7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

equipmentSet resetAll functionality. AAF now clears the recorded outfit that is restored each time an outfit restoration occurs. So, if the re-equip timer hasn't expired before another scene starts, the recorded outfit is still whatever was worn before the first scene. This should allow AAF to properly update the outfit if it is changed in between scenes.

A question, is this functionality reliant upon defining a starting/stopping equipmentSet? Any issues with animations tagged pose, hidden?

I recompiled all related AAF dependant mods against 161.1 before seeing this:

1. triggered position without start- and stopEquipmentSets wearing outfit A (underarmor and all vanilla armor slots)

2. exited scene

3. few ingame hours pass while doing combat etc, re-equip timer is set 5 so it's should have triggered by now

4. dropped outfit A to ground and started a scene with start- and stopEquipmentSets ( vanilla AAF sets using unequip everything, not other xmls overwriting this )

5. after scene, timer expires and outfit A is duplicated on PC

6. any scene afterwards would clone equipment for slots used by outfit A but not equipped by outfit worn before latest scene.

Nice job with UI visuals and animations though, looks great.

7 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Scenes started by which mods? Or do you see the same thing when starting them from the AAF wizard interface? Animations shouldn't necessarily need updating when AAF updates, but the XML schema has gotten tighter over time and some animations or animation patches may need their XML syntax cleaned up/corrected so they will still pass AAF's validation.

This release actually reverses the non-backward-compatible change in the StopScene API method so that mods with scripts built against AAF from the <=147 era will work again, but any built against 154 will need to be rebuilt against 161.1 if they use StopScene (for the same reason). It's a clear sign the author values users being able to continue using abandoned mods where possible.

I have tried starting scenes with Home key and SEU. I have tried 161.1 with Simple Patch and Indarello's Patch and my animations still remain stuck at unjoining. I did not try 161.1 without any patches. I am a sucker for auto staged and combined animations..

2 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

I have tried starting scenes with Home key and SEU. I have tried 161.1 with Simple Patch and Indarello's Patch and my animations still remain stuck at unjoining. I did not try 161.1 without any patches. I am a sucker for auto staged and combined animations..

I am having the same issue at my end and it does not seem to matter whether it is savagecabbage or lieto .. the animation gets stuck unjoining and does not allow exit.

3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

It was an old patch still enabled in my load order. I was using it for another mod  and it also messed with animation XMLS which messed with current AAF. Deleted and problem was fixed.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

This release actually reverses the non-backward-compatible change in the StopScene API method so that mods with scripts built against AAF from the <=147 era will work again, but any built against 154 will need to be rebuilt against 161.1 if they use StopScene (for the same reason). It's a clear sign the author values users being able to continue using abandoned mods where possible.

Aye. I can't remember what originally caused that "can't end" bug. But, IIRC it had to do with that compiling issue. So, updating the updated mods one more time should fix that.

4 hours ago, requiredname65 said:

A question, is this functionality reliant upon defining a starting/stopping equipmentSet?

I don't believe so. IIRC it checks to see if there is a recorded outfit at the beginning of every scene. If so, it leaves it alone. If not, it creates one.

Any issues with animations tagged pose, hidden?

I'm not aware of one. I'm not sure how this would impact those since they don't typically include any equipment changing.

I recompiled all related AAF dependant mods against 161.1 before seeing this:

1. triggered position without start- and stopEquipmentSets wearing outfit A (underarmor and all vanilla armor slots)

2. exited scene

3. few ingame hours pass while doing combat etc, re-equip timer is set 5 so it's should have triggered by now

4. dropped outfit A to ground and started a scene with start- and stopEquipmentSets ( vanilla AAF sets using unequip everything, not other xmls overwriting this )

5. after scene, timer expires and outfit A is duplicated on PC

6. any scene afterwards would clone equipment for slots used by outfit A but not equipped by outfit worn before latest scene.

I don't follow what happened in steps 1-3. If a position started without any equipmentSet changes there would be nothing to re-equip? Or, did equipment changes happen in other ways (manual with manager, etc.)?

Nice job with UI visuals and animations though, looks great.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, reconphil said:

I just downloaded the update and installed it into MO2.  MO2 is showing the version as 161.0beta.  The file has the correct version AAF Beta 161.1-31304-161-1b-1610779295.7z.  Is that a problem?  Did I do something wrong?  Thanks.

No. This is expected. A hotfix was needed before it released (thus the .1). But, we wanted to avoid some additional work that would be required to update the version number.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

IIRC it checks to see if there is a recorded outfit at the beginning of every scene. If so, it leaves it alone. If not, it creates one.

Wasn't that reworked in 156b such that if recorded outfit exists, it's purged and a fresh new entry from current outfit is created?

I don't follow what happened in steps 1-3. If a position started without any equipmentSet changes there would be nothing to re-equip? Or, did equipment changes happen in other ways (manual with manager, etc.)?

A scene played one position without start- or stopEquipmentSets from start to end (with startScene and endScene functions). No equipment changes, manual or automatic, of any kind.

After some time outfit which was equipped during earlier scene was dropped to ground (via another mod before AAF was called) and scene started soon after.

This scene had positions with stock start- and stopEquipmentSets [unEquip, reEquip].

After reequip timer of 5s triggered, outfit that was equipped during earlier scene, and dropped before latest scene, was duplicated on player char producing duplicates.

Any subsequent scenes kept readding/-equipping this outfit even if pieces of it weren't equipped when they were initialized.

This behavior seems to counter changes in 156b 'AAF now clears the recorded outfit that is restored each time an outfit restoration occurs.'

EDIT: Hold that thought! Any chance AAF just needs a reload or fresh save? After continuing from same save, I tried to get bogus re-equipping to occur again but it didn't.

Should it start to occur again, I'll post again but for now there seems to be no problem.

7 hours ago, requiredname65 said:

Wasn't that reworked in 156b such that if recorded outfit exists, it's purged and a fresh new entry from current outfit is created?

I dont recall exact order of things. It was re-worked so that it only allows replacing the recorded outfit after so much time. That way, if the actor leaves one scene and starts another right away it doesnt record "no outfit" as the current one.

After some time outfit which was equipped during earlier scene was dropped to ground (via another mod before AAF was called) and scene started soon after.

Is it possible that the other mod removes those items after the scene starts? For instance, while the actor is walking to an animation location?

EDIT: Hold that thought! Any chance AAF just needs a reload or fresh save? After continuing from same save, I tried to get bogus re-equipping to occur again but it didn't.

Should it start to occur again, I'll post again but for now there seems to be no problem.

It is possible that a new game is needed. It's difficult to follow if/when that is needed. If it happens again we can start with the above question. :)

9 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Is it possible that the other mod removes those items after the scene starts? For instance, while the actor is walking to an animation location?

No. Item removal is done well before any call to startScene, with utility.waits spinkled between. All of this happens inside same function block.

This also occurs when items are dropped manually before initializing scenes from gui or content mods. Using reEquip bipedSlot=.. instead of resetAll results in same behavior.

Both AAF_PlayerEquipment and activeEquipmentStorage accurately reflect what PC had equiped before second scene started.

11 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It is possible that a new game is needed.

No dice, it is still an issue starting with new fresh vanilla save from vault 111 exterior. Atleast scenes playing positions with no stopEquipmentSet won't trigger this which might be why I thought it was solved earlier.

11 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It was re-worked so that it only allows replacing the recorded outfit after so much time

How long is 'so much time'. I've tried to wait atleast 1 irl minutes between scenes with reequip_delay set to 5 and -1.

In fresh new save from outside vault 111 with AAF + Attached QA, no content mods:

-2 start new game without mods

-1 make a save at v111 exterior

0. enable aaf and load that save, aaf startbox messages are shown as expected for new save

1. start a scene via gui using DANCE position with default start- stopEquipmentSet (attached xmls provide vanilla DANCE position)

2. end scene with <end> button

3. aaf re-equips items as expected

4. wait until re-equip timer has expired (based on decompiled swf, this should take 1000ms with reequip_delay set to -1)

5. manually drop/unequip all items

6. start a scene via gui using DANCE or other position with default start- stopEquipmentSet

7. end scene with <end> button

8. items dropped/unequipped earlier in step 4 are cloned/equipped onto character,

those items are not listed in AAF_PlayerEquipment or activeEquipmentStorage structures during/after scene started in step 6.

As a sidenote, dropped items are erroneously listed in equipment manager during second scene (step 6) as those items are no longer in actors inventory.

Also attempting to use condition to not re-equip items on player by using this xml will break/stall unequipping for next scene.

First scene unequips items on player as expected, nothing was re-equipped at the end as expected. When a new scene is started, AAF doesn't unequip items on player (npcs weren't tested). All scenes had only solo positions for player char.

<equipmentSet id="reEquip">
		<condition isPlayer="false">
			<reEquip resetAll="true"/>
		</condition>
		<condition isPlayer="true">
			<reEquip bipedSlot="Hair Top"/>
			<reEquip bipedSlot="Hair Long"/>
			<reEquip bipedSlot="FaceGen Head"/>
			<reEquip bipedSlot="Scalp"/>
			<reEquip bipedSlot="FX"/>
      <!-- same behavior as with above
            <reEquip resetAll="false"> 
      -->
        </condition>
	</equipmentSet>

In the mean time, I just hack around this by modifying AAF_MainQuestScript::updateEquipment to not touch items on playerRef at all.

Spoiler

Function updateEquipment(Var[] actorFormID, Var[] equipment, Var[] isEquip)

Actor[] targetActor = new Actor[actorFormID.Length]
	Form[] equipmentForms = new Form[equipment.Length]
	Bool[] isEquipBool = new Bool[isEquip.Length]

int i = 0
	While i < actorFormID.Length
		targetActor[i] = Game.GetForm(actorFormID[i] as Int) as Actor
		equipmentForms[i] = Game.GetForm(equipment[i] as Int) as Form
		isEquipBool[i] = isEquip[i] as Bool
		i = i + 1
	EndWhile

i = 0
	While i < actorFormID.Length

If equipmentForms[i] != None
			If isEquipBool[i] == False

targetActor[i].UnEquipItem(equipmentForms[i], False, True)

; If targetActor[i] == currentDoppelganger
					; PlayerRef.UnEquipItem(equipmentForms[i], False, True)
				; EndIf
			Else
				Bool hack = targetActor[i] == currentDoppelganger || targetActor[i] == playerRef
				If !hack
					targetActor[i].EquipItem(equipmentForms[i], False, True)
				EndIf
			; 	If targetActor[i] == currentDoppelganger
			; 		; PlayerRef.EquipItem(equipmentForms[i], False, True)
			; 	EndIf
			EndIf
		EndIf
		i = i + 1
	EndWhile

EndFunction

AAF - QA - ReEquipRedux.7z

On 12/31/2020 at 5:20 PM, maddadicusrex said:

If you notice, it stops at processing position tree, which means either an outdated animation pack or XML patch might be causing the hiccup...

i am also not able to get past 68% as maddadcusrex and the only animation packs i have installed are vadermania[AAF] which is v1.1 and fourplay animations by crazy v1.3 and i have no other animation packs nor any of the female walk animations from nexus.

this is my new load order before activating AAF

Active Mod Files:

00  Fallout4.esm
01  DLCRobot.esm
02  DLCworkshop01.esm
03  DLCCoast.esm
04  DLCWorkshop02.esm
05  DLCWorkshop03.esm
06  DLCNukaWorld.esm
07  Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.1]
08  ArmorKeywords.esm
09  BodyTalk3-RaiderNormalsFix.esl
0A  HairVariations_Sophisticate.esp
0B  HairVariations_Conversions.esp
0C  HairVariations_YoungAtHeart.esp
0D  MiscHairstyle.esp
0E  KSHairdos.esp
0F  BetterModDescriptions.esp
10  WeaponModFixes-GOTY.esp
11  BetterModDesc_NuW.esp
12  BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp
13  LooksMenu.esp
14  LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
15  PinUpRedLipstick LMCC.esp  [Version 2.0]
16  The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
17  AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
18  Lots More Female Hairstyles.esp
19  MoreHairstyles4Female.esp
1A  KSHairdos_oel.esp
1B  Sun'sHepsyHair.esp
1C  AdditionalHairColors.esp
1D  VX PubicHair.esp
1E  FusionGirl.esp
1F  FusionGirlLooksMenu.esp
20  Armorsmith Extended.esp

and this is the load order after

activating/installing AAF

00  Fallout4.esm
01  DLCRobot.esm
02  DLCworkshop01.esm
03  DLCCoast.esm
04  DLCWorkshop02.esm
05  DLCWorkshop03.esm
06  DLCNukaWorld.esm
08  ArmorKeywords.esm
0A  AAF.esm  [Version 161.1]
0B  HairVariations_Sophisticate.esp
0C  HairVariations_Conversions.esp
0D  HairVariations_YoungAtHeart.esp
0E  MiscHairstyle.esp
0F  KSHairdos.esp
10  BetterModDescriptions.esp
11  WeaponModFixes-GOTY.esp
12  BetterModDesc_NuW.esp
13  BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp
14  LooksMenu.esp
15  LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
16  PinUpRedLipstick LMCC.esp  [Version 2.0]
17  The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
18  AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
19  Lots More Female Hairstyles.esp
1A  MoreHairstyles4Female.esp
1B  KSHairdos_oel.esp
1C  Sun'sHepsyHair.esp
1D  AdditionalHairColors.esp
1E  VX PubicHair.esp
1F  FusionGirl.esp
20  FusionGirlLooksMenu.esp
21  AAF_Four-Play_Animations_Crazy6987.esp
22  Armorsmith Extended.esp
23  Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp
24  AAF_debug_on.esp

as you can see i have a whole lot less mods active trying to get AAF working (remember stuck at 68%, and this is waiting till i am out of vault 111 and sitting on top of the entrance and looking at sanctuary hills)

typing in console 

stopquest aaf_mainquest            does absolutely nothing

have waited 5 mins before typing in

startquest aaf_mainquest

the whole time waiting  to restart the aaf quest, the 68% in the upper right corner never vanishes

and the aaf_debug_on.esp is only there to see if the mod is working, IF i ever get AAF working then the debug mod will go bye bye,

the theme i have installed is

AAF_VanillaKinkyCreatureAnimations_Themes_V201014.0

so out of the 37 mods i have active which mod is keeping aaf from working?

i would like to go back to playing FO4 again but AAF is keeping me from being able to play

so how am i going to get to play FO4 without removing AAF and the mods that depend upon it and going back to four play

1 hour ago, Caliban44 said:

i am also not able to get past 68% as maddadcusrex and the only animation packs i have installed are vadermania[AAF] which is v1.1 and fourplay animations by crazy v1.3 and i have no other animation packs nor any of the female walk animations from nexus.

this is my new load order before activating AAF

Active Mod Files:

Hide contents

00  Fallout4.esm
01  DLCRobot.esm
02  DLCworkshop01.esm
03  DLCCoast.esm
04  DLCWorkshop02.esm
05  DLCWorkshop03.esm
06  DLCNukaWorld.esm
08  ArmorKeywords.esm
0A  HairVariations_Sophisticate.esp
0B  HairVariations_Conversions.esp
0C  HairVariations_YoungAtHeart.esp
0D  MiscHairstyle.esp
0E  KSHairdos.esp
0F  BetterModDescriptions.esp
10  WeaponModFixes-GOTY.esp
11  BetterModDesc_NuW.esp
12  BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp
13  LooksMenu.esp
14  LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
15  PinUpRedLipstick LMCC.esp  [Version 2.0]
16  The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
17  AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
18  Lots More Female Hairstyles.esp
19  MoreHairstyles4Female.esp
1A  KSHairdos_oel.esp
1B  Sun'sHepsyHair.esp
1C  AdditionalHairColors.esp
1D  VX PubicHair.esp
1E  FusionGirl.esp
1F  FusionGirlLooksMenu.esp
20  Armorsmith Extended.esp

and this is the load order after

activating/installing AAF

Hide contents

00  Fallout4.esm
01  DLCRobot.esm
02  DLCworkshop01.esm
03  DLCCoast.esm
04  DLCWorkshop02.esm
05  DLCWorkshop03.esm
06  DLCNukaWorld.esm
08  ArmorKeywords.esm
0A  AAF.esm  [Version 161.1]
0B  HairVariations_Sophisticate.esp
0C  HairVariations_Conversions.esp
0D  HairVariations_YoungAtHeart.esp
0E  MiscHairstyle.esp
0F  KSHairdos.esp
10  BetterModDescriptions.esp
11  WeaponModFixes-GOTY.esp
12  BetterModDesc_NuW.esp
13  BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp
14  LooksMenu.esp
15  LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
16  PinUpRedLipstick LMCC.esp  [Version 2.0]
17  The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
18  AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
19  Lots More Female Hairstyles.esp
1A  MoreHairstyles4Female.esp
1B  KSHairdos_oel.esp
1C  Sun'sHepsyHair.esp
1D  AdditionalHairColors.esp
1E  VX PubicHair.esp
1F  FusionGirl.esp
20  FusionGirlLooksMenu.esp
21  AAF_Four-Play_Animations_Crazy6987.esp
22  Armorsmith Extended.esp
23  Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp
24  AAF_debug_on.esp

as you can see i have a whole lot less mods active trying to get AAF working (remember stuck at 68%, and this is waiting till i am out of vault 111 and sitting on top of the entrance and looking at sanctuary hills)

typing in console 

stopquest aaf_mainquest            does absolutely nothing

have waited 5 mins before typing in

startquest aaf_mainquest

the whole time waiting  to restart the aaf quest, the 68% in the upper right corner never vanishes

and the aaf_debug_on.esp is only there to see if the mod is working, IF i ever get AAF working then the debug mod will go bye bye,

the theme i have installed is

AAF_VanillaKinkyCreatureAnimations_Themes_V201014.0

so out of the 37 mods i have active which mod is keeping aaf from working?

i would like to go back to playing FO4 again but AAF is keeping me from being able to play

so how am i going to get to play FO4 without removing AAF and the mods that depend upon it and going back to four play

Vadermania and Crazy are old, outdated animation packs that usually will only work with patches. You need updated animation packs like Savage Cabbage and BP70 that are actually supported by the new AAF. AAF is a framework and has no animations built in. AAF also has a required mod list as well as several "how to setup "threads on this forum. I suggest you search them out..

17 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Vadermania and Crazy are old, outdated animation packs that usually will only work with patches. You need updated animation packs like Savage Cabbage and BP70 that are actually supported by the new AAF. AAF is a framework and has no animations built in. AAF also has a required mod list as well as several "how to setup "threads on this forum. I suggest you search them out..

Violate requires Vadermania.......

:exclamation:

On 1/18/2021 at 10:47 AM, requiredname65 said:

Also attempting to use condition to not re-equip items on player by using this xml will break/stall unequipping for next scene.

First scene unequips items on player as expected, nothing was re-equipped at the end as expected.

Ok, so why does BOS Officer Underarmor re-equip BEFORE the session ends? In fact, why does it show at all, since it is NOT in my companion's stuff?

:/

30 minutes ago, Grimmdal said:

hi, im trying to build a brothel , is it somehow possible to have multiple actors use animations at the same time , aka 4 people have sex at different places at the same time ? like this i only have 1 hooker working

Yes, AAF is capable of many animations at once. You can spawn additional animations with the on-screen wizard if you need to test that. I've also had plenty of times where different AAF-based mods started their own animations running concurrently. Some mods also start multiple animations at the same time, the orgy events in Boston Devious Helper as an example. For that matter, there's a stress test mod (I forget the name) which can be used to spawn something like 20-30 animations at once. If you're only seeing one animation happen at a time, that's up to the mod you're using to start them.

On 1/18/2021 at 7:47 AM, requiredname65 said:

How long is 'so much time'. I've tried to wait atleast 1 irl minutes between scenes with reequip_delay set to 5 and -1.

It resets to allow updating the recorded outfit once the reEquip after a scene is triggered. How long that takes is configurable in the ini. But, I think it's 30 seconds by default?

Thank you for the additional notes and QA file. I will test and see what I can find/fix for a future build.

On 1/18/2021 at 7:47 AM, requiredname65 said:

In fresh new save from outside vault 111 with AAF + Attached QA, no content mods:

-2 start new game without mods

-1 make a save at v111 exterior

0. enable aaf and load that save, aaf startbox messages are shown as expected for new save

1. start a scene via gui using DANCE position with default start- stopEquipmentSet (attached xmls provide vanilla DANCE position)

2. end scene with <end> button

3. aaf re-equips items as expected

4. wait until re-equip timer has expired (based on decompiled swf, this should take 1000ms with reequip_delay set to -1)

5. manually drop/unequip all items

6. start a scene via gui using DANCE or other position with default start- stopEquipmentSet

7. end scene with <end> button

8. items dropped/unequipped earlier in step 4 are cloned/equipped onto character,

those items are not listed in AAF_PlayerEquipment or activeEquipmentStorage structures during/after scene started in step 6.

I will look at this more closely as well. But, reading this... it sounds like the issue is that the ability to re-record the outfit is blocked because a reEquip event is never triggered because you have it disabled (setting equipDelay to -1). The 1000ms delay iirc is just a utility delay to allow certain code to execute in a good order.

Can you reproduce the issues you are seeing without setting equipDelay to -1?