If it helps, reading through the papyrus logs, it says:

stack:
    [AAF_MainQuest (0F000F99)].aaf:aaf_mainquestscript.performActorScan() - "C:\Games\MO2_BASE\mods\AAF_DEV\Scripts\Source\User\AAF\AAF_MainQuestScript.psc" Line 2052
    [AAF_MainQuest (0F000F99)].aaf:aaf_mainquestscript.OnStartWizard() - "C:\Games\MO2_BASE\mods\AAF_DEV\Scripts\Source\User\AAF\AAF_MainQuestScript.psc" Line 2089
[03/13/2021 - 12:48:05PM] error: Cannot do float multiplication on non-floats

A few minor things:

AAF, documentation on settings, would really like to move AAF and the menu selection, the sex selection, stats, to the left side of the screen (because with some mods adding spell effects that last hours/days, they overlap horribly and the HUD editor I have doesn't seem to let me move those).

Just tried the latest version of "Cum Overlays" (here on LL) and it causes:  AAF to show a broken "%VAR4%" Scene configuration window that is dead (and doesn't go away, ever), trying a new scene opens 2 copies of it and all it finds are animals.  Didn't see any errors in AAF's log to even mention what is happening, so no clue there, but it isn't AAF doing it, so if anyone asks, talk to "Cum Overlays" and tell them there.  I tossed the saves back to before I installed it and AAF is back to normal.

*IS* there a setting to turn of what I call the "Elmer Glue Explosion" at the end of every scene?  In an indoor area with tight spaces and lots of stuff that isn't nailed down, that explosion basically shoots stuff everywhere and all they were doing was hugging!

GuruSR.

1 hour ago, GuruSR said:

AAF, documentation on settings, would really like to move AAF and the menu selection, the sex selection, stats, to the left side of the screen (because with some mods adding spell effects that last hours/days, they overlap horribly and the HUD editor I have doesn't seem to let me move those).

Have you looked in its configuration file? Increase the value of side_margin in the [PREFERENCES] section until it's as far to the left as you want it.

1 hour ago, GuruSR said:

*IS* there a setting to turn of what I call the "Elmer Glue Explosion" at the end of every scene?  In an indoor area with tight spaces and lots of stuff that isn't nailed down, that explosion basically shoots stuff everywhere and all they were doing was hugging!

No idea what you're referring to, but sounds like a feature of some animation pack or patch mod, not a feature of AAF.

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Have you looked in its configuration file? Increase the value of side_margin in the [PREFERENCES] section until it's as far to the left as you want it.

I have, why I asked afterwards, the preferences section lets you move it, but I was unaware what would happen if I moved it too far, to other items, presume that only affects the menu selection window and nothing else, but sadly, nothing is stated what changes.

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

No idea what you're referring to, but sounds like a feature of some animation pack or patch mod, not a feature of AAF.

When I added AAF, and the base animations/themes it said to do, upon an animation sequence ending, the screen shakes and *SPLAT*, wasn't doing that at all, ever, without AAF and all I had at the time was the base AAF and the base animation/themes sets, it was doing it then.  After I installed AAF for the first time I tried it, *SPLAT* and screen shake at the end of a hug animation, so it looked like a white glue bomb went off in their faces (probably elsewhere too), in a small confined space, people nearby got hit as did the loose items on tables, etc, which those flew about.

Since adding FPER with it's requirements and Cum Overlays (latest for everything as of the 14th of March), now AAF scans but fails to find anyone but creatures, no clue why, the log for AAF (that I turned on) has next to no information in it to shed some light on why this change happened (as before, Scene starts worked perfectly).

GuruSR.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:12 PM, iskruel said:

Well, then IDK what the issue can be because I've disabled everything but AAF, and it still thinks nearly half of the various XML files from the recommended downloads on page 1 can't be parsed.

I don't have any way of knowing either...

On 3/8/2021 at 10:44 PM, DragonReborn321 said:

Hello, I'm having a issue with a AAF system crash. "This XML file has bad formatting and could not be parsed: AAF_actorTypeData_all.xml". Any ideas on what direction to take in fixing this?

Bad edits to that file.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:37 AM, iskruel said:

JWell it seems the current AAF Beta 161.1 does not like any of the xmls that shipped with it, however the older xmls from AAF Beta 107.1 do allow it to initialize. What could cause this issue, in your opinion as the mod creator?

I can't reproduce this and nobody else has ever reported those results with the default XML files. So, I have to conclude that something is uniquely messed up with your build.

On 3/14/2021 at 11:50 AM, GuruSR said:

It's pretty hard-coded to be left justified. So, the closest to this would be as suggested above, make the right margin large enough to push it over on your screen.

Just tried the latest version of "Cum Overlays" (here on LL) and it causes:  AAF to show a broken "%VAR4%" Scene configuration window that is dead (and doesn't go away, ever), trying a new scene opens 2 copies of it and all it finds are animals.  Didn't see any errors in AAF's log to even mention what is happening, so no clue there, but it isn't AAF doing it, so if anyone asks, talk to "Cum Overlays" and tell them there.  I tossed the saves back to before I installed it and AAF is back to normal.

Not sure what is happening with that mod. I would need more technical info about what it tries to do that fails.

This isn't built into AAF. So, it seems like something that could simply be uninstalled? Or, if you want half of its functionality you might remove the parts that add the particle generation in the XML. (Unless that is built into the animations in which case you have to ask the animator).

On 3/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, GuruSR said:

I have, why I asked afterwards, the preferences section lets you move it, but I was unaware what would happen if I moved it too far, to other items, presume that only affects the menu selection window and nothing else, but sadly, nothing is stated what changes.

Why not just try it and find out?

On 1/31/2020 at 2:20 PM, satanfist said:

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply. I have now got it working of a sorts, but I would be very grateful for your help in tweaking the code. I want to create a AAF_equipmentSetData.xml that manages equipment for male and female humans, canines such as dogmeat and not forgetting the automatron race. Here is my current file that now works for servitron and humans, but has since stopped working for dogmeat who wears an alternate dog breed skin (Equippable Dogmeat Skins-21592-1-0 by MrEsturk) that I wish to remain on during the animations.

Many many thanks for your hard work with AAF, it makes adventuring in the Commonwealth much more pleasurable ;)

EDIT: I have re-attached a revised xml that works for all my actors. Hopefully it will be help to anyone else wishing to customise their AAF_equipmentSetData.xml. Lets get back to the fun of gaming :P

AAF_equipmentSetData.xml 7.97 kB · 39 downloads

Where does one put AAF_equipmentSetData.xml? Consider me an idiot, but I can't figure out anything.. Just issue after Error glitches after crash, I'm about to just quit all together.. No idea IF my problems can be fixed. Tried almost everything.

Error.png

7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It's pretty hard-coded to be left justified. So, the closest to this would be as suggested above, make the right margin large enough to push it over on your screen.

It was alright, I was able to move the other items from the right to the left, odd how everything seems to like being on the right by default.  Guess that is to avoid being overcast by the notifications.

Not sure what is happening with that mod. I would need more technical info about what it tries to do that fails.

It fails regularly now, after I put the mod back in and even without it, now AAF won't scan for anything but creatures, which I guess is when it finds nobody I see the %VAR4% and %VAR5% show up, though the oddity of the second window tied to Cum Overlays vanished when I unchecked the mod and tried it on the save, even the scanning worked properly, but rolling save games back (deleting) to before I installed all of them, AAF still won't scan anything but creatures, though as far as I know, I didn't remove anything (I don't use a mod manager, so files didn't get removed except for the save games I tossed).  What would you want me to do to help search the scanning issue out?  I'll add the two logs I tried opening/closing the Start Scene (did it twice), but from what I saw, there wasn't anything in there to complain, other than the massive amount of items "not present because they're no longer in ..." at the start.  Mod wasn't cleaned of those I guess, the first version of AAF is the 161.1 Beta.

This isn't built into AAF. So, it seems like something that could simply be uninstalled? Or, if you want half of its functionality you might remove the parts that add the particle generation in the XML. (Unless that is built into the animations in which case you have to ask the animator).

Odd, as I installed AAF161.1 Beta and it's requirements, so somehow every animation scene, shakes the screen and splatters everyone with (I'm presuming) cum overlays.  So in the installation page on here, what shouldn't I have installed?   FPER is also saying that hugging is vaginal sex and you could get pregnant from it (which somewhat made me laugh).

Papyrus.0.log AAFLog.0.log

Well, I ripped out pretty much everything related to AAF and put in the "basic" AAF ( + Atomic Lust), it *IS* scanning again, really close range only (all defaults as that is what was left).  So one of the Removed items conflicts with AAF 161.1 Beta's ability to scan, could be a malformed xml for animations.  I'll get to it when I have time tomorrow.

In the meantime, how many of the animations on the first page have been updated to the latest changes of the xml format?

Active:

Spoiler

Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
AAF.esm
ArmorKeywords.esm
BodyTalk3-RaiderNormalsFix.esl
AAFThemes.esl
CanarySaveFileMonitor.esl
Bememoth Separated Cart.esl
AutomatronDisassembler.esl
Homemaker.esm
Droids of the Commonwealth.esm
XDI.esm
Droids of the Commonwealth - Thermal Edition.esm
Servitron.esm
A.S.I.A..esm
A.S.I.A. - BoS Addon.esm
Servitron WA Automatron.esl
Servitron WA Far Harbor.esl
Servitron WA Nuka World.esl
Servitron WA Vanilla.esl
INVB_Impregnation_LL.esp
FPE_MoreCreatures-BabyAddons.esp
INVB_Storyline.esp
MakeYourOwnSynths.esp
SuperMutantFreezeFix.esp
FusionGirl.esp
Phase4DLC.esp
FO4Hotkeys.esp
IKAROS-Androids.esp
IKAROS-Androids Voice Modulator.esp
A.S.I.A. - AAF-RSE Patch.esp
A.S.I.A. - AEG Conversions.esp
HN66Fo4_EasyGirl_BS.esp
DX_Rogue_Prototype.esp
GSR_IKAROS_Addons.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
The Eyes of Beauty Looking Stranger.esp
EyesoftheUniverse.esp
KSHairdos_oel.esp
512StandaloneHairColors.esp
Lazman_Bikinis.esp
OutfitSwitcher.esp
LooksMenu.esp
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp
LMBTOverlays.esp
StartMeUp.esp
SRO - Syringer Overhaul.esp
FutaFEV.esp
Just Business.esp
TheAuctionhaus.esp
CROSS_Jetpack.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
MAID_by_Justice.esp
companion_DogBots.esp
ProjectSynth.esp
ProjectSynth IKAROS-Android.esp
Atomic Lust.esp

Removed:

Spoiler

AAF_STATS.esm
HUDFramework.esm
FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp
INVB_WastelandDairy.esp
FPEAIOCreatureAddon.esp
FPE_BabyAddons.esp
Deathclaw_nude.esp
ErectionFix_SilverPerv.esp
Rogue Sexbot.esp
WmkActiveEffects.esp
DroidStatWidgets.esp
Vioxsis_Strap-Ons.esp
SavageCabbage_Animations.esp
VisibleCompanionAffinity.esp
ImmersiveLoversEmbraceRemastered.esp
ImmersiveLoversEmbraceMagnolia.esp
Rogg No-Strip Items Manager.esp
FlirtyCommonwealth.esp
FlirtyCommonwealthFemale.esp

Also removed the xSE PluginPreloader, tbbmalloc.dll, version-1-10-163-0.bin and the loader IpHlpAPI.dll.  The March 6, 2021 Buffout 4 crashed Fallout4.exe with an exception and was removed a while ago.

GuruSR.
On 3/16/2021 at 2:40 AM, CrowDeadRose said:

Where does one put AAF_equipmentSetData.xml? Consider me an idiot, but I can't figure out anything.. Just issue after Error glitches after crash, I'm about to just quit all together.. No idea IF my problems can be fixed. Tried almost everything.

Error.png

It looks like that file is in the correct place. But, is badly formatted.

I think you should just quit now if modding is that frustrating.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:27 AM, GuruSR said:

It was alright, I was able to move the other items from the right to the left, odd how everything seems to like being on the right by default.  Guess that is to avoid being overcast by the notifications.

There aren't really any areas of the screen that aren't used by either the Vanilla GUI or popular mods. That right side seems to be the least touched which is why it was chosen for AAF.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:27 AM, GuruSR said:

Odd, as I installed AAF161.1 Beta and it's requirements, so somehow every animation scene, shakes the screen and splatters everyone with (I'm presuming) cum overlays.  So in the installation page on here, what shouldn't I have installed?   FPER is also saying that hugging is vaginal sex and you could get pregnant from it (which somewhat made me laugh).

The types of issues you describe are symptomatic of not really modding right. You have all kinds of mods installed and no third party is ever going to have any idea of where to start troubleshooting or whether or not you installed (or uninstalled) anything incorrectly.

You need to start from a much simpler build where everything works as expected and then slowly add and test things little by little to identify if/when a certain mod causes an issue. In most cases like that, someone else had the same issue and solution posted in the right place.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:52 AM, VonHelton said:

As the resident "bugg magnet" I can report that 161 is working fine. In fact, EVERYTHING is working fine, and I even fixed the Super Mutant Freeze. The downside is that their penises are always erect.

:thumbsup:

This may be a first! Thank you for saying and good to hear.

2 hours ago, GuruSR said:
In the meantime, how many of the animations on the first page have been updated to the latest changes of the xml format?

AAF should actually be backward compatible with the old format anyway. Where that may break down is when used with other mods that inject data into other XML files (tags, etc).

As mentioned above, just install the basics and add the AAF related mods one at a time and test. If one of them breaks something put it aside and add others instead.

6 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It looks like that file is in the correct place. But, is badly formatted.

I think you should just quit now if modding is that frustrating.

There aren't really any areas of the screen that aren't used by either the Vanilla GUI or popular mods. That right side seems to be the least touched which is why it was chosen for AAF.

The types of issues you describe are symptomatic of not really modding right. You have all kinds of mods installed and no third party is ever going to have any idea of where to start troubleshooting or whether or not you installed (or uninstalled) anything incorrectly.

You need to start from a much simpler build where everything works as expected and then slowly add and test things little by little to identify if/when a certain mod causes an issue. In most cases like that, someone else had the same issue and solution posted in the right place.

This may be a first! Thank you for saying and good to hear.

Since you mentioned the Supermutant Freeze, I have it but only sometimes, maybe 20%.  If it happens, I open the console, select the frozen SM and type "sexchange" then hit enter.  I do it again to return the SM to its original state.  It doesn't really change anything.  When I close the console, the inventory is normal and when I remove anything the body falls to the ground.  It is an extra step but it works.

3 hours ago, reconphil said:

Since you mentioned the Supermutant Freeze, I have it but only sometimes, maybe 20%.  If it happens, I open the console, select the frozen SM and type "sexchange" then hit enter.  I do it again to return the SM to its original state.  It doesn't really change anything.  When I close the console, the inventory is normal and when I remove anything the body falls to the ground.  It is an extra step but it works.

I need to do some more testing, but I may have figured the whole problem from the beginning........

It would seem that MO & Vortex are not replacing the right files.

I'll let you know something if I have a breakthrough.....

:thumbsup:

13 hours ago, dagobaking said:

AAF should actually be backward compatible with the old format anyway. Where that may break down is when used with other mods that inject data into other XML files (tags, etc).

As mentioned above, just install the basics and add the AAF related mods one at a time and test. If one of them breaks something put it aside and add others instead.

I did, rebuilt the AAF folder from scratch, it is working again with 1 minor oddness which I've not looked at, scenes started don't auto-finish, did before, not sure why.

I did find the culprit, but I did fix it:

AAF_actorTypeData_IKAROS.xml:

<actorTypeData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd">

<defaults source="IKAROS-Androids.esp"/>

<!-- Keyword(s) to use for actor scan. -->

<group id="Human">
		<actorType form="2CB72" id="ActorTypeHuman" raceList="IKAROSRace"/>
	</group>
</actorTypeData>

Now it loads fine, just have to sort out why scenes I start have to be managed, unlike before they'd end after 90 seconds or so.  Jeez, I could leave them screwing on the bed for days...  Okay, maybe not.

I just have basic Atomic Lust and Savage's animations and patches, put all the mods back in, though I left out the precache, not sure if it'll make much difference, I'll try putting it back in later.

I'm including my AAF_Settings.ini because putting code behind a spoiler mangles it...

GuruSR.

AAF_settings.ini

2 hours ago, GuruSR said:

scenes started don't auto-finish, did before, not sure why.

What's starting these scenes? There's a chance that the mod starting them is calling the StopScene() function with scripts compiled against a version of AAF which takes a different number of parameters, and needs to be rebuilt against the latest AAF script sources. There was a public release somewhere in the beta 151-156 timeframe where it took an additional abruptStop parameter, but that was reverted in beta 157 since it was acknowledged as being non-backward-compatible with scripts in some older/abandoned mods.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:40 PM, CrowDeadRose said:

I could pass you my edited XMLs so far? I'm editing my ones that crash to the new format myself, since otherwise it may take months.
Just make backups of your existing ones. I foresee more issues going forward as LL's plugin bloat worsens and as file updates to the new xml format lags behind...

I'm still getting pre-scene timeout, though. The actors never start walking towards each other, and if I set the time for that to zero, they just stand there.

On 3/18/2021 at 6:44 PM, vaultbait said:

What's starting these scenes? There's a chance that the mod starting them is calling the StopScene() function with scripts compiled against a version of AAF which takes a different number of parameters, and needs to be rebuilt against the latest AAF script sources. There was a public release somewhere in the beta 151-156 timeframe where it took an additional abruptStop parameter, but that was reverted in beta 157 since it was acknowledged as being non-backward-compatible with scripts in some older/abandoned mods.

Me, testing the Start Scene which wasn't working before but now is after much work in finding the first culprit (possibly more but those weren't installed again).  I recall when I set one up, that it would last for about 90 seconds and then automatically end.

GuruSR.

The above IKAROS file was/may be old and unnecessary for the current version to tell the player can play regular Human animations.  I'm not sure, but apparently it *was* needed at one point.  But with respect to Family Planning, it is seeing the IKAROS, A.S.I.A. and DoTC as capable of having babies (which they're not), do the flags in the AAF_actorTypeData files hold anything for external addons or is that just for animation purposes?

GuruSR.

9 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Me, testing the Start Scene which wasn't working before but now is after much work in finding the first culprit (possibly more but those weren't installed again).  I recall when I set one up, that it would last for about 90 seconds and then automatically end.

GuruSR.

Assuming you mean you're starting scenes with AAF's on-screen wizard then? Those have always looped indefinitely for me until I manually end them by pressing the END key on the keyboard.

Most mods which start animations themselves run a scene for a set duration or just play an animation through once, or stop animations based on other factors, but I'm pretty sure if you manually initiate a scene with AAF it just goes indefinitely until you explicitly ask it to stop.

21 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Assuming you mean you're starting scenes with AAF's on-screen wizard then? Those have always looped indefinitely for me until I manually end them by pressing the END key on the keyboard.

Most mods which start animations themselves run a scene for a set duration or just play an animation through once, or stop animations based on other factors, but I'm pretty sure if you manually initiate a scene with AAF it just goes indefinitely until you explicitly ask it to stop.

Hmm, I wonder what changes happened between the reinstall with minimal animations to cause the manually started scenes not to automatically end, that was actually handy.  Could get a group going, then go make another one.

GuruSR.

Okay, had 2 people having sex (oddly I'm not seeing anything with respect to FPER messages), by accident I pressed Enter when I was trying to do something else, well, the window for a new scene opened, people were in the list, but I couldn't start it, nor could I get rid of it, so I ended the existing scene with End and couldn't still start the next scene window, when I pressed Enter, I got a second one over it again.

A bug?  If a scene is running and a scene window is open, that Enter button should be ghosted.

GuruSR.

49 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

Okay, had 2 people having sex (oddly I'm not seeing anything with respect to FPER messages), by accident I pressed Enter when I was trying to do something else, well, the window for a new scene opened, people were in the list, but I couldn't start it, nor could I get rid of it, so I ended the existing scene with End and couldn't still start the next scene window, when I pressed Enter, I got a second one over it again.

A bug?  If a scene is running and a scene window is open, that Enter button should be ghosted.

GuruSR.

I don't follow your logic, or I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say happened. The AAF scene wizard is intended to allow you to start and end multiple concurrent scenes, so you can totally create a new scene while there is a scene playing, or several, and can even toggle between the in progress scenes to adjust or end them.

19 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I don't follow your logic, or I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say happened. The AAF scene wizard is intended to allow you to start and end multiple concurrent scenes, so you can totally create a new scene while there is a scene playing, or several, and can even toggle between the in progress scenes to adjust or end them.

What happened was I somehow opened *2* scene starts on top of each other, but could only remove one with pressing Enter.  The other one went dead.

GuruSR.

56 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

What happened was I somehow opened *2* scene starts on top of each other, but could only remove one with pressing Enter.  The other one went dead.

GuruSR.

Are you able to reproduce that behavior? Maybe by pressing the return key twice in rapid succession?