Wonder if this AAF problem, but my companion example piper. After I gave piper some new clothes or any other clothes besides her default clothes. When I tried using AAF Violate, her default clothes started to appear or it instantly equips her default clothes. I even sold her default clothes, but it randomly appears on her inventory or even it equips it when I used Violate and AAF.

2 hours ago, Nothehalo said:

I am having problems with my AAF,  I am trying to get Deathclaw and other Creatures to show up in "Enable Actor Type" but only Humans, Ghoul, Robot, Supermutant, SuperMutantBehemoth and Synth. 

Reinstall AAF and make sure you select the option in its FOMOD installer menu to include support for all actor types (I forget the exact wording).

21 hours ago, Magenta147 said:

Wonder if this AAF problem, but my companion example piper. After I gave piper some new clothes or any other clothes besides her default clothes. When I tried using AAF Violate, her default clothes started to appear or it instantly equips her default clothes. I even sold her default clothes, but it randomly appears on her inventory or even it equips it when I used Violate and AAF.

This sounds like the same equipment bug mentioned above. That is already fixed in test builds. So, will be part of the next public release.

On 2/4/2021 at 5:25 PM, vaultbait said:

Reinstall AAF and make sure you select the option in its FOMOD installer menu to include support for all actor types (I forget the exact wording).

Is their a file in AAF that I can edit to controls which actor is on/off. unless one of my mods is preventing AAF from scanning or finding any creatures. 

18 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

It sounds like your mod organizer screwed up the installation. Did you even try to reinstall AAF?

yep multiple times

tried downloading it manually and seeing if i could find the files but didn't see them anywhere. No luck

was wondering if anyone else had this message from wrye bash

16 hours ago, Nothehalo said:

Is their a file in AAF that I can edit to controls which actor is on/off. unless one of my mods is preventing AAF from scanning or finding any creatures. 

No, support for additional actor types is chosen at install time, in the FOMOD menu. If you're not using a FOMOD-capable mod manager, then I recommend you switch to one (otherwise you'll need to reverse-engineer the FOMOD structure and work out which files to manually install where, which is fiddly, easy to get wrong, and probably a poor use of your time).

12 hours ago, Ds4nch3z said:

yep multiple times

tried downloading it manually and seeing if i could find the files but didn't see them anywhere. No luck

was wondering if anyone else had this message from wrye bash

Maybe are to blame banal settings Fallout4.INI ?

Translation files are along the path ....\Interface\Translations\AAF_XX.TXT

2 minutes ago, D_ManXX2 said:

Was wondering what is the best way to update AAF to newer update ? i use MO2 can i just disable the old one and enable the new one or do i need to do cleansave first ?

I can't speak for MO2 users, but with Vortex I just tell it to install the new version, and it automatically replaces the old one. You can keep playing the same save, I've never had to clean a save.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:00 PM, dagobaking said:

I don't know off-hand what they are. But, I'm pretty sure there are a few custom race mods that work with AAF already.

In any case, you can look at the XML that comes with AAF for the vanilla races. You would just set up additional entries pointing to the new race formID the same way.

The relevant XML types are documented here:

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/XML/race.md#!race

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/XML/actorType.md#!actortype

Both types are needed. One to define what formID is the race, which skeleton it uses and which icon graphic to use. The other tells AAF what keywords to search for to find valid actors. You will need to make sure that custom race has a keyword like this installed for it. Maybe just ActorTypeNPC.

Sorry for the very late response. I just hadn't gotten around to trying this. 

I wish you or someone else here could provide a bit more information on how to do this correctly, because I can't get it to work. :(

I tried looking up the ref ID for the actor type and race that I want to add to AAF. I opened the AAF_nameData and AAF_raceData_Fallout4 XMLs with Notepad, then copied an existing entry and just changed it to what I believe to be the correct names and IDs of the race I want to add in both XLMs. But, when I open the game and open AAF the character I want to select of the race I tried to add isn't in the AAF available actors list. 

What am I missing?

8 hours ago, UlquiorraCifer1964 said:

So I just installed the latest update and now AAF keeps getting a system error where it points at a xml file that has "bad formatting" and when I try to delete the mentioned file, it then points to another file instead. Is there any way to fix this?

Make sure whatever animation packs and XML patches you're installing are fully up to date. AAF added a validation routine and mod authors have for the most part updated their old content to comply if previously broken by it.

I'd suggest uninstalling all your animation packs and patches, then just install a very simple one (for example a pose mod) and make sure AAF starts cleanly. Then begin adding animation packs and see if it breaks. You may need to install compatibility patches to get some of the older abandoned ones working, but try to avoid installing unnecessary/cosmetic patch mods over top of them until you're sure the animations themselves aren't at issue.

8 minutes ago, Caliban44 said:

the reason i asked is that animations do not work on the npc that is knocked out using knockout framework, your pc still does the animations just not the knocked out npc

If a npc is in a KO state, the animations will still fire even though technically, one npc is disabled. I usually just end the animation after it starts.

On 2/10/2021 at 9:07 AM, WaSiren88 said:

Sorry for the very late response. I just hadn't gotten around to trying this. 

I wish you or someone else here could provide a bit more information on how to do this correctly, because I can't get it to work. :(

I tried looking up the ref ID for the actor type and race that I want to add to AAF. I opened the AAF_nameData and AAF_raceData_Fallout4 XMLs with Notepad, then copied an existing entry and just changed it to what I believe to be the correct names and IDs of the race I want to add in both XLMs. But, when I open the game and open AAF the character I want to select of the race I tried to add isn't in the AAF available actors list. 

What am I missing?

"ref ID"? You mean the form ID? One should be the form ID of the race and the other should be of the actor type keyword that is put on that race.

You could try posting your files/code in a separate post in the technical support section and maybe someone will point out what is wrong from there.

On 2/11/2021 at 5:16 AM, UlquiorraCifer1964 said:

So I just installed the latest update and now AAF keeps getting a system error where it points at a xml file that has "bad formatting" and when I try to delete the mentioned file, it then points to another file instead. Is there any way to fix this?

ScreenShot4.png

Sounds like you have a whole bunch of broken XML. This is really something to take up with the XML author as AAF is just doing its job to report the issues.

On 2/12/2021 at 1:54 PM, Caliban44 said:

the reason i asked is that animations do not work on the npc that is knocked out using knockout framework, your pc still does the animations just not the knocked out npc

AAF includes the API needed for knockout framework to avoid this (putting a keyword on knocked out characters so that AAF ignores them). This could even just be a simple patch that someone makes.

Accommodations for other mods is not something I wil add to AAF (with rare exception) because as a framework it would just add layer upon layer of extra code that impacts everyone who doesn't use that mod.