The mod has now decided to ignore all of my settings and send kidnappers upon exit of any building to outside anywhere at any time regardless of anything.

As such while it is fun i'm forced to remove it until an update is released.

I doubt it's 'ignoring' anything. Attackers hitting you right when you leave a building means the ambush conditions were otherwise met, but couldn't activate because you were inside. So it waits until you leave, then springs it.

My ambush conditions were set to occur between 10pm-5am, it was 9am or so. An ambush happened 2 hours before (avoided), the cooldown was set to 6 hours. I set the maximum penalty for friendly npcs and lowest chance for it being in a city, the ambush occured (both times) in Markath around a ton of npcs.

There's no way any of the conditions were met in or out of the building. It just happens every time I leave one.

The mod has now decided to ignore all of my settings and send kidnappers upon exit of any building to outside anywhere at any time regardless of anything.

As such while it is fun i'm forced to remove it until an update is released.

I doubt it's 'ignoring' anything. Attackers hitting you right when you leave a building means the ambush conditions were otherwise met, but couldn't activate because you were inside. So it waits until you leave, then springs it.

My ambush conditions were set to occur between 10pm-5am, it was 9am or so. An ambush happened 2 hours before (avoided), the cooldown was set to 6 hours. I set the maximum penalty for friendly npcs and lowest chance for it being in a city, the ambush occured (both times) in Markath around a ton of npcs.

There's no way any of the conditions were met in or out of the building. It just happens every time I leave one.

This has been happening to me as well. Got attacked in riverwood twice now (after exiting the trader and then the inn), within minutes of each other(maybe 2 or 3 ingame hours). Im not sure the %chances in the MCM options are even doing anything.

Edit: I should mention I got attacked a couple times earlier as well despite having my base % at 1% and night percentage at 2%. Having it occur multiple times in such a short duration only shows something is amiss.

Hi Vinfamy !

First, thank you for your work on your mods, they are quite fabulous :D

I would like to ask, is it possible to keep the script download up-to-date with the latest version ? Or include them directly in the mod package ? It could help us to spot bug and help you to fix them.

I have another question/suggestion, is there some kind of scripting restriction that makes you teleport kidnapper directly on the PC ? I see that you use the MoveTo(player), which can take an offset in parameter, so could it be possible to make them appear far from the PC (something like 50-100 feet) ?

My problem is that I want to be able to react to them, and sometimes with certain creatures it is impossible to dodge their attack.. Like chaurus that instantly spit on you as soon as they appear.

I don't know if it's because of back to back loading instead of doing the hassle of exiting the game -> relaunch -> coc qasmoke to load up mods -> load save, but I've had issues where I wanted to know what happens with certain CCAS dark tales starts and even if I disabled Kidnapped, lowered every chance to 0 on every single variable, it still launches an assault real quick. The only difference it made putting in all the work of doing that was it seemed delay for a bit but otherwise kept going asap.

I'd like to request the kidnappers be more randomized. For example, having reloaded around 20 times trying to figure out how to make Kidnapped not get in the way of CCAS at the start, I realized that the orcs that kept popping up (only didn't pop up once, and in exchange it was imperials) were always from the same hold, and always brought the PC to the gloombound mine. It'd be nice if there was more variety in it not just in where they take you but who ambushes you so that you can have different groups of bandits or orcs etc etc instead of the same old group, though if there is and it's just not working for me then that's another story.

Actually I'm rather curious, given I have no slavery mods, what happens if I befriend the orcs afterwards going through their quests? Will the PC I use still get ambushed by the same orcs eventually?

Use the debug notification add-on if you're interested in how things are calculated.

To avoid ambushes near to each other. Change the timeout, not the chance.

Thank you for helping, My delay was 72 hours previously.

I reinstalled the mod and that seems to have fixed the constant attacks.

Would it be possible to make it so that the script runs only when you're outdoors and not in an interior cell? Because it gets hard to fight an ambush right after exiting a tough dungeon if I'm over carrying capacity and especially with hardcore survival mods like RND, Frostfall, ASIS, Vigor etc which might slow me down.

I don't know if it's because of back to back loading instead of doing the hassle of exiting the game -> relaunch -> coc qasmoke to load up mods -> load save, but I've had issues where I wanted to know what happens with certain CCAS dark tales starts and even if I disabled Kidnapped, lowered every chance to 0 on every single variable, it still launches an assault real quick. The only difference it made putting in all the work of doing that was it seemed delay for a bit but otherwise kept going asap.

I'd like to request the kidnappers be more randomized. For example, having reloaded around 20 times trying to figure out how to make Kidnapped not get in the way of CCAS at the start, I realized that the orcs that kept popping up (only didn't pop up once, and in exchange it was imperials) were always from the same hold, and always brought the PC to the gloombound mine. It'd be nice if there was more variety in it not just in where they take you but who ambushes you so that you can have different groups of bandits or orcs etc etc instead of the same old group, though if there is and it's just not working for me then that's another story.

Actually I'm rather curious, given I have no slavery mods, what happens if I befriend the orcs afterwards going through their quests? Will the PC I use still get ambushed by the same orcs eventually?

If you're getting the same attackers, I think that means the script ran before you saved, Try to reinstall the mod after a clean save if you're getting constant attacks, that worked for me.

If you don't want to go through this process everytime you start the game, you can always use Continue Game, No Crash which does the same thing automatically. I personnally use it and I never had any problem since then.

Is there no way to reset everything with the push of a button? But I'm quite glad that it's just another hassle of setting up a fresh start instead of having no variety

Speaking of variety, I had a bug where no kidnapper were spawning when the log said so. It kept trying to find some but didn't succeed and tried in an infinite loop. I found that it occurs when you check the More Nasty Critter option without specifying spawn weight to MNC creature. As soon as I put hagraven to 100%, it spawned immediatly. Could be the cause to the problem some people have when there is no kidnapping happening.

If you don't want to go through this process everytime you start the game, you can always use Continue Game, No Crash which does the same thing automatically. I personnally use it and I never had any problem since then.

Never heard about that mod, thanks for pointing it out. What a time saver.

I had the same problem that others have reported of ambushes happening too often. I turned them off entirely and set all the options to make them as unlikely as possible and they still kept happening. Even tried setting all the ambusher factions to 0% chance, and it just pulled some named Argonian dockworkers from Windhelm docks. The ambushes increased in frequency over time, to the point where I was getting ambushed every time I left a building. It seems like the more I tried to adjust the MCM settings, the more likely ambushes became. I finally had to uninstall the mod as it just wasn't playable in its current state

Hmm I'll double-check on the chance calculation and add a MCM option to disable the "still  find kidnappers indoors but wait till you're outdoor to spawn" mechanic. 

Any mod changing a timescale could be the culprit. But if so, I can add an option to reduce the scan frequency from the default one every game hour.

For those having things happen too often, install the debug notification addon to see why.

Hey all,

Fantastic mod! Just wondering how to save other victims when i get kidnapped. I was in a situation where Rorik and Lydia were kidnapped with me, but i couldnt make them get up and leave with me. Is there a way to save them along with myself?

Thanks!

Hi Vinfamy,

Sorry to say but I cannot get the mod working correctly for the life of me. I had a previous version working fine (4.0) I believe but 4.02 is not doing it. I spent the last two hours trying to remove other mods to see if there were any conflicts or slowdowns but nothing seems to trigger the kidnappings.

- Script tells me there is a 400% chance of being kidnapped (played with the sliders) but nothing happens

- Clicked on the force trigger kidnapping, and nothing happens either

- I do get the dialogue to specify kidnappings and someone did get kidnapped and rescued

- Now I don't know how, but ONCE I got giants to attack my character and it triggered a kidnapping + sex scenes (not by the giants though, by argonians...)

Hi Vinfamy,

Sorry to say but I cannot get the mod working correctly for the life of me. I had a previous version working fine (4.0) I believe but 4.02 is not doing it. I spent the last two hours trying to remove other mods to see if there were any conflicts or slowdowns but nothing seems to trigger the kidnappings.

- Script tells me there is a 400% chance of being kidnapped (played with the sliders) but nothing happens

- Clicked on the force trigger kidnapping, and nothing happens either

- I do get the dialogue to specify kidnappings and someone did get kidnapped and rescued

- Now I don't know how, but ONCE I got giants to attack my character and it triggered a kidnapping + sex scenes (not by the giants though, by argonians...)

Try new game, worked for me.

Yeah did that three times and made attempts in multiple areas. I am using live another life if that helps.

Is there a minimum quest that needs to be done before the mods starts working? I didn't see anything about that but I was wondering if getting out of Helgen / first dragon would help...

Yeah did that three times and made attempts in multiple areas. I am using live another life if that helps.

Is there a minimum quest that needs to be done before the mods starts working? I didn't see anything about that but I was wondering if getting out of Helgen / first dragon would help...

Did you try the diagnostic thing?

I just started using your mod and was trying a brand new game. I am using alternate start, and no matter where i spawned my character, i would get attacked in the middle of the day.

was wondering if there is some mod conflicts i might need to look at, had to disable your mod for now till I can determine if another mod is causing a conflict.

I just started using your mod and was trying a brand new game. I am using alternate start, and no matter where i spawned my character, i would get attacked in the middle of the day.

was wondering if there is some mod conflicts i might need to look at, had to disable your mod for now till I can determine if another mod is causing a conflict

There is no conflict. There is a chance for attacks during the day too. Just look at your settings if you want to change that 

When I get kidnapped, whenever I enter the "exhausted" state, like kneeling and catching my breath, is it intended that I can get out of that state by pressing jump?

Thanks!

Intended. You can fight back the kidnappers while under hostage. The mod will handle combat accordingly.

Great mod!

Just a couple suggestions (maybe they have been suggested yet):

1) Option to avoid the mod using default npcs. It happened to me that some npcs from the dark brotherood or other guilds attacked me, and then they screwed that guild's storyline

2) Option to enable/disable this mod in MCM

3) Option to only spawn brand new npcs to kidnap npcs or player, so that they are safe to kill.

4) Option to modify the frequency at which kidnappings happen. Maybe it's a bug or conflict, but for me, they happen way to often

Great mod!

Just a couple suggestions (maybe they have been suggested yet):

1) Option to avoid the mod using default npcs. It happened to me that some npcs from the dark brotherood or other guilds attacked me, and then they screwed that guild's storyline

2) Option to enable/disable this mod in MCM

3) Option to only spawn brand new npcs to kidnap npcs or player, so that they are safe to kill.

4) Option to modify the frequency at which kidnappings happen. Maybe it's a bug or conflict, but for me, they happen way to often

The issue with named NPCs being part of the kidnap happens to me as well, and I can also confirm that this causes problems with later quests. This is especially true when those NPCs are essential. They can't be killed and stay hostile to the player. This causes all kinds of problems.

Such a great mod, but the issues keep it from being something reliable - I get attacked every time I step out of a small area, even if the player kidnap is disabled.

Worse, it triggers in cities even with the penalty and so leads to an almighty fracas with the attackers being immortal, so you end up having to disable them.

I think it's better to (a) go back to, or give the option of a direct knockout. (B) Another way is to create a small popup minigame (You hear steps behind you, and you get choices between dodging consecutive blows/darts, and if you lose, get carted off. If you win, nothing happens. © Once at a location, it needs to actively stop local enemies from coming in. At a Stormcloak camp my PC attracts a skeever which leads to more chaos.