Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

18 minutes ago, IronDusk33 said:

I was thinking this could be a system that works on top of bound combat. As it stands currently, unless your character is a reincarnation of Chun Li, getting through dungeons or bandit-infested wilderness would be near impossible with just your legs. It would be completely impossible if she gets stuck in a tight dress or ankle chains. Tricking or persuading nearby NPCs to fight for you would be one way for your character to survive.

However, I think if your character could learn to do some knock-back or staggering kicks that could stun-lock enemies, it might become an interesting and viable combat style.

It's not up-to-date and i didn't test long enough to figure out where exactly it works and where not, but deviously helpless still does a good job for most devices if the goal is surviving while bound.

2 hours ago, IronDusk33 said:

I was thinking this could be a system that works on top of bound combat. As it stands currently, unless your character is a reincarnation of Chun Li, getting through dungeons or bandit-infested wilderness would be near impossible with just your legs. It would be completely impossible if she gets stuck in a tight dress or ankle chains. Tricking or persuading nearby NPCs to fight for you would be one way for your character to survive.

However, I think if your character could learn to do some knock-back or staggering kicks that could stun-lock enemies, it might become an interesting and viable combat style.

Bound combat should obviously not be too strong. It shouldn't be an alternative to using normal weapons.

But a highly trained half dragon should still be able to kick herself out of a wolf attack.

9 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Bound combat should obviously not be too strong. It shouldn't be an alternative to using normal weapons.

But a highly trained half dragon should still be able to kick herself out of a wolf attack.

Only issue I see is that the question of what is "too powerful" or "too weak" is completely dependent on the user's mods and difficulty settings.  Some people basically run vanilla games, where wolves are a low-level pest and bandits stop levelling at 30 and probably don't need very strong bound combat to fight their way out of a bandit camp.  Others use many difficulty boosting mods that add new enemies to the level lists and enemies with high armor/health - they may need extremely powerful bound combat to even kill a few bandits before being overwhelmed.

Basically my concern is that without some form of user control behind the damage done, bound combat will still either be too weak or too strong for most users's gameplay preference.  For me personally my bandit camps are full of level 80 bandit duellist and deadly wenches - I don't think I'd be able to win a fight with any of them one-on-one without at least a daedric weapon level kick (since there is no blocking or magic use while bound).

33 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Only issue I see is that the question of what is "too powerful" or "too weak" is completely dependent on the user's mods and difficulty settings.  Some people basically run vanilla games, where wolves are a low-level pest and bandits stop levelling at 30 and probably don't need very strong bound combat to fight their way out of a bandit camp.  Others use many difficulty boosting mods that add new enemies to the level lists and enemies with high armor/health - they may need extremely powerful bound combat to even kill a few bandits before being overwhelmed.

Basically my concern is that without some form of user control behind the damage done, bound combat will still either be too weak or too strong for most users's gameplay preference.  For me personally my bandit camps are full of level 80 bandit duellist and deadly wenches - I don't think I'd be able to win a fight with any of them one-on-one without at least a daedric weapon level kick (since there is no blocking or magic use while bound).

True, customisation is key here.

People have very different games.

On 28.3.2018 at 4:43 PM, Hanshurtig11 said:

I am still have problems with some of the devices. For me, the chains and bells/signs from both vaginal and anal pears dont show. The pears themself DO show.

And i can hear the rattle from the chain and the jingle of the bell. Other chains work well, and when using signs and bells from original Heretical they show up as well.

I dont have the "pears of anguish sign/bell" in Bodyslide, thou i dont think they are needed there ?  Its since i first used any DDdev/DD4. Any help would be appreciated.

regards

No one any idea? It continues with the new develpment versions. sighs..

Some other thing, not sure if said before, so i guess its just a lack of ready animations. The breastbound yoke uses the normal yoke animation during most not running /idle animations.

Thx for all your work, hope you keep it up :smile: .. regards

15 hours ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

No one any idea? It continues with the new develpment versions. sighs..

Some other thing, not sure if said before, so i guess its just a lack of ready animations. The breastbound yoke uses the normal yoke animation during most not running /idle animations.

Thx for all your work, hope you keep it up :smile: .. regards

Mine show up normally and I didn't have to build them in Bodyslide.

Not sure how to solve it though.

Have you tried downloading the latest meshes and textures for it and overwriting it, just to be sure?

I found something small.

My character had a leather straitjacket+legbinder combo.

I tried to make her mastrubate using SexLab Aroused (Redux I think).

The animation for when she is belted played, meaning she separated her legs.

The arms were still in the correct position for the straitjacket. But I think that that is because the arms are invisible while wearing the straitjacket.

By the way, the arms can clip through an armbinder when we're not using CBBE Curvy.

Is it possible to make the arms invisible to prevent the clipping?

5 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

By the way, the arms can clip through an armbinder when we're not using CBBE Curvy.

Is it possible to make the arms invisible to prevent the clipping?

The most an armbinder can make invisible is the hands - this is because armbinders are not body-slot items that replace your body mesh.  Straitjackets replace the body slot which is how they can pull off the "invisible" arms effect.

Just now, Reesewow said:

The most an armbinder can make invisible is the hands - this is because armbinders are not body-slot items that replace your body mesh.  Straitjackets replace the body slot which is how they can pull of the "invisible" arms effect.

Ok, that makes sense.

But could they make the armbinders scale in Bodyslide?

You can build them, but I don't think it makes a difference what body you use.

You always seem to get the CBBE Curvy one.

11 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Ok, that makes sense.

But could they make the armbinders scale in Bodyslide?

You can build them, but I don't think it makes a difference what body you use.

You always seem to get the CBBE Curvy one.

Yea, I'd assume that's something to address with adding proper CBBE bodyslide support for that particular item - I personally use UUNP so I don't have that issue.

On 10/17/2017 at 6:54 PM, Kimy said:

I don't actively follow SKSE64 development. If it ever reaches a state that allows SexLab to run, there is a certain chance that DD will run as well, with no/minimal changes.

In the unlikely event nobody‘s told you yet: skse64 is out of beta (and apparently there’s a sksevr in the works too). 

8 hours ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Mine show up normally and I didn't have to build them in Bodyslide.

Not sure how to solve it though.

Have you tried downloading the latest meshes and textures for it and overwriting it, just to be sure?

Thx for the answer. Yes, anything is there in Skyrim\data\meshes\devious\heretic\plugs. 15 Files from latest devbuild. They show up in Nifscope fine.

Same for the textures. I am quite desperate ^^..... Silly question.. the HDT invisibility fix isnt needed for this, isnt it ? As far as i can remember it was for NPCs becoming invisible.

1 hour ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

Silly question.. the HDT invisibility fix isnt needed for this, isnt it ? As far as i can remember it was for NPCs becoming invisible.

The original HDT invisibility fix is outdated (AFAIK), the current best practice solution for invisible NPCs with HDT items seems to be in this post (the very first post when you follow this link):

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/34345-breasts-stretch-really-far-then-said-npc-sometimes-goes-invisible/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-1621615

That requires a bit more work by the user but the results are well worth the effort in my experience.

However, that said, I really don't think this would explain the issue you're experiencing with your player character and the plugs. What I find most puzzling is that the same items work for you in the HR mod but not in DD. Also, I take it other HDT enabled items show up and work fine (like the ankle cuffs with chains)?

1 hour ago, El_Duderino said:

The original HDT invisibility fix is outdated (AFAIK), the current best practice solution for invisible NPCs with HDT items seems to be in this post (the very first post when you follow this link):

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/34345-breasts-stretch-really-far-then-said-npc-sometimes-goes-invisible/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-1621615

That requires a bit more work by the user but the results are well worth the effort in my experience.

However, that said, I really don't think this would explain the issue you're experiencing with your player character and the plugs. What I find most puzzling is that the same items work for you in the HR mod but not in DD. Also, I take it other HDT enabled items show up and work fine (like the ankle cuffs with chains)?

Hm, just testet more and its getting even more complicatet ^^ First, yes, Ball&chain, Prisonercuffs, Anklechain, anything works fine. Pear anal shows only pear in any versions (with or without chain/sign/bell). Pear vaginal shows only in "pear only" version, as soon as any version with chain/signBell is used, nothing shows up at all, not even the pear this time.

In old heretic Mod signs/bells are seperated from the pears, not sure if that count in somehow. Unfortunatly there is no locked version in that. regards

Have you perhaps got some loose meshes with the same name as ones packaged in DDx?  I've seen some truly weird interactions when loose files override the ones in a BSA.

I mean, they're supposed to override, that's normal.  But if they're from a different mod or even an old version of the same mod, it can make weird and hard to reproduce problems.

7 minutes ago, stobor said:

Have you perhaps got some loose meshes with the same name as ones packaged in DDx?  I've seen some truly weird interactions when loose files override the ones in a BSA.

I mean, they're supposed to override, that's normal.  But if they're from a different mod or even an old version of the same mod, it can make weird and hard to reproduce problems.

DDx isn't packaged as a bsa though, so that shouldn't be an issue.

9 hours ago, Mexicola88 said:

I get problems if my game runs with more than 60 or less then 25 fps with all the hdt mods maybe sometimes ppl just get a very hard fps drop that kills the animation, and aren`t even aware of the fps problematic.

im not exactly sure how to interpret the last part,

anyway,

the game is soft caped at 60fps due to technical limitations. if you decide to play uncapped you will run in to issues.

for the massive fps drops you could try to find the fps offender (if existing), optimize the game with enboost etc, and if nothing is helping perhaps you should consider upgrading your system.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:57 PM, chaimhewast said:

You can use xEdit to tag an armor with a keyword that includes "NoHide" in its name to disable the device hider for it. You can either create your own keyword or use the one from DDi ("zad_NoHide").

I've tried adding the zad_NoHide keyword to a chastity bra I'm working on to no effect, the bra is still hidden when a piece of equipment that is set to hide chastity bras is equipped.

I've tried adding the keyword to only the rendered item, only the inventory item, and both at the same time. I even tried adding my own 'NoHide' keyword.

What gives?

4 hours ago, hylysi said:

I've tried adding the zad_NoHide keyword to a chastity bra I'm working on to no effect, the bra is still hidden when a piece of equipment that is set to hide chastity bras is equipped.

I've tried adding the keyword to only the rendered item, only the inventory item, and both at the same time. I even tried adding my own 'NoHide' keyword.

What gives?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression was that the NoHide keyword is for an item you don't want to hide things, not for one you don't want to be hidden. So adding it to a bra means the bra won't hide anything else (if you have bras set to hide other slots, which they don't by default.) If you want a bra to show up when something else is worn, that other item will need the keyword, not the bra.

16 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression was that the NoHide keyword is for an item you don't want to hide things, not for one you don't want to be hidden. So adding it to a bra means the bra won't hide anything else (if you have bras set to hide other slots, which they don't by default.) If you want a bra to show up when something else is worn, that other item will need the keyword, not the bra.

This is correct.

Minor bug report:  With the prisoner chains, once they're removed, the toon retains the 'hands-bound-in-front' sprint animation permanently (the running/walking animations revert to normal, as they should). 

Workaround: Equipping some other item that overrides the same animation (e.g. shackles) and removing those, the animation reverts to normal.

4 hours ago, stobor said:

Minor bug report:  With the prisoner chains, once they're removed, the toon retains the 'hands-bound-in-front' sprint animation permanently (the running/walking animations revert to normal, as they should). 

Workaround: Equipping some other item that overrides the same animation (e.g. shackles) and removing those, the animation reverts to normal.

Open console and type "reset3d" followed by pc id