10 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

@ anyone knowledgeable on the civil war stuff in skyrim

I'm trying to add licence discounts based on your faction ranks. Currently I have the mages guild and companions set up for a discount based on your faction rank but the civil war factions don't appear to have any ranks so I'm now looking through quest stages but it looks like the campaign reuses some generic template type quest a few times (capture the fort etc) so getting quest stages would be tricky. Any ideas on how to get some kind of idea on where you are progress wise?

I think the best quest to track for Civil War progress may be CWObj (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Reunification_of_Skyrim / https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Liberation_of_Skyrim).  Might only be able to use a few quest stages reliably since the whole quest line is a mess of radiant and reused quests (and loves to break mods that don't make the special effort to accommodate the changes it can make to holds, which is why I avoid progressing it very far anymore).

Some steps that IMO may be generally safe to use:

- Join a faction (could detect if the player has one of the factions?)

- completed Battle for Whiterun (prerequisite for CWObj, so may just be able to detect if CWObj is in progress)

- completed the Civil War questline (Quest complete/stage 255 complete).

2 hours ago, unmog said:

You can bring your horse in the city? No ya cant... can ya? I mean maybe with a mod like the one that makes all the cities "outside". I guess I've never really tried cheesing a way to get my horse in. Maybe using the horse ID to move it inside once you go through the gates... but maybe Im missing something~

I can't in my current setup as far as I am aware anyway (without console), but I know there are some mods that do let it happen.

Was mostly just commenting on the storing your things outside the city to avoid confiscation being a thing that the mod links to in Hunterborn caches, less safely than corpses or horses I think, not sure how they count for the stash system cause I've never thought of doing so. That said storing stuff you don't want to lose outside is not the same as being able to bring it inside to where the shops are.

I feel like a lot of the issues people have with the tolls and guards or follower equipment contraband and what not are not really an issue considering that the mod is incredibly modular in its options such that you can turn them off and on at will. Like if you feel you're so powerful that guards and tolls and licenses can't stop you then just turn off those features, though at that point why are you bothering with the mod in the first place.

On the other hand stuff like the kennels could use a bit more modularity, specifically I would appreciate being able to bring my followers in there and currently there's no toggle for that.

2 hours ago, Sam0016 said:

I wouldn't be scared of the license system breaking though; they're rock solid stable and one of the best mechanics of the mod.

It's not that I'm worried about the system breaking, more that it's undergoing rapid changes and I'd like to wait to see what it's like and how customizable it is when it nears a more finished state. 

There's nothing at all wrong with the current approach.  Monoman1 is handling things in a very sensible manner.  It just doesn't happen to fit what I'm looking for (nor should it have to, though with enough toggles it might).  One area of concern for me is a strong female follower.  I understand the rationale for imposing the system on her, and having her strip you to equip herself is a fun feature.  But mentally it doesn't work for me. 

Picture your character walking through town unarmed and wearing a simple dress because you can't afford a license.  But your dominant follower is armored, with a sword swinging from her hip.  That's a powerful visual statement about who's in charge.  And it's downright weird if the follower is male and must go unarmed & unarmored. 

Again, I understand how allowing an exception greatly complicates anti-cheating logic.  However, there's room for a Followers Are Exempt toggle with the understanding that the player promises not to cheat.  Maybe put options like that in a section labeled "Cheats" so it's clear what you're opting in to.  If something's an exploit, I simply won't do it.  Sure it's more fun if the game blocks every possibility of circumventing restrictions, but it's a lot of development and personally I don't need that (I understand that other players love that kind of enforcement though -- we're all different). 

Right now I'm using a purely self-enforced armor restriction in towns (for PC but not follower), and using SL Adventures' crime system for equipped weapons (I treat possession as okay).  What I lack is a per-hold permit system (I'd been calling them permits), short of manually deducting cash when I "buy" a permit and tracking them with a Take Notes journal entry.  My manual system is too clunky, but SLS right now is too restrictive. 

So, I'm just kinda waiting to see how much I can adjust the rules as the system progresses.  In the end if it doesn't work for me that's okay.  There's plenty else to SLS that adds good value to my game and I appreciate all of Monoman1's efforts in developing the mod. 

@Monoman1

Just thought of an idea that might work for letting followers keep their gear without allowing you to use them as a mule for contraband, not really anyway:

Instead of preventing the player from giving the follower items they lack a licence for, prevent the player from taking items from a follower that they lack a licence for.

This would still let you have them carry all the gear you aren't allowed, but until you have a licence it would be unavailable for you to use or sell.

To add some risk to storing stuff on them that way, overtime they could sell off some of whatever you gave them to hold, and keep the gold for themselves of coarse. They would obviously keep the best weapons/armor for their own use, and possibly not let you take them from them if this can be done at all.

This would act somewhat like how the stash system works or the followers 'lose' gold system.

Is just an idea, no idea how hard it would be to do, but you already have stuff in the mod that is similar to how this would work (not that that means much).

If you don't want to or can't implement it for whatever reason that is fine.

If it is easy enough to implement it might be fun to have a toggle between followers use your licences (how it works now), and followers use their own (described here).

14 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I think the best quest to track for Civil War progress may be CWObj (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Reunification_of_Skyrim / https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Liberation_of_Skyrim).  Might only be able to use a few quest stages reliably since the whole quest line is a mess of radiant and reused quests (and loves to break mods that don't make the special effort to accommodate the changes it can make to holds, which is why I avoid progressing it very far anymore).

Some steps that IMO may be generally safe to use:

- Join a faction (could detect if the player has one of the factions?)

- completed Battle for Whiterun (prerequisite for CWObj, so may just be able to detect if CWObj is in progress)

- completed the Civil War questline (Quest complete/stage 255 complete).

Thanks. I'll take a look at it. 

13 hours ago, ttpt said:

n the other hand stuff like the kennels could use a bit more modularity, specifically I would appreciate being able to bring my followers in there and currently there's no toggle for that.

I've a good reason for not allowing your follower inside. If you're using devious followers then there's a chance that survival will remove devices required by devious followers deals which results in your follower continuously adding debt and complaining that you're not complying. I think chastity devices in particular are the problem. They're re-equipped after you leave so there shouldn't be any problem when you leave the kennel that way. 

12 hours ago, Dovahbear91 said:

The gate in the kennel no longer seems to unlock in the morning. Had to tcl out

I've changed the code for the gate in the next update. Hopefully it'll stop that. 

10 hours ago, Dovahbear91 said:

Also, the rape% chance for the kennel only seems to apply to the new bondage slaves added. if set to 0 the quatermaster guy still comes down every so often

Actually, I don't think survival triggers rape of the slaves down there. It sort of relies on other mods. So what you might have seen was something like aroused creatures starting a scene. 

I think the % chance is only increase per hour of the chance of being raped. (There's still a base chance even if that slider is set to zero). Basically the longer you sleep the more likely you're to be raped. 

Edit: I got this a bit wrong. The slider IS the base chance. But there is a hard coded 5% increased chance of being raped for every hour successfully slept. 

10 hours ago, Tenri said:

Instead of preventing the player from giving the follower items they lack a licence for, prevent the player from taking items from a follower that they lack a licence for.

They'd still be a mule with this system however. 

10 hours ago, Tenri said:

They would obviously keep the best weapons/armor for their own use, and possibly not let you take them from them if this can be done at all.

Skyrim already does this. I'm not sure what the criteria are. More valuable? More damage/armor?

I dunno. I'll need to think about it more. 

In concept I like the license system as it is, I also like the follower taking clothes from PC feature.

But in practice it is kind of rare and not easy to navigate.

If PC has no license then both PC and followers will get strip, followers won't be taking any clothes. It seems to me the only case where followers will actually steal clothes is if PC and followers are wearing different class of items, clothing vs armor, and PC only has license for the type PC is wearing.

Plus the handling of contraband clothing or body armor for follower is still elusive to me. They won't carry contraband, but they definitely will take clothing and armor to keep themselves from being naked. I mean it works, and it does make some kind of sense, but at the same time it also kind of doesn't.

I too roll with female followers only for the most part, but I have never touch devious followers, I guess in my mind the game world doesn't make sense if the reason PC gets pick on is because she's a woman, but other female followers don't have to deal with that explicitly and could very well gang on up on PC as well.

17 minutes ago, afa said:

It seems to me the only case where followers will actually steal clothes is if PC and followers are wearing different class of items, clothing vs armor, and PC only has license for the type PC is wearing.

The only condition for your follower stripping you after a confiscation event is if:

1. Is your follower is naked. The mod will try to equip something from her inventory first but if she's still naked then:

2. Are you are wearing something or you have something in your inventory that she can use. (I think whatever you're wearing is preferred to be taken as it has more impact if you're left naked. Plus it's probably you're preferred outfit)

If clothes licence is enabled then your clothes would have been confiscated anyway so nothing will happen as you don't have anything she can wear. Same goes for armor licences. 

21 minutes ago, afa said:

I guess in my mind the game world doesn't make sense if the reason PC gets pick on is because she's a woman, but other female followers don't have to deal with that explicitly and could very well gang on up on PC as well.

People will come up with whatever suits them. Personally I think dominant females (towards other females) is still very possible. They should still be submissive towards men of course, however. Afterall, someones personality isn't binary and your attitude towards others will differ between people. 

20 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I don't understand. What difference does it make whether you're inside or outside?

It's more fun like that. And still tolerable. In a dungeon, or in the wilderness, or some unknown place, follower simply hands items back. In a walled town, follower auto-confiscates your items for you. It's to make up for not getting stripped as much :) 

don't really want to make male followers clearly superior to female followers.

Proposal didn't do that. They were the same. Both are always licensed.

I did suggest that either gender could strip you though, but not to get your clothes to wear, just because you shouldn't be wearing them if you need a clothes license and don't have one.

1. You and your follower have just been robbed of everything (another mod). You try to give them some other armor in the mean time -> "I'm not carrying your contraband". Because it's not 'THEIR' armor.

3. If I go by the method of "Anything your follower has equipped is their equipment". And you want to give them a melee weapon AND a bow -> "I'm not carrying your contraband". Because it's not their equipped weapon.

2. Fighting other follower management mods and their outfit systems. I really, really, really, really REALLY don't want to get into this. Maybe I can just add a requirement that outfit management is disabled. 

1. Simply don't handle fringe cases. Enable this option and you get to suck it up - get robbed - follower refuses to take any gear unless you have licenses for it - no special case treatment. No edge case handling. Slightly annoying, but if you don't want that to happen, disable the theft mod.

3. [sic] I didn't say equipped. The question is purely whether it is being added to their inventory or not - though I admit even detecting that isn't as easy as all that.

2. there's no fight because equipped state is not tested - purely inventory deltas - you just assumed complicated because you think complicated :) 

9 hours ago, Tenri said:

This would still let you have them carry all the gear you aren't allowed, but until you have a licence it would be unavailable for you to use or sell.

Or do both. If you aren't allowed it due to licensing, then you can't take it or give it.

Annoying in the case of the rubbish bow, but I suppose you could simply nuke that out of existence anyway.

19 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I don't think devious devices always had a dynamic updating speed penalty and Min av was introduced before it was a thing so you get fighting between the two. I'll see maybe if I can disable minav when a hobble skirt is equipped but be prepared for really slow speeds. Possibly even 0 or negative values as I'm not sure it's something that's ever considered by other mods. (that their mod isn't the only mod adjusting speed)

Some confusion seems to exist here...

Hobble dresses do not frequently modify your AV or fight other mods. If you setav wearing one, it will likely stay set until you reload, or mess with DD in such as way as to make it reset your state. I make much use of this when dealing with hobble dresses and other Kimyisms in regular play. I do not see DD trying to fight me or frequently resetting its speedmult.

(Some) hobble dresses do use an encumberance penalty to make it so you have a max carry weight of some large negative value, forcing you to walk.

The lax dress doesn't, I believe. The strict one certainly does.

It is the walking that makes them incredibly slow because you are forced to walk, and made to move slowly overall at the same time.

This is perfect for the expected tiny shuffling steps in the default animation.

It is entirely not perfect for outdoors in Skyrim.

Your speed fighting problems are coming from something other than DD.

I notice that the min speed fails, and I'm nailed to the floor for about 30 seconds whenever I open a menu, and perhaps this is DD, which might be looking for menu access to see if perhaps you changed your gear?

Using a modifier rather than SetAV hides your change from DD, so it can't see what you've done. It may actually work better if you set the speedmult so DD can see what's been changed.

Personally, to implement this for SLD (still planned) I was going to review exactly how DD does this, and stores its data, so I can manipulate it if need be.

I have a sneaking feeling it uses StorageUtil to track changes in speedmult. I did get familiar with this a few months back, but I've forgotten the details since then.

That said, if you want to fix slowdown effects, you need to pay attention to forced walking through over-encumbrance.

Actor values are a nasty minefield because Bethesda broke one of the functions you need (then released a fix with a new name for SE).

As that function is Beth's and not SKSE, the only way to see what it does is to put a reverse engineering tool on Skyrim, and I don't have that much life to waste.

I wondered if I could get the "real" value via the UI system for Health, Magicka and Stamina, but that wouldn't help at all for speedmult.

21 minutes ago, AreaGamer said:

Hello,
i have noticed that i can't leave whiterun if i have money with me.

the diealog at the gate guard only shows up when i put all my money down. is that intentional, or is that just not finished yet?

If you have the money, look at the right side of the gate, and spot the tiny table and the even more tiny lock box, there you can pay to exit

if it is nighttime pull out a torch as you will have problems seeing the things

Cheers 

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

I didn't say equipped

I did. In my head. As a proposal to what constitutes follower equipment. I've a tendency to ramble :P

Helps me think. 

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Hobble dresses do not frequently modify your AV or fight other mods.

I'm pretty sure they do. I didn't read the script in full to understand it completely but you've got:

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	RegisterForSingleUpdate(5.0)
EndEvent

Event OnUpdate()
	Float CurrentSpeedMult = who.GetAV("SpeedMult")
	RegisterForSingleUpdate(5.0)
EndEvent

And seems to work ok since I added disabling MinAV when in a hobbleskirt. Of course, genius that I am, I didn't test it BEFORE adding it (in my creation kit profile). But I do have the problem people are talking about and did suspect hobble skirts already. 

Side point: I really dislike mods that modify your AVs via script, especially speedmult. 

1. There's no way to know which mod is doing it - Not in active effects or MFG console.

2. If it fucks up, it's very difficult to 'reset' your speedmult to what it should be. (Considering buffs/debuffs from other mods. And especially if 2 or more mods are modifying it via script)

It might not be too bad if they're 'above board' with it. Display it in a MCM or something. 

1 hour ago, AreaGamer said:

Hello,
i have noticed that i can't leave whiterun if i have money with me.

the diealog at the gate guard only shows up when i put all my money down. is that intentional, or is that just not finished yet?

Like Shar says. Use the strong box. The guards are only for 'alternative payment options'. IF you do have enough gold it should open up another topic "*Lie* I don't have enough gold" which will open up the usual options but you'll need a really high speech skill. 

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I've a good reason for not allowing your follower inside. If you're using devious followers then there's a chance that survival will remove devices required by devious followers deals which results in your follower continuously adding debt and complaining that you're not complying. I think chastity devices in particular are the problem. They're re-equipped after you leave so there shouldn't be any problem when you leave the kennel that way. 

I've changed the code for the gate in the next update. Hopefully it'll stop that. 

Actually, I don't think survival triggers rape of the slaves down there. It sort of relies on other mods. So what you might have seen was something like aroused creatures starting a scene. 

I think the % chance is only increase per hour of the chance of being raped. (There's still a base chance even if that slider is set to zero). Basically the longer you sleep the more likely you're to be raped. 

Edit: I got this a bit wrong. The slider IS the base chance. But there is a hard coded 5% increased chance of being raped for every hour successfully slept. 

Skyrim already does this. I'm not sure what the criteria are. More valuable? More damage/armor?

Interesting, thought it might be something like that. Although I did notice that only he came down during those scenes. None of the animals or the new slaves where triggered during this time. I also have aroused creatures set to a really high arousal level and SLA interface, non of the creatures met the arousal requirement during my characters stay. In the next update ill try it out. But I think that the 5% is only being applied to the guy who works there. But it could be chance

Interesting, thought it might be something like that. Although I did notice that only he came down during those scenes. None of the animals or the new slaves where triggered during this time. I also have aroused creatures set to a really high arousal level and SLA interface, non of the creatures met the arousal requirement during my characters stay. In the next update ill try it out. But I think that the 5% is only being applied to the guy who works there. But it could be chance

hope this is helpful!

11 minutes ago, Dovahbear91 said:

Perhaps you have not enabled 'Creature content' on the general page?

Next version will have the slaves being fucked randomly by the creatures if enabled. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Side point: I really dislike mods that modify your AVs via script, especially speedmult. 

1. There's no way to know which mod is doing it - Not in active effects or MFG console.

2. If it fucks up, it's very difficult to 'reset' your speedmult to what it should be. (Considering buffs/debuffs from other mods. And especially if 2 or more mods are modifying it via script)

Yes. 

This is something I've discussed solutions to in the past. 

In PMs you've read and responded to, I believe.

It doesn't change speedmult constantly for *me* ... and that code snippet didn't contain a SetAV, just a Get.

I think there may be some conditions for the Set to occur beyond simply running the update?

I'm not happy with the way DD sticks it's fingers into arousal either.

SLA has enough problems without a mod that sets the multiplier to "silly", then repeatedly adds 15 arousal.

Sure, the intent is to make the PC aroused. But if it's a belt with plugs, the result is just 100 arousal all the time, which becomes tiresome.

Orgasm? Doesn't matter. A minute later you'll be at 100 arousal again anyway. Assuming SLSO even knocked any meaningful amount of arousal off for the orgasm.

Currently struggling with the mess that is bikini mods. What slot does a bikini item go in? Apparently any - including the schlong slot! What keywords does it have? Could be none. It's as if everyone who ever made one decided to do it differently to everyone else. And TAWoBA does it three different ways within one mod.

49 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Currently struggling with the mess that is bikini mods. What slot does a bikini item go in? Apparently any - including the schlong slot! What keywords does it have? Could be none. It's as if everyone who ever made one decided to do it differently to everyone else. And TAWoBA does it three different ways within one mod.

I changed all my armor mods to conform to the 'Devious convention'. Bikini bras -> slot 56 (chastity bras). Bikini panties -> slot 49 (chastity belts). 'Ab guards' -> corset slot. Hence the whole 'Half naked cover' option. 

And yes. Doing the above took ages. Tip: Try using automation tools to speed things up. 

Consistency is rare among armor mods in my experience. 

Yes. 

This is something I've discussed solutions to in the past. 

In PMs you've read and responded to, I believe.

Indeed. But my position stands :P

Another thing that'll mess things up script modified AVs: Mod uninstallation and possibly stack dumps. 

and that code snippet didn't contain a SetAV, just a Get.

It's further down:

who.DamageActorValue("SpeedMult", SpeedMultDifferential)

There's a check for Requiem, so maybe that's the difference between you and I. Though it looks like it should actually be disabled if requiem is installed...

I'm not happy with the way DD sticks it's fingers into arousal either.

Agreed. I wish arousal buildup was slower too but is that some kind of hidden nymphomaniac progress thing maybe?

And something I found out. Spank that ass is great for getting rid of some arousal. Just sprint into someone and get spanked and if you're not a masochist it'll decrease your arousal. It's a double-edged sword though of course (Only works when you're not a masochist)

Perhaps you have not enabled 'Creature content' on the general page?

Next version will have the slaves being fucked randomly by the creatures if enabled. 

Believe it was enabled, ill test it again later and see what happens. can take a few screenshots as well if that would help 

I just tried this mod out and i absolutely love it some ideas I had I think would be kinda cool.

1.) add more recruitable followers or even just the ability to hire a guard to be a follower.

2.) an option where you have to have a man to escort you so men only followers.

3.) a carry weight limit option so your carry weight never goes over a certain threshold like you have speed so you cant carry so much stuff.

4.) a humiliation scene if you are caught avoiding a toll they will tie you up or put you in a pillory or something so many furnitrues that haven't been used something probably different where they keep you there for a certain amount of time while npc's will come up and spank you.

5.) bathing in skyrm if say you're 100% dirty or somethign they will not notice you as much or they charge extra for the toll or they wont let you in until you bathe.

6.) option to hire a enforcer as a follower but when the time is up he brings you back to the hold if he dies then you lose one of your licenses or soemthing like that.

these are just ideas hehe playing the mod was really fun ^^ i like the idea of gold managment it makes trying to pickpocket and earn gold finally fun!

EDIT: Okay so more on the idea about hiring guards like you could go into the guard house and talk to that one guy that provides licences you could ask him to contract a guard or mercenary for you to follow you so this way there is always an option to have an escort.

Hi Monoman,

I got a suggestion for Sexlab Survival, what about a Wear and Tear system.

Oral, Vaginal and Anal  with negative effects on  penalty

Oral = penalty on price  Vaginal = damage reduction with normal hit  Anal = damage reduction with power hit

Lubrication would help to lessen the wear and tear damage

It's from a mod that has been stopped but seems to have great potential even for the arousal stuff

Licence note:
All sources and mod itself are free for everyone - do what you want, even not asking me.

I saw that and think it would be a great fit for Survival and you could add your own monoman spin on it. :)

14 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

It's why I think another mcm toggle for that option would be nice, I have no interest in using devious followers and the way I play and the mods I have, anything that happens to me should happen to followers too, it's why I only started using the licensing system once it included followers and also the reason that while MWA looks like an improvement on loot and degradation it just wouldn't work on my setup. Basically getting split from them gives me basically no incentive to interact with the feature.