Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

39 minutes ago, Vault-Meat said:

Fallout 76 is a new online version of fallout that we can play with friends?! Who is stoked, and who wants to play with me?! I'm fun :3

Can we? Tod presentation was odd - he was saying we will never see the server so how on the heck do you match up with people?

1 minute ago, RJLbwb said:

Can we? Tod presentation was odd - he was saying we will never see the server so how on the heck do you match up with people?

That's right he did say that but he also said you could play with friends if you want, also that your world would overlap with others...

He said 12 people.

Also you could play it single player...Still no mention of mods for any title.

Assuming you can play COMPLETELY solo/Offline and there is mod support or acknowledgment that only this but NOT future titles will not have mod support i'm hyped as fuck(for the former) till i know that...back to other things i supposed.

It's not an MMORPG like Elder Scrolls Online, it's a multiplayer online survival crafting thing like Rust or DayZ but with a heavy emphasis on PvE, unlike those two mentioned earlier. Most games of this type suffer from a lack of meaningful PvE content so most players simply kill each other all the time. I'm pretty interested to see how this turns out especially because you won't lose your progress when you die which will discourage mindless griefing. No free modding because this game will probably have some sort of megaserver structure and no server selection, you'll probably simply pick your general region like EU or US and get thrown into the game.

You might dislike the fact that this game won't feature modding, but consider the fact that the modding scene for Fallout 4 is still far away from the standard we have in Skyrim. Splitting the much smaller modding community for the Fallout series between two games would probably slow down things even further.

8 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

That's right he did say that but he also said you could play with friends if you want, also that your world would overlap with others...

He said 12 people.

Also you could play it single player...Still no mention of mods for any title.

Well twelve people will keep the 'tard factor down, so that's a plus.

And the mods, yes, is Besheba silly enough to try and forcefully Disneyfying because you know otherwise Fallout76 going to be nothing but non stop player on player capture and rape fantasies.

I'm actually more interested because it takes place in West Virginia, since I've lived there and visit frequently.

I have no interest in multi-player; I'm getting old and my reflexes are slow.  Exploring might be entertaining,

but I have no enthusiasm for it as a 'Fallout' title, and if I want to build things I'll open my toolbox or buy some

Legos.

As usual, the people who don't pass on the game won't be as upset about those passing on it as those passing on it are upset by people not passing on it...

Seeing it is a MMO, I hope its a good one. Surely there can better than the current ones about.

32 minutes ago, QuietPippin said:

If there are no external mods

i'm passing on the game

I agree, and one other thing and I know I will get hate for it, but I want my character to talk. I really dont care to read the lines. My third thing was being able to play as a girl. But they showed people playing as a girl. :)

I an mmo player, from the days of Star Wars Galaxies to Secret World Legends. And while I have my three things that 76 needs to have. There is one more, no forced pvp. I dont like nor do a lot of my friends. I dont want to be searching a house minding my own business have someone gank my ass.  

14 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

i'm betting on a "aliens colonial marines"/"no mans sky" style bait and switch, the real truth will only be known after release day (or when it's too late to cancel a preorder)

Answer to that is do not pre-order, sit and wait till you can find out if it is what you want, I pretty much never pre-order any game, in fact I usually wait 1-2 years before buying the game so that any bug's other crap can be sorted out before I spend money on it.

3 hours ago, lazaurus said:

As far as I'm concerned, the Fallout series just died.  All because they can't make an AI smarter than a rotten log.  Well that and the fact they want to control the mods.

See how Bethesda screws the modding community!

Take into consideration this is a spinoff, not a mainline fallout title. This isn't taking the place of Fallout 5 for example.

At this point it's waaaaaaaaay too early to even begin to panic. Wait until after the B.E.T.A. is running and people see how the gameplay is. Trailers rarely ever show the actual gameplay at E3.

4 hours ago, Carreau said:

BGS pretty much missed the mark in a lot of ways with this game.  It could potentially be interesting, but the die hards don't want a game where we're ganked while just trying to enjoy the fucking game.  There's nothing fun about that.  The nukes really do have me worried beyond belief.

I mean the people I play with enjoy fallout games for single player, but this game has us highly intrigued due to the online gameplay and the nukes. I think we're planning on hunting griefers since we all also enjoy pvp aspects having played Rust, Hurtworld, and Ark. I just hope they get a solution that permits the full modding capability that we're used to seeing from a bethesda game otherwise many bugs will remain unfixed.

Not my cup of tea. I hope people have fun with it, but it seems to me, that if focuses on the aspects of FO4 I wasn't even remotely fond of (basebuilding...), so I will sit this one out.

And "choices matter" in an online/mmo game is pretty much not possible. Anyone who has ever played Star WOW (also known as SWTOR) can tell you the story of being severely disappointed with that aspect.

In regards to modding: maybe exchange of some assets will be possible (it is still the same engine judging by the footage and Bethesdas obsession to cling on to ancient engines), but quests and stuff like that will be out of the question I guess.

And for the far off future (3 years? 4 if you're lucky...): Damn, they shut down the servers...

Archived