Any chance of an alternate link other than Moddingham? For some reason phpbb forums are not working for me so I can't register accordingly.

(Yes I'm aware of clearing cache on chrome and firefox should work, but it is not. Even shutting off all my security extensions does not work.) 

Sorry for the hassle.

12 hours ago, prinyo said:

Basically before there is a compatible DLL or real problems encountered when attempting to recompile it, there isn't anything that can be discussed about AAF in VR as it is way too abstract.

Ok.

Sounds like this should be taken up in a topic other than the AAF one.

51 minutes ago, Shaemous said:

Any chance of an alternate link other than Moddingham? For some reason phpbb forums are not working for me so I can't register accordingly.

(Yes I'm aware of clearing cache on chrome and firefox should work, but it is not. Even shutting off all my security extensions does not work.) 

Sorry for the hassle.

There is not an alternative link.

I can confirm though that the site works in both Chrome and FireFox. So, there must be some additional factor going on for you. Extensions?

On 8/20/2021 at 8:33 PM, dagobaking said:

There is not an alternative link.

I can confirm though that the site works in both Chrome and FireFox. So, there must be some additional factor going on for you. Extensions?

Even with all extensions closed I get nothing but an AJAX error from trying to agree to terms. It seems I have some troubleshooting to do on why I can't communicate properly with moddingham's website.

For what it's worth thank you. AAF is entertaining as hell. Hopefully I can ride off Beta 161.1 for awhile until I figure this glitch out.

Edited by Shaemous
3 hours ago, Shaemous said:

Even with all extensions closed I get nothing but an AJAX error from trying to agree to terms. It seems I have some troubleshooting to due, on why I can't communicate properly with moddingham's website.

For what it's worth thank you. AAF is entertaining as hell. Hopefully I can ride off Beta 161.1 for awhile until I figure this glitch out.

try with a browser you seldom use. i tried, and failed, moddingham for a week using firefox. tried edge and got through on the 1st try.

On 8/20/2021 at 3:53 AM, VonHelton said:

Wow, a shit storm of drama & I couldn't be blamed for it because I wasn't here. BRILLIANT!

(The gods, in their wisdom, clearly have protected me).

Hmmmmm........This may open the possibility of numerous apologies coming my way! (Yea, right, no one, in the history of the internet, has ever apologized sincerely to me).

But it's still funny as hell. Ok, back to modding......

Please accept my sincerest appologies but we're still out of breathing files/animations. ;)

Edited by CGi
On 8/8/2021 at 4:18 AM, Mistress Jade said:

you like many of the others pissin and moaning over this are really just self entitled brats who think they can bully someone, and then paint it as "worried about trust" or whatever bs you guys can pullout out of your asses.

How am I bulling any one? some one asked what trust had to do with anything so I explained it. Seams how multiple people coming at me aggressively would be more bulling than me answering a question about why I thought trust mattered.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:15 AM, RitualClarity said:

Great... goodbye.. don't let the internet door kick you on the way out.  While leaving make sure you have a properly sanctioned tin foil hat on. 

Have a great day.

Every complaint you have .. is solvable. Every web page, service has been new at one point...  Everybody has  been told multiple times in their lives about proper password use.  Using an Name, email and password is the standard way to handle web pages. This is the least invasive way to do this to get the minimum info needed to take care of the user (verify someone, recover their account if password is hacked and or forgotten)  Any other way I am aware of is more invasive and not needed for mods web site.

Multiple mods on LL are linked to web pages outside. This has been going on for years. It is a standard practice. This site can only handle up to a size before mods have to be broken down and re-murged by the users creating support request.

Seriously, every single complaint you have can be managed successfully using standard precautions from a good antivirus/malware program to complex dedicated passwords for all accounts to 2 factor authentication.  Paranoid people can add on to this VPN use. Which by the way would cost less than the monthly subscription to Nexus servers.

This comment you have given is seriously suspect. I suspect you want it on Nexus so that you can have those download list properly functional.  Many such strange post are occurring across the web where people try to convince others that having this there, elsewhere than Nexus is a bad thing. Fan boi's chiming in trying to get the mods they want onto Neuxs again after they move.

Nexus brought this on themselves.  Most authors were extremely happy to have their mods on the Nexus as it gave them great exposure and had tools that they could use to help manage their mods and they didn't have to fuck with web pages or multiple sources for support and or downloads. It was great until Nexus decided they'd be an ass and fuck this all up with their "we own your mods" policy.  No way to opt in, opt out, or even delete a mod. Removal of agency, ownership of something that someone or a group of people worked on for 100's, 1000's or  even ten's of thousands of hours to create, is a seriously bulshit move. So many other ways they could have handled it and likely retain many major mod authors in the process, but no they had to do it their way. They are so out of touch with the modding community from years ago when they tried that failed paid modding program and even before.

As a result, many mod authors like @dagobaking have moved on to other locations and users just have to deal with the fallout.

While I know multiple mods are linked to other web pages, when it happens I add a layer of caution. That is not tin foil, that is basic safety. While every sight was new at one time I also look at what I notice the mods saying. I can care less if it is on nexus or not, that is the creators choice just as what I do for safety is mine. What you quoted was my response to a question about why I thought trust mattered. I get it you are a fan/friend of the mod author, but do you really think attacking people will change their mind? (seams to me that would be more likely to drive people away than bring them in.)

Edited by blue35e
On 8/7/2021 at 5:43 AM, maddadicusrex said:

Then you will have to do without certain mods because those authors who have chosen to leave Nexus are all going to have their stuff on sites just like Moddingham. Dago is as honest a internet stranger that I know and you can bank on his vetting this newer site before his going there. 

As it is the mods author choice where they load the mods it is my choice what mods I download. So yea I do go without certain mods if I do not trust the source, but that is also my choice. (My impression was he is the creator of moddingham, but I may be wrong.

56 minutes ago, blue35e said:

do you really think attacking people will change their mind?

I don't think anyone is trying to change any minds on this subject. They are just questioning your point.

It seems like there are many ways to join a web site while maintaining privacy/security for yourself. But, nobody disputes that the decision to do so is yours and nobody is really asking to know your reasons either way as it's your business. So, what is the remaining question/point that you have?

Edited by dagobaking
4 hours ago, blue35e said:

While I know multiple mods are linked to other web pages, when it happens I add a layer of caution. That is not tin foil, that is basic safety. While every sight was new at one time I also look at what I notice the mods saying. I can care less if it is on nexus or not, that is the creators choice just as what I do for safety is mine. What you quoted was my response to a question about why I thought trust mattered. I get it you are a fan/friend of the mod author, but do you really think attacking people will change their mind? (seams to me that would be more likely to drive people away than bring them in.)

Again, as I stated in that response.

"Every complaint you have .. is solvable. "

4 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I don't think anyone is trying to change any minds on this subject. They are just questioning your point.

It seems like there are many ways to join a web site while maintaining privacy/security for yourself. But, nobody disputes that the decision to do so is yours and nobody is really asking to know your reasons either way as it's your business. So, what is the remaining question/point that you have?

As for driving people away, if they are going to argue about where the mod is located... I say yes. Especially when the answer to this question has been clearly given. So unless you have further (different) questions then this subject should be done. You can continue to talk all you want but nothing is going to change. You aren't going to get anywhere. This change wasn't some random decision made one day. It was a very hard decision, not to mention painful one for the author to make.

It is up to you do what you want to or are willing to. If there isn't anything you are comfortable doing, then it is time to move on.  Sorry if I might have come off a bit strong with parts of my statement, it was due to many others like you trying to push agenda of it is better if it is at Nexus.  Since Nexus change their policy and authors felt the need to move their mods elsewhere, this has been a constant state of affairs. If you need some guidance or suggestions on ways to be more secure in the obtaining of mods from various sites there is a lot of very security conscious individuals here that can give you many suggestions.

Bottom line, accept the nature of the modding community changes where authors have their mods etc.... and work on whatever processes you need to feel comfortable with downloading the mods or don't. Posting such comments on a thread questioning the authors choices of where they decided to move the mods is in itself an attack. 

Continuing to try to defend your position is wasted time here. The question has been fully answered.

Don't think that many people would complain about the link to a different site, if the actual site WORKED properly.

I've been trying for DAYS to get an e-mail sent to reset the password as log-in doesn't seem to work properly. Even attempting to register using my 2nd email doesn't work.

So, not complaining about linking to the different page, just that it isn't working properly.

27 minutes ago, herrzimm said:

Don't think that many people would complain about the link to a different site, if the actual site WORKED properly.

I've been trying for DAYS to get an e-mail sent to reset the password as log-in doesn't seem to work properly. Even attempting to register using my 2nd email doesn't work.

So, not complaining about linking to the different page, just that it isn't working properly.

Updated

go to the Discord channel for support regarding the site. :D

Edited by RitualClarity
On 8/8/2021 at 2:21 PM, CGi said:

i don't think you understand the topic you are talking about and if you did, you would know how to identify scams via URL's.
Anyway... not really AAF related and as others already stated: You do your thing, mod authors theirs so you'll have to give up on a few mods.

While URLS can help you spot scam sites, they can not always be used to detect them. 

Again every problem you mention can be solved if you can't do so comfortably, that is fine, just move on. Your answer has been given. The new location isn't going to change. Get used to it. More post on the subject won't get you anywhere. 

As for stating it belongs on Nexus it is implied by your original statement.  That it is a safer environment. Despite my security software freaking out in the past on multiple occasions because their ads weren't clean. (of course reported to Nexus moderators which took weeks to fix by the way)

You can believe what you wish, we can agree to disagree but in the end, and this conversation has run its course. Continuation of this conversation is a waste of time. Have a great day!

9 hours ago, herrzimm said:

There are currently 3638 registered users on the site. That means that the site, as-is with no change, has literally worked for thousands of people. This strongly suggests that the email problem you are experiencing has something to do with what you are doing or your system.

4 hours ago, blue35e said:

You keep saying my answered has been given but I only ever asked one question and it really was not answered.

What question has not been answered?

Edited by dagobaking
5 hours ago, blue35e said:

I am aware of how to be safe on the web on. (One key factor is always trust.)

its simple you came here to insult Dagobaking because of his move from Nexus, you used Trust as a weapon for said insult, then you acted like thats not what you did and thats why you have gotten so much negative blowback. You can paint it anyway ya want, i think most on here feel the same as i do about you. I seriously doubt you'll sway anyone into thinking otherwise.

I wasnt even going to respond at all but the last post got to me.

Edited by Mistress Jade
19 hours ago, Mistress Jade said:

its simple you came here to insult Dagobaking because of his move from Nexus, you used Trust as a weapon for said insult, then you acted like thats not what you did and thats why you have gotten so much negative blowback. You can paint it anyway ya want, i think most on here feel the same as i do about you. I seriously doubt you'll sway anyone into thinking otherwise.

I wasnt even going to respond at all but the last post got to me.

Yes, most people are adults here. They know when someone is posting passive aggressive bullshit.  

I am just sorry that I distracted from the thread and everybody's ability to get quick attention from @dagobaking and any others that provided support and answers to actual important questions that were posted. To all those people I apologize for taking that conversation well farther than it perhaps should have gone. 

@Mistress Jade thank you for chiming in as well for his post. Nicely stated

To everyone else, lets stop discussing him and his actions. If he pops up and does some bullshit again, report it to the moderators would be my suggestions. Let them deal with it. Something in hindsight I should have done.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

Yes, most people are adults here. They know when someone is posting passive aggressive bullshit.  

I am just sorry that I distracted from the thread and everybody's ability to get quick attention from @dagobaking and any others that provided support and answers to actual important questions that were posted. To all those people I apologize for taking that conversation well farther than it perhaps should have gone. 

@Mistress Jade thank you for chiming in as well for his post. Nicely stated

To everyone else, lets stop discussing him and his actions. If he pops up and does some bullshit again, report it to the moderators would be my suggestions. Let them deal with it. Something in hindsight I should have done.

Thanks for your support! I totally agree and i will no longer respond to his posts. 

Hey i am having a issue myself i am in Discord channel but no one seems to be at home. So i'll post here too.

I did a update to AAF Sex'um up yesterday i also installed Vtaw Rebel outfit at same time, but now AAF cant see any actors when it scans and no animations will play regardless of which way i try to start a scene, ie aff wizard , sex'um up. Now before i did the Sex'um up update AAF was working has been for quite awhile now, tho i did have a issue with load order a few days ago, i am thinking that i am still having load order issues but have yet to get it worked out.

2 hours ago, Mistress Jade said:

Hey i am having a issue myself i am in Discord channel but no one seems to be at home. So i'll post here too.

I did a update to AAF Sex'um up yesterday i also installed Vtaw Rebel outfit at same time, but now AAF cant see any actors when it scans and no animations will play regardless of which way i try to start a scene, ie aff wizard , sex'um up. Now before i did the Sex'um up update AAF was working has been for quite awhile now, tho i did have a issue with load order a few days ago, i am thinking that i am still having load order issues but have yet to get it worked out.

Try a fresh game? In case there is a save issue

check the below to be sure there isn't something that is conflicting or worse, you are using a wrong version of a mod

Something to double check while waiting for an expert. You can also chime on the above thread to see if there is anyone active there that can give you some more ideas. Best of luck

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

Try a fresh game? In case there is a save issue

check the below to be sure there isn't something that is conflicting or worse, you are using a wrong version of a mod

Something to double check while waiting for an expert. You can also chime on the above thread to see if there is anyone active there that can give you some more ideas. Best of luck

Only thing left is to try a fresh game. Thanks for your response.