2 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Well, I found one of my problems.......It seems AAF was asking for the file "femalebody_sk.dds".......So I made one & tossed it in my Textures/Actors/Character/BaseHumanFemale folder & now alot of my problems are gone!

AAF is not handling base body textures at all. The mesh and the possible plugin of the body mod you're using does.
While AAF is able to apply additional textures via overlay, it does NOT touch any base textures. Not asking for them and neither looking for them.

19 hours ago, Infec7edDragon said:

20201023101732_1.jpg.8652231bcb26447f9a70b63859e7127e.jpgI just downloaded the updated file on nexus and now my AAF gives me something abt "061 no actors found" or something along those lines it wont let me pair actors for animations now ;(

EDIT: here's a pic of my debug and the right side depicting what I explained above about the actors 

It looks like you are missing plugins that are needed by other mods you have installed. What you are seeing may be the result of AAF more effectively turning off access to mods to protect itself from other errors.

Resolving these problems will likely make this issue go away.

1 hour ago, AkiKay said:

Just wanted to quickly say that AAF indeed is not the issue that made my game suffer to much. It was 2k Face and Body Textures. Now my Characters skin looks like a potato but the game runs.  "I´ve won, but at what cost ?"

Perhaps a minor setback.  Might be able to fix it or perhaps another mod that will give your character a face that doesn't look like a potato. :D Such is the nature of modding. Unfortunately. 

Hi. Just installed beta 154 and initialization is hanging at 45% on current playthrough. Tried starting character, and again hangs at 45%. Thanks

Edit: took everything back to just AAF and reinstalled. Working now, although borked a playthrough (new loads fine, playthrough stuck at 90%). Only things I did were update Violate and SEU one version to the latest, and unchecked leito in the ulfbreth's patch cause also using staged leito patch. Just an FYI if anyone gets stuck.

Okay, so i wanted to make a quest mod that either changes or piggie backs of the main quest storyline. Kinda like how fallouttw quest overhaul was. And i knew it was going to be a challenge cause im very new to modding but i was making good pace last night till i realized idk how to script sex scenes from aaf. At all. I spent some time searching the forums but there is so many post i couldnt find the one i was looking for. and the aaf wiki i cant seem to understand even the slightest. Im hoping someone can help me understand how to define two actors and have them initiate after a stage update. I just cannot seem to find the know how to do this. any help is appreciated, honestly. 

On 10/23/2020 at 5:22 PM, CGi said:

AAF is not handling base body textures at all. The mesh and the possible plugin of the body mod you're using does.
While AAF is able to apply additional textures via overlay, it does NOT touch any base textures. Not asking for them and neither looking for them.

Ok, now I'm curious.......Doesn't AAF swap the base files from the player character to the doppelganger?

:O

10 hours ago, StarQuaker said:

Okay, so i wanted to make a quest mod that either changes or piggie backs of the main quest storyline. Kinda like how fallouttw quest overhaul was. And i knew it was going to be a challenge cause im very new to modding but i was making good pace last night till i realized idk how to script sex scenes from aaf. At all. I spent some time searching the forums but there is so many post i couldnt find the one i was looking for. and the aaf wiki i cant seem to understand even the slightest. Im hoping someone can help me understand how to define two actors and have them initiate after a stage update. I just cannot seem to find the know how to do this. any help is appreciated, honestly. 

That is explained here:

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/API/StartScene.md#!function-startscene

31 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

Ok, now I'm curious.......Doesn't AAF swap the base files from the player character to the doppelganger?

:O

It doesn't.

The doppelganger is a custom actor that uses the player character as a "template". That allows it to have the same face, base skin, etc. AAF then copies overlays, morphs, equipment, etc. in order to make the copy look complete.

The real player character actor never swaps with anything. It is just made invisible during the animation.

21 hours ago, dagobaking said:

That is explained here:

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/API/StartScene.md#!function-startscene

It doesn't.

The doppelganger is a custom actor that uses the player character as a "template". That allows it to have the same face, base skin, etc. AAF then copies overlays, morphs, equipment, etc. in order to make the copy look complete.

The real player character actor never swaps with anything. It is just made invisible during the animation.

Okay, thank you. I'll try following it and see if i can achieve the results i was looking for. High chances ill have more questions since im really new to the whole scripting scene. 

Hey, okay, got another burning question for you among the many, is there a settings.removeTag function?

the reason I ask is so that I don't have to include AAF plugin for every script fragment just to make a condition statement during the fragment and I'd like to remove some tags in-case some conditions are met. Out of curiosity, can I do settings.includeTags -= ",uselesstag" ? ... or something like that, because apparently I can't remove strings :P

1 hour ago, D_ManXX2 said:

Do anyone know what this error message means ? whenever i use violate i get an error named: AAF OnsceneHit Status [4] but nothing happens. all my other mods works perfectly.

Hi @D_ManXX2 if you are in a hurry, I'd try checking out the discord thread (found in Saya's guide pinned) There are alot of modders and such there. They likely seen that error before. and can give you a pointer.

https://discord.gg/B95qTEn

Good Luck

10 hours ago, StaticPhobia2 said:

Hey, okay, got another burning question for you among the many, is there a settings.removeTag function?

the reason I ask is so that I don't have to include AAF plugin for every script fragment just to make a condition statement during the fragment and I'd like to remove some tags in-case some conditions are met. Out of curiosity, can I do settings.includeTags -= ",uselesstag" ? ... or something like that, because apparently I can't remove strings :P

No. There isn't a way to remove tags. Though, there is a settings.excludeTags variable.

3 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

Do anyone know what this error message means ? whenever i use violate i get an error named: AAF OnsceneHit Status [4] but nothing happens. all my other mods works perfectly.

As written that does not sound like it comes directly from AAF. Perhaps the violate mod. If it is referring to OnSceneInit error codes it means that there are no animations installed for the combination of actors it tried to start a scene for.

On 10/27/2020 at 1:02 AM, dagobaking said:

That's ok. Ask away!

So im reading the website, and i understand the structure behind the scripts. Like how the function startscene works and its phases. But my issue is i dont know where i put any of these scripts, or how i connect them to the quest or actors im making. Since whenever i try to follow the script format theres always a compiling error. Im sure this is simpler than im making it out to be, but since im very scripting illiterate it makes these situations worse. 

2 hours ago, StarQuaker said:

So im reading the website, and i understand the structure behind the scripts. Like how the function startscene works and its phases. But my issue is i dont know where i put any of these scripts, or how i connect them to the quest or actors im making. Since whenever i try to follow the script format theres always a compiling error. Im sure this is simpler than im making it out to be, but since im very scripting illiterate it makes these situations worse. 

We would need to know what the compiler errors are.
Could be missing F4SE source scripts, other dependencies and many other things.

4 hours ago, StarQuaker said:

That raises much more high level questions about modding in general.

Depending on how your dev environment is set up, there are often compile errors if you try to compile from the CreationKit. Is that where you are editing scripts?

Instead, you should use a text editor outside of CreationKit. Search for "Sublime Text" on the creationkit wiki and follow those instructions.

Backing up even further, you need to learn some basics about how the game uses scripts. A decent primer on all of that can all also be found on the creationkit wiki.

On 10/30/2020 at 3:08 AM, dagobaking said:

That raises much more high level questions about modding in general.

Depending on how your dev environment is set up, there are often compile errors if you try to compile from the CreationKit. Is that where you are editing scripts?

Instead, you should use a text editor outside of CreationKit. Search for "Sublime Text" on the creationkit wiki and follow those instructions.

Backing up even further, you need to learn some basics about how the game uses scripts. A decent primer on all of that can all also be found on the creationkit wiki.

It would seem my lack of knowledge in the area is truly restricting my ability to solve and ask questions. I may have underestimated the complexity of making a mod with scripts. Which I'm glad because it gives me a new light to look at, after seeing so many incredible mods. I jumped the gun here by a large margin. I guess I first need to learn how to script before attempting to make anything. I thought it was a simple copy paste but I was wrong clearly. 

I appreciate all the efforts to help me, thank you. :)

But it seems before I can understand your help I have to go watch videos or read how to script. Hopefully next time I post in the forum I can ask questions with alot more details and understanding.