1 minute ago, dagobaking said:

Yes. That is correct. You can apply an equipmentSet through Papyrus without an animation going.

You could create a Papyrus script that registers for those events and then applies an equipmentSet at that time. Yes.

You need to make the equipmentSets with XML. So, that couldn't really be done in-game. But, you could make a few different equipmentSets in the XML and then have in-game options to switch between those.

But man, this is BRUTAL, and I'm not exaggerating! This mod has tremendous hidden potential!. If all this were caught by an experienced modder ... I'm going to have to study all of this very carefully.

THANKS

6 minutes ago, antoniut said:

But man, this is BRUTAL, and I'm not exaggerating! This mod has tremendous hidden potential!. If all this were caught by an experienced modder ... I'm going to have to study all of this very carefully.

THANKS

Indeed. I made a decision for various reasons to stick to working on the engine without making any kind of content/mods-using-the-engine. So, a lot of what is in there has been made in the hopes that mod authors would look into it and use the features based on docs and existing AAF mods.

The problem is, without initial examples of everything, it's challenging for others to know all of the features or how they were intended to be used.

Many modders have taken it forward in that way. But, even then, many features do remain relatively unused so far.

2 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Indeed. I made a decision for various reasons to stick to working on the engine without making any kind of content/mods-using-the-engine. So, a lot of what is in there has been made in the hopes that mod authors would look into it and use the features based on docs and existing AAF mods.

The problem is, without initial examples of everything, it's challenging for others to know all of the features or how they were intended to be used.

Many modders have taken it forward in that way. But, even then, many features do remain relatively unused so far.

Well that's a real shame ...
In other words, an automatic outfit changer mod  for both the player and the teammates, that occurs to me suddenly, and that they can respond to events, for example ...
Outfit for swimming, sleeping, combat, in different locations, Fallout 4 community needs this! ?

3 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Make it!

I would love to be able to do it right now, really!
But at the moment I am learning a little of everything. It is the learning stage I am in, I am like a monkey, I look at the work of others and then I can understand what is happening and tweak a little. But when it comes to starting from scratch, after thinking about what to do, my head explodes ...

4 minutes ago, antoniut said:

But at the moment I am learning a little of everything. It is the learning stage I am in, I am like a monkey, I look at the work of others and then I can understand what is happening and tweak a little. But when it comes to starting from scratch, after thinking about what to do, my head explodes ...

This mite help you in your quest :

17 minutes ago, antoniut said:

You are right where you should be.  The "understand what is happening and tweak a little" is exactly where you need to be.  You can make most of the changes you might desire to something you download. Soon you will be able to make some connections to other task and expand your skills, then some more, then more. :D

If you want to do something and can't figure it out with basic understanding of what is going on, you can easily post a thread with your goal and some info on the code, or path that you have and what you want to do. It is a great place to be as then someone with the skills needed can chime in with a quick fix or pointer in a correct direction. Just remember to be patient. it will come to you.

11 hours ago, dagobaking said:

The animation config in that pack need to be updated so that the animation loops aren't so short. The game engine starts to ignore animation requests if they are made faster than 350 milliseconds apart.

Thanks for the reply!!

Is there any way i can config to increase the animation loop above 350 milliseconds myself? Or it's too complicated for noobs like me ?!

37 minutes ago, Edzio said:

Thanks for the reply!!

Is there any way i can config to increase the animation loop above 350 milliseconds myself? Or it's too complicated for noobs like me ?!

It kind of depends on the animations in the pack. If they are really too short, it would require the animation source to adjust them and republish first.

You can use the AAFMakeXML utility to see what the animation lengths are in a pack. It is on the nexus page: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31304?tab=files

Then, you plug in those lengths into the animation pack XML file(s) as the "frames" attribute. They must be at least 11 frames long in order to be the minimum 350 milliseconds long.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Then, you plug in those lengths into the animation pack XML file(s) as the "frames" attribute. They must be at least 11 frames long in order to be the minimum 350 milliseconds long.

Trying to learn, so if i see animations less than 11 then i should change it to 11 ? scratch that

Edit :  For example AAF tells me that somes of Vadermania Animation are under the 350 ms

So what i would need to do is replace the lenght of time or frame from 60 to 350 ?

I should write that in the xml and save and the animation should be ok ?

3 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

Trying to learn, so if i see animations less than 11 then i should change it to 11 ? scratch that

Edit :  For example AAF tells me that somes of Vadermania Animation are under the 350 ms

So what i would need to do is replace the lenght of time or frame from 60 to 350 ?

I should write that in the xml and save and the animation should be ok ?

Older animation packs may have used "time" in the XML. That is deprecated. So, all animation XML should now use "frames". The frames should match how many frames the animation really is. Otherwise, it might start the animation over before it is completed (among other potential issues).

If the animation is a pose it will be just 1 frame. In that case, you should add: tag="pose" so that it doesn't throw an error.

If the animation is not a pose but is really less than 11 frames long, one thing you could try would be to double the frame-length in the XML. Then AAF would play it twice before resetting the loop and it should work. Though, that could potentially throw off action XML. So, it's not ideal.

@mashup47

19 hours ago, mashup47 said:

This mite help you in your quest :

Thank you very much for the link, it is very good, however, that guy speaks very quickly ? (English is not my native language, but i defend myself)

@RitualClarity

19 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

You are right where you should be.  The "understand what is happening and tweak a little" is exactly where you need to be.  You can make most of the changes you might desire to something you download. Soon you will be able to make some connections to other task and expand your skills, then some more, then more. :D

If you want to do something and can't figure it out with basic understanding of what is going on, you can easily post a thread with your goal and some info on the code, or path that you have and what you want to do. It is a great place to be as then someone with the skills needed can chime in with a quick fix or pointer in a correct direction. Just remember to be patient. it will come to you.

Nice words, thanks so much for trying to cheer me up. But personally I consider that publishing a mod is a very serious matter, and it is something that, at the moment, I do not dare to do. If some mod author takes the idea, and develops it, I will not cry the least. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, antoniut said:

@RitualClarity

Nice words, thanks so much for trying to cheer me up. But personally I consider that publishing a mod is a very serious matter, and it is something that, at the moment, I do not dare to do. If some mod author takes the idea, and develops it, I will not cry the least. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

You willing to work with others on a project that they are posting?  That is another thing you can do as well.  Perhaps first step is to make language translations for some mods ;) If not .. it is all good.

I feel stupid for asking this question...and I have read a few pages back....and visited the wiki....and ...well, just say I can't find my answer...

this update, (and others) says AAF requires F4SE 6.20 .... 6.21 was released mid April according to my download....has the requirements simply not been updated or does AAF 1.33 still require 6.20?

I am performing a complete rebuild of FO4 after updating FO4 files....my typical 2/3 month ritual...

thanks in advance....

V/R,

pops

14 hours ago, popvirus2 said:

I feel stupid for asking this question...and I have read a few pages back....and visited the wiki....and ...well, just say I can't find my answer...

this update, (and others) says AAF requires F4SE 6.20 .... 6.21 was released mid April according to my download....has the requirements simply not been updated or does AAF 1.33 still require 6.20?

I am performing a complete rebuild of FO4 after updating FO4 files....my typical 2/3 month ritual...

thanks in advance....

V/R,

pops

There may have been an F4SE update since the last game update. In that case, it should work fine with the newer version. Normally, the updates come out whenever there is a game update.

1 hour ago, Kidtheif said:

I am having an issue with it not finding Positional Data, and skimming through this threat i couldn't find anything that helps fix this issue. can anyone help me?

Sounds like you have installed a mod that requires another one that is not installed. You will need to re-install those mods and look more closely at the options and requirements.

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

There may have been an F4SE update since the last game update. In that case, it should work fine with the newer version. Normally, the updates come out whenever there is a game update.

Sounds like you have installed a mod that requires another one that is not installed. You will need to re-install those mods and look more closely at the options and requirements.

thank youi

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

thank you

On 5/26/2020 at 5:18 PM, ntblood said:

Will AAF work with FO4VR?

Not completely sure. I don't think so.

In part will it work without f4se?

No.

Can you have this installed without conflict with Four-play even if they don't work in conjunction?

Yes.