Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

4 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

If you're having HDT-related stretching (or disappearing) problems, you might want to give the method in this post a try if you haven't already. It's not guaranteed, but it fixed all such problems for me completely. (I still get the disappearing rear end with the pet suits as has been discussed in the last page or so here, but that's something different.)

I'll try that, thanks.

I always used HDT enabled stuff. Interesting that it only just occurred with the petsuit.

Whoa. Petsuits are one of my favorite underrated restraints. DD continues to get better and better!

While you’re adding petplay gear - the beast race muzzles from this old mod could make a great addition. Would be very themely for argonians or khajiit to be put in petsuit and muzzle for humiliation purposes by those racist Stormcloak jerks ;)  And who knows, maybe they could be put on humans too with a few tweaks (ballgag underneath or something like that).

It also has that leather spanking dress that might fit in line with the other bondage dresses added in 4.0. And perhaps the chastity piercings could finally be made to work reliably, too. The bell version especially makes another good petplay addition to go with the new petsuits. Veladarius tried adding them to Captured Dreams at some point but they never worked properly in the DD 3.x implementation - so I’m sure he too would appreciate if they came standard with DD.

(That could also open up a discussion on how piercings can be made more distinct and interesting as devices in general, if you’re up for that sort of thing. I seem to recall reading somewhere that you’re dissatisfied with the way they currently work.)

Hey there!

First off, amazing work on the updates. These transparent items are just... BOI!

Now let's get to the nitty-gritty! I am still experiencing a few issues with certain items, most of those I couldn't find a reply/workaround to make it work:

1. The Ebonite Transparent Hood (Open Eyes) still hides my character's head completely (see screenshot 1). I have no problem running BodySlide, I started a new game, and I even tried changing the Devious Devices MCM Item Hider Slot...
  2. A follower wearing Transparent Ebonite Hoods still displays her hair (see screenshot 2).
  3. Any Straitjacket used by any of my followers will still show floating bound hands at their back, like they were wearing regular armbinders (see screenshot 3). Moreover, the bunnyhopping animation isn't playing for the followers.
  4. I tried many Pony Boots, and the new pony animations seem to run a bit randomly. I'm not sure what really triggers them, apart from the new ones added to the mod. As a side note, I am running Sexy Idle Moves but it didn't impact the pony animations so far.

I know I'm one of the many killjoys here :cry:. But hey, this mod has evolved so much since last year, I also wanted to congratulate the whole team for this tremendous work!

Spoiler

trhoodopeneyes-screenshot.png

followerhood-screenshot.png

followersj-screenshot.png

Poor Aren...

1 minute ago, Geldoblame said:

Hey there!

First off, amazing work with the updates. These transparent items are just... BOI!

Now let's get to the nitty-gritty! I am still experiencing a few issues with certain items, most of those I couldn't find a reply/workaround to make it work:

1. The Ebonite Transparent Hood (Open Eyes) still hides my character's head completely (see screenshot 1). I have no problem running BodySlide, I started a new game, and I even tried changing the Devious Devices MCM Item Hider Slot...
  2. A follower wearing Transparent Ebonite Hoods still displays her hair (see screenshot 2).
  3. Any Straitjacket used by any of my followers will still show floating bound hands at their back, like they were wearing regular armbinders (see screenshot 3). Moreover, the bunnyhopping animation isn't playing for the followers.
  4. I tried many Pony Boots, and the new pony animations seem to run a bit randomly. I'm not sure what really triggers them, apart from the new ones added to the mod. As a side note, I am running Sexy Idle Moves but it didn't impact the pony animations so far.

I know I'm one of the many killjoys here :cry:. But hey, this mod has evolved so much since last year, I also wanted to congratulate the whole team for this tremendous work!

Poor Aren...

For #3 (and possibly #2 as well): going though a loading usually fixes the floating hands.

For #4: Only the new boots called "pony play" will trigger the animations, none of the old ones.

Looking at the Armor Addon and Armor items for the Transparent Ebonite Hood (Open Eyes) in TES5Edit, the Biped Body Template properties for both the Armor Addon and the Rendered Armor Item are set to include slots 30,31, and 42, which is why the character's head disappears when it is worn. 

I did a quick test on the current dev build by removing slot 30 from both the Armor Addon and the Rendered Armor Item for the Transparent Ebonite Hood (Open Eyes) in the CK and then loading up the changes in game, and the head showed up (whereas before I made those edits the head was not showing up for me either).  I hope this helps.

DDx_TransHood_MissingHead_Fixed_Screenshot.JPG

19 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

For #3 (and possibly #2 as well): going though a loading usually fixes the floating hands.

For #4: Only the new boots called "pony play" will trigger the animations, none of the old ones.

Thanks for your reply!

I don't quite understand the 'loading' thing though... Do you mean going through a mod loading order?

(Using the latest build)

DLC 6.3 put some red bondage mittens on my character.  When I tried to unlock them - even though I have no keys - I got a message saying that the keys slipped to the ground, shouldn't it say something like "You don't have any keys" ?

14 minutes ago, mangalo said:

(Using the latest build)

DLC 6.3 put some red bondage mittens on my character.  When I tried to unlock them - even though I have no keys - I got a message saying that the keys slipped to the ground, shouldn't it say something like "You don't have any keys" ?

The bondage mittens can make you fumble the keys (read: you will lose them). Only when you actually pass the RNG check not to drop the keys you will make an actual unlock attempt.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

The bondage mittens can make you fumble the keys (read: you will lose them). Only when you actually pass the RNG check not to drop the keys you will make an actual unlock attempt.

But I didn't have ANY key in my inventory, how could I drop a key that I don't have :blush: ?

Still hoping for an Inflatable Gag to be implemented at some point. Now that you have larger ball gags forcing the mouth open further that same ability could be used for an Inflatable Gag that is, well, inflated. If possible gag-talk should either be impossible or very difficult to succeed at when the gag is inflated.

That example I showed in the link isn't perfect and very simple but it does work in-game, at least it appears on the character. I have regular and Ebonite versions for the harness and simple(strap) versions of the Inflatable Gag. I'd be happy to send them along if you need them even if they're only used until better meshes come along.

5 hours ago, RegisteredUser said:
5 hours ago, Geldoblame said:

I don't quite understand the 'loading' thing though... Do you mean going through a mod loading order?

It means save and reload.

While save/reload works, it's normally enough to go through a loading-screen.

27 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Sure, send me the assets and we'll have a look at it!

It won't happen in 4.1, though. We're about to wrap up this release.

I'm sorry not been back on re-testing the followers DD/combat etc behavior updates. 

Had a HD meltdown and that's held things up

Hope to check tomorrow

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Sure, send me the assets and we'll have a look at it!

It won't happen in 4.1, though. We're about to wrap up this release.

Cool, I'll PM you a link!

I did make a quick change however...

NewInfGag.png

Might be hard to tell because I take crappy screenshots but I managed to change the bulb so it sags/bends down now instead of sticking out and looking stupid like before. Also had to make sure the gags still worked in-game, seemed fine.

8 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Cool, I'll PM you a link!

I did make a quick change however...

NewInfGag.png

Might be hard to tell because I take crappy screenshots but I managed to change the bulb so it sags/bends down now instead of sticking out and looking stupid like before. Also had to make sure the gags still worked in-game, seemed fine.

Looks good. It'd also be cool if you could use the pumps (for this or the other plugs), either for yourself or NPCs wearing them.

Suggestion: (I do know this is probably something really complex for little benefit)

A way to change the message that appears when a periodic event is triggered.

Something like the message is added with the device. Configured as a property of the device.

So when you equip and add send the text message event to the queue, it adds the configured message if it exists otherwise it uses the default.

I see use mostly when using mods that adds 'objects' that behaves as devices (using DDi mechanics), but aren't devices.

Like the one's from the parasite mod for example. And perhaps by adding different messages for quest items.

New commit:

- Improved pet suit animations

- Pet suits no longer float when boots are worn

- Added ground models for pet suits and rope binders

- Added ebonite versions of pet suits.

Note: We officially broke through the maximum limit of properties allowed in any one script, so there are now TWO library objects in DDX: zadxlibs and zadxlibs2. New items will be added to the latter, so you need to add a property to your script if you want to make use of the new items.

Also:

DD 4.1 is now feature frozen. No new features will be added to it. We're going to work on what's already in and fix bugs, but as far as new things go - that's it! So starting testing it! Hard! :smiley:

Known issues:

- rope binders need their texture path updated

- pet suits do not prevent characters from jumping

- new struggle animations need to be added to their respective device properties

22 minutes ago, Loki15kun said:

Suggestion: (I do know this is probably something really complex for little benefit)

A way to change the message that appears when a periodic event is triggered.

That's not how the periodic events work. They don't use properties. Their messages are all hardcoded in their respective scripts.