Beyond Skyrim: Bruma

Did a manual install and it runs pretty well. Usually I wait for new mods to work out bugs, but this sounded so appealing that I had to try it. Little disappointed with it story wise. I mean Cyrodiil was ravaged by war for years and there seem to be few signs of it. I would have put in a few mass graveyards and broken walls in Bruma, but thats just me.

I used mo and just put the patch under the main mod, and the pretty constant skyrim has stopped working errors, even when I was not in bruma seem to have gone away, though I do still get the odd ctd, but there again I got them any way.

And one of the things most fantasy games tend to overlook, mainly due to the fact that it has no affect on players, is that any where magic is common, and in the elder scrolls it is common should have no problem fixing mere damage, there should be plenty of spells around to repair walls dig big holes etc, if you can get spells to throw around storms of lightning, teleport around the province, merely digging  big hole is nothing or should be nothing,

Hmm. I don't remember seeing a "dig hole" or "repair wall" spell in any book lol. :D

On topic. I tried to use NMM and it freakin choked. Seems to have trouble with large mods.

Hmm. I don't remember seeing a "dig hole" or "repair wall" spell in any book lol. :D

On topic. I tried to use NMM and it freakin choked. Seems to have trouble with large mods.

As for spells that is what I mean any magic rich game world should have spells to do most anything as somebody will have made them at some point, I normally just assume they are not mentioned to the player as they have no interest in them, pretty much no good for combat, 2-3 min casting time or longer for them, when building stuff how long it takes to cast is pretty much a non event, unless you are doing combat building, but in that case it is probably more use getting the mage to lightining storm/fire storm the hell out of the enemy rather than dig big holes.

And yup all the time I used nmm it was damn iffy when using big files, had a hell of a time getting it to install the merged armour and weapons packs I made all of which were around the 2gig or so range, in the end I ended up splitting them into meshes/textures and other zips for each merged patch, tedious as hell to say the least, mo just tends to slow right down when I point it at to install the current 5gb merged armour pack I use.

I hope bolting on a stack of mods like we normally do will not cause it to explode.

These guys need to be appreciated for the effort though. A massive project and this is only the first bit, apparently.

Nope, They are only appreciated if there is not only the English language output.

The Enderal modder (German) have also published an English version!  ;)

Just learn to play English Dud.

Nope, English is a shit language.  :lol: 

And it is also about the principle, a game is published in all languages and not only in English.

Imagine you each game appears only in English language, that would be the end of this game developer.  :P

Ich denke da liegst du falsch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

In deutsch: gesamt gibt es ca. 1010 Mio Leute die Englisch sprechen, 105 Mio die Deutsch sprechen. Ein Spiel das nur auf englisch erscheint hat keine Probleme und wird auf der ganzen Welt gespielt, auf Deutsch gibts das nur in DE, Schweitz und Österreich.

*edit: and another OT post: ;)

I can't wait to play this... even though it's already out. But I'm running Requiem and after 130 hours I'm only level 24 and I can't even kill a dragon yet. I will need to spend more time to get stronger and let the Bruma guys further patch the mod (inevitable) before I venture into that domain.

Hell, I have Clockwork, Darkend, Vigilant, and World of Rudra installed and I have yet to visit them.

How do you play then? I either often avoid starting the main story at all, or change difficulty/use god mode for dragons. Partly because i can't run away from dragons once they found me, partly because i hate when named NPCs are killed, especially Adrienne. Do you have another solution or just another attitude?

you know what pisses me off about this mod and all, it's the fact that all future updates to beyond skyrim after atmora is going to be SSE only.

This means no big tiddies and sexlab when playing bruma. GG no re.

you know what pisses me off about this mod and all, it's the fact that all future updates to beyond skyrim after atmora is going to be SSE only.

You don't need SKSE for big tiddies and hopefully SKSE 64 will be ready until then... i think these guys won't publish several new areas next week. But for Bruma sex mods are running fine? I've played maids II: deception almost without sexmods because i was afraid i'd break stuff and although it was great, at the end i just rushed through because all the missed opportunities annoyed me. ;)

You don't need SKSE for big tiddies and hopefully SKSE 64 will be ready until then... i think these guys won't publish several new areas next week. But for Bruma sex mods are running fine? I've played maids II: deception almost without sexmods because i was afraid i'd break stuff and although it was great, at the end i just rushed through because all the missed opportunities annoyed me. ;)

Well waht i meant was no good hdt physics big tiddies.

And so far, even with all the graphical mods available on SSE, SSE can't even get close to LE modded graphics. SSE enb's alway suffer from proper saturation balance and shadow detail. It's got that horrendous problem where shadows are pitch black in areas that should not be pitch black, and people who haven't seen a good LE ENB think those ENB's look "good".

SSE righ tnow just doesnt have any good enb's. I just can't fathom playign skyrim without sexlab, hdt physics, and all those skimpy armor mods that have hdt physics attached to them.

Plus bazinga's XML setup. <---- can't live without that.

I mean just compare hodilton or Ultimate immersion's youtube videos of their SSE maxed out graphical setups versus their Legendary Edition Maxed otu graphical setups, LE version always takes a dump on Special edition in terms of modded graphics.

Edit: just look at the current state of graphical modding between Legendary edition and Special edition:

Legendary Edition Graphics:

Special Edition graphics:

There's just no comparison here, SE always looks either washed out or oversaturated with no color balance/contrast balance.

Legendary edition with its tetrachromatic, suki, K enb, Rudy ENB, literally trumps anything that SE has currently.

And so far, even with all the graphical mods available on SSE, SSE can't even get close to LE modded graphics. SSE enb's alway suffer from proper saturation balance and shadow detail. It's got that horrendous problem where shadows are pitch black in areas that should not be pitch black, and people who haven't seen a good LE ENB think those ENB's look "good".

SSE righ tnow just doesnt have any good enb's. I just can't fathom playign skyrim without sexlab, hdt physics, and all those skimpy armor mods that have hdt physics attached to them.

I mean just compare hodilton or Ultimate immersion's youtube videos of their SSE maxed out graphical setups versus their Legendary Edition Maxed otu graphical setups, LE version always takes a dump on Special edition in terms of modded graphics.

Since i don't use ENBs at all and never tried SSE, i can't really say anything about that. ;) Still, i don't think the next region will be made soon... projects of this size are more messured in (half) years than (single) months, so i wouldn't bother to think about what we have now and that it's not there for SSE yet.

But you didn't answer my question and it seems you have tried it: is Bruma fine with sex mods in general, or will that break too much quests/scripts/whatever?

Since i don't use ENBs at all and never tried SSE, i can't really say anything about that. ;) Still, i don't think the next region will be made soon... projects of this size are more messured in (half) years than (single) months, so i wouldn't bother to think about what we have now and that it's not there for SSE yet.

But you didn't answer my question and it seems you have tried it: is Bruma fine with sex mods in general, or will that break too much quests/scripts/whatever?

Legendary edition i'm 100% fine right now. With literally 1 mod away from cap right now I'm experiencing almost zero issues.

But do look at my post above again. I Edited it posted some comparison videos so you can see what i mean. Just spend a quick few seconds/minutes to look through the video montages. It clearly shows what I mean by the graphical difference between the 2.

In deutsch: gesamt gibt es ca. 1010 Mio Leute die Englisch sprechen, 105 Mio die Deutsch sprechen. Ein Spiel das nur auf englisch erscheint hat keine Probleme und wird auf der ganzen Welt gespielt, auf Deutsch gibts das nur in DE, Schweitz und Österreich.

---snip---

off Topic.  :)

daß ist kein Vergleich, wie groß ist Deutschland und die wenigen deutschsprachigen Staaten?

wie groß ist Amerika, England und englisch sprachigen Staaten?

so jetzt komme ich mit einem Vergleich!

wie alt ist neu Englisch? nicht mal 300 Jahre alt und die sprache ist nicht mal abgeschlossen!

wie alt ist Deutsch? über 6000 Jahre alt und sie verändert sich nicht mehr!

mich kotzt ganz einfach englisch an und ich bin stolz Deutscher zu sein.  ;)

---snip---

daß ist kein Vergleich, wie groß ist Deutschland und die wenigen deutschsprachigen Staaten?

wie alt ist neu Englisch? nicht mal 300 Jahre alt und die sprache ist nicht mal abgeschlossen!

Was machst du dann in einem englischsprachigen Forum, außer ein schlechtes Licht mit deinen abgründigen Google-Translate Posts auf andere deutschsprachigen LL-Benutzer zu werfen?

@verel,

danke!

I downloaded Bruma yesterday but had to clean an old save (after I finished the main story line) first to be able to reach the new land. This was some work but it definately was worth it. As the Dragonborn the border is simply open to you.

This new mod, big like a full sized addon, is of simply breathtaking beauty,. I am totally eager to play deeper into it. :shy:

Das ist kompletter Blödsinn. Selbstverständlich ändert sich deutsch noch, jedes Jahr. Schau mal nach wieviel Worte jedes Jahr im Duden dazukommen. Das Deutsch von vor 600 Jahren könntest du nicht mal lesen. Ich krieg schon Goethe im Original nur mit Ach und Krach hin, und das ist grade mal 200 Jahre her. Abgesehen davon spielt das überhaupt keine Rolle wenn es darum geht ob ein Spiel erfolgreich ist. Für englisch ohne jede Übersetzung gibt es reichlich Kunden und sie können jede andere Sprache ignorieren, für deutsch nicht, völlig egal ob dir das passt.

Die einzige Sprachen die sich nicht mehr ändern sind tote Sprachen, so wie Latein. Wenn das dein Kriterium für ne gute Sprache ist, solltest du viellieicht sowas lernen... oder ägyptische Hieroglyphen. Deutsch gehört aber mit Sicherheit nicht dazu, das ändert sich auch nicht deswegen weil du die neuen Worte nicht lernst. 

Suggested to learn latin instead of english (or german) if not-changing is the crtieria for a good language. How is the prhase? The only good language is a dead language, or something similar...

I can't wait to play this... even though it's already out. But I'm running Requiem and after 130 hours I'm only level 24 and I can't even kill a dragon yet. I will need to spend more time to get stronger and let the Bruma guys further patch the mod (inevitable) before I venture into that domain.

Hell, I have Clockwork, Darkend, Vigilant, and World of Rudra installed and I have yet to visit them.

How do you play then? I either often avoid starting the main story at all, or change difficulty/use god mode for dragons. Partly because i can't run away from dragons once they found me, partly because i hate when named NPCs are killed, especially Adrienne. Do you have another solution or just another attitude?

Really?  That means it's going to be insane!  I hope not.  I just thought that if I got stronger then dragons would be easier.  I'm only level 24, and there's no level cap... but I did install some really powerful armor and weapons for me to find when I get to higher levels.  

As for my playstyle, I use a sword and shield and I'm specializing in healing and alteration as much as possible.  Requiem does not make it easy, and that's part of the reason why I like it so much.  I also installed Maximum Drive and I plan to use it only at higher levels, I think past level 60 or something.  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55548/?

Also, using a horse in Requiem for battle is very necessary.  It's almost impossible to survive an ambush unless you're on a horse.  Convenient Horses mod helps adds features to fight on a horse.  

I tried fighting a dragon on horseback and it was difficult but I think with more powerful weapons, armor, and magic resistance, it can be done.  

---snip---

Was machst du dann in einem englischsprachigen Forum, außer ein schlechtes Licht mit deinen abgründigen Google-Translate Posts auf andere deutschsprachigen LL-Benutzer zu werfen?

daß ist aber jetzt sehr lustig, du bist Member seit 10. Juli 2011, ich seit 16. Oktober 2011!

wie viele Posts hast du geschrieben, wie viele ich?

wie vielen hast du geholfen, wie viele ich?

wie viele Freunde hast du in deiner Liste, wie viele ich? übrigens nicht nur deutsche!

ich denke mal ich hab hier mehr geleistet als du und deshalb sag nie wieder das ich hier nichts zu suchen habe.

wir verstehn uns!

Did a manual install and it runs pretty well. Usually I wait for new mods to work out bugs, but this sounded so appealing that I had to try it. Little disappointed with it story wise. I mean Cyrodiil was ravaged by war for years and there seem to be few signs of it. I would have put in a few mass graveyards and broken walls in Bruma, but thats just me.

The Count explains pretty clearly that Bruma was one of the few places that wasn't physically impacted by the war. We simply haven't been to a part of the province that has yet.

All the sex mods work fine with it. I just watch one of my necromancer thralls rape another! I was kinda laughing at that. Also I submitted my beautiful Triss clone to a highwayman and everything worked fine.

As for this being released only on SSE in the future- well we'll just have to wait and see if that holds in the face of heated arguments. ;)

The Count explains pretty clearly that Bruma was one of the few places that wasn't physically impacted by the war. We simply haven't been to a part of the province that has yet.

I'm sure what most people really want to see is the Imperial City. That should be the crown jewel of the entire project. Really hoping they got some good writers to fill in some blanks and make some interesting quests and back-stories. I must say that it is of top notch caliber from what I have seen so far. I find myself remembering all those hours I played Oblivion until I couldn't keep my eyes open. :D

Now all we need is oblivion gates to relive the oblivion days in skyrim engine.. :D Would like to kick Mehrun dagon ass again with better graphics. Anyway still hoping at least Bethesda to try building Oblivion SE version.

It is understandable they want to move SE This mod will push the poor legacy version over its top. And when the other province is released you wont even be able to start your game anymore due to memory restrictions.

So is this just Bruma section of its own cell or do they plan on expanding making all of Cyrodill in one mod?

I would expect each area to be its own mod, just for the ease of updates and such, and it makes more sense to keep each area a separate mod, especially as from what is said it seems to have multiple groups working on each area.

Some of the new armors are just shitty looking and get beat by dragonborn armors or other mods armors. The weapons look terrible, I was trying to remember who made those lore weapons expansion mod and it was insanitysorrow from nexus mods he even got that mod up to v1.4 and put everything in there so once they get this mod to a stable point I'm just gonna go in there and replace the crappy meshes and textures with insanity's stuff and be done with it.

Some of the new armors are just shitty looking and get beat by dragonborn armors or other mods armors. The weapons look terrible, I was trying to remember who made those lore weapons expansion mod and it was insanitysorrow from nexus mods he even got that mod up to v1.4 and put everything in there so once they get this mod to a stable point I'm just gonna go in there and replace the crappy meshes and textures with insanity's stuff and be done with it.

Some of the meshes and texture conflict with immersive weapons and legendary skyrim crossbows, as well as immersive college of winterhold and beyond reach mods.

I am thinking about uninstalling this mod and just forget about it. There is talk of making the whole thing only available for Special Ed edition of skyrim and we all know how fast the porn mods are movin over to that... yeah so I just might dump it and then uninstall maria eden mod and wait for the latest version of maria eden to come out before going back to skyrim again. The vanilla game is so incredibly boring and I found it strange to open containers without any hesitation or having to check arousal amount first lol.

Because of all the bugs in bruma the world borders had to be reigned in a lot so some places you can't even get to like the other half of a bandit camp for example. The constant visual of being on a large slant downward because the mountains really sucks and the weather constantly snows and makes everything that washed out grey color except for a few hours during the day time. Probably going to be months before they get enough of the world done to allow people to get anywhere near the imperial city. Should they ever get the ENTIRE thing done that would be like playing two whole games instead of just skyrim! So the beginning would have to be altered so the player starts out in cyrodil somehow and then after doing everything there or whatever, the player decides to go to skyrim and... gets caught crossing the border near ulfric and pals thus starting the skyrim side of the game. But that would level up the player so high already that the beginning stuff in riverwood or whiterun wouldn't make any sense since the player already knows all that stuff. So if we just start the game normally then play back and forth between two worlds that would get annoying trying to bounce back and forth all the time.

This is clearly a big indication that beth should have released a new game by now and totally screwed up by not doing that. People are trying to make another game out of one of their games and it ain't workin out too well.

This is clearly a big indication that beth should have released a new game by now and totally screwed up by not doing that. People are trying to make another game out of one of their games and it ain't workin out too well.

They did release a new game, it's called Fallout 4. It's not bad if you like that sort of thing. :P 

I understand some of your frustration especially with the moving to just SE for future stuff (if that actually happens), but I think it is too early to be this down on this mod. It is a huge endeavor this is basically the open beta phase. Relax take a break comeback in a week or so. :)

Archived