Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

I probably have forgotten to set some properties. Will check it out! :smile:

Found it.

In the zad_DeviceSuitMSG the option to show unlock/escape checks for the keyword zad_DeviousSuit.

The petsuits used keyword is zad_DeviousPetSuit

Edit: @LazyBoot Funny thing, by looking at the picture I decided to check the message for the device. :smile:

9 hours ago, Loki15kun said:

Found it.

In the zad_DeviceSuitMSG the option to show unlock/escape checks for the keyword zad_DeviousSuit.

The petsuits used keyword is zad_DeviousPetSuit

Edit: @LazyBoot Funny thing, by looking at the picture I decided to check the message for the device. :smile:

I'm gonna add that in the scripts there is no key that is used to unlock the pet suits.

2 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

I'm gonna add that in the scripts there is no key that is used to unlock the pet suits.

That's normal, the armbinders are the same. It just means that it can be removed without a key, but it still respects the difficulty.

24 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

That's normal, the armbinders are the same. It just means that it can be removed without a key, but it still respects the difficulty.

Ah. That makes sense.

Another thing (bug?) is that when equipped, you have -700 weight making it nigh-impossible to move without switching to first person.

Obviously, I can expect some slowdown when equipping it, but it just needs a player movement speed modification without having a -700 weight inventory.

Even using the console to add, say 1000, extra carry weight only makes it 0 while you still have some weighted items equipped (like a belt/harness,etc.), thus still preventing movement.

But even with the bugs found so far, I'm loving the pet suits! They're giving me plenty of ideas for use within the game, when the bugs have been fully worked out.

On 10/20/2017 at 10:45 AM, Princessity said:

DD simplky cannot function without the complete infrastructure of SKSE, PapyrusUtils, Sexlab, FNIS and SkyUI MCM.

Until and unless all of those components are present and fully functional in SE, porting DD would require a complete rework of several major systems. Which is something we are simply not willing to do. It would involve a lot of work and ultimately result in an inferior version. On top of it all, updating it would have to be done manually due to build divergence and mutually incompatible coding.

In short, nope. The only way DD is ever getting ported to SSE is if it's possible to do so under 10 minutes and it doesn't involve basically doubling our workload. To that end, the environment in which DD and SEDD operate must be identical.

If this has been answered, Just say in work.  

Now that SKSE64, PapyrusUtils, Sexlab, FNIS and SkyUI MCM is all available, is there any work being done on SE conversion?  I miss my DD.... :smile:

Check on DDi4.1 Follower Behavior, in particular bound combat

Aim was to check if DDi4.1 devices worn by followers properly restricted them to 'unarmed combat' techniques, as opposed to their still being able to annihilate every bad person in sight, as is the case using DDi4.0, despite their being trussed up like turkeys

Tested using

New Game

180504 DEVT FILE; DDa, DDi, DDx
DCUR 6.3

2 Followers.  

Managed by AFT, 1 x Ranger, 1 x Bow and Arrow. Neither had magic  

(Obviously, I can't guarantee that what I have seen here isn't some quirk of my game set up/load order etc.  MO shows nothing overwriting any files from the DD Devt mods other than 9 .dds files from DCUR, so that's 9/10ths of nothing, really.  If others are seeing radically different things, well, it's Skyrim, isn't it :tongue:)

---------------------------

Gameplay: Riverwood Path towards Embershard Mine + elsewhere, as ported by DCUR.  Fights with bandits, mages, spiders etc

++++++++++++++

Findings

Leaving Riverwood, tHe Followers initially adopted normal follower behaviour, moving along behind the player, in the usual 'in train' manner, just as they would in previous gameplay

After 'losing' to the baddies, and DCUR doing 'it's thing' to player and followers alike, both player and followers had devices added

However, things went a bit squiff at this point

------------

Basic Follower Bahavior

When wearing these devices (1 x Armbinder, 1 x steel shackles with leather paw mittens), followers seemed to develop minds of their own, with normal Following behaviour being 'broken'. Broken' in this context means

they no longer move along, in train, behind the follower, in that normal manner, after DD4.1 Devices are worn - this is significantly changed from behaviour when wearing DDi4.0 devices, which maintains standard follower behaviour

they wander off in the direction of the place where the devices were applied, or the last point into which they were ported. For instance, the player can be going in one direction and the follower in the exact opposite

they do not adopt a 'sneak' pose when the player 'sneaks'   

-----------

'Combat related' behaviour

they seem to have inconsistent behaviour when changing from normal motion, on pressing 'R' or Left Mouse, to combat walk anims, and from combat walk anims to combat sneak anims

they will 'catch  up' on the player when the 'R' key is pressed, but as stated above will then turn about and walk away again back to wherever it was they were

they will engage in unarmed combat, if no weapons in inventory.

BUT

they will draw weapons, and even fight with them, if they possess them.

(I'm pretty sure that's not what's supposed to happen :frown:)

++++++++++

Other weird Follower stuff

when the armbinder was removed from the follower wearing it, follower behaviour returned to 'normal', ie that follower played 'nicely', even while the other follower still wasn't,

BUT

when the player initiated combat stance with 'R' key, the follower adopted the armbinder animation as if still wearing one! :confounded:

+++++++++++

Weird Player stuff

DCUR will boot the player back to the start of a location after the combat rape scene, or even - regardless of what post event MCM options you set - halfway to the rest of Tamriel if it's having a really hissy fit  

Anyway, when the PLAYER does get wherever, if wearing a device from DDi4, eg armbinder, something seems to get 'stuck', and the 'R' key/Lft Mse cannot be activated, so the followers get left where they were, and cannot be forced to do the 'catch-up to player' thing. (Using a mod that sets NPC markers, you can see that they are still where you were bounced from, but you can't get them to come to you)  

That's different from DD1 4.0, which didn't seem to stop you doing any of that

In fact, though I couldn't be absolutely certain, the player's return to 'combat' seems to need the player to take a 'hit' before being able to activate 'R', after which unarmed combat seemed to work OK, which it did in two situations, one with an armbinder and one with handcuffs - the anims for the latter look really good! :smile:

=====================

Conclusion

So it's like The Curate's Egg.  Lots of good stuff, but there are still some bits that seem to be a 'wee bit off'

Apologies for length.  However, I really hope that this is helpful to those working this

It's certainly not meant to be critical in any way as, like almost everyone else, most of us are just looking on in awe at what's being done, and appreciating the effort that the whole team is putting into this

So, thanks again for that

EDIT:  Forgot to add last log - series of DCUR encounters and wanderings between - in case it's any help

Mod Refs most recurrent are - hxaaaaaa

18aaaaaa  DDe esm

9Caaaaaa  Ytellla Follower

9Daaaaaa  C-Followers

9Eaaaaaa  DCUR

Papyrus.0.log

Thanks for the detailed report! Looks like that's a side effect from the steps I took to keep bound NPCs in bondage upon cell changes. I guess my solution needs some tweaking...

On FT's Workshop thread, he shared the WIP pics of the pet suit, including several where both the pet suit and a cat suit are worn.
I can't however wear both of them at the same time, unless I put on the pet suit first.
The moment I equip the catsuit, the pet suit gives me the message box as if I was wearing the pet suit, unlock options and such.

But when I equip the pet suit first, then I can put on the catsuit as normal.

After I did this, the pet suit message boxes work perfectly fine. I can just unlock the pet suit.

I also get clipping on the Pet suit knees. I assumed a bodyslide version would be available. Any plans for this?

Unless I'm missing some files, I just downloaded the DDX and DDI dev from Github.

I equipped the full slave rubber set with the pet suit, and since the slave rubber boots uses hdt highheels or NIOveride, my player floats in the air.
Let's just say this is a magical effect of the pet suit. It's Skyrim after all :tongue:

Spoiler

5af1afe74d987_Skyrim2018050816_10_26.thumb.jpg.2751b6b7900e484f30f57741dd9106e1.jpg

Anyhow, Pet suit is a great addition to DD. Would love modders to put this to good use!

6 hours ago, myhouseatl said:

If this has been answered, Just say in work.  

Now that SKSE64, PapyrusUtils, Sexlab, FNIS and SkyUI MCM is all available, is there any work being done on SE conversion?  I miss my DD.... :smile:

NiOverride is still missing. DD needs it. When that's out, I am going to look into it!

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

Thanks for the detailed report! Looks like that's a side effect from the steps I took to keep bound NPCs in bondage upon cell changes. I guess my solution needs some tweaking...

I had messed about with a few scenarios before trying to distill it all into just one set of notes and file

In another, I went into Embershard and, if my memory serves me right, on just walking out of the mine, the followers wouldn't come too, but as the player still had control over the 'R' key, I think they ported out with that, so I think I put that down to just a bit of lag.  But that might well also point in the direction you're thinking.... :smile:

New commit:

- Fixes for elbowbinders

- Fixes for pet suits (they should be able to be unquipped now, and also work with catsuits)

- Fixes for follower problems as reported by donkeywho. Please these those, and report any remaining issues! :smile:

- Added missing source files

Known issues:

- same as above, plus the pet suit will make the character float when heels are worn.

This might be anedoctal evidence. So consider it with care.

But sometimes the when wearing the pet suit, the character bottom half disapears.

I noticed that when crossing bumps in Breezehome (firepit/carpet), the foot part flickers around as if trying to adjust itself.

Intrigued by it I decided to use that mod "FootIK OFF" to disable the foot adjusting, before equiping the pet suit.

Strangely the bottom half missing problem dissapears. As long as I don't jump (since jumping seems to cancel the power effect).

I don't know if this is useful, or just a fluke.

Edit: Confirmed that jumping does cancel the disable from "footik off" mod.

7 minutes ago, Loki15kun said:

But sometimes the when wearing the pet suit, the character bottom half disapears.

I noticed that when crossing bumps in Breezehome (firepit/carpet), the foot part flickers around as if trying to adjust itself.

Intrigued by it I decided to use that mod "FootIK OFF" to disable the foot adjusting, before equiping the pet suit.

Strangely the bottom half missing problem dissapears. As long as I don't jump (since jumping seems to cancel the power effect).

I've had this happen too. And yes it's caused by the game's FootIK. Same with the rotation of the feet not being exactly as it is supposed to (as it is in the actual animation).

Thanks for bringing this up, almost forgot about this. We need to implement something to disable FootIK while in the Petsuit.

1 hour ago, Loki15kun said:

Edit: Confirmed that jumping does cancel the disable from "footik off" mod.

-

-

-

Can you do me a favor and  test something for me with that "FootIK OFF" mod enabled?

I need you to equip a petsuit, disable footIK. Like you did before, but then keep moving your mouse to the left (or right) and keep spam tapping W while moving the mouse.

Does your screen start flickering to black while doing so?

I'm using the newest version as of this post.

Whenever I tried to unequip petsuits they seem to unequip in the inventory screen without showing a pop-up box first. But it is still on my character in-game and reappears when I open the inventory again. This happens to all 3 petsuits.

Also, the bottom of the petsuit doesn't actually touch the ground. She wasn't wearing heels.

5af21f2baf1d0_enb2018_05_0900_00_54_90DD2.thumb.jpg.ec4f6d67bae3c75c88d9e80e2afcd9c7.jpg

The tape gags have the mouth built in to them. But it seems to me that the mouth in the tape gag is too high up.

Here are comparison images:

5af2235d16ebe_enb2018_05_0900_21_32_27DDtape.thumb.jpg.5e426be4e2487e2a61f7445839f7b9ac.jpg5af2235e0c770_enb2018_05_0900_22_50_55DDtape.thumb.jpg.65cbf0e2e80cf4d26ae9952f1752c826.jpg

Now that I'm looking at my characters face for a long time. It's starting to feel like her mouth is a bit strange. I didn't go crazy with the sliders, so it can't be that bad.

Both of these are really nitpicky. But I hope that post is still helpful.

1 hour ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm using the newest version as of this post.

Whenever I tried to unequip petsuits they seem to unequip in the inventory screen without showing a pop-up box first. But it is still on my character in-game and reappears when I open the inventory again. This happens to all 3 petsuits.

Also, the bottom of the petsuit doesn't actually touch the ground. She wasn't wearing heels.

Reveal hidden contents

5af21f2baf1d0_enb2018_05_0900_00_54_90DD2.thumb.jpg.ec4f6d67bae3c75c88d9e80e2afcd9c7.jpg

The tape gags have the mouth built in to them. But it seems to me that the mouth in the tape gag is too high up.

Here are comparison images:

Reveal hidden contents

5af2235d16ebe_enb2018_05_0900_21_32_27DDtape.thumb.jpg.5e426be4e2487e2a61f7445839f7b9ac.jpg5af2235e0c770_enb2018_05_0900_22_50_55DDtape.thumb.jpg.65cbf0e2e80cf4d26ae9952f1752c826.jpg

Now that I'm looking at my characters face for a long time. It's starting to feel like her mouth is a bit strange. I didn't go crazy with the sliders, so it can't be that bad.

Both of these are really nitpicky. But I hope that post is still helpful.

Can't reproduce the first issue, they unequip just fine on my end.

The tape gags don't have the mouth built into them, they are just shaped to have it appear like the mouth is influencing the gags shape. This effect cannot conform to your characters exact lip shapes.

4 hours ago, Supertin said:

-

-

-

Can you do me a favor and  test something for me with that "FootIK OFF" mod enabled?

I need you to equip a petsuit, disable footIK. Like you did before, but then keep moving your mouse to the left (or right) and keep spam tapping W while moving the mouse.

Does your screen start flickering to black while doing so?

I tested it with and without the "FootIK OFF" spell. (both with the mod and without the mod)

My screen flashes in dark grey and the audio pops on/off. Sometimes the audio mutes for some seconds.

I think the camera is getting confused. Maybe it's sinking into ground or something. Triggers more frequently when there are objects behind you in third person.

Is there someway to offset the camera up to test it?

Breezehome does have the pot in the middle of the room, so it is easier to see it happen. Near the well in Whiterun happens too.

I know that the skyrim engine does not like the player character going under the ground (using negative NIoverride is !!fun!!). Could be something similar, since we're close to it?

Edit: Tested some more. It's seems not to be exactly the camera. (added +80 to Z position and was able to trigger the gray screen)

Going into the firepit inside breezehome and letting the character sink. Moving the camera and moving slowly forcing the character model head to colide/clip with the ground seems to trigger the screen bug reliably.

Edit2: The color I see when the 'camera' bug is the outside color defined in the cell as ground. In Breezeholme is dark gray. I checked it by using the free camera toggle added by sexlab. I just don't know if the camera is snapping back due to something or wtf this is.

1 hour ago, Loki15kun said:

I tested it with and without the "FootIK OFF" spell. (both with the mod and without the mod)

My screen flashes in dark grey and the audio pops on/off. Sometimes the audio mutes for some seconds.

I think the camera is getting confused. Maybe it's sinking into ground or something. Triggers more frequently when there are objects behind you in third person.

Is there someway to offset the camera up to test it?

Breezehome does have the pot in the middle of the room, so it is easier to see it happen. Near the well in Whiterun happens too.

I know that the skyrim engine does not like the player character going under the ground (using negative NIoverride is !!fun!!). Could be something similar, since we're close to it?

Edit: Tested some more. It's seems not to be exactly the camera. (added +80 to Z position and was able to trigger the gray screen)

Going into the firepit inside breezehome and letting the character sink. Moving the camera and moving slowly forcing the character model head to colide/clip with the ground seems to trigger the screen bug reliably.

Edit2: The color I see when the 'camera' bug is the outside color defined in the cell as ground. In Breezeholme is dark gray. I checked it by using the free camera toggle added by sexlab. I just don't know if the camera is snapping back due to something or wtf this is.

Alright I fixed it. Wasn't a camera issue. Technically the FootIK didn't cause any issues either (FootIK just exaggerated it).

It was an error in the turning animations that basically triggered footsteps on every frame of them. Thanks for the testing, the fact the screen flickering happened for others too helped finding the problem.

18 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

Found another weird bug.

Equipping the petsuit sometimes causes my characters legs to literally disappear, including the lower half of the petsuit.

I have a screenshot showing this.

That's what we were talking about in the above posts. Already fixed and getting it ready for the next commit.

7 hours ago, Supertin said:

Can't reproduce the first issue, they unequip just fine on my end.

The tape gags don't have the mouth built into them, they are just shaped to have it appear like the mouth is influencing the gags shape. This effect cannot conform to your characters exact lip shapes.

I wasn't clear enough, sorry. I was very tired and I can barely make sense of it looking back at it now.

I know that the lips you see through the tape gag aren't her actual lips. But the lip shapes in the tape gag itself seem to be too high up.

EDIT:

The unequipping the petsuit issue was something on my end. The quicksave was being weird. It works fine on the rest of the saves.

Something weird happened. While in a pet suit, my game froze for half a second and I then had a black screen for 1 sec. When it went back to normal my character started stretching. It probably has something to do with HDT since the parts with phsysics were the ones stretching. This is the first time that this happened. Seems to me that the petsuit caused the physics to break or something. The missing health is from before I equipped the petsuit by the way.

5af2a6c839437_enb2018_05_0909_38_14_75WHATISTHENAMEOFTALOSISTHIS.thumb.jpg.262a0344059c278fc4b7147f515422c3.jpg

I tried to replicate it a few times. I did not get the same thing to happen. But she did go invisible a few times.

The invisibilty didn't go away after unlocking and removing the petsuit. And I also noticed her ponytail floating in place.

It also seems like the saves where I have a pet suit in the inventory are the ones with the unequipping issues.

Loading a save without the pet suit in the inventory doesn't have the unequipping issue for me.

EDIT: The petsuit seems to sometimes break physics for me. I had to restart the game a few times to make it work again.

2 hours ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

my character started stretching. It probably has something to do with HDT since the parts with phsysics were the ones stretching.

If you're having HDT-related stretching (or disappearing) problems, you might want to give the method in this post a try if you haven't already. It's not guaranteed, but it fixed all such problems for me completely. (I still get the disappearing rear end with the pet suits as has been discussed in the last page or so here, but that's something different.)