14 minutes ago, cminnow said:

Nice work. Do you know if penetration and prenetration are interchangeable now? Do they even work?

Honestly, I do not use them. Maybe in vain, but so far I have not found a special meaning in these parameters. I tried to play them, but have not yet found a real use.

Somewhere in this topic was an excellent explanation of these parameters on the example of a finger and jelly  :) (if not mistaken). 

4 hours ago, cminnow said:

Nice work. Do you know if penetration and prenetration are interchangeable now? Do they even work?

3 hours ago, Gromilla said:

Honestly, I do not use them. Maybe in vain, but so far I have not found a special meaning in these parameters. I tried to play them, but have not yet found a real use.

Somewhere in this topic was an excellent explanation of these parameters on the example of a finger and jelly  :) (if not mistaken). 

I have always believed that "prenetration" was nothing more than a typo- a mistake- a misspelling of "penetration." In other words, meaningless despite the twisted description of its alleged function somewhere else on LL. The same post described penetration's function as "how far into a collision shape the tagged shape can penetrate before there is a reaction" which also makes no logical sense, especially since the advice in that article was never to set it at zero- the only acceptable value for how far into my breast my hand can penetrate before my breast moves the hell out of the way. :classic_wacko:

So I'm with @Gromilla on this one- I have fiddle-farted around with values of penetration and seen absolutely no change on anything in-game. Maybe one day we'll suddenly discover a use for it and go "Eureka!" but I doubt it- any parameter that has no detectable effect when you change its value (or omit it entirely) isn't a meaningful parameter at all.

On 1/5/2019 at 7:25 PM, Vyxenne said:

These are originally from Gromilla and they work fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idn246uph6v1gvw/VyxenneHDT-SMP-Body-xmls.7z?dl=0

Nice. I finally tried it out because the erotic adventures of misty uses a UUNP body. My settings work pretty well but it seems like breast01 isn't used as it has no effect. I also don't have any lady parts in my mesh so there are just place holders from the original xml.

UUNP-Body.xml

Are there any other changes you would make to the UUNP xml?

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

So I'm with @Gromilla on this one- I have fiddle-farted around with values of penetration and seen absolutely no change on anything in-game. Maybe one day we'll suddenly discover a use for it and go "Eureka!" but I doubt it- any parameter that has no detectable effect when you change its value (or omit it entirely) isn't a meaningful parameter at all.

Another phantom parameter....

3 hours ago, cminnow said:

[Penetration is] Another phantom parameter....

Well as of a couple of nights ago, all parameters are phantoms to me, so I'm having to revise my opinions... I somehow broke my game updating it to 1.5.62 and I can't even get to the Load/Continue/New screen. I'm starting to have severe withdrawal symptoms... ?

25 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Well as of a couple of nights ago, all parameters are phantoms to me, so I'm having to revise my opinions... I somehow broke my game updating it to 1.5.62 and I can't even get to the Load/Continue/New screen. I'm starting to have severe withdrawal symptoms... ?

If you haven't already, try the fix Sw33t3r lists in the CBPC nexus mod discussion page. It worked for me and it's running smoothly, now.

I was unable to play skyrim for a solid week until today. Was beating my head against a brick wall, trying to figure it out (as you personally already know! lol)

Unrelated, I am in the process of using KS Wigs using the file posted back at around page 50. Idk if there is an updated version of that or where its origin is obtained from, but if that is the newest version, then my only issue is trying to get collisions to properly register. I have been reading about vortexes and triangles and egyptian hieroglyphs and I gotta say, I'm pretty overwhelmed by the premise of manually adding collision nodes to my game files! lol *nervous laughter*

If anyone has a better/faster solution, I'm all ears, so to speak!

I don't mind things being slightly off by using a template or something, I just have no clue how to use nif optimizer or editing lines of code or what not. I've done well for myself so far, but it's definitely getting to the point where I may put the game down for another year and hope the updates slow down from bethesda so the modding community can catch up.

For reference, I use UNP blessed body by shiva on nexus and XP32, both with HDT enabled.

I also use CBPC and have them running in tandem flawlessly atm.

My DefaultBBP.xml for HDT is empty as well, so that CBPC was able to take over the body physics.

prenetration is just a typo of penetration that smp handles for some reason. maybe it was a typo in one of the first releases and hydrogen didnt want to break backwards compatibility with XML files.

whichever comes second in the xml would win if they are both there probably.

xVnwAU9.png.98ed50f139e61dde4e3773a446dcaa1f.png

1 hour ago, Pfiffy said:

I don't really know what I'm doing here...

I don't either really and I've not looked at it in game but taking a quick look at your xml I'd give the chains all the same tag to simplfy things unless you want them to collide with one another? You could also make them all per-vertex-shape and dispense with the "penetration" declaration to reduce the overhead.

I'd add a low poly proxy body shape and make this a "per-triangle-shape" so the chains have something to bounce off other than the main body (body is set to "no collide" in your xml so add another tag for this) and then set the chains to <shared>private</shared>

Give the chains a margin other than 0 (try 0.1 for starters and increase it if they still clip) otherwise they will clip into the collision body.

Other than that nifskope found 393 bogus nodes that you can safely delete as they are not needed.

26 minutes ago, Gromilla said:

Well, if you allow me, I will try to do something.

I would beg on my knees....

The xml is a lot of copy and past work from models that we get to work. I tried to add the different chain parts in the way they are put in the working xmls. But the other models are working from one attachment point and simply lined up. In this one the connections go back and forth. 

Without adding the hand and foot chais the connection ring perfectly lined up with the Neck chain, but as soon as the other chains come in, everything seems to disconnect. There is also a problem with the ancle chains. I don't know why one side seems to drop on the gound as if it isn't connected at all...

12 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

I don't either really and I've not looked at it in game but taking a quick look at your xml I'd give the chains all the same tag to simplfy things unless you want them to collide with one another? You could also make them all per-vertex-shape and dispense with the "penetration" declaration to reduce the overhead.

I'd add a low poly proxy body shape and make this a "per-triangle-shape" so the chains have something to bounce off other than the main body (body is set to "no collide" in your xml so add another tag for this) and then set the chains to <shared>private</shared>

Give the chains a margin other than 0 (try 0.1 for starters and increase it if they still clip) otherwise they will clip into the collision body.

Other than that nifskope found 393 bogus nodes that you can safely delete as they are not needed.

I know, that this needs a lot of polishing. The most impotant thing was to get the physics to work at all.   

so you think: 

<per-triangle-shape name="NeckChain">
        <margin>0</margin>
        <penetration>0</penetration>
        <tag>chain</tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>

Should be:

<per-vertex-shape name="NeckChain">
        <margin>0.1</margin>
        <penetration>0</penetration>
        <tag>chain</tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>

???

Before I start to clean up the nif, I want to get a really working version. I rebuild it several times to get it to this point. Working on the collision is something for the future.  (Yeah, it make me proud, that is no crashing the game....)

9 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

Quite often the issue isn't in the nif file but just an ommission from the xml file. You have to tell smp what to do with everything otherwise it goes haywire!

I didn't even understand 5% of things you wrote and you tell me to explain something to SMP.... 

Well, I'm a german, who trys to talk in english with someone that only understands a very rare dialect of chinese about rocket sience with a long time outdated dicctionary....

18 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

<per-vertex-shape name="NeckChain">
        <margin>0.1</margin>
        <tag>chain</tag>
    </per-vertex-shape>

You probably need to add weight thresholds and collision tags too but this is the basic version

So the 4 Chain parts in the nif should have the same tag? They are attached to each other. (They should be.... Right now they look a bit disattached in game.) I don't know If I listed the bones correctly... There is also one bone missing from the original. It was the only way to make it look right in Nifskope and ingame. If I add this one the Chain disconnects from the collar. 

I'm busy tomorrow, so it all depends on the time available ... 

I understand that this is for the male body? or both? And the point where the three chains meet at the near calfs should there be a connecting ring?

Spoiler

Clipboard01.jpg.b266081a496648206f1345e9e22ff7bb.jpg

the place where the bone is marked is not the suspension point of the chains. they will fall to the floor anyway (gravity is a heartless bitch :)). wil be great if you cangive me the original nif file. I also wonder how these shackles are written in an ESP file (CK) to make a test mod.

upd. I'm not sure, but maybe you need to convert all cuffs in NiSkinInstance (now they in BSDismemberSkinInstance and will probably replace the feet and hands meshes in the game). If in any case you need to change BodyPart of AnkleCuffs. 

Spoiler

Clipboard02.jpg.2b0e923da777e15ceff3accfae00215b.jpg

There are two rings, both in the middle between the wrists / ankle cuffs.  They belong to the ankle / wristchain, but are connected to the 'Neck /connection chain. the original model is

PrisonerChains01_orig.nif

Edit: It should be for both genders. but most of the models are intended as female models in DD. 

The base model for the ankle / wrist chains seems to come from ZAZ. The bones start at the cuffs move toward this connection ring but the connection ring itself is connected to a seperate bone. Don't ask... I didn't made them...  Because these rings are already a part of the Chain I connected them to the Neck /connection chain (I had put them somewhere...) The model is part of DDx which is a monster to install just for testing. It comes with its own idele animations, which are included in DDi, I think. So if want to do some ingame testing... 

I saw the ankle cuffs / chains in different other models, too. So if this one gets fixed I have a base for working on the others. 

On 1/10/2019 at 1:18 AM, Vyxenne said:

QuickSave >> QuickLoad fixes that.

i come here to see if this problem was resolved... but apparently not.

i did a clean installation and i already stuck each time i enter in the riften inn. ?

every body have this problem or just some people ?