'approved' mods!

Oh well, the Fallout series was fun while it lasted.  Now, it's DEAD!

"When I cry, the Internet bleeds"

"F*CK  Nazis" then a player using a MG42 type in fallout 76....
I get totally hyped with the trailer on the Xbox E3 thinking this is gonna be a rich story something like S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Now i just wanna wait for Starfield and TESVI

In my humble opinion i'm not gonna buy it if dont explain more about the SP mode.

2 minutes ago, Veniat said:

If you were on my server I'd probably be the random schmuck nuking you knowing me :P

I thought as much ^^

Ah well, who knows. A lot of the old BGS userbase is simply used to taking their own time and being safe from online harassment and stuff, so if they want to win those over, it's possible they'll work on some measures to prevent rage-quitting.

There is a lot left to be said.  Conan Exiles is an example of an MMO that allows modding.  GTA also allows modding in single player in its online game.  I think that most of us will want to see footage from the BETA before spending any money on it.  Until then though it could still have plenty of potential.

no remasters of Fallout 3 or New Vegas as mentioned. I guess till next E3 :/ 

I got mixed feelings about 76, I don't know if I will get it. I'll just wait till it's out in November this year for gameplay footage, reviews.

14 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

There is a lot left to be said.  Conan Exiles is an example of an MMO that allows modding.  GTA also allows modding in single player in its online game.  I think that most of us will want to see footage from the BETA before spending any money on it.  Until then though it could still have plenty of potential.

I have Exiles; It's not much of a game solo but it's pretty amazing as a multi player role playing game if you get on a server set up for it.  On the other hand,  I don't see role playing a character in Fallout76 as all that interesting since all the player characters will be from the same vault for the last twenty years and know each other pretty well.  I suppose some tension of who was screwing whose spouse.

Not going to write off BGS just yet but probably will their Fallout.

I'm an old Fallout vet so this post may sound like an old grouch complaining. I have followed and enjoyed the series since the first one was released back in '97. I believe I've been more accepting than my fellow Fallot vets regarding BGS's version of Fallout. I liked Fallout 3 for what it was and still play it today and of course I do love New Vegas even though that wasn't BGS. Fallout 4, on the other hand, I didn't enjoy too much. I had far more disappointments with F4 than any other Fallout (well except for Fallout: BOS for the PS2). No, I'm not going to go over what I did and didn't like about F4, many others have covered that since F4 was released and I agree with most of the dislikes.

Have to say with what we've heard and seen with F76 so far I think I won't even bother, it'll probably be the second Fallout game I won't own, first being that abomination for the PS2.

I feel it now, what the other Fallout vets started to feel when BGS took over Fallout and started their version. It took me longer to feel it, to see it because I was more accepting and let some things slide but now I see the franchise I've followed, I've loved for years turn into something completely different in the worst way possible. Now not even a shadow of the series that once was, twisted and perverted into something unrecognizable now. I feel it now, my Fallout vets who were disgusted with BGS's version of Fallout long before I was, I understand and feel it now....

....and it fucking hurts.

/old grouch

Like I said though, not writing off BGS just yet. I'm curious about Starfield, I love space-based games whether a simulation (X-series and the like) or grand space-adventure (Mass Effect-ish) so I am rather interested in what Starfield is going to offer. Suppose we'll find out more next year.

14 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

When yer looking forward to a mobile game and Rage 2 of all things over a fallout game, says it all :3

Looks pretty as hell though, and I'll prolly buy it anyways just to derp around wi' the sidekicks.

ESVI floored me though, wasn't expecting any acknowledgment that existed for forever and a day

I was kind of expecting them to say SOMETHING about TES 6, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised. Does anybody know where that might be judging from the landscape they showed?

Hopefully THAT doesn't turn out to be another MMO.. fuck no.

Archived