15 minutes ago, twistedtrebla said:

@dagobaking I see. Also, in the code I see the StartScene function in AAF_API is firing events for "START_SCENE" etc. But I dont see anything in any of the included source code that handles START_SCENE. Am I missing something?

That is first sending a signal to the flash where there is a lot of additional code. There it checks to see what kind of scene is happening and considers options (based on what user has installed) etc.

If all things are valid, it then would start with "applyWalkQuest" to make characters walk to the animation location.

Once at the location it applys "OnLockActor" to each actor to make them stay in place.

And finally "initAnimation" & "startMultipleIdles" to start animations.

Of course, there are various other functions that can happen along way depending on context. But, those are the major parts that would be most relevant to what you are trying to do.

Edited by dagobaking
On 5/13/2022 at 11:42 PM, walkerbt said:

does anyone know if anyone is going to add support for the point lookout enemies for aaf scenarios?

Not sure what that is. It sounds maybe directed more at other mods rather than the framework itself?

On 5/14/2022 at 6:42 AM, walkerbt said:

does anyone know if anyone is going to add support for the point lookout enemies for aaf scenarios?

I guess you're asking if anyone is creating rigs and animations for the various custom creatures in the FO4-based remake of the FO3 Point Lookout DLC setting. I'm not aware of any, but if it's interesting to you then that could be a good opportunity for you to learn how to animate in FO4.

1 hour ago, maddadicusrex said:

Or JOYSTICK if using a game controller.:smirk:

Or turn the wheel to the left/right and use the gas, brake and clutch pedal if using a steering wheel :) Oh, and don't forget the gear stick! You can use it to quickly shift between the scenes, provided multiple scenes are happening ;)

3 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Or turn the wheel to the left/right and use the gas, brake and clutch pedal if using a steering wheel :) Oh, and don't forget the gear stick! You can use it to quickly shift between the scenes, provided multiple scenes are happening ;)

My scenes say they need premium high-octane fuel, is it okay if I just fill them with regular petrol instead? Will it gum up AAF's carburetor?

52 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

My scenes say they need premium high-octane fuel, is it okay if I just fill them with regular petrol instead? Will it gum up AAF's carburetor?

I think it'll be okay. But keep in mind that the transitions between them might not be as smooth as they are with high-octane. Oh, and multiple scenes might take a bit more time to start since the engine gets a bit underpowered.

I remember one time I filled it up with regular and after a few scenes it stalled. That being said however, for the most part it runs perfectly fine!

On 9/29/2018 at 2:04 PM, EgoBallistic said:

This is what I use, it works for me and unequips everything except the Pip-Boy.

AAF_equipmentSetData.xmlUnavailable

Also, make sure your Equipment Slots section in AAF_Settings.xml looks like this:

<!-- EQUIPMENT SLOTS -->
<!-- Adjust the range of biped slots AAF controls -->
<!-- See here for the index of slots: https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Biped_Slots -->
<setting id="clothes_scan_startslot" value="0"/>
<setting id="clothes_scan_endslot" value="43"/>
<!-- Adjust the range of biped slots AAF copies during animations involving the PC. Do not change this unless you really understand it. -->
<setting id="clothes_copy_startslot" value="0"/>
<setting id="clothes_copy_endslot" value="43"/>

So Ive been trying to figure this out myself and I noticed that my AAF_Settings.xml files doesn't have an equipmet slots section? It just has a Debug modes, preferences, hotkeys and advanced settings sections.

3 hours ago, SpicyNuggies24 said:

So Ive been trying to figure this out myself and I noticed that my AAF_Settings.xml files doesn't have an equipmet slots section? It just has a Debug modes, preferences, hotkeys and advanced settings sections.

Those settings were removed a while back because there is no reason to adjust them.

4 hours ago, SpicyNuggies24 said:

Like @dagobaking said, there is no need for that and it was removed from the settings file many versions ago.  You should just use the AAF_EquipmentSetData.xml to handle equipment slots.  If you don't want AAF to do anything with a particular slot, just don't put an entry in the XML for it.

Is it possible to remove (delete) a specific item (using id or body slot number) from actors inventory at the end of an aaf scene (synched with "reequip_delay" if possible) by just editing "AAF_equipmentSetData.xml" or do i have to create a papyrus script for that ?

Edited by lee3310
4 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Is it possible to remove (delete) a specific item (using id or body slot number) from actors inventory at the end of an aaf scene (synched with "reequip_delay" if possible) by just editing "AAF_equipmentSetData.xml" or do i have to create a papyrus script for that ?

You would need to create a script for that.  Make it listen for the AAF OnSceneEnd event, then start a timer, then removeitem(),

Does anyone here use the Face Light mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30035)?

I've started using it and was trying to figure out a way to get it to work during AAF scenes, and after searching around I found that a script was apparently already added to AAF a while ago which adds the Face Light to the doppelganger during scenes. The thing is, it just doesn't work for me. I have Face Light enabled and turned on and it's working in-game, but it's never present during sex scenes.

So I'm trying to figure out whether this is an issue on my end or whether the AAF/Face Light compatibility is just no longer working in general. If anyone else uses Face Light and AAF, could you tell me whether Face Light works for you during sex scenes? Thanks.

Edit:

@dagobaking I don't know much about scripting, but I found the part of the AAF script that adds Face Light compatibility, and I noticed something that may be causing the problem. The AAF script references the Face Light spells as "aaaFaceLightSPEL1D", "aaaFaceLightSPEL2D" and so on. Notice "SPEL" is spelled with one L. But if I look at the Facelight mod in FO4Edit, the Facelight spells are written as "aaaFaceLightSpell1D", "aaaFaceLightSpell2D" and so on, with "Spell" written with two L's. So maybe the AAF script isn't pointing to the correct spell names?

Edited by Yossarian13
On 5/27/2022 at 8:08 AM, Yossarian13 said:

Does anyone here use the Face Light mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30035)?

I've started using it and was trying to figure out a way to get it to work during AAF scenes, and after searching around I found that a script was apparently already added to AAF a while ago which adds the Face Light to the doppelganger during scenes. The thing is, it just doesn't work for me. I have Face Light enabled and turned on and it's working in-game, but it's never present during sex scenes.

So I'm trying to figure out whether this is an issue on my end or whether the AAF/Face Light compatibility is just no longer working in general. If anyone else uses Face Light and AAF, could you tell me whether Face Light works for you during sex scenes? Thanks.

Edit:

@dagobaking I don't know much about scripting, but I found the part of the AAF script that adds Face Light compatibility, and I noticed something that may be causing the problem. The AAF script references the Face Light spells as "aaaFaceLightSPEL1D", "aaaFaceLightSPEL2D" and so on. Notice "SPEL" is spelled with one L. But if I look at the Facelight mod in FO4Edit, the Facelight spells are written as "aaaFaceLightSpell1D", "aaaFaceLightSpell2D" and so on, with "Spell" written with two L's. So maybe the AAF script isn't pointing to the correct spell names?

I checked the source code from the Face Light mod to see if maybe they updated the spelling. But, it's the same. In "aaaFaceLightAddScript.psc" the properties that AAF looks for are spelled the strange way with one "L".

So, it should work the same as before. I can't think of anything that has changed since it was tested that would affect that. But, maybe some others can test and confirm either way.

Otherwise, it may be something on your end. Maybe you have another mod installed that interferes with that effect?

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I checked the source code from the Face Light mod to see if maybe they updated the spelling. But, it's the same. In "aaaFaceLightAddScript.psc" the properties that AAF looks for are spelled the strange way with one "L".

So, it should work the same as before. I can't think of anything that has changed since it was tested that would affect that. But, maybe some others can test and confirm either way.

Otherwise, it may be something on your end. Maybe you have another mod installed that interferes with that effect?

Thanks for the response. Hmmm, that's really strange. I can't think of anything on my end that would interfere, and like I said, the Face Light mod is otherwise working completely normally for me. Just to confirm, the AAF compatibility should simply work automatically if I have Face Light installed and activated, right? I don't need to enable something in an ini or xml file?

Again, if anyone out there would be willing to test this out on their end I'd be really grateful. Just install Face Light, turn it on in MCM so it's activated on your character, and then start an AAF scene to see if the effect persists on the doppelganger. I'd just really like to know if this is an issue with my setup or whether the compatibility between these two mods has broken somehow.