1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

The summary here is that TD items are treated as furniture by AAF, same as a couch, chair or table. You need an animation pack which has animations making use of that furniture (e.g. Savage Cabbage's), and you need the device to be within the furniture scan range. With those requirements satisfied, a mod which uses AAF may select that device as the location for playing an animation, or you may initiate one manually through the AAF interface. Note that it's possible not all the devices in TD are covered by the animations you've installed, so you may want to familiarize yourself with the XML files included in them to see what specific devices they might utilize and then be sure to make those available.

TD ships with the animations and xml's that cover the F-Frame, Walllock and Xcross. ;)

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

TD ships with the animations and xml's that cover the F-Frame, Walllock and Xcross. ;)

Oh, neat! I hadn't noticed that before, but yes you're correct. It looks like what SC adds is only for the Pillory and HydroPillory, which TD doesn't come with AAF content for.

New Version 2.2 Beta 3 Uploaded

This is a beta release for testing with the Devious Devices Community Patch.  Versions 2.2 Beta 1 and Beta 2 were internal versions not for public release.

• Added a _TD_BoundFeetHobble keyword and the hobble animation by Gray User
  • Replaced the armbinder arm offset animation with new one by Gray User
  • Replaced the two yoke arm offset animations with new one by Gray User
  • Replaced X-Cross diff texture, normal map, and material files with new ones by naaitsab
  • Fixed missing entry in subgraph data causing _TD_GenericBoundHandsArmsBehindBack not to work properly with bound leg animations

See the Devious Devices thread for info on the DD Community Patch

It is safe to update this mod in a running game.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't able to get the Beta 3 x-crosses to function very well. I couldn't move them in workshop primarily. I have to be looking at in a particular angle to E) Sit, but that didn't seem to work in Workshop mode. Although the angle was still needed in the prior release version to Sit, I could move them freely in workshop.

18 minutes ago, ETSubmariner said:

I wasn't able to get the Beta 3 x-crosses to function very well. I couldn't move them in workshop primarily. I have to be looking at in a particular angle to E) Sit, but that didn't seem to work in Workshop mode. Although the angle was still needed in the prior release version to Sit, I could move them freely in workshop.

The only thing about the X-Crosses that changed between 2.1 and 2.2 is the textures.  Nothing that would affect moving / sitting / assigning is different.

That said, you need to point your cursor at the bottom half of the crosses to select them in Workshop mode. 

57 minutes ago, MVRD0CK said:

Sorry if this has been asked before. Can I choose any npc to do the idle animation instead of choosing the nearest one?

Not in the current version, I would need to rewrite the actor selector to use a crosshair scan.  I'll do that at some point when I have time.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, bathoryrocker said:

I'm sure this is a dumb question - but how do I actually install this? I use Vortex typically. I've downloaded the file and unzipped it, but I can't seem to find any instructions on how to actually use this mod. Obviously I'm missing something big here.

Build the devices in a settlement like any other item - has its own main Workshop menu to the far right.

4 minutes ago, ETSubmariner said:

Build the devices in a settlement like any other item - has its own main Workshop menu to the far right.

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately I think I don't even have the mod downloaded properly. I downloaded it and unzipped the file into my downloads folder of my computer. But I can't figure out how to actually implement the mod into my game using Vortex or otherwise. I'm pretty new to modding so I'm clearly missing something here!

1 hour ago, bathoryrocker said:

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately I think I don't even have the mod downloaded properly. I downloaded it and unzipped the file into my downloads folder of my computer. But I can't figure out how to actually implement the mod into my game using Vortex or otherwise. I'm pretty new to modding so I'm clearly missing something here!

You don't need to unzip it, in vortex make sure your on the mods section, drag the unzipped file to the drop files section at the bottom and just enable it when it prompts you to

1 hour ago, KitKatKseniya said:

You don't need to unzip it, in vortex make sure your on the mods section, drag the unzipped file to the drop files section at the bottom and just enable it when it prompts you to

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense. I did that but the options still aren't showing up in the Workshop far right area where the other commentor directed me to. It's enable and installed.

5 hours ago, bathoryrocker said:

I'm sure this is a dumb question - but how do I actually install this? I use Vortex typically. I've downloaded the file and unzipped it, but I can't seem to find any instructions on how to actually use this mod. Obviously I'm missing something big here.

Drag the file from your Downloads folder to the "Drop File(s)" box at the bottom of the Mods view in Vortex. Then find it in the "Never Installed" section of that Mods list and use the drop-down on the left to switch it from Uninstalled to Enabled. After that, click the Deploy button at the top of the Mods view.

Also, I highly recommend reading Vortex's documentation and checking out the tutorials/knowledge base.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Drag the file from your Downloads folder to the "Drop File(s)" box at the bottom of the Mods view in Vortex. Then find it in the "Never Installed" section of that Mods list and use the drop-down on the left to switch it from Uninstalled to Enabled. After that, click the Deploy button at the top of the Mods view.

Sorry, but I got a good laugh reading that. ?

I still like the old 2 step, add file, install, have a nice day. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Qjila said:

Can someone help me?

I can't run the additem command...

Though data of the TD holoband can be seen when I use FO4editer,the command responds "missing parameter ID".

plz excuse my poor English.

You need to use the help function in the console to get the correct refID.

For example..

help _TD_M_Harness 4

will return

XXXXECCE (XXXX being your load order)

13 minutes ago, DerpedPerd said:

or it's not yet implemented?

Not by TD itself.

Unless Ego made some changes not mentioned in the changelog.

Additionally things could go wrong when the scene is used by NPCs.

The function uses a single RefAlias, which means an NPC could get stuck in the scene if the function is called on another NPC while the scene with the first NPC is still running.

10 hours ago, Vader666 said:

Not by TD itself.

Unless Ego made some changes not mentioned in the changelog.

Additionally things could go wrong when the scene is used by NPCs.

The function uses a single RefAlias, which means an NPC could get stuck in the scene if the function is called on another NPC while the scene with the first NPC is still running.

oh... i was hoping where the player gets locked in place while the npcs take advantage. thanks for the response

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi  @EgoBallistic, I was testing a whipping scene and I noticed that the crop doesn't leave marks on the skin. It seems the decal is not included in Torture Devices. 

TD Crop Decal.7z

1.png.b7c50273fdc89777c48b2a2c3c21c54e.png

But it doesn't seem to be enough. Then I noticed that it was missing to add this to the actor material in the Impact Data Set. (I compared it to Purgatory)

2.png.8924bd3c4b7d5bb77645c6be644ba60a.png

But... The crop still is not leaving marks. 

I then added Purgatory as my mod's master to use its crop, and that crop works great. But, you know, I prefer to use Torture Devices since the mod is made to master multiple mods.

And I would like to increase the time that the decals are kept, if you know how I can do it that would be great. ?

Edited by JB.