24 minutes ago, Gromilla said:

Look at that wig BigPonyTailHair_SMP SE.7z

See how body and hair meshes are written in the xml file so that there are no intersections. In your case, you definitely need a mesh VirtualGround in base nif file so that objects do not fall through the floor.

This is what we already have. There are still some problems with the more complicated nifs, epecially if the bones are attached at more than one point to the skeleton.  

2 hours ago, Gromilla said:

You need to add a low-poly "invisible" body (or body parts) - so-called proxy meshes to determine collisions. You can register collisions with the main body, but this will lead to additional performance drops and is tied to a specific body (for each body you will have to write a new xml file). Look here: Wigbase.nif NPCroot.nif

I'm confused- a couple of weeks ago you said SMP collisions happened by default and there was no need to add proxy thighs/legs/arms/breasts/backs (etc.) to get hair collisions with body parts, but now you're saying yes we do? :classic_wacko:

54 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I'm confused- a couple of weeks ago you said SMP collisions happened by default and there was no need to add proxy thighs/legs/arms/breasts/backs (etc.) to get hair collisions with body parts, but now you're saying yes we do? :classic_wacko:

I think he means that as long as you instantiate a per-vertex/triangle-shape in the xml for the body part in the nif, collisions will happen. However, you will get severe performance drop (because that's something like 13,000 vertices/4000 triangles for the CBBE body) from all the collisions if you don't use proxy meshes. I assume the idea is you can get the same amount of interaction with much greater performance for a minuscule increase in the nif file size by adding a proxy mesh of something like ~50 triangles (for a boob, a thigh, a whatever).

3 hours ago, Gromilla said:

You need to add a low-poly "invisible" body (or body parts) - so-called proxy meshes to determine collisions. You can register collisions with the main body, but this will lead to additional performance drops and is tied to a specific body (for each body you will have to write a new xml file). Look here: Wigbase.nif NPCroot.nif

Have you or anyone added proxy meshes to the standard bodies like CBBE or do you only do it for hairs/clothes?

54 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Yes, I myself am somewhat confused ?. As for collisions between parts of the body, yes, collisions are present by default (a tag <no-collid-with-mesh> is needed if you do not need parts of the body to collide with each other) in the case of hair or clothing, it is preferable to use proxy meshes to reduce the impact on performance and precisely control which collisions will occur. Also, due to the fact that there are tons of different bodies used in clothes, then adequately prescribing the laws of collisions is a difficult task (if we talk about wigs, one wig and one hundred armor ?). These are just my observations and experiments, but for now it works like this I say :) Believe it or not, this is a personal matter. If someone knows more, I will bow to his feet for information :)

12 minutes ago, cminnow said:

I think he means that as long as you instantiate a per-vertex/triangle-shape in the xml for the body part in the nif, collisions will happen. However, you will get severe performance drop (because that's something like 13,000 vertices/4000 triangles for the CBBE body) from all the collisions if you don't use proxy meshes. I assume the idea is you can get the same amount of interaction with much greater performance for a minuscule increase in the nif file size by adding a proxy mesh of something like ~50 triangles (for a boob, a thigh, a whatever).

Have you or anyone added proxy meshes to the standard bodies like CBBE or do you only do it for hairs/clothes?

You accurately described what I wanted to say :)

Now I use proxy meshes only for wigs or clothes. I play with high poly COS body and it is demanding on resources when using physics. Probably I will add proxy meshes to him when I finish redoing him :)
If the performance loss is not great, then I think using the proxy meshes is not necessary. All my physics works on a “bare” body. The main thing to correctly register the collision. For example, my settings: hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs.7z

But I do not use any strapons and other horrors with creatures :) So maybe there will need additional "intervention"

I've been making a few smp cloth enabled outfits and noticed that using low poly proxy shapes helps a lot where collisions are concerned. If I just use the body for collision my outfits invariably ignore the bounds. My gfx card is in dire need of an upgrade though.

I suspect that like mosts things in gaming, if you have the latest hardware it will "work better"

6 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

definitely worth using the <shared>private</shared> tag in this case too as that will further decrease the overhead

Oh? What do the private and public tags do? I never saw any documentation on it.

Do you use vertex-vertex or vertex-triangle collisions? I always found that vertex collisions just seem to pass through each other often so I use triangle-triangle or none at all.

my understanding of it is that private means "per mesh" (or nif) and public means it will relate to any other shape that is loaded. Triangle - vertex collisions work best for me. If I use triangle - triangle it just causes huge fps drops and no benefits. Hope this helps! :)

NB This is like listening to a doctor with no degree so take it with a pinch of salt!

from Senpo tutorial: 

use triangles of a mesh as collision shape. The more triangles used the more calculation, and the more likely your CPU is to get overloaded. • {private, internal, public}, default value is public: Set the effect scope of a collision shape. "private" for only this XML (or nif), "internal" for this character, "public" for all characters. Default value is "public", should set to "internal" or "private" if you don't expect it to interact with other characters.

1 hour ago, Gromilla said:

from Senpo tutorial: 

use triangles of a mesh as collision shape. The more triangles used the more calculation, and the more likely your CPU is to get overloaded. • {private, internal, public}, default value is public: Set the effect scope of a collision shape. "private" for only this XML (or nif), "internal" for this character, "public" for all characters. Default value is "public", should set to "internal" or "private" if you don't expect it to interact with other characters.

Oh I see. So it might be best to set something like a wig or it's proxy meshes to private to ensure they don't mess with other objects. That explains why I had an HDT cape that was messing with my hair and CBBE body.... Better than using the no-collide tags even because there's no chance for "unintended" collisions when a new item is added.

2 hours ago, cminnow said:

Oh I see. So it might be best to set something like a wig or it's proxy meshes to private to ensure they don't mess with other objects. That explains why I had an HDT cape that was messing with my hair and CBBE body.... Better than using the no-collide tags even because there's no chance for "unintended" collisions when a new item is added.

yes, right. 

and tag <no-collide-.....> it means there are NO collisions between two meshes (what is supposed to mean their free intersection with each other, which always amazed me :) I thought my poor English was to blame). For specific meshes it is better to use the tag <can-collide-with-mesh> that directly indicates which meshes should collide (that is, NOT intersect) in any case. It also reduces the impact on performance and allows you to precisely control the behavior of the mesh on contact.

In the case of the body mesh (and it is big :) ), it is difficult to control how the belly behaves, for example, when it comes into contact with an elbow or a finger or thigh, where the bone will move and the whole mesh will sometimes not be predicted. Therefore, they came up with adding proxy meshes as limiters of those areas that should behave as planned. Crutches :) Although it is necessary to use them wisely :) For example, if you add VirtualGround mesh to your body nif, then when you face the floor, your chest will jump around like a crazy ball, regardless of the physics settings. And in such cases, the effect of wild shaking and frequent oscillations of body parts at the most unnecessary moment appears :) But you saw it yourself ... 

56 minutes ago, Gromilla said:

What do you say about the new physics and textures? I'm going to post the final version. 

The Merida Hair is perfect! I can't get in-game until I fix whatever is broken (can't get to Load menu, CTD on launch) since I foolishly updated the game to 1.5.62. I may have lost everything, don't know... if I can't get back in within the next couple of days I'll revert my entire SSE folder from backup and continue to play on 1.5.23 forever. :classic_angry:

11 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

The Merida Hair is perfect! I can't get in-game until I fix whatever is broken (can't get to Load menu, CTD on launch) since I foolishly updated the game to 1.5.62. I may have lost everything, don't know... if I can't get back in within the next couple of days I'll revert my entire SSE folder from backup and continue to play on 1.5.23 forever. :classic_angry:

Hi sunshine. ?
I had to completely reinstall the game two months ago and I stopped at the 1.5.53 version. Although some mods failed to return ?. But ECE is now fully working :) and I have long time wanted to learn how to create presets for PC and followers. 

1 hour ago, Redswift said:

Am I the only one who finds Merida Hair creepy as fuck? Can't really describe it, the way it's layered or something, there's something really off about it.

I've not even looked at this mod but given the effort to provide folk with this mod for SSE I'd say your comment is both inflamatory and downright insulting

13 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

I've not even looked at this mod but given the effort to provide folk with this mod for SSE I'd say your comment is both inflamatory and downright insulting

I see how it could come off as insulting, and I guess I could have worded it better, but all I said is I personally find it creepy. Plus, Gromillo, who's putting all this effort into it (which is commendable to say the least) and the person who made it, have nothing to do with each other as far as I know.

I'd finally got my game work with HDT If anyone wants my load order let me know. I'm going try out HDT Tails let you know if works too Plus my horse finally stay on trail too lol. When you know if not working right if goes hit the rail near the house lol in begging of the game.

1 hour ago, Redswift said:

I see how it could come off as insulting, and I guess I could have worded it better, but all I said is I personally find it creepy. Plus, Gromillo, who's putting all this effort into it (which is commendable to say the least) and the person who made it, have nothing to do with each other as far as I know.

Do not worry, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Paraphrasing the russian proverb - "Mod is not $ 100 to please everyone ..." :)  

And yes, I and the author of Merida hair (@Yoo) are different people and I still can’t meet him.
This hairstyle is made of flat springs that depict curly strands of hair, plus several layers, each has its own bones and its own dynamics. I had to combine meshes, create a new skeleton, write physics files from scratch. When I started to adapt it, I was a little uncomfortable when my hair moved wildly on the player's head. Very similar to the Gorgon :) I solved this problem, but not completely (physics does not allow, or maybe I have little knowledge). 

17 hours ago, perrymwt said:

This may be coincidence, but I just upgraded to the new ENB .370 today.  I've noticed that I don't have to do the old quicksave/quickload trick when entering an interior cell.  Anybody else notice this or am I hallucinating?

You mean for the momentary physics bug/stretch on loading a new cell? I still get that. Or do you mean for when physics would get stuck/stop working and need to be reloaded to start again? I haven't seen that happen in a long time.

5 minutes ago, cminnow said:

You mean for the momentary physics bug/stretch on loading a new cell? I still get that. Or do you mean for when physics would get stuck/stop working and need to be reloaded to start again? I haven't seen that happen in a long time.

The issue is that FPS crashes when entering a new cell.  Everything still works, but the game is now a slideshow.