On 1/12/2019 at 10:02 AM, EgoBallistic said:

That was how the Doppelganger worked originally, and it caused huge problems with quests because the Doppelganger would fill quest aliases that the player was supposed to fill.  There is no practical way to fix all the script and game engine issues this causes, so it's a dead end.  We discovered that making the Doppelganger a different ActorBase which uses the Player as a template, instead of making it another instance of the Player, avoided those problems while giving us most of the same benefits e.g. appearance, morphs, etc.

Note that the Doppelganger does acquire all of the Player's factions.   However, this only works if the game was saved and reloaded after Player was added to the faction.  If you add yourself to the Super Mutant faction, save and reload, and create a Doppelganger, it will be in the SM faction.  I believe this happens because the Player ActorBase is not updated until the game is saved.

If there is a way using F4SE to force the actor to update, that would solve most of these faction and keyword issues.

Edit: I should have read the whole thread before replying.  SetPlayerTeammate() seems like a good solution.  I had forgotten all about the fact that faction relationships apply to teammates; as you say, it is why your followers won't be attacked by actors who have faction relationships with you.

The doppelganger is a bad idea, because it now takes a mind of its own & is having sex with NPC's. BY ITSELF.

.........and before you ask, other people have seen this as well.

?

20190113070155_1.jpg

just business mod doesn't find aaf animations anymore, my prostitutes find a client but aaf doesn't start.  4play SEU works perfectly though as does the home key.

In just business, when I select  "teach obedience" nothing happens, and when they find clients. I reinstalled JB twice. No results. Any ideas for aaf v48?

29 minutes ago, Hogz50 said:

just business mod doesn't find aaf animations anymore, my prostitutes find a client but aaf doesn't start.  4play SEU works perfectly though as does the home key.

In just business, when I select  "teach obedience" nothing happens, and when they find clients. I reinstalled JB twice. No results. Any ideas for aaf v48?

nevermind, I used JB's option to update script registrations in the MCM menu, Worked like a charm.  I forgot Rule# 1   Never overlook the obvious.  oy, lol

10 hours ago, VonHelton said:

The doppelganger is a bad idea, because it now takes a mind of its own & is having sex with NPC's. BY ITSELF.

Plenty of people use AAF without this issue.

Please send links to the other people reporting the same thing.

11 hours ago, VonHelton said:

?

20190113070155_1.jpg

Early on that was a problem that was reported and fixed... (while I was working on, installing and giving feedback)

However, unless something changed recently, (as of the version I had which is I think v18~20 last used) it was solid... EXCEPT  WITH A BAD UPGRADE OF AAF. The only time shit broke bad that wasn't part of the bug report that many were reporting was due to my installing AAF over itself poorly. Since the guide was created and I started following CG! info given for that part, I hadn't had any problems.

That example doesn't show a doppleganger, it is more likely an animation or such error.  A true doppleganger, you can see the duplicate in the scene (usually behind you a short distance) at least as it was when the framework was being created and what I experienced. The capture you have should be far enough away to catch that at least from my experience.

6 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

That example doesn't show a doppleganger, it is more likely an animation or such error.  A true doppleganger, you can see the duplicate in the scene (usually behind you a short distance) at least as it was when the framework was being created and what I experienced. The capture you have should be far enough away to catch that at least from my experience.

While your technically correct, it is the doppelganger. He's invisible. Note the green icon floating in the air. That's how you know it's him. When I get done with someone, he will grab someone & go by himself without any input from me at all. I don't remember this happening in the Alpha versions, but it's been in all of the Beta ones.

?

34 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

While your technically correct, it is the doppelganger. He's invisible. Note the green icon floating in the air. That's how you know it's him. When I get done with someone, he will grab someone & go by himself without any input from me at all. I don't remember this happening in the Alpha versions, but it's been in all of the Beta ones.

1.  Why would your doppelganger have a quest target icon on it?  That's not normal.

2.  The idea that the doppelganger can initiate anything on its own is silly.  It has no scripts attached to it, it is just a blank slate NPC whose actor base is templated from the player actor base so that it inherits the player's appearance.  It can't do anything unless something takes control of it.  If indeed it is participating in animations, something is telling it to do that.  You can probably cause this to happen if you hit the quickscene key at just the right moment, since the doppelganger does continue to exist for a brief period after a player animation ends.

Hitting the quickscene key by accident isn't as hard as it sounds; I kept triggering quickscenes by accident because I had the screenshot key for FRAPS mapped to F10 which is also the default key for quickscenes in AAF.

52 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

1.  Why would your doppelganger have a quest target icon on it?  That's not normal.

2.  The idea that the doppelganger can initiate anything on its own is silly.  It has no scripts attached to it, it is just a blank slate NPC whose actor base is templated from the player actor base so that it inherits the player's appearance.  It can't do anything unless something takes control of it.  If indeed it is participating in animations, something is telling it to do that.  You can probably cause this to happen if you hit the quickscene key at just the right moment, since the doppelganger does continue to exist for a brief period after a player animation ends.

Hitting the quickscene key by accident isn't as hard as it sounds; I kept triggering quickscenes by accident because I had the screenshot key for FRAPS mapped to F10 which is also the default key for quickscenes in AAF.

I use SEU, not keys........6 installs of Fallout 4, it's occurred in every Beta. I brought it up when I first noticed it but was ignored. Other people have the same thing happening as well, but I'm not gonna go hunting through all the AAF threads. Hopefully they'll post here.

If it's NOT my doppelganger, then who is it?

?

EDIT: It is indeed my doppelganger, cause it got someone pregnant using MY NAME......!!!

?

19 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

I brought it up when I first noticed it but was ignored.

How many times do I have to respond to the same issue report for you to admit that you have not been ignored?

Just the opposite, you have been given advice multiple times. I see no evidence that you followed that advice at all.

Other people have the same thing happening as well, but I'm not gonna go hunting through all the AAF threads.

Other people have reported various issues. But, I haven't seen this one from anyone else. And I have seen you conflate completely separate issues before. So, you will need to forgive my skepticism that anyone else really is seeing this.

If it's NOT my doppelganger, then who is it?

Nobody has any idea what you have going on in your game. By your own commentary: you manually install your mods, you make custom changes and mods yourself, use "solutions" that are contrary to the guides, do updates in ways that are known to break saves, etc.

All of that considered, I am surprised that your screenshot is the only thing wrong. It wouldn't be shocking to me if, in addition to that, you also have Ghouls playing Parcheesi with Radroaches in the corner.

7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Other people have reported various issues. But, I haven't seen this one from anyone else. And I have seen you conflate completely separate issues before.

Haven't conflated anything. I've consistently reported errors from YOUR PROGRAM.........

"AAF can't find Leito's Animations"

.......So I check. The animations are there.

"AAF can't find Savage Cabbage's animations"

"AAF can't find EgoBallistic animations"

Bad install? Nope, can't be. The files are in the correct folders.

Why can't AAF find files that are in the CORRECT FOLDERS?

?

Can we stop with the CAPS and colors please? AAF is clearly a highly advanced mod, so any deviations from recommended install methods and contents are at your own risk. It also doesn't benefit anyone to get up in the author's face, motivation being key to anything getting done.

1 hour ago, VonHelton said:

Haven't conflated anything. I've consistently reported errors from YOUR PROGRAM.........

No. This seems to be the central misunderstanding. You have consistently reported errors in your game build. There are many issues that can happen in a specific game build (broken saves, bad installation, missing requirements, unknown mod conflicts, pirated game, corrupted game, anti-virus interference, hardware issues, translation program interference, exceeded plugin limits and more) that are not due to errors in a mod even though they might impact the functioning of a mod.

1 hour ago, VonHelton said:

"AAF can't find Leito's Animations"

"AAF can't find Savage Cabbage's animations"

"AAF can't find EgoBallistic animations"

Bad install? Nope, can't be. The files are in the correct folders.

Why can't AAF find files that are in the CORRECT FOLDERS?

The unusual problems you describe are just more indications that your game is broken. If this was an error in a standard installation of AAF seen by people following the guide, etc. then I would have hundreds of reports identical to yours. Instead, I haven't seen anyone report the same thing.

I really don't know why your game is broken in that way. If I tried to figure out what people have done to their game builds I would never have time to improve AAF.

Help me help you by doing the following:

1) Be clear about what the issue is for you. Does it happen every time? Is this something that doesn't always happen. But, sometimes does and then you screenshot it and tell me? If so, take notes about the circumstances and explain it.

2) Do your own homework first. I am not going to try to create an imitation of your game build just to do the work that anyone can do. As recommended in the docs, make a minimal install of AAF first to make sure its working that way. Then slowly add other mods and test along the way until an issue appears. Then you can give better information about what is potentially causing a conflict. Nobody needs mod authors to incrementally turn on mods and test.

3) Follow advice if you are asking for it. If you are stuck to the point of needing help, accept the help! It makes no sense to ask for help then turn around and tell the person you asked that their advice isn't right.

Hello, I just happened to notice this AAF warning when loading a game. AAF was loading really slow because it was a save in the middle of a heavy battle. Normally it loads so fast I am not able to read any of the messages. So, I turned on debug to capture the warnings.

Not sure how long I have had the warnings but, as far as I know, everything seems to be working fine with the game and animations. Just wondering if these warnings are indicating that I am missing out some features.

I have searched for the errors in the forums and have been actively paying attention to all issues that are reported in the forums. I don't recall ever seeing these warnings posted.

I am currently using AFF v49b. Sorry about the image quality. Having issue with in-game screen capture

image.png.23a8facbcfcae62d044254d321315f20.png

Hm. That is odd timing for that message to appear. It shouldn't really be seeking for actors at that stage in boot-up.

I wonder if another mod is calling AAF before it has finished booting up.

If it's kind of a fluke and some mod is calling a bad actor ID, it should recover and remain stable. Does it otherwise continue to function ok?

2 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Hm. That is odd timing for that message to appear. It shouldn't really be seeking for actors at that stage in boot-up.

I wonder if another mod is calling AAF before it has finished booting up.

If it's kind of a fluke and some mod is calling a bad actor ID, it should recover and remain stable. Does it otherwise continue to function ok?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I loaded some other saves and the warnings appear to be consistent. Everything appears to be functioning without issue. I have all the RSEE mods, Violate, Family planning, Magno, SEU, Harassment, all available animation packages, plus all supporting mods installed. As far as I know, all work as expected. I have 50+ hours of game time in this build and always update the mods as the new versions are released.

Like I said in previous post, the only reason I noticed the warnings was because I reloaded a save in the middle of an intense battle that caused the load to take a long time. So, not sure how long i have has the warnings.

I was just worried that I might be missing out on something because of it.

I have started looking thru various files but, so far have not found any listing Actor ID 0

4 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I think that's an invalid number. Some mod may be sending in "None" as an actor or something by accident.

It shouldn't cause issue with AAF. Whether or not it impacts a feature in another mod depends on how much it depends on that call.

It's probably ok.

Ok, Thanks. I won't worry about it then. Other than that (hopefully non issue) AAF and associated mods have been working great (or, as well as can be expected with an outdated buggy Bethesda game engine ?)

15 hours ago, VonHelton said:

?

It is not the Doppelganger... In all the games I have tested it has always been visible when it would show up. Also it was super easy to confirm a doppelganger when there was an issue so many versions ago. I did it quite often in times past while that feature was being developed. You aren't experiencing any doppelganger. Even if it could be invisible, the location, marker (they don't have one... EVER)  that is present and your accounting indicates it isn't one... Period!

Take this from someone that has delved deeply into the xml's and manually tweaked many aspects of the games from stripping options to other features. Even breaking the game didn't cause a "doppelganger" to show up in the later versions, so many versions ago. I wish I had the original captures I was using to relay the issues while bug testing this. With them, you would easily and quickly realize, what you re experiencing isn't a doppelganger but some screw up.. likely in some custom XML edits etc, etc. or issues with an improperly cleaned save. Both are things that can't be properly supported in any way.

52 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

In all the games I have tested it has always been visible when it would show up.

Good point. The doppelganger would never be invisible. But, the PC body would.

It appears that he has some circumstance where another mod starts applying its own routines on the PC while he is still in an AAF animation. Like maybe trying to run AAF and FourPlay animations at the same time. ie. Incorrect installation/conflicting mods.

6 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

It is not the Doppelganger... In all the games I have tested it has always been visible when it would show up. Also it was super easy to confirm a doppelganger when there was an issue so many versions ago. I did it quite often in times past while that feature was being developed. You aren't experiencing any doppelganger. Even if it could be invisible, the location, marker (they don't have one... EVER)  that is present and your accounting indicates it isn't one... Period!

Take this from someone that has delved deeply into the xml's and manually tweaked many aspects of the games from stripping options to other features. Even breaking the game didn't cause a "doppelganger" to show up in the later versions, so many versions ago. I wish I had the original captures I was using to relay the issues while bug testing this. With them, you would easily and quickly realize, what you re experiencing isn't a doppelganger but some screw up.. likely in some custom XML edits etc, etc. or issues with an improperly cleaned save. Both are things that can't be properly supported in any way.

This invisible entity got someone pregnant........And the name was MINE. So yea, it has to be the doppelganger. If it was someone else, another name would've came up.

?

3 hours ago, VonHelton said:

This invisible entity got someone pregnant........And the name was MINE. So yea, it has to be the doppelganger. If it was someone else, another name would've came up.

?

There's something that could remove every doubt... Better console, a tool everyone in modding should use imho, can't live without it in any Beth games. So it could be a good idea to install it, invoke an animation and click on that "ghostly doppelganger" on the screen, it'll show on bottom right its form ID and the mod where it comes from. To be noted that pointing to a specific ref could not really point to it at the first click, you must use the mouse wheel to browse on the near ones until you'll find it. But yes the ghostly doppleganger is clickable, it's just a matter to find it where it really is.

9 hours ago, VonHelton said:

?

Don't you have FalshyPlay installed along with AAF?

10 hours ago, A.J. said:

There's something that could remove every doubt... Better console, a tool everyone in modding should use imho, can't live without it in any Beth games. So it could be a good idea to install it, invoke an animation and click on that "ghostly doppelganger" on the screen, it'll show on bottom right its form ID and the mod where it comes from. To be noted that pointing to a specific ref could not really point to it at the first click, you must use the mouse wheel to browse on the near ones until you'll find it. But yes the ghostly doppleganger is clickable, it's just a matter to find it where it really is.

LOL.........Whatever this program spits out will have to be taken as legit........Can't wait to use it.

?