Ok, I just left it alone and let it autorename the nodes after changing it from the HDT Havok Object to HDT Skinned Mesh Physics Object. It does work much better, but one of the links is on the ground and the wrist chains aren't quite connecting. I still CTD with SimpleCuffs_HDT and WristIronHDT. I'll start looking at those again in a bit.

PrisonerChains01.nif

Spoiler

This is the last break for the prisoner chains, I think.

image.thumb.png.24ad679fb4314a43794fafe1646d2a1f.png

Even so, still looks better with the clipping, and the disconnect isn't as noticeable when standing.

image.thumb.png.79b1eaa9fd46c705b635dcaefe5c330b.png

Got this error on save when trying to change the path to the xml for simplecuffs_hdt.

File:

Function:

Line: 0

Category: nifskope.spell

"Link '20' points to wrong block type."

Redid the mesh to include the skeleton instead of just the three arm refs for each side.

EDIT:  This mostly works after this, but it likes to clip through the butt??? and doesn't  quite connect in the middle. I'm tempted to say it's held together by magnets.

Spoiler

Magnets!

image.png.fbf28ec3d50156f7f79e65bc9ec2de1b.png

The chain is too far back I think - it should go through the front, not clip through the ass. It clips worse when in the rags instead of the skinsuit.

image.png.06a4dbaa6162f1c735725c9a3a8616f5.png

So, to recap, here's where we end tonight. Close enough in the list under the spoiler is marked 'yes'. Something can always be tweaked to be better. :)

(And I've just realized I'm working too hard on my vacation if I'm doing summaries.  This is mostly why I haven't put up a bunch of SE ports of my own pfiffy - to much work :) )

DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches.7z

List of all HDT meshes for DCL/DD/ZAZ and the status.

Spoiler

mesh path/name [in game name]  (working yes|no)

Cursed Loot
\meshes\devious\cursedloot\zazanklechainsballsocket_1.nif        [not found]        (???)
\meshes\devious\cursedloot\zazanklechainsragdollssilver_1.nif        [Leg Irons of Submission]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\cursedloot\zazanklechainsragdolls_1.nif        [Ankle Chains]        (yes)

Zaz
\meshes\zaz-ultimatedatapack\zaz - hdt\zazanklechainsragdolls_1.nif        [Iron Fetters (Chain)]        (yes)
                                                                        [zbf Ankle Gold HDT]        (yes)

DDx
\meshes\devious\zaz\zazanklechainsballsocket_1.nif        [not found]        (???)
\meshes\devious\zaz\zazanklechainsragdollssilver_1.nif        [Silver Fetters (Chain)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\zaz\zazanklechainsragdolls_1.nif        [Black Steel Fetters (Chain)]        (yes)

\meshes\devious\Heretic\Plugs\ChainAnal01.nif        [Iron Pear of Anguish (Chain) (Anal)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Plugs\ChainAnal02.nif        [Iron Pear of Anguish (Bell) (Anal)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Plugs\ChainAnalSign01.nif        [Iron Pear of Anguish (Sign) (Anal)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Plugs\ChainVag01.nif        [Iron Pear of Anguish (Chain) (Vaginal)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Plugs\ChainVag02.nif        [Iron Pear of Anguish (Bell) (Vaginal)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Plugs\PlugPonyTail01.nif        [Plug (Tail) (""Eostre"")]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Plugs\PlugPonyTail02.nif        [Plug (Tail) (""Vör"")]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Plugs\PlugPonyTail02Bow.nif        [Plug (Tail) (""Vör"" Bow)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Plugs\PlugPonyTail03.nif        [Plug (Tail) (""Gefjun"")]        (yes)

\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\BallAndChain01.nif        [Iron Fetters (Ball & Chain)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\BallAndChain02.nif        [Iron Fetters (Ball & Chain) (Long)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\CollarChain01.nif        [Iron Collar (Short Chain)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\CollarChain01x2.nif        [Iron Collar (Medium Chain)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\CollarChain01x3.nif        [Iron Collar (Lengthy Chain)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\CollarChain01x4.nif        [Iron Collar (Long Chain)]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\HR_HarnessGlovesHDT_1.nif        [Iron Chain Harness]        (no) CTD
                                                                    [Iron Chain Harness (Wrists)]        (no) CTD
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\PrisonerChains01.nif        [Iron Prisoner Chains]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\SimpleCuffs_HDT.nif        [Iron Shackles]        (yes)
\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\WristIronHDT.nif        [Iron Handcuffs]        (no)

Notes: Having HDT-SMP disabled or not installed does not seem to cause a crash on equipping these items.

I found what I did wrong for the zaz (zbf) ankle chains, and they should change color now (gold, copper, etc). zazanklechainsragdolls for these items is actually not the same as the other two mods. Went back to the beginning and used the model from the ultimatedatapack for that path instead of copy/pasting the first one I did to everywhere.

HR_HarnessGlovesHDT.nif actually belongs in the bodyslide shapedata folder, but I moved it to heretic to work on it. This is still broken and causes a CTD for me.
When bodyslide is run, it outputs to \meshes\devious\heretic\gloves\restrictiveglovesharnesshdt_0|1.nif

Iron prisoner chains needs tuning, not everything connects, but it is not really noticible unless you look close. There is still some clipping also. 'good enough' for now.

Iron Shackles is working, if held together by magnets. 'good enough' for now, but should be tweaked

Iron Handcuffs has exploded the chain everywhere, so marked as not working.

The BodySlide folder also contains the two fixes previously made for the CBBE SE body for DD/DCL.

The scripts folder contains the scripts for DCL and DD that I edited for SE, because at this point why not make this file the 'patch' file for the SE versions of these mods? Maybe this way I won't have to recompile them every update. :)
It can be separated if needed, but I thought it might be a better idea to point users at a single patch file instead of 3 or 4 different files. And possibly easier to maintain.

So renaming/deleting the path is the reason why the you have the isolated bone nodes in the nifs, Zarantha and i wondered where thy came from.....

If the bones get isolated after removing/changin the path, You have to put them back into the right position again.

Go to the isolated bone node,  set x,y,z to 0 on the first bone.

Then check the skeleton for the node they have to be attached to. For the NeckChain in the prisoner01 it is node 703 Rin02

(note here: it is set to scale 0.4, so you have to rescale the next bone (NC_1) to scale 2.6. and set the in Rotation  y to -9)

Spoiler

Nifscope1.JPG

It is copy branch, delete branch, paste branch to the starting bone in the skeleton.

Then delete the NeckChain, open up the original and copy the Neckchain Branch into the new nif. 

For the Connection Chain the bones are in the beads_shallow. (you only have to set rotation to -3)

Spoiler

Nifscope2.JPG

Bone001 and CCBone001 are the bones for the isolated rings of the chains between the cuffs. 

CC01 has to be added to BS_1

translation : x:0 y: -1 z-1

Rotation y: 90 p: 0 r: 90

Bone001 goes to BS_7

translation x:0 y:-1.5 z: -1

rotation y:90 p:0 r: 90

To attach the chains going from the cuffs to the isolated ring in the connection chain I played around with rotation data in the bones. You can check the changes in my nif. This was the part, that took most of the time until they finally were in position. You may copy the data from my edit or try it out yourself. 

And I pasted the Ring from the simple neck chain into th nif... This one is missing...

10 hours ago, zarantha said:

So, to recap, here's where we end tonight. Close enough in the list under the spoiler is marked 'yes'. Something can always be tweaked to be better. :)

(And I've just realized I'm working too hard on my vacation if I'm doing summaries.  This is mostly why I haven't put up a bunch of SE ports of my own pfiffy - to much work :) )

DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches.7z

List of all HDT meshes for DCL/DD/ZAZ and the status.

Reveal hidden contents

Notes: Having HDT-SMP disabled or not installed does not seem to cause a crash on equipping these items.

I found what I did wrong for the zaz (zbf) ankle chains, and they should change color now (gold, copper, etc). zazanklechainsragdolls for these items is actually not the same as the other two mods. Went back to the beginning and used the model from the ultimatedatapack for that path instead of copy/pasting the first one I did to everywhere.

HR_HarnessGlovesHDT.nif actually belongs in the bodyslide shapedata folder, but I moved it to heretic to work on it. This is still broken and causes a CTD for me.
When bodyslide is run, it outputs to \meshes\devious\heretic\gloves\restrictiveglovesharnesshdt_0|1.nif

Iron prisoner chains needs tuning, not everything connects, but it is not really noticible unless you look close. There is still some clipping also. 'good enough' for now.

Iron Shackles is working, if held together by magnets. 'good enough' for now, but should be tweaked

Iron Handcuffs has exploded the chain everywhere, so marked as not working.

The BodySlide folder also contains the two fixes previously made for the CBBE SE body for DD/DCL.

The scripts folder contains the scripts for DCL and DD that I edited for SE, because at this point why not make this file the 'patch' file for the SE versions of these mods? Maybe this way I won't have to recompile them every update. :)
It can be separated if needed, but I thought it might be a better idea to point users at a single patch file instead of 3 or 4 different files. And possibly easier to maintain.

I guess, that the CTD's come from the unconnected nodes/bones. As if SMP can only handle the things that are conneced to the skeleton, while PE was able to handle additional free nodes/bones or the SE engin doesn't like this. The most intersting part is that we can add the models to the main download when we are done, If they don't CTD wihle SMP is not working, it will bring us closer to getting DD out of Beta...

We have to make sure that the crashes from the retricted gloves don't come from BS. I dont know what excatly BS does with the meshes besides rescaling.

I would also suggest to split the patch in DD,DCL and ZAZ until we are finished.

Happy new year!

On 12/30/2018 at 9:54 AM, astor said:

I've not played SKyrim in a while and i'm glad to see that SMP is a thing now.  However, the version i have has insane levels of movement.  I cannot even begin to fathom how to change things in this so i'm curious if anyone else has released a less... active version of the .xml.

You're in luck. I just finished my most advanced xml for the SMP CBBE special body physics so far. It's pretty great because I've found a super simple way to adjust the response for anyone's desired bounce level. Butt or boobs too bouncy for you? Simply change the "z" value" which works an instability parameter in <origin x="0" y="0" z="-0.3"/> for the respective part to a smaller negative value such as -0.1. Or on the other hand, change it to -0.5 or -1 if you want a ridiculous level of bounce. Also, delete the <per-triangle-shape name="CBBE"> if you want higher performance at the expense of no body collisions.

CBBE - Ultra.xml

This is probably my final version unless someone knows any other tricks to the SMP system. For example, I never found a good use for the "gravityfactor" parameter....

Here's a video, please ignore Lucien.

And happy new year!

9 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

So renaming/deleting the path is the reason why the you have the isolated bone nodes in the nifs

The problem was that when we save after editing the path to the xml, nifskope sanitizes the nodes. There's two skeleton bones each for CCBone001 and Bone001, this is apparently not allowed. I just found that  if I reopen the nif after the sanitize, the bones are back to the original names, weird. Last go around, I didn't change anything except add the virtual ground back and replace the HDT Havok paths with the HDT SMP paths. There's still a bit of a gap at the mid piece connections, but it's only noticeable if you're looking. I think we can leave the prisoner chains alone now.

2 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

We have to make sure that the crashes from the retricted gloves don't come from BS. I dont know what excatly BS does with the meshes besides rescaling.

I swapped out the skeleton in the restricted gloves, there shouldn't be any disconnected bones anymore. I'll double check.

In addition to the rescaling, BodySlide is renaming HR_HarnessGlovesHDT.nif to RestrictiveGlovesHarnessHDT_0.nif and RestrictiveGlovesHarnessHDT_1.nif (low/high values) and saving the new meshes in \meshes\devious\Heretic\Gloves. Beyond this, I don't see any changes between the original nif and the two generated nifs. I'll also try replacing the mesh directly instead of running bodyslide. That should rule out or confirm if bodyslide is part of the problem.

Happy New Year!

2 hours ago, cminnow said:

You're in luck. I just finished my most advanced xml for the SMP CBBE special body physics so far. It's pretty great because I've found a super simple way to adjust the response for anyone's desired bounce level. Butt or boobs too bouncy for you? Simply change the "z" value" which works an instability parameter in <origin x="0" y="0" z="-0.3"/> for the respective part to a smaller negative value such as -0.1. Or on the other hand, change it to -0.5 or -1 if you want a ridiculous level of bounce.

CBBE - Ultra.xml

This is probably my final version unless someone knows any other tricks to the SMP system. For example, I never found a good use for the "gravityfactor" parameter....

Here's a video, please ignore Lucien.

And happy new year!

Fantastic work. Could you share your entire .XML library for HDT?

My HDT-SMP log is full of "errors" that aren't really errors. Example, line after line saying "Labia is not a BSTriShape" and "Malebody.nif does not have a Belly node" etc.

I have the UUNP-Special body, where Labia is indeed a BSTriShape, but that body is only in action when I get naked. The rest of the time I'm using UUNP-HDT as my Reference Shape in Outfit Studio since it makes no sense to use the Special/Labia body in an outfit since the Labia don't show in most of my outfits. My thought is that this should save the Physics System some work since it doesn't have to spend time calculating Labia physics when my Labia are covered by an outfit.

However, in doing that I am apparently causing the system to generate log spam about my missing Labia almost continuously. Does anybody know how to get HDT Physics to STFU about my Labia and all the males who don't have belly nodes?

53 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

"Labia is not a BSTriShape"

This was confusing me too. During the testing these last few weeks I kept seeing those as well for a CBBE Special build, which I know has Labia. I just looked at CBBE Physics (which is what I'm using for a ref body for clothing), and it doesn't have Labia, so at least I understand what's going on now. Be interesting to see if there's an answer since it doesn't seem body specific.

7 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

My HDT-SMP log is full of "errors" that aren't really errors. Example, line after line saying "Labia is not a BSTriShape" and "Malebody.nif does not have a Belly node" etc.

I have the UUNP-Special body, where Labia is indeed a BSTriShape, but that body is only in action when I get naked. The rest of the time I'm using UUNP-HDT as my Reference Shape in Outfit Studio since it makes no sense to use the Special/Labia body in an outfit since the Labia don't show in most of my outfits. My thought is that this should save the Physics System some work since it doesn't have to spend time calculating Labia physics when my Labia are covered by an outfit.

However, in doing that I am apparently causing the system to generate log spam about my missing Labia almost continuously. Does anybody know how to get HDT Physics to STFU about my Labia and all the males who don't have belly nodes?

It's harmless but if you want rid of it then point your nude bodies at an xml with labia included (or rename your nude body base shapes and add another entry in the default xml) and remove it from the one that outfits use in your default xml.

13 hours ago, Yinkle said:

It's harmless but if you want rid of it then point your nude bodies at an xml with labia included (or rename your nude body base shapes and add another entry in the default xml) and remove it from the one that outfits use in your default xml.

Oh so some people are trying to use the special body xml with the physics body xml? I wasn't understanding what the problem was at first.

On 12/31/2018 at 6:28 PM, gitradodru said:

Fantastic work. Could you share your entire .XML library for HDT?

What do you mean? For like... capes and jewelry? I done do UUNP yet.

8 hours ago, Yinkle said:

["Missing Labia!" log spam is] harmless

My question was more generic in nature, although your suggestion is a great idea for some of my log spam.

I was more trying to get some way to turn off "debug logging" for HDT-SMP, all that constant HDD Read/Write access is bound to be costly and affecting my frame rate.

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

My question was more generic in nature, although your suggestion is a great idea for some of my log spam.

I was more trying to get some way to turn off "debug logging" for HDT-SMP, all that constant HDD Read/Write access is bound to be costly and affecting my frame rate.

if you have fast SSD shouldn't effect I don't think

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I only get messages in that log if I break something, if all is well it's blank for me but I did what I said before about missing shapes.

3 hours ago, Yinkle said:

I only get messages in that log if I break something, if all is well it's blank for me but I did what I said before about missing shapes.

Do you know if there is any overhead loss due to creating a per-triangle-shape even if no collisions are occurring? I removed it and it helped greatly with my performance with Aretisan's capes such that ALL NPCs can have capes now (without crashing my computer in towns).

16 hours ago, cminnow said:

Do you know if there is any overhead loss due to creating a per-triangle-shape even if no collisions are occurring?

I dunno, as a rule of thumb I make the main body and proxy shapes "per-triangle" and everything else "per-vertex". All I've seen is huge performance dips/crashes with triangle - triangle collision and no benefit to it.

I've noticed that smp seems to have a bug when you change cells. For example, you load the game and smp skirt collisions work fine. Then change cell and every non kinematic bone goes off into infinity and then comes back after a few seconds. After that, collisions may or may not work based on your luck :/

I'd love to ask HDT about it but afaik sadly he isn't developing the plugin anymore