Yeah, no, the current version is completely broken for me too. Completely ignores any settings and getting kidnapped constantly. For me, for some reason, it also re-registered the MCM, so now I have 2 entries. 

In console, use "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1". This will have the mcm reset its mod list and remove any that were deleted. It won't mess with any setting or break anything, but if you have a mod that lets you reorder the mods listed, the order may be set back to default.

I'm also waiting for a patch to fix this mod, because I love the idea of it, and vinfamy has made some of my favorite sexlab mods.

I thought i would give this a try, and after many of the issues that have been reported above this post happened to me  I took it out   :(

Not sure if the original mod had same issues but think i'm just gonna walk away, like alot of my kidnappers did lol -- true, couldn't leave to cell to give chase, also kept giving me kidnappers that were Essential.   And the % of attackers,  set to  0% never works....  to many bug to mention since it looks like alot of people already have.

Love the concept of mod, just it is busted for me for now. 

I thought i would give this a try, and after many of the issues that have been reported above this post happened to me  I took it out   :(

Not sure if the original mod had same issues but think i'm just gonna walk away, like alot of my kidnappers did lol -- true, couldn't leave to cell to give chase, also kept giving me kidnappers that were Essential.   And the % of attackers,  set to  0% never works....  to many bug to mention since it looks like alot of people already have.

Love the concept of mod, just it is busted for me for now. 

i noticed that when i get ambushed, i would sometimes get attacked by some of the bandits! i think this is to do with OBIS bandits?

probably. Mods that add NPC's often don't have the correct factions assigned.

i noticed that when i get ambushed, i would sometimes get attacked by some of the bandits! i think this is to do with OBIS bandits?

probably. Mods that add NPC's often don't have the correct factions assigned.

yeah i think thats why, im not an expert but when i console command and click that npc (because i just kill them lol) its always the OBIS ones...

jfraser helped me solve this but I thought to make a post about it here so you & others would know about it:

I was having problems trying to get Kidnapped to trigger during an existing save because it never would even with the chances at 100% so I started a new game. Then after getting sent to SD+ through Simple Slavery, Kidnapped triggered in the middle of Riften! The kidnappers (who were necromancers) were unkillable but they killed my SD+ master, took me to the abandoned cabin to rape me, then my SD+ master spawned in & interrupted it! After that I would get onscreen tips about Devious devices like gags & blindfolds, then in 3 different run throughs of that save I was taken to different locations (outside Whiterun, somewhere in the woods, then inside the fort from the Azura's Star quest) where each time the Kidnapped: Revenge quest would start even though I haven't escaped & one of the necromancers became my master (not sure if it was through SD+ or Maria Eden), then my original SD+ master came & started combat again! I then reloaded a save long before getting sent to Simple Slavery & set all Kidnapped chances to 0% while increasing penalties like in cities to 200%.

That solved nothing because Kidnapped would still trigger in Riften after retrying Simple Slavery through Defeat & receiving my SD+ master. So i reloaded again & tried Defeat on a different faction & Kidnapped triggered right in the middle of Defeat! I therefore created another new game save, changed up the Kidnapped settings prior to being spawned in the world through Alternate Start & as a result, Kidnapped stopped happening like I wanted it to. I am now properly enslaved through SD+ & the mods that sent me there without Kidnapped interfering, but I am waiting until I have gotten freed before testing out Kidnapped & it's mechanics in a normal setting.

TLDR: Don't have Kidnapped at its normal trigger settings even in a new game if you want to be enslaved through Defeat, Simple Slavery, & SD+ first! Which is a shame because Kidnapped works so well in Fallout 4 so I was looking forward to this one.

Using Death Alternative and Defeat, will kidnapped play nicely with those two or should I use this mod in exclusivity? If I understand correctly, kidnapped can trigger a fight scene and the kidnapping happens if the player loses which can be conflicting with defeat...

Using Death Alternative and Defeat, will kidnapped play nicely with those two or should I use this mod in exclusivity? If I understand correctly, kidnapped can trigger a fight scene and the kidnapping happens if the player loses which can be conflicting with defeat...

While I'm not actively running this mod currently, I don't think they should really interfere.  The kidnapped fight is a "don't get hit for x seconds" event and then its just a regular fight, so you shouldn't trigger both types of event at the same time.  In fact they would probably compliment each other, since if you dodge the kidnap but lose the fight after you would then have a defeat event.

While I'm not actively running this mod currently, I don't think they should really interfere.  The kidnapped fight is a "don't get hit for x seconds" event and then its just a regular fight, so you shouldn't trigger both types of event at the same time.  In fact they would probably compliment each other, since if you dodge the kidnap but lose the fight after you would then have a defeat event.

Thanks for the clarifications, it was quite unclear in the description page and that made me postpone trying this mod for quite a while now.

One thing I've been wondering, is why do I keep getting essential enemies every kidnap attempt? Usually 2 of the ambushers are essential, and I've noticed I sometime cant even disable them by console without first using recycleactor it's like there's a state parent issue.

Heya there Vinfamy, thanks much for this mod. I wonder, can the player be made to kidnap people as well? I did re-read through the description page so maybe something like this could be implemented in the future. If such an option already exists, I apologize for not seeing it. 

Heya there Vinfamy, thanks much for this mod. I wonder, can the player be made to kidnap people as well? I did re-read through the description page so maybe something like this could be implemented in the future. If such an option already exists, I apologize for not seeing it. 

I believe that that would require an entirely new mod to be made. Currently, the mod summons a group of kidnappers to ambush the player, with an assigned time limit for them to make a hit for the kidnap to be successful. If successful, the player and the kidnappers are brought to a suitable location for the kidnappers that spawned, and players inventory is removed. When the kidnap is successful, a quest is started and ends when the player escapes, or is let go.

For a mod you seem to want, you would have to set a flag that tells the mod that you want to kidnap an individual, either by attack, spell or by dialogue. I think the best or most fitting way to trigger it, would be to make a new type of "sleeping" poison that when it hits, gives the target a custom effect that the mod can check for to know to trigger the quest event, and what actor is being kidnapped. The player and npc would then have to be moved to a predetermined location, and the quest set to the npc to control its ai during the kidnap. If you wanted the npc to have certain behaviors when kidnapped, such as attempt escapes, and loot DD keys from the player, you are opening another can of worms to make it seem somewhat natural.

This would have to be a completely different mod, just because very little of the code from the current mod would really be reusable for the tasks needed. It could be incorporated into the same mcm menu, but it would definately have to be completely programed as a separate mod.

But who knows, vinfamy is one of my favorite modders, and I wouldn't put it past him to make it work just to prove me wrong.

I believe that that would require an entirely new mod to be made. Currently, the mod summons a group of kidnappers to ambush the player, with an assigned time limit for them to make a hit for the kidnap to be successful. If successful, the player and the kidnappers are brought to a suitable location for the kidnappers that spawned, and players inventory is removed. When the kidnap is successful, a quest is started and ends when the player escapes, or is let go.

For a mod you seem to want, you would have to set a flag that tells the mod that you want to kidnap an individual, either by attack, spell or by dialogue. I think the best or most fitting way to trigger it, would be to make a new type of "sleeping" poison that when it hits, gives the target a custom effect that the mod can check for to know to trigger the quest event, and what actor is being kidnapped. The player and npc would then have to be moved to a predetermined location, and the quest set to the npc to control its ai during the kidnap. If you wanted the npc to have certain behaviors when kidnapped, such as attempt escapes, and loot DD keys from the player, you are opening another can of worms to make it seem somewhat natural.

This would have to be a completely different mod, just because very little of the code from the current mod would really be reusable for the tasks needed. It could be incorporated into the same mcm menu, but it would definately have to be completely programed as a separate mod.

But who knows, vinfamy is one of my favorite modders, and I wouldn't put it past him to make it work just to prove me wrong.

Hmm, your explanation of the technicalities actually gives me some ideas on how this could work. I make mods as well, and have a decent understanding ( SIC ) of scripting. I might be able to make like a proof-of-concept type mod that does what I'm looking for. Thanks much That Dude 79

*snip*

Hmm, your explanation of the technicalities actually gives me some ideas on how this could work. I make mods as well, and have a decent understanding ( SIC ) of scripting. I might be able to make like a proof-of-concept type mod that does what I'm looking for. Thanks much That Dude 79

Dread prison might be what you're looking for. Or PAHE, there are several addons for that one. Didn't try either, but they sound like what you're looking for. 

What i use is either Defeat for hostiles, and/or Display model for non-hostile NPCs.

Well that was weird. I got kidnapped, and spawned in what appeared to be some kind of prison with a bunch of other people. Then I was suddenly teleported elsewhere in the dungeon, and then started sliding and clipping through the walls and floor and stopped in some other room where I finally got raped.

And all the while, the male mages raping me were spawning skeletons (the enemy type) out of their bodies for some reason...

Oh, and as others have mentioned, the Force Ambush option was broken for me.

[i do summon you]

Vinfamy, come back to this mod, please :(

Make it respect its MCM again! It's an awesome concept and the changes of 4.0 are great, but only when it doesn't spawn enemies everytime one steps outside a building/city!

As seen from your sig you're a great modder with a lot on your plate. I learned long ago to be patient, everything you've created is very much appreciated. I do look forward to an update, I just hope you realize that all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about the current state of this mod is because everyone sees the brilliance of it and most people just want, what they want, when they want it, without thinking about all the work that goes into a project like this or all the others you have created. Thank you for all that you've added to the LL community.

Here are some of the things I notice. Some might be bugs, some might not be, but might not be working as ideal as it could.

Non enemy type kidnappers, inn, merchants, etc. Quite a few of them are named NPCs, killing them usually incur a bounty penalty as well. I usually turn them off, except for the hunters. spawning generic NPCs might get around the named NPCs issue, but is it possible to mark NPCs to be killable without bounty?

It seems like only vanilla race (or playable race?) followers seems to get kidnapped and could be mark as target.

Escaping seem a little glitchy at times. Sometimes after seemingly escaped the mod still thinks PC is kidnapped; not sure what is the cause. I think in the older version there used to be a dialog box that pops up when the mod detects PC has escaped, but it seems like that is gone? The current method feels more fluid, although might be less reliable. Escaping a multi cell dungeon is a little strange especially with followers in tow since kidnapped followers sometimes get stuck. Sometimes PC could end up escaping one cell but ends up in another hostile cell, but can't return to the previous escaped cell because that became hostile also or maybe that's the fun part :P. Outdoor escapes also feels a little arbitrary.

Talking to NPCs when kidnapped yield a "..." dialog option sometimes they will say something offensive, sometimes nothing came of it.

Was ambushed by hunters in the city of Windhelm, teleport to outdoor on the hilly path towards Boethiah, kidnapped were PC, an active follower, and a non active follower. Mobs start teleporting in or walks over, hunters, bandits, wolfs. Run to escape by going towards Traitor's Post, the bandits there were friendly and seems to get trigger as PC gets near them (starts approaching slowly)? Ran towards the farms near Windhelm still seems to be consider kidnapped. Talking to the farmers there have a "..." dialog option (fellow kidnapped followers were getting rail back near the initial spot on the hill path.) All while occasionally gets stop and mob with teleport over to fucks PC. Finally enter Windhelm and seems like the event ends.

Exit Windhelm almost immediately ran into a kidnapped follower on route back to home point, also see the kidnapper hunter hanging around near the farms since he is technically a friendly NPC.

In the grand scheme of things it seems to work, but not sure what dictates different triggers and how these mechanics work together.

The force ambush debug option seems to not take into account of MCM kidnappers option, it will also works only once, afterward no kidnapping will trigger again. So as it is, using it seems like it will break the mod after one encounter.

Also got kidnapped and teleport to the Warehouse Traps Test Cell once, trigger point was Falkreath I think?