2 minutes ago, Scrab said:

What do you people find so enticing about this project, what made you use it?

The title I think gives a reason . Certainly if , misconfigured , it becomes unplayable 

4 minutes ago, Scrab said:

If youre still using it, why do you keep it around? Whats the problem with alternatives? (Are there any?)

If there are alternatives, I would be curious to try them out . 

5 minutes ago, Scrab said:

If I were to redesign this mod as an add-on to Acheron, would you use it?

Just try . In your place I would make a Thread for this mod , asking the players , what variants they would like to find in it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the ideia behind the mod, but there are some risk using it.

1. I cleared Redorans Retreat in a bounty quest (vanilla).

2. A few days later I was kidnapped and sent to Redorans Retreat.

3. After the scene, I passed away.

4. A few days later, with a new bounty quest (vanilla), I was order to clear the "Bandit Hideout".

4.1. Thing is, the "Bandit Hideout" marking Redorans Retreat. There was no one inside and, thus, I could not clear the camp and complete the bounty quest (vanilla).

Not to mention the fact that I dont know what happens if I'm kidnnaped by the DB, College, Companions etc.

Do I need to kill them to complete the "revenge quest"?

I guess that would break some quests.

On 10/18/2023 at 7:10 AM, Arantes90 said:

I like the ideia behind the mod, but there are some risk using it.

1. I cleared Redorans Retreat in a bounty quest (vanilla).

2. A few days later I was kidnapped and sent to Redorans Retreat.

3. After the scene, I passed away.

4. A few days later, with a new bounty quest (vanilla), I was order to clear the "Bandit Hideout".

4.1. Thing is, the "Bandit Hideout" marking Redorans Retreat. There was no one inside and, thus, I could not clear the camp and complete the bounty quest (vanilla).

Not to mention the fact that I dont know what happens if I'm kidnnaped by the DB, College, Companions etc.

Do I need to kill them to complete the "revenge quest"?

I guess that would break some quests.

you can kill them since they are technically duplicates of the real ones... The issue I have is that they are considered factions of the same place, so when you do a crime, you are responsible if it's in a hold...Some people might want it, but it's problematic. if you also try to run, it also is not updated as far as lods... I'm not sure what's going on there but I got nabbed and taken to that large bandit camp[ outside of Rorikstead. here i am all tied up running away as fast as I can. Only to see eventually missing buildings and lods and eventually no roads.. I'm like ok.... so this really is.... I need to kill the fat bastard :P to eventually get back to normal world. The things this needs, 1. a way to store your settings and 2.) reset them to default 3.) have its own bandit location it will default to as to not ruin discovered quests and things... 4.) fix the ai to its own kidnapper only Ai, and hide the activity from non kidnapper factions...something like some search for a private area away from others when the kidnapping starts.... 5.) is to not create its own location, but keep the other npcs from combat, 6.) a wider area for engagement of non allied npcs... this way npcs will get a passive buff to not engage in anything but possibly spectating. 7.) keep track of the previous zones for up to 3 days, when the zone has been cleared it gets a stock of new bandits if they died. reset the quests so they will ensure it won't change them from the state they started in. Engage up to 10 followers or allies at once...NFF supports a lot more but i'm sure this could be pushed without much effort.  you can que them up...and roll them out until you pass out. Convert to use open animator for humans and automations and creatures ... not sure how you might do that... you should get a indicator of the internal diagnostics if you check on a checkbox so you could get the stages and npc ids and such...helps in diagnosing things.

only steal common items not quest or flaged one only rare items.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:24 PM, magickchris said:

is there any way to escape from the yoke they put on you during event? i tried struggling and nothing and the key from lauras shop wont work as I cant reach the lock of course.

your kinda stuck.... as some have a time limit...if you have a devious follower available and they are charitable....you could ask them :P or maybe hobble your way to an exit... you could also just die and respawn back to the inn. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 5:54 AM, Scrab said:

Question for the pplz here:
I constantly see this mod pushed back to the top despite its not exactly... bright reputation; and Im wondering:

• What do you people find so enticing about this project, what made you use it?
  • If youre still using it, why do you keep it around? Whats the problem with alternatives? (Are there any?)
  • If I were to redesign this mod as an add-on to Acheron, would you use it?

1. I personally just like how it's a relatively short term, low consequence sex-related random event. I also liked having a radiant quest to save people who have been kidnapped. Unfortunately, the mod just has a lot of issues that hold back the concept. I don't like how frequently the group that ultimately uses you can be completely different to the one that initially ambushed you. I don't like how it grabs NPCs that have no business being in the area to use for the scenarios (be it a Jarl or someone who appears on the opposite side of the map). I could go on about my issues with the mod, but I do like the premise. 

2. I do not believe there are any proper alternatives, be it LE or SE. At most there are some mods that can implement "parts" of SL Kidnapped (such as Damsel's in Distress somewhat adding in NPC prisoners to bandits / etc.). However you can't fully recreate what SL Kidnapped is trying to deliver (I also don't want to install mod requirements for bondage gear, which I believe is a thing for the previously mention Damsels mod).

3. Assuming it would fulfill my initial response to the first point, then yes, I probably would. I could definitely see Acheron improving various aspects of Kidnapped.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...