1 hour ago, jarno5 said:

What do you mean by 'My build is a mess?' ive updated every mod along with there requirments and fallout itself. and it all works fine except for the facelight. even fixed the long error list in the admin tab.
I have read the changelog since it stopped working going from 117 to 121b

Can you tell me what this does? "Some effects being applied redundantly during some types of animation loops. Should be some performance improvement. Unknown side effects addressed."

What is meant by effects? i know facelight i added by means of magic effect rather then equipment like the fx slot.

or are these effects in a diffrent catagorie?

I'd advise you to check over on the discord channel for support on this. There are lots of people there that are helping, they are active there better chance to catch someone that could help ... My suggestion in any case.

https://discord.gg/XADAQS

20 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Yea. there are loads of nice pose mods for AAF as well. Great if you want to do a lot of screen captures after getting board of playing the game. :D

Yeah FO4 is a bit lackluster after playing Skyrim...And Skyrim is boring without mods.

17 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Yeah. That feature is central to the ways I imagined AAF would be used that is different from past animation systems. But, hasn't been widely used yet.

A lot could be done by making a solo animation that triggers a search (via OnAnimationStart, etc.) for actors to respond (by joining or doing their own animations, etc.).

Hasn't been used prolly because a lot of fo4 animators are most likely hardwired to creating for Sexlab. Old habits are hard to break.  I am still trying to grasp all the info on the AAF wiki and how to use it.  I'm even new to animating so there is all that to grasp too. I hope that I can add something believable eventually. 

4 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I'd advise you to check over on the discord channel for support on this. There are lots of people there that are helping, they are active there better chance to catch someone that could help ... My suggestion in any case.

https://discord.gg/XADAQS

Hi RitualClarity,

Thanks for your reply and for the link.

I the mean time i managed to make a workaround for myself regarding facelight.

after some tinkering with f4edit i got it working as an object modification with a magic effect (already there by the mod itself) and attached it to a ring i always wear for High Heel sounds. and made it protectedequipment by the system so it wont go off during AAF scenes and thus the light stays on now.

Id still like to know if the quote form earlier from the 121B changelog note is actualy removing Magic Effects. this would make sense because it always worked for me up until this update.

8 hours ago, antoniut said:

Any mods using this technology now?

I'm not sure if it has been implemented (yet). But, I believe EgoBallistics mods may use it. I pretty much stick to working on AAF. So, I'm a little behind on knowing where other mods are at.

8 hours ago, jarno5 said:

What do you mean by 'My build is a mess?'

You wrote that you updated from very old versions and that you recently removed files. Too many things can go wrong to use a base like that to conclusively confirm what caused a bug.

Have you tried reproducing the issue with a new game and only the bare minimum mods installed?

8 hours ago, jarno5 said:

Can you tell me what this does? "Some effects being applied redundantly during some types of animation loops. Should be some performance improvement. Unknown side effects addressed."

What is meant by effects? i know facelight i added by means of magic effect rather then equipment like the fx slot.

or are these effects in a diffrent catagorie?

The code that update refers to is not related to the facelight code. The facelight code is very simple and has not been changed for a long time.

2 hours ago, murf said:

Yeah FO4 is a bit lackluster after playing Skyrim...And Skyrim is boring without mods.

It takes some mods. But, I think FO4 is as good or better with some adjustment. Of course, its also a bit subjective if someone likes guns vs wizards and dragons too.

2 hours ago, murf said:

Hasn't been used prolly because a lot of fo4 animators are most likely hardwired to creating for Sexlab.

Yeah. I do think that past systems are a big influence. Not as much from animators though. Mainly just non-author users that expect everything to work the same.

2 hours ago, murf said:

I am still trying to grasp all the info on the AAF wiki and how to use it.

It would be a bit easier if I made content examples. But, I'm not comfortable doing that. So, yeah, some reading between the lines is needed (or looking at other mods).

Let me know if you have any "how to" or "what is that for" like questions.

2 hours ago, murf said:

I'm even new to animating so there is all that to grasp too. I hope that I can add something believable eventually. 

The setup is the hardest part for that. But, once you get all the right versions, plugins, etc. in place it's pretty straight forward from there.

Thanks for reacting dagobaking!

With cleaning files a meant cleaning up my download folder in that way i did not have access to 117 anymore ( always keep a folder with downloads on the side if i need it) i did not clean files in any of the game directory's :) sorry for the misunderstanding there.

I will try it in a new game this evening and let you know!

Also, in f4edit i saw that the script for facelight gets called by means of a quest, could there be a conflict there? 
now with a ring and object effect the light stays during anims. so in that case im avoiding making use of the script/quest and applying the effect directly right?

EDIT:

Tried a new game with same load order: No light during AAF

Tried a new game with minimal load order ( AAF + Requirements + one pose pack ) : No light during AAF

Im lost here, do you have any idea's left?

hi guys, I am not sure if it related at all, I thought maybe it could cause that I am saving while aff reloading or smtg, but I have some issues lately. The game tells me you cannot save right now when I try to save. When I first load up the game I can save, sometimes I play for 30 min and still able to save. Sometimes I save then reload a save and I get the message you cannot save right now. If I restart the game I will be able to save again.

Anybody has any idea what this could be? Is it related to AFF?

13 hours ago, jarno5 said:

Also, in f4edit i saw that the script for facelight gets called by means of a quest, could there be a conflict there? 
now with a ring and object effect the light stays during anims. so in that case im avoiding making use of the script/quest and applying the effect directly right?

I'm not sure how the ring is set up. There could be multiple ways to do that.

The main AAF quest script should apply the facelight (if its installed) to the doppelganger at animation start.

13 hours ago, jarno5 said:

Im lost here, do you have any idea's left?

I can't think of anything. I set it up and tested it a long time ago. But, I don't normally use facelight myself. Seems like if it was broken for everyone we would have heard more about it. But, maybe someone else can confirm?

5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I'm not sure how the ring is set up. There could be multiple ways to do that.

The main AAF quest script should apply the facelight (if its installed) to the doppelganger at animation start.

I can't think of anything. I set it up and tested it a long time ago. But, I don't normally use facelight myself. Seems like if it was broken for everyone we would have heard more about it. But, maybe someone else can confirm?

I think i may have found the issue, and as you suggested it does not involve AAF.
By upgrading fallout to 163 the mod seem to have partly broken.
When you enter or exit a cell in 3rd person, the light does not appear until you switch once to 1ste and back to 3rd.

Could this be why it also does not work when AAF gets called?
Im not sure how AAF works but does it do a kind of 'Cell Reload' on annimation start? that would explain the no light thing.

i just happend to stumble uppon this when testing my workaround.

and there is actualy a bug report on the mod page and it is recent.

Could you confirm if AAF uses kinda the same effect as a cell switch or load?

Thank You for AAF,

Was just getting my feet wet.

But I still have the same problem as old fourplay...

If I map my movement keys from WASD to Arrow keys (as I do with every 1st/3rd person game I play), then Fly Cam no longer works with any keys at all.

Does not matter if I bind Keys in game or by F4SE CustomControlMap.txt, either method breaks LL_fourPlay fly cam.

I know this is a bug in LL_fourPlay_X_XX_XXX.dll as I and others did report it to jaam long ago but he wasn't really interested (I appreciate that jaam keeps updating his plugin, very greatful is the words that come to mind).

Basically if LL_fourPlay fly cam is disabled and I open the console and do TFC then free cam works fine with my mapped/rebinded keys.

But With LL_fourPlay fly cam active/enabled the console TFC doesn't work and can't move the cam via keys.

Is there any AAF setting I can use to disable  LL_fourPlay fly cam when animations start that are involving the player?

At least then I can jimmy a bit of code to toggle console TFC on player Animation start and End and actually move the camera while animations are happenning.

I had a peek through the AAF_settings.ini but only saw the 2 fly cam speed settings.

ATM it's really has broken my game play testing and immersion since I can not conform to WASD for movement and I can not actually move the camera without resetting my movement keys to WASD.

1 hour ago, jarno5 said:

Could you confirm if AAF uses kinda the same effect as a cell switch or load?

It doesn't do a cell reload. But, it does run some commands related to the perspective (force3rdPerson I believe). So, that could trigger the issue. That would make more sense given how many people have used facelight without a similar report.

15 minutes ago, smashly said:

Is there any AAF setting I can use to disable  LL_fourPlay fly cam when animations start that are involving the player?

There isn't a built in way to toggle it (because it would essentially be broken when off). But, you could comment out the flycam commands in the main AAF quest script and recompile.

33 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

It doesn't do a cell reload. But, it does run some commands related to the perspective (force3rdPerson I believe). So, that could trigger the issue. That would make more sense given how many people have used facelight without a similar report.

There isn't a built in way to toggle it (because it would essentially be broken when off). But, you could comment out the flycam commands in the main AAF quest script and recompile.

I wonder what happend in the fallout update that broke facelight in this manner xD

Is there any way for me to fix this for maybe atleast AAF through a ini change?  or maybe force the script to reload on cell change through fallout edit in the facelight mod itself?

in the past days i got to understand f4edit a bit better but the quest tab is kinda still a mistery for me.

i dont think the mod author from facelight is going to make a return and fix this..

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Thank you for taking the time.

As a workaround ftm I ended up using GlovePie (free third party app to emulate/map just about any type of device input) to map Arrow keys to WASD.
GlovePie lets me create a shortcut so I can fire up the game and pie script together.

Normally I use F4SE CustomControlMap.txt and map the WASD to Arrow Keys and vice versa.
So I can move around the game world with Arrow keys and navigate menus with WASD (eg: Workshop menu)

Means I have to map anything that natively in game uses arrow keys to something else as I can no longer map WASD to anything else if I want ll_fourplay fly cam to work.

Running out of keyboard keys fast...lol

Small price to pay for temp simple peace of mind :)

So i checked my fallout logs and found out that facelight is showing some errors, not sure if its related to my workaround or the mod it self. gonna look into it.

But i noticed another issue..
Animations called by Harasment sometimes (Not always) leaves me in this 'Ghost Mode' permanently if i dont reload a safe before it.

so far it only happend with harasment, Violate and manual 100% succes.

12 hours ago, jarno5 said:

I wonder what happend in the fallout update that broke facelight in this manner xD

Is there any way for me to fix this for maybe atleast AAF through a ini change?  or maybe force the script to reload on cell change through fallout edit in the facelight mod itself?

in the past days i got to understand f4edit a bit better but the quest tab is kinda still a mistery for me.

i dont think the mod author from facelight is going to make a return and fix this..

You could write a script that listens for AAF animation events and tries to re-apply the facelight whenever it is heard. Though, that is basically what AAF already does on its own.

So, not sure what more you could do. I guess maybe they updated something in the lighting system that caused this glitch.

9 hours ago, smashly said:

Thank you for taking the time.

As a workaround ftm I ended up using GlovePie (free third party app to emulate/map just about any type of device input) to map Arrow keys to WASD.
GlovePie lets me create a shortcut so I can fire up the game and pie script together.

Normally I use F4SE CustomControlMap.txt and map the WASD to Arrow Keys and vice versa.
So I can move around the game world with Arrow keys and navigate menus with WASD (eg: Workshop menu)

Means I have to map anything that natively in game uses arrow keys to something else as I can no longer map WASD to anything else if I want ll_fourplay fly cam to work.

Running out of keyboard keys fast...lol

Small price to pay for temp simple peace of mind :)

Clever.

Though, it seems like a long distance to go just to avoid using WASD. :D

11 hours ago, dagobaking said:

You could write a script that listens for AAF animation events and tries to re-apply the facelight whenever it is heard. Though, that is basically what AAF already does on its own.

So, not sure what more you could do. I guess maybe they updated something in the lighting system that caused this glitch.

Clever.

Scripting is kinda out of my league.. im not even sure how to view or edit existing onces, the .pex files i mean.

maybe i can tweak the mod so that it applies a diffrent way, taking Photo Light for an example.

or the mod author decides to make a comeback and fix this..

it seems like its the update indeed as Photolight suffers from the same bug doing cell reload in 3dr person, but during AAF it works well.

Ignore the other post btw about harasment. i was again 10 versions behind on updates (not used to update mods tbh xD )

Could you perhaps point me to some tutorials so i can give scripting a go? i am willing to learn it of course :D

12 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Totally agree, but after playing FPS/3PS games on pc with KB & Mouse for the last 24 years with Arrow keys for movement then you can see why it's a hard habbit to break.

Gradually finding a happy balance with keys in combination with f4se CustomControlMap.txt and GlovePie.

Three of my own personal mods have mappable keys via MCM (TagAlong multi follower mod, BMW Be a mobile Workshop and Strip Cubes Anywhere Any Size)

Add in Place Eveywhere and a few other random mods, not long before keys start overlapping...lol

So, after the dreadfull proces of setting up the compiler.. i managed to fix the 3rd person on cell load.

sadly this fix does not aply to AAF yet.

But seeing all the scripts AAF adds im not sure where to look.

i was poking around in the AAF main quest script and saw these lines

Function copyFaceLight(Actor a, Actor b)

If isFaceLightInstalled
        If a.HasSpell(aaaFaceLightSPEL1D)
            b.AddSpell(aaaFaceLightSPEL1D, false)
        EndIf
        If a.HasSpell(aaaFaceLightSPEL2D)
            b.AddSpell(aaaFaceLightSPEL2D, false)
        EndIf
        If a.HasSpell(aaaFaceLightSPEL1B)
            b.AddSpell(aaaFaceLightSPEL1B, false)
        EndIf
        If a.HasSpell(aaaFaceLightSPEL2B)
            b.AddSpell(aaaFaceLightSPEL2B, false)
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunction

Im guesing these are the lines for copying the effect onto the doppelganger?

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Yes. So, in theory, you could put a line of code before the last "EndIf" to reset the cell, etc. to try and fix.

Alright so i added a line (hope it does something) to the scource script, but i cant compile it because of script names. 

is this some kind protection in place to prevent changes?

image.png.56b517d29efaa3485605255a4bdb4997.png

15 hours ago, jarno5 said:

Alright so i added a line (hope it does something) to the scource script, but i cant compile it because of script names. 

is this some kind protection in place to prevent changes?

image.png.56b517d29efaa3485605255a4bdb4997.png

No. This looks like some kind of pathing issue.

So this has probably come up at least once, but how do you change the controls for the AAF wizard? I foolishly tried using the wizard to start an animation (having an issue with FPE), and then I realized it wasn't stopping. My laptop doesn't have an End key. And what I'm assuming is the control setting are weirdly worded and/or I just don't understand. Apparently End=35, but I don't know what that means. 35th key? If so, how do I go about finding the ID number of my other keys, then?

1 hour ago, Fumeknight79 said:

So this has probably come up at least once, but how do you change the controls for the AAF wizard? I foolishly tried using the wizard to start an animation (having an issue with FPE), and then I realized it wasn't stopping. My laptop doesn't have an End key. And what I'm assuming is the control setting are weirdly worded and/or I just don't understand. Apparently End=35, but I don't know what that means. 35th key? If so, how do I go about finding the ID number of my other keys, then?

It gives instructions within the file where these settings are, including a link for more information about the codes.

7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It gives instructions within the file where these settings are, including a link for more information about the codes.

Thank you for helping me! Didn't see the link in there. Also, now I know what a DirectX scan code is. And I swear, y'all mod authors are saints.

Hi guys

First - thanks for this incredible mod, work of genius.

I moved from NMM to MO 2 for Fallout 4, everything works except AAF (I know likely something I have done (it worked before using NMM until NMM started removing my mods, so I decided to get rid of NMM and move to MOD Organizer 2)).

Basically it begins initializing and stops at 60%.

Next if I hit the home button the menu comes up (MODE: Scene and states press enter to open/close wizard) if I press ENTER it shows the two lines rotate around AAF a few times then does nothing.

The weird thing is if I hit DELETE to get to admin, that opens up and also so does companion mode, its just scene mode that doesn't do anything.

Is there anyway to get the debug mode to log to an actual file instead of the console? if so which file and what is the setting?

F4SE is installed (manually, latest release, I can see the version in game under settings and also everything else I am using works).

I'd really be greatful for any tips.

Thanks