23 hours ago, Dragonjoe69 said:

Hi, after installing the latest version of this mod, I now have over 300/1000 aww fuck it just a biblical amount of errors stemming from all the pose mods saying "the animation is too short and please tag has a pose if it is one", all this alcohol/ mentally ocd hazed person asks is how and where to add this tag so I can reduce my prozak intake

You can put that in the animation node (of animation XML). Like this:

<animation id="YOURANIMATION_1" frames="308" tags="pose">

If you make those changes it would be good to send the updated file to the pose mod author. Then they can include the fix in their release for everyone.

First of all, sorry if this has been asked before.

Is it possible with XML to have face tints applied to actors? I seem to have it all set up correctly with tagged animations and facial tints being correctly loaded in looksmenu, but they won't show. I assume, that's because the overlays are meant to be applied to the body texture not the face texture.

So, is this possible? If not, are there any plans to make it possible? Or if neither, is there a way to "abuse" the system to apply it anyway? (nudging textures or anything like that) :D

20 hours ago, BruceWayne said:

First of all, sorry if this has been asked before.

Is it possible with XML to have face tints applied to actors? I seem to have it all set up correctly with tagged animations and facial tints being correctly loaded in looksmenu, but they won't show. I assume, that's because the overlays are meant to be applied to the body texture not the face texture.

So, is this possible? If not, are there any plans to make it possible? Or if neither, is there a way to "abuse" the system to apply it anyway? (nudging textures or anything like that) :D

Unfortunately, changing facetints through scripting is not currently possible. It would require a function or two to be added to F4SE. If/when that happens I would extend that capability to AAF through XML similar to other overlays.

I have asked Expired (author of F4SE) if he would add these functions before since they were available in SKSE. He didn't say it was impossible. But, he was hesitant to add it because of a technical issue. I didn't understand completely but it had something to do with performance questions and the body needing to be re-drawn when the face tints are changed. He said that a C++ developer could make a plugin that creates these functions.

You could ask him to add. Never know. Maybe he has some extra covid-19 time. :D

Ah, that blows. Thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately (or rather fortunately) my extra Covid-time is about to expire, so I don't have time to look into this myself. I never really developed with C++, not to mention jumping into an existing codebase like F4SE.

My modding clout isn't what it used to be,  so requesting something like that probably would would be a bit presumptuous. :D

2 hours ago, mamalafawnda said:

How do you get AAF to recognize the furniture / beds that are placed by Sim Settlement Mod's builds? I can use them to sleep and whatnot so they're not static, AAF just doesn't recognize them.

The furniture need's to have a tag added to it. Have a read of this

1 hour ago, DremoraDream said:

@dagobaking

ANy instruction or reference to handling custom races added through other mods, like the Anime Race, DOA race, or anything using RaceCustomizer?

AAF Animation starts replace my custom race bodies that have set textures and presets to mismatched brown bodies utilizing my default npc cbbe mesh.

It should handle custom NPC races fine without much/any updates.

For the PC, AAF uses a custom actor form that uses the player template. That allows the character in AAF scenes to maintain all of the face customizations that happen during character creation.

So, custom race mods would need to tie in to the player template or perhaps create a new template and over-ride the one AAF uses as a compatibility patch.

On 4/27/2020 at 11:28 PM, RickCrimes said:

My AAF Unlocks my games framerate cap everytime I open the menu, any ideas why?

That's because ENB.  Change your enblocal.ini to this: 

[INPUT]
KeyCombination=16
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyFPSLimit=0
KeyShowFPS=106
KeyScreenshot=44
KeyEditor=13
KeyDof=118

First of all, sorry for my bad English.

I read modguides carefully and did as they said. Unfortunately, some troubles occur. SEU and these RSE MODs work perfectly, but AAF wizard and Magno Cum Gaudio do not work. AAF wizard didn't start when I push Enter.

Magno Cum Gaudio can not start AAF animation. Other parts of M.C.G.  can work .

After try to work AAF animation from M.C.G., AAF wizard can work but can't detect player.

I think these two troubles have a same cause. 

I don't know how to solve it.

9 minutes ago, tigerrrrulez said:

i require some help as animations dont play at all i have animations installed but they dont play at all and i dont know why that is and cant figure it out 

To get a good answer to your question we are going to need more information.  First Double check you have installed the mods and patch's in the correct order. you can check it against  the load order here :https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-up-to-date-adult-oriented-setup-guide-09may2020/

1. (optional) join the AAF Discord Channel found here ( https://discord.gg/cP8Fq9z ). Once joined go to the AAF discord Tool section and download the GFV.exe file After reading the install instructions for it. Post image of the read out from the GFV in a spoiler. Plus you can Ask for help on the AAF Discord Channel

2. Put AAF in to Debug mode. This can be done buy going into ///data/AAF/ AAF settings.ini   open the AAF settings ini file with a text editor (windows notepad) and about five or so lines down you'll see a line saying Debug on = False change it so it say's Debug on = True  save it and when you start the game next green text should appear on screen. Post an image of what it says.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:37 PM, gtanda1008 said:

First of all, sorry for my bad English.

I read modguides carefully and did as they said. Unfortunately, some troubles occur. SEU and these RSE MODs work perfectly, but AAF wizard and Magno Cum Gaudio do not work. AAF wizard didn't start when I push Enter.

Magno Cum Gaudio can not start AAF animation. Other parts of M.C.G.  can work .

After try to work AAF animation from M.C.G., AAF wizard can work but can't detect player.

I think these two troubles have a same cause. 

I don't know how to solve it.

To open AAF Menu in game you need to press the HomeKey  Not the EnterKey

Double check that you have installed your mod's in the correct order ( Mod order is VERY important)  use this guide to make sure :

New AAF Release:

## [Beta 131] - 2020-5-13
### Fixed
- XMLParser failed when there was more than one space between attributes.

### Added
- Performance section in the admin. This shows time performance tracking for various AAF processes. This could be useful for troubleshooting bottlenecks or other issues. I will likely add to the list of processes tracked over time. This data is not persistent. It only measures processes in the current game session.

### Changed
- In animation value action nodes, loop attribute defaults to "true" if there is a from and to attribute. So, it can be omitted if the action should loop (which is the case most of the time).
- idle nodes no longer needed in animation XML. Moved those values to live in the actor node as "idleForm" and "idleSource". This is to make the XML structure more compact. The old format still works. But, xsd is updated to enforce the new structure to encourage updating.
- defaults node in animation XML injects to both value nodes and actor nodes.
- Moving away from having "value" nodes. Instead, having separate nodes for each path type. For instance, an "action" node instead of `value path="action"`. This is to make the XML more compact and easier to understand. Old format still works. But, xsd enforces new way. Made this same change for "morph" and "mfg". See wiki for examples.

---

## [Beta 130] - 2020-5-11
### Added
- routine to apply new duration settings passed in for hierarchy position joins.
- ability to start multi-actor hierarchy positions.
- re-factored equipment handling code.
- xsd updates.
- ability to omit frames attribute in loop value nodes. Doing so causes AAF to automatically use half of the animation length (ie. a loop that spans the animation).

### Fixed
- inconsistent actor order in reports.
- duration applying during an add process.
- animationGroup stops running during adding phase.
- some effects like MFG not changing properly between animations in animationGroups set to random.
- looping meters stuttering and not matching given speed.

### Removed
- lock timeout mechanism. This feature caused AAF to release actors so that they could move around again if they failed to complete the locking process within 20 seconds. However, it appears that some moments of heavy use would trigger the timeout when it wasn't desirable. Removing the feature means that a failed lock would keep the actor frozen. But, report it if that happens and I can fix the underlying issue.
- frameDuration as an attribute in animation XML. Testing revealed that the engine plays all animations at 30FPS regardless of the FPS used to export them. So, this attribute has no use.

---

## [Beta 129] - 2020-5-4
### Changed
- More re-factoring in position handling code.
- Disabled feature that skips stopEquipmentSet if the actors are attacked. The effects of stopEquipmentSet can be delayed anyway and this way they are less likely to end up in a permanently altered state.

---

## [Beta 128] - 2020-5-3
### Added
- Handling for isRootLocked scenes when actor(s) are attacked.
- isCompanion to the attributes that can be used in condition nodes.
- xsd updates.
- Error routine to handle and report cases when someone tries to join an actor to a scene that they are already in.
- Optimizations to scene initialization.
- exitActors attribute to animationGroup. Allows defining a stage node that results in a specific actor leaving the scene when/if it is played.
- exitTo attribute to actor node in animation XML. Allows defining a position to switch to if/when that actor is removed from that animation. This is similar to hierarchies (in reverse). Hierarchies only have one animation sequence to exit through. exitTo allows animation authors to define variation branches to exit to depending on who leaves the animation.
- routine to give animations with a time of -1 the "POSE" tag if they don't already have it.

### Changed
- disabled call to "lookAt" function during walking. May add back. But, I'm not sure this actually worked?
- disabled ability to keep actors in power armor during animations. May add back. But, not sure if anyone used this.
- Major re-factoring of position handling code. It wasn't broken before. But, it is an important area of the code that was one of the first things made in AAF. It was due to be re-organized to help future troubleshooting and feature additions. Good chance that there are a few quirks to work out from this update.

### Fixed
- Hierarchy positions with parent positions and greater than 1 level of depth not starting.

---

## [Beta 127] - 2020-4-22
### Added
- disable_banners option in AAF_settings.ini
- a measure to prevent unlocking function to run during the middle of a walk starting up. (Can easily occur when things are controlled via code)
- optimized "end" button press handling. Shouldn't get "unknown exit type" errors any more.
- isRootLocked to SceneSettings. This allows locking a position so that the user can't use the wizard to end it. Hierarchy positions can still be applied.
- OnAddCancel event to API. For detecting if/when an actor is canceled from joining a scene during their walk to a position location.

### Fixed
- banners not working when in animationGroup.

---

## [Beta 126] - 2020-4-18
### Added
- Ability to show a banner indefinitely (enter -1 as the duration).
- ClearBanner function to API. Clears the current banner being displayed.
- banner attribute to animation node in animation XML. Shows the defined banner during the animation. If the banner has an indefinite duration (ie. -1) it will clear the banner when that animation loop stops. This attribute should not be used at the same time as the startBanner attribute on the position XML or they will compete to show and turn off banners at odd times.

### Changed
- Position startBanner to display when animation loop starts rather than during gathering state or transition animation. Will remove itself when the animation loop stops if it has an indefinite duration.
- common.xsd - Allow empty self and target nodes in action XML. Made to attribute in value type node optional. Allow for multiple morphSet nodes. Allow banner attribute on animation node.

---

## [Beta 125] - 2020-4-18
### Fixed
- A typo in the base XML that caused AAF to fail loading at 20%.
- common.xsd to allow multiple tree nodes in position tree and many other fixes.

### Changed
- Optional AAF XML from FOMOD to use the new XML structure.

---

## [Beta 124] - 2020-4-17
### Removed
- The "meta" node from all XML types. With the recent structure change, this node is no longer needed so should be cleaned up. The dataSet is now derived from the unique wrapper node types. XML file name was never functionally needed and file versioning can be placed within XML comments if/when needed (doesn't look like anyone was using that anyway). Again, this change should be backward compatible. But, the new XML won't work with older versions of AAF.

### Changed
- common.xsd to reflect the removal of meta nodes. Cleaned up my newbie usage of namespaces.

---

## [Beta 123] - 2020-4-17
### Changed
- The XML structure for every XML type (see docs) so that it can use xsd validation (testing to see if the XML is formatted correctly). Don't panic. It is backward compatible. So, the old XML will still work. But, I will likely start adding error messages about it if people don't update to well formed XML. Also, this new XML structure will not work with older versions of AAF.
- Base AAF XML files to use the new wrapper nodes.

### Added
- common.xsd to the AAF folder. This file contains the rules that XML validation tools use to make sure your XML is correct. A simple on-line validation tool can be found here: https://www.xmlvalidation.com/. If you use Sublime Text, you can install the "Exalt" package and it will then validate your AAF XML on save as long as the common.xsd file is in the same folder as your XML. XML experts: please send me your recommendations for better validation and/or GUI generation from xsd tools. This xsd was auto-generated from sample files. So, it may need some work to correctly validate. Please report it if it gets an error wrong.
- Clarifications to the animation XML wiki entry.

---

### Removed
- Actor loading warnings. A utility message that has lost its utility. I like a clean log when possible.

---

## [Beta 122] - 2020-4-12
### Added
- Internal code optimization.
- physicsSet XML type. Allows turning physics on/off per bone via the OCBP plugin (if it is installed).

### Removed
- Defunct error messages: 7-13, 17-22, 41, 49-58, 62-63, 73 and 82-83.
- False positive "NONE" equipmentSet error.

If you are using the one patch to bang them all and erection fix by silverperv and patch animations squirt cum effect. The update could of messed those up. You can try reinstalling them but make sure you do them in the right order or the aaf will stop and 30%.