17 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Thanks for the help jesseg and pfiffy! This is great stuff! This is the piece I was missing - I don't know how to attach nodes in nifskope yet. I'm going to see if I can figure out what you did. :D

I've been placing them in the skse/plugin folder and putting that path in the nif since that seems to be where most of the smp xmls for other mods were going. If we're going to use the original location, all the paths will need to be updated for the stuff I did already.

You both have a point: Jesseg is right with placing them where they originally have been... this will keep the DD file structure intact, but placing them where all the others are is also a good idea...

The idea is quite simple: Zarantha. The bone for the chains a bit loose in your nifs. I cut them out an placed the into the bone node where the get attached to. (there is a chain attach node in the BallAndChain01. So why not attach something there...

As soon as the bone are in the right position you go to the chain and replace the old bone node numbers with the new ones....

it is just a bit tricky to find the right nodes....

The first one was easy, but after that it gets a bit strange. Heretic was good, but he had a different way of thinking.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

I've been placing (the xml's) in the skse/plugin folder and putting that path in the nif since that seems to be where most of the smp xmls for other mods were going.

My personal practice is to keep only the "universal" (i.e. applies to my body irrespective of any or all mods) in the skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs path and all xml's pertaining to cloth physics in the same path as the mod's meshes. If you don't do it that way, uninstalling the mod won't necessarily uninstall its xml's and you'll end up with a trash heap of epic proportions in your skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs folder.

Also, the chain was invisible when equipping, completely invisible on males and only the collar would show on females....

After changing the partition for the chain shape in nifskope to match the other two shapes then the chains were visible on females, haven't tested on males yet....

It's stretching to infinity now, so working on trying to sort that out....

1 minute ago, jesseg said:

Can add a virtual ground shape, so it collides with the ground... 

I rotated a bit.... I think, it will be ok so....Zarantha already added a virtual ground... And i think that Heretic has made the chains in a way that they dont clip into the ground... but instead of editing his nifs, I rebuilt them. 

3 minutes ago, jesseg said:

Also, the chain was invisible when equipping, completely invisible on males and only the collar would show on females....

After changing the partition for the chain shape in nifskope to match the other two shapes then the chains were visible on females, haven't tested on males yet....

It's stretching to infinity now, so working on trying to sort that out....

I never have done such things before... I'm happy that it is working at all and not blowing up the computer. Maybe there are few too many nodes now... I'm sure that the nifs need a bit of cleaning. 

2 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

I never have done such things before... I'm happy that it is working at all and not blowing up the computer. Maybe there are few too many nodes now... I'm sure that the nifs need a bit of cleaning. 

Got it working now, just editing some values so it doesn't seem so stiff, will try the optimize spell in the nifskope....

4 minutes ago, zarantha said:

First chain was invisible  for me, going back to it in a bit. I got chain2 working for me at least. I haven't been testing with guys.

CollarChain01x2.nif

CollarChain01x2.xml

If we get this to work, A lot of ppl will have to thank you and Jesseg. 

Do we still need different xmls for different bodys?

Your 2 chain is not overlapping correctly... set the Rotation to 0 in node 749.

2 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I may be wrong, but I think the only thing that needs fixed for prisoner chains is the chain coming from the neck. the wrist and ankle chains are already connected to skeleton.

I looked at the nif. I it seems like it is missing a place to connect.

7 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

If we get this to work, A lot of ppl will have to thank you and Jesseg. 

Do we still need different xmls for different bodys?

Your 2 chain is not overlapping correctly... set the Rotation to 0 in node 749.

I think we're on the right track now.

We shouldn't need xmls for different bodies. I removed the fake  bodies I first started with and there hasn't been an issue. As I understand, things should collide with the body automatically in the new smp versions, so we shouldn't need to declare to collide against a body. But it's just a tag to add if it is needed for some people.

Rotation updated.

CollarChain01x2.nif

2 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

I looked at the nif. I it seems like it is missing a place to connect.

I was going to connect it to Ring02 under 701/SpineNCNode

10 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I think we're on the right track now.

We shouldn't need xmls for different bodies. I removed the fake  bodies I first started with and there hasn't been an issue. As I understand, things should collide with the body automatically in the new smp versions, so we shouldn't need to declare to collide against a body. But it's just a tag to add if it is needed for some people.

Rotation updated.

CollarChain01x2.nif

I was going to connect it to Ring02 under 701/SpineNCNode

There is nothing at the neck to connect it. I might be wrong, but after working on the other models this one looks a bit like unfinished buisness...

BTW: your version looks closer to the original than my...

1 minute ago, zarantha said:

This is where I'm trying to place it. I'm just not sure how necessary CCBone01 and Bone01 are.

image.png.229ac0bac538fbae5d4761c98af1f7c4.png

They might be osolete afterwards... They are not connected to anything. But also the other bones don's show up in the way they did in the other nifs.

11 minutes ago, jesseg said:

For CollarChain01x4, shape chain4 there's no NC3_8, i have tried using NC2_8 to link them but it's broken from shape chain3 to chain4....  

in my nif it is node 776... but maybe it is worth a second build. Based on the Nif from Zarantha... it is closer to the original.

1 hour ago, jesseg said:

Please check the xml for CollarChain01, not sure why bones NC_2 and 3 are sticking to the chest....

I tried playing around with it for a bit.  I think it's related to if NC_1 is declared as a static bone or kinematic. Moving it down to kinematic allowed the chain to move freely, but it doesn't appear to be connected to the ring mesh after that. I'd personally prefer just leaving it as is.

The chain for chain3 wasn't showing for me, but chain4 was, so I copied the nodes for the chain mesh from 4 to 3, and now all collar chains are working for me. I changed what I did for chain2 to match the wonderful work you two did with the others.

I wasn't able to get too far on prisoner chains. The wrist chains aren't connected to the cuffs or to the link connecting them all, but it's in approximately the right place and it sort of moves together. The same for the ankle chains.

Spoiler

image.png.2970a3c0f812ba862b87f77937fe980b.png

image.png.47090cca35e7c7973a8af5a4ab769873.png

I've also attached a zip of today's compiled work. The only items that still need fixing in Heretic are PrisonerChains01, HR_HarnessGlovesHDT, SimpleCuffs_HDT, WristIronHDT all under restraints. If someone figures out how to fix the simple cuffs or harness gloves, that can be probably be applied to the prisoner chains as well, or the other way around.

DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP in progress.7z

21 minutes ago, zarantha said:

The chain for chain3 wasn't showing for me, but chain4 was, so I copied the nodes for the chain mesh from 4 to 3, and now all collar chains are working for me. I changed what I did for chain2 to match the wonderful work you two did with the others.

I wasn't able to get too far on prisoner chains. The wrist chains aren't connected to the cuffs or to the link connecting them all, but it's in approximately the right place and it sort of moves together. The same for the ankle chains.

Reveal hidden contents

I've also attached a zip of today's compiled work. The only items that still need fixing in Heretic are PrisonerChains01, HR_HarnessGlovesHDT, SimpleCuffs_HDT, WristIronHDT all under restraints. If someone figures out how to fix the simple cuffs or harness gloves, that can be probably be applied to the prisoner chains as well, or the other way around.

DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP in progress.7z

I just moved some bones. Without the wonderful work you did, there had not been something to work with for me. This was teamwork and you did a big part of it. So don't make yourself small again.

Anyone else having issues with HDT + SKEE combo?

Seems like mine doesnt like to coexist with eachother ...

Spoiler

Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FFA5651D727 (skee64.dll+4D727) on thread 15604!

FrameworkName: NetScriptFramework
FrameworkVersion: 4
FrameworkArchitecture: x64
GameLibrary: SkyrimSE
GameLibraryVersion: 5
ApplicationName: SkyrimSE.exe
ApplicationVersion: 1.5.53.0
DebugInfo: Successfully loaded
Time: 30 Dec 2018 15:34:00.712

Probable callstack
{
  [0]   0x7FFA5651D727     (skee64.dll+4D727)             
  [1]   0x7FFA564EC499     (skee64.dll+1C499)             
  [2]   0x7FF72C2A3885     (SkyrimSE.exe+5B3885)          Main::Update_1405B31E0+6A5
  [3]   0x7FFA4DFE5099     (hdtSSEFramework.dll+5099)     
  [4]   0x7FF72C29F6E4     (SkyrimSE.exe+5AF6E4)          MainLoop_1405AF5C0+124
  [5]   0x7FF72C29CDF5     (SkyrimSE.exe+5ACDF5)          sub_1405ACDC0+35
  [6]   0x7FF72D05254A     (SkyrimSE.exe+136254A)         sub_14136242C+11E
  [7]   0x7FFAB7677E94     (KERNEL32.DLL+17E94)           
  [8]   0x7FFAB847A251     (ntdll.dll+6A251)              
}

Registers
{
  AX:       0x27288E63E10      (void*)
  BX:       0x27403244C70      (void*)
  CX:       0x27288E625C8      (void*)
  DX:       0x27288E624A0      (NiNode*) ["WeaponBow"]
  SI:       0x0                (NULL)
  DI:       0x0                (NULL)
  BP:       0x0                (NULL)
  SP:       0x7B88EFFC08       (void*)
  IP:       0x7FFA5651D727     (skee64.dll+4D727) (void*)
  R8:       0x7FFA56640201     (skee64.dll+170201) (void*)
  R9:       0x0                (NULL)
  R10:      0x27403C95010      (void*)
  R11:      0x7B88EFFBF0       (void*)
  R12:      0x0                (NULL)
  R13:      0x0                (NULL)
  R14:      0x0                (NULL)
  R15:      0x0                (NULL)
  Flags:    0x10206           
  XMM0:     0
  XMM1:     1.32861935575639E-311
  XMM2:     5.64367471870799E-315
  XMM3:     NaN