On 1/10/2019 at 5:57 PM, dagobaking said:

i haven't heard of anyone else having this issue once using the external save method. did you change that setting? could be another mod as well.

i noticed the game always crashed exactly at GrayUserBP's xml's, so i removed AAF Bondage Animations made by EgoBallistic and guess what? no more crashes... really weird since it worked just fine before!

9 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Do you, by any chance, remember what we did in 4Play to fix when people would stand around & not animate? I can't remember how we fixed it, and none of the new guys know how!!

I don't know if I count as "new" here. But, I have already pointed out how you can fix it. Re-install everything and follow the guide doing so. Has worked for thousands of people.

I directly tested what you say does not work and it worked. Unless you can point out specific ways to reproduce this issue, please stop implying that this is a bug in AAF that hasn't been fixed. All evidence so far points to it being a problem in your game build. AAF can't detect and address all of the ways that you can break your build.

6 hours ago, Chosen Clue said:

Hmm, I looked into a "GetAllFactions" function for actors in the papyrus scripts, and there doesn't seem to be a function like that. Maybe a F4SE plugin or even official F4SE functions could fix that. Then we could try to copy the factions and ranks over to the doppelganger before it gets enabled.

Hm. I haven't looked into that yet either. As a fallback, it may not be too bad to just manually make a list of the factions and check for them (and copy) that way. I don't think there are too many?

2 minutes ago, 2Dimm said:

i noticed the game always crashed exactly at GrayUserBP's xml's, so i removed AAF Bondage Animations and guess what? no more crashes... really weird since it worked just fine before!

That is odd. I can't think of anything that would cause a crash in an animation pack. Maybe something about referencing animation objects that changed.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I don't know if I count as "new" here. But, I have already pointed out how you can fix it. Re-install everything and follow the guide doing so. Has worked for thousands of people.

I directly tested what you say does not work and it worked. Unless you can point out specific ways to reproduce this issue, please stop implying that this is a bug in AAF that hasn't been fixed. All evidence so far points to it being a problem in your game build. AAF can't detect and address all of the ways that you can break your build.

Hm. I haven't looked into that yet either. As a fallback, it may not be too bad to just manually make a list of the factions and check for them (and copy) that way. I don't think there are too many? 

That is odd. I can't think of anything that would cause a crash in an animation pack. Maybe something about referencing animation objects that changed.

You could try to just target the main factions, like FeralGhoul, SuperMutant, BoS, etc, but then that's not really compatible with other mods, unfortunately.

If you, instead of placing an actorbase of a doppelganger via placeatme, placeatme the player actor base, it should copy the factions and morphs over to the copy of the actor.

I just tested it in the QASmoke cell by COCing there, editing my looks via SLM, adding the player to the super mutant faction, spawning in a super mutant to confirm I was friendly, then placed a copy of the player actor via "Player.PlaceAtMe 7 1", with 7 being the Player actorbase formid.

Note, that I am not sure how the game fully reacts to the player and an FF actor ref using the same actor base, since the player is flagged with unique, but I doubt it will be much of a problem. Might as well put an IF check in the papyrus code with an option in the AAF XML to test it as an experimental feature.

41 minutes ago, Chosen Clue said:

You could try to just target the main factions, like FeralGhoul, SuperMutant, BoS, etc, but then that's not really compatible with other mods, unfortunately.

Are there many other mods that make new factions (that affect hostility)?

I just tested it in the QASmoke cell by COCing there, editing my looks via SLM, adding the player to the super mutant faction, spawning in a super mutant to confirm I was friendly, then placed a copy of the player actor via "Player.PlaceAtMe 7 1", with 7 being the Player actorbase formid.

Note, that I am not sure how the game fully reacts to the player and an FF actor ref using the same actor base, since the player is flagged with unique, but I doubt it will be much of a problem. Might as well put an IF check in the papyrus code with an option in the AAF XML to test it as an experimental feature.

Unfortunately, that won't work. It's how we ended up with the infamous broken quest bug. While it looks ok in the immediate scene, the simple act of making a copy of the PC breaks the game severely.

10 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Unfortunately, that won't work. It's how we ended up with the infamous broken quest bug. While it looks ok in the immediate scene, the simple act of making a copy of the PC breaks the game severely. 

Probably not, but any mod that adds a faction that is applied to the player to prevent hostilities (or encourage them) will not work as intended on the doppelganger.

And I figured that copying the player actor would have adverse consequences.

Ah well, that means the only way of doing it is getting some talent to reverse engineer the game and create a F4SE plugin can get all the factions off the player and apply them to the doppelganger (that talent is hard to find, and I wish I could become it, but alas there's very little to no resources online on how to do this), or going through an arduous loop of common factions that affect combat relations, adding them as needed, before enabling the doppelganger.

12 minutes ago, Chosen Clue said:

Ah well, that means the only way of doing it is getting some talent to reverse engineer the game and create a F4SE plugin can get all the factions off the player and apply them to the doppelganger (that talent is hard to find, and I wish I could become it, but alas there's very little to no resources online on how to do this), or going through an arduous loop of common factions that affect combat relations, adding them as needed, before enabling the doppelganger.

With some further testing just now, I'm not sure if this is a faction issue. At least probably not in the way we think. It actually works fine most of the time with nearby enemies not freaking out like that.

There is some additional factor. Like maybe it happens if the appearance of the doppelganger bumps an enemy NPC?

There might be some easy fix.

11 minutes ago, BAB PEEG said:

I got this message the other day, is it trying to use mole rats as a mutant hound or something?

Appears so. This might have something to do with the race XML.

34 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I remembered that there could be another way of applying the faction data onto the doppelganger: By making the doppelganger a companion of the player.

I remembered this because I was always wondering why my companions would never get attacked by supermutants while I was in the SuperMutant faction, but they weren't, and it was because the game has this function that basically makes the companions share the faction data.

Now, I'm not sure if they do this with SetCompanion function on the Actor Script, or with the Is Companion flag on the Followers quest Companion alias, but I think that should be researched to see if we can figure out a way to fooling the game into thinking the doppelganger is a player companion, and thus sharing factions. Hopefully it also won't step on the toes of the normal companion system.

But as you said, it might be something else.

26 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

@Chosen Clue @dagobaking Why do you need to copy all the factions to the doppelganger? We just need a copy of the PC for the animations, so why so much problem with the doppelganger factions. Just add the "Friends to everyone" faction on the doppelganger and be done with it, the same faction applied on the hostages you rescue in Random Encounters.

Factions determine if NPCs attack each other. If the player is in a faction that would keep an NPC from attacking them, then if the doppelganger isn't in the faction, the doppelganger would get attacked.

That might not be the actual issue though, as dago may have found the root problem.

I checked with console commands, the doppelganger doesn't share factions with the player. companions, despite registering 0 on a getinfaction check, do share faction relations, but not factions themselves.

Once dismissed, all these relations go away, and enemies that should be attacking companions will.

Hello everyone

I'm looking for some help about furniture animations

In fact I use AAF violate 0.51 with the search distance of 1000 and the probability of furniture animations at 100%.

However it does not work and I can assure you that I have tried twenty times at different places with furniture that I normally know how to work.

On 20 times I had 0 furniture animations and no matter the breed.

Ego kindly checked his mod and told me that it works for him.

What is strange is that 20 times I should have had at least one furniture animation that starts but no.

In addition I have no aaf errors and no animations errors and furniture animations work when I launch them via the AAF interface.

I would like to know if anyone would be kind enough to look at the xml files in my AAF folder to see if I'm missing something.

I also installed leito supply and savage patches of lilydementia

In my opinion I think I did everything correctly but obviously not.

cordially

24 minutes ago, hkheung said:

Hello everyone

I'm looking for some help about furniture animations

In fact I use AAF violate 0.51 with the search distance of 1000 and the probability of furniture animations at 100%.

However it does not work and I can assure you that I have tried twenty times at different places with furniture that I normally know how to work.

On 20 times I had 0 furniture animations and no matter the breed.

What is strange is that 20 times I should have had at least one furniture animation that starts but no.

In addition I have no aaf errors and no animations errors and furniture animations work when I launch them via the AAF interface.

I would like to know if anyone would be kind enough to look at the xml files in my AAF folder to see if I'm missing something.

I also installed leito supply and savage patches of lilydementia

In my opinion I think I did everything correctly but obviously not.

cordially

Post a screenshot of your Data\AAF folder

5 hours ago, Tron91 said:

@Chosen Clue @dagobaking Why do you need to copy all the factions to the doppelganger? We just need a copy of the PC for the animations, so why so much problem with the doppelganger factions. Just add the "Friends to everyone" faction on the doppelganger and be done with it, the same faction applied on the hostages you rescue in Random Encounters.

Good thought. But, the problem with this strategy is that we want characters to still attack characters in animations if they are in opposing factions. The issue to solve is preventing inter-faction attacks only.

5 hours ago, Chosen Clue said:

That might not be the actual issue though, as dago may have found the root problem.

I haven't determined what the issue is with certainty. I have seen it happen. But, the vast majority of times there is no attack.

3 hours ago, Chosen Clue said:

@dagobaking, I've found the function you should call on the player doppelganger. I finally remembered what it was by looking through the FollowersScript script.

SetPlayerTeammate

Edit:

Even if this doesn't fix the problem, it will probably fix other problems due to faction relations.

Edit:

I've tested it, it seems to work.

Thank you. I will implement this and see what happens. I don't see how it could hurt.

18 minutes ago, hkheung said:

I think the best approach would be for you to get the complete list of what Ego is using and copy that in your game. Then build from that working place.

10 hours ago, dagobaking said:

This is my 5th install of the game, being as minimalist as possible. AAF says it can't find the animations, and when it DOES find them, some actors don't work right. Could it be that AAF not being able to find the animations IS THE PROBLEM? Or do we need YET ANOTHER PATCH, like throwing shrimp on the barbie?

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, IF AAF SAYS IT CAN'T FIND SOMETHING, MAYBE IT REALLY CAN'T??

?

1 hour ago, Tron91 said:

I think the best approach would be for you to get the complete list of what Ego is using and copy that in your game. Then build from that working place.

thank you indeed I will ask him to kindly give me his file

15 hours ago, Chosen Clue said:

If you, instead of placing an actorbase of a doppelganger via placeatme, placeatme the player actor base, it should copy the factions and morphs over to the copy of the actor.

That was how the Doppelganger worked originally, and it caused huge problems with quests because the Doppelganger would fill quest aliases that the player was supposed to fill.  There is no practical way to fix all the script and game engine issues this causes, so it's a dead end.  We discovered that making the Doppelganger a different ActorBase which uses the Player as a template, instead of making it another instance of the Player, avoided those problems while giving us most of the same benefits e.g. appearance, morphs, etc.

Note that the Doppelganger does acquire all of the Player's factions.   However, this only works if the game was saved and reloaded after Player was added to the faction.  If you add yourself to the Super Mutant faction, save and reload, and create a Doppelganger, it will be in the SM faction.  I believe this happens because the Player ActorBase is not updated until the game is saved.

If there is a way using F4SE to force the actor to update, that would solve most of these faction and keyword issues.

Edit: I should have read the whole thread before replying.  SetPlayerTeammate() seems like a good solution.  I had forgotten all about the fact that faction relationships apply to teammates; as you say, it is why your followers won't be attacked by actors who have faction relationships with you.

11 hours ago, VonHelton said:

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, IF AAF SAYS IT CAN'T FIND SOMETHING, MAYBE IT REALLY CAN'T??

MORE LIKELY IT'S SOMETHING YOU NEED TO INSTALL.

5 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Edit: I should have read the whole thread before replying.  SetPlayerTeammate() seems like a good solution.  I had forgotten all about the fact that faction relationships apply to teammates; as you say, it is why your followers won't be attacked by actors who have faction relationships with you.

Implemented in test build 50. Reports on outcome appreciated.

Well, new to AAF, so this should be a fairly easy to solve. I keep getting a Error 008, missing the MorphSet ID 'Erected'. Seeing as that's gotta be a fairly common morph, I initially thought that I just had a bad install one of the AAF dependent mods, so reinstalled everything. Same error. So Looks like I'm either missing a mod or got a file that was lacking something somewhere. Using up to date versions of everything, grabbed from here or the nexus. Anyone happen to know which mod defines "erected"? (I think this should be an easy question based on my understanding of how AAF is set up (libraries in function if not form)).

1 hour ago, raska42 said:

Well, new to AAF, so this should be a fairly easy to solve. I keep getting a Error 008, missing the MorphSet ID 'Erected'. Seeing as that's gotta be a fairly common morph, I initially thought that I just had a bad install one of the AAF dependent mods, so reinstalled everything. Same error. So Looks like I'm either missing a mod or got a file that was lacking something somewhere. Using up to date versions of everything, grabbed from here or the nexus. Anyone happen to know which mod defines "erected"? (I think this should be an easy question based on my understanding of how AAF is set up (libraries in function if not form)).

Copy this file to your Data\AAF folder

Male_morphSetData.xml