Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Found something small.

She was wearing ballet boots from DCL and a normal ebonite armbinder.

I had the event where she fell to the ground and it looked great.

But there doesn't seem to be an animation for getting up.

She fell down and got up after within a second.

20 minutes ago, gf64 said:

hi,

i have problem with some missing texture only for rope device in BodySlide and game,

Hide contents

missing.jpg.25bd11ddaadf940459ac0527dba5098e.jpg

how solve it?
thx

I had it as well.
I fixed it when I noticed the textures are from ZaZ animation pack, so you should get that if you haven't already.

2 hours ago, JuliusXX said:

I'm making some changes to my armor/clothing mods and I need the keywords for the hobble dress and straight jacket. Can I have them please?

zad_DeviousHobbleSkirt -- zad_DeviousHobbleSkirtRelaxed (for the hobble dress that doesn't apply the hobbled walk animation) -- zad_DeviousStraitJacket

BTW, you can look up almost anything like that, keywords, properties, etc., in zadLibs.psc and zadEquipScript.psc in the scripts\source folder. They can be read with a common text editor and are full of information and annotations useful not only for coders.

Suggestion for DDI:

Failure chance for Manipulating the locks.

Add a variable that can be configured from 0 (manipulation is always sucessfull) to 100 (0% chance of sucessfully manipulating the locks).  It's similar to the disable locks boolean, but with some granularity and a failure state message.

Where the Idea came from:

I was playing with Aradia Devious Devices (updated for DDI4) and thought of tempting the player to equip the devices because of the nice bonuses. And due to the magic nature the lock manipulation could fail.

Possible uses of the idea:

Magical Devices with some bonuses/enchantments to tempt the player to try to equip and end up with some nice restraints sets for a longer time.

Seemingly "safe" devices that end up being "trapped". (Player metagame information unavailable)

Simulate the complexity of manipulating some extreme well crafted devices.

Thanks for your time.

20 hours ago, t3h0th3r said:

@Kimy

Are there any plans to convert the DD stuff to SSE and VR, now that both have their SKSEs?

SSE - yes! As soon as all of DD's requirements are running in SE, which AFAIK isn't the case yet. SKSE64 is -one- building block of the DD stack, but we need SexLab and NiOverride on SE, too. As soon as all of that is available, I'll look into it!

VR - dunno. I have never checked which steps would be required to get mods to run on it. I also don't have a VR system and do not plan to get one, so I would be completely unable to test and support the VR version.

VR is possible since long time (vorpX) but I stopped any work in that direction - the screen resolution is quite poor and the 1st person view mods for Sexlab are looking very very bad.

I am sure that the official VR version has the same problems...

If there’s an official SSE version i’m pretty confident over 90% of the work is already done and i’m more than willing to work out the remaining kinks (pun?!) that might prevent it from working in VR right off the bat, with your permission ofc. (hint: version checks shouldn’t only allow current SSE versions bit also VR ones, thats what’s preventing SL to work in VR atm)

that being said, even total vanilla “encounters” are a whole other experience in VR, if you ever get the cance to try a modded SkyrimVR, do so, you’re in for a treat :smile:

18 minutes ago, zaira said:

VR is possible since long time (vorpX) but I stopped any work in that direction - the screen resolution is quite poor and the 1st person view mods for Sexlab are looking very very bad.

I am sure that the official VR version has the same problems...

The vorpx experience doesn’t really do it justice. Also the FG approach (clone the PC and allow 3rd person spectator mode for the player) to Scenes is quite enjoyable. 

Also: Roomscale, that’s something that vorpx can’t do and it adds to the immersion immensely!

edit: stupid mobile client won’t let me combine posts :frown:

17 minutes ago, Kimy said:

SSE - yes! As soon as all of DD's requirements are running in SE, which AFAIK isn't the case yet. SKSE64 is -one- building block of the DD stack, but we need SexLab and NiOverride on SE, too. As soon as all of that is available, I'll look into it!

VR - dunno. I have never checked which steps would be required to get mods to run on it. I also don't have a VR system and do not plan to get one, so I would be completely unable to test and support the VR version.

SexLab is available as a beta version for SSE (the full version, not SexLab lite) and I think NIOverride is working with the SSE alpha version of RaceMenu

Mod Organizer 2 has been working on adding support for SkyrimVR, it might even be working already, but I don't have VR so I can't say for sure (there's been test builds for it in their Discord.)

New commit:

- Fixed several issues with the transparent devices.

- Added: Several more transparent devices (hoods, transparent hobble skirt, transparent long gloves)

- Added: Two facemasks

- Added: Set of pony play boots that use the pony animations. Mind you that the old/existing pony items will NOT trigger the new animations, to avoid backwards compatibility problems with mods already making use of these devices.

- Added: Exposed several dozen items to the API we forgot to expose in 4.0. \o/

- Tweaked pony animations

Bug report: The transparent mask with just the eyes showing has the head entirely hidden and has the blindfold effect active while worn.

Bug report: The face mask (inc. transparent face mask) has the gag message pop up, but doesn't allow you to try to call for help. This just leads to no dialogue as if you never did tried.

Report a la bug (That's French for Bug Report): The transparent items don't build with bodyslide properly.

5 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

The transparent items don't build with bodyslide properly.

Thanks for the heads-up. Could you elaborate on that one? What does "not properly" mean, do they look bad/broken when created (so an error in the slider files or nif) or don't they get created at all (an error in the xml files)? Also, which of the transparent items are affected (or all of them?) and for which body type (UUNP/CBBE)?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, El_Duderino said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Could you elaborate on that one? What does "not properly" mean, do they look bad/broken when created (so an error in the slider files or nif) or don't they get created at all (an error in the xml files)? Also, which of the transparent items are affected (or all of them?) and for which body type (UUNP/CBBE)?

Thank you!

Body presets are missing on the objects to be built. I've attached a screenshot showing what I mean.

bodyslide problem.png

16 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:
    1 hour ago, El_Duderino said:

Thank you!

Body presets are missing on the objects to be built. I've attached a screenshot showing what I mean.

bodyslide problem.png

Same issue with the CBBE version.

5 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

Thanks! I always use the "batch build" function to generate the models so it never occured to me to check that.

And I must admit that I don't know how to fix this. Can anybody help me, please?

EDIT: Could the reason be that the entries for <Group name="Unified UNP"> and <Group name="Unified UNP HDT"> are missing from the slider groups xml file for the transparent stuff?

EDIT 2: Yes, those missing group entries seem to be the culprit. A fix should be included in the next beta.

13 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Thanks! I always use the "batch build" function to generate the models so it never occured to me to check that.

And I must admit that I don't know how to fix this. Can anybody help me, please?

EDIT: Could the reason be that the entries for <Group name="Unified UNP"> and <Group name="Unified UNP HDT"> are missing from the slider groups xml file for the transparent stuff?

Looks like it, since adding <Group name="CBAdvanced"> fixes the issue for CBBE.

This looks like a bug.

When you define a device key as NONE and you have Lock access at zero you can always remove the equipped device.

(I was trying to create a unremovable device for use in my game)

I guess the ' If DeviceKey ' from zadEquipScript on RemoveDeviceWithKey  is skipping the if for some reason.

Maybe NONE always evaluates as false?

Maybe it's possible to check for NONE just before triggering the removal?

For now I can change the lock access to avoid the unlock.

4 minutes ago, Loki15kun said:

This looks like a bug.

When you define a device key as NONE and you have Lock access at zero you can always remove the equipped device.

I guess the ' If DeviceKey ' from zadEquipScript on RemoveDeviceWithKey  is skipping the if for some reason.

Could you clarify something, have you set "LockAccessDifficulty" to 0 or 100?

18 minutes ago, Loki15kun said:

This looks like a bug.

Works as intended! If you have a device using no key that has zero difficulty to reach whatever keeps it on you, it can removed at any time. To simulate e.g. a rope device (which has no key), set the Lock Access property to whatever value you deem fitting for the difficulty of the device.