And I have a question regarding TortureDevices.

I can make the player appear restricted in a cross with the MoveTo script. But here is my big problem: No matter how much the controls are disabled (before or after appearing restricted in a cross), the player can always leave the cross and move freely.

I can verify that disableplayercontrols works perfectly, but when the player appears in the cross, I regain control.

And if I apply it after being on the cross, it doesn't work.

Game.GetPlayer().MoveTo(NukaWorldXCross)
Utility.Wait(0.5)
InputEnableLayer inputLayer
inputLayer = InputEnableLayer.Create()
inputLayer.DisablePlayerControls()

Or 

InputEnableLayer inputLayer
inputLayer = InputEnableLayer.Create()
inputLayer.DisablePlayerControls()
Utility.Wait(2.0)
Game.GetPlayer().MoveTo(NukaWorldXcross)

Edit: 

PlayerREF.SetRestrained() works fine! ? Although camera is disabled (something I wanted to enable in DisabledPlayerControls).

An NPC frees you with PlayerREF.SetRestrained(false) through a dialogue.

Edited by JB.
13 hours ago, JB. said:

Please add a special tag to be able to call animation on the cross. (I have put Xcross just to test it).

The tags are wrong on a couple of the animations.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I probably was in a hurry and just copied the same line several times.  I'm about to upload a fixed version.

8 hours ago, JB. said:

I can verify that disableplayercontrols works perfectly, but when the player appears in the cross, I regain control.

That's happening because your inputLayer variable is declared inside your function, so, when the function ends, the variable goes out of scope and the layer gets deleted.  You need to declare that variable at the top level in your script, before the function definition.

I wouldn't use setRestrained(), as you discovered it messes with the camera, and it has side effects on NPC AI.

14 hours ago, computerguy13 said:

How do I have sex with characters in the device.  When I put settlers in the device it just lets me talk to them or trade with them.  I checked the mod page to see if I was missing any supporting mods, and that doesn't appear to be the case.  Is there a setting or procedure I might be overlooking?

I think those are screenies of some of Savage Cabbage's animations? Try reinstalling his animation pack and see if there's a FOMOD installer checkbox to enable the ones for TD.

1 hour ago, Johnny453 said:

though whats up with the enormous navmesh edit, half of me wants to just slice that out.....

The mod doesn't edit any navmeshes.  It creates a test cell with its own navmesh, and because of that the CK generates this massive Navmesh Info Map.  It doesn't actually change anything though.

ok thanks for reassuring my ignorance, i know just enough to be dangerous when looking through cd/fo4edit ?

Speaking of breaking things, is there a flag or setting somewhere that disables furniture or markers from having valid entry points if they're rotated in the vertical plane?  I'm trying to create silly setups where people are on xcrosses say on a ceiling.  I can put them there via console or in a cell in CK, but then they're no longer recognized as something an npc can interact with -as soon as the object is rotated a few degrees in X or Y.   Does rotating furniture not also rotate the animation's reference frame?   

Thanks for your work on this mod- makes for less boring settlements.

3 hours ago, Johnny453 said:

ok thanks for reassuring my ignorance, i know just enough to be dangerous when looking through cd/fo4edit ?

Speaking of breaking things, is there a flag or setting somewhere that disables furniture or markers from having valid entry points if they're rotated in the vertical plane?  I'm trying to create silly setups where people are on xcrosses say on a ceiling.  I can put them there via console or in a cell in CK, but then they're no longer recognized as something an npc can interact with -as soon as the object is rotated a few degrees in X or Y.   Does rotating furniture not also rotate the animation's reference frame?   

Thanks for your work on this mod- makes for less boring settlements.

No it doesn't. You'd have to .. as @Vader666 put it

Rotate it by 90 degrees, adding a connecting point to snap it to walls, rotate the animation and add an offset to it.

The Interacting point needs to be placed in front of the frame, otherwise NPCs wouldn't be able to use it because there's collision above the interacting point.

Adding the new anims and generate Furniture meta data.

Edited by izzyknows
5 hours ago, Johnny453 said:

is there a flag or setting somewhere that disables furniture or markers from having valid entry points if they're rotated in the vertical plane?

There isn't a flag or setting, however the engine ignores activatable collision boxes that are not at x and y rotation 0.

So if you take i.e. the Xcross and rotate it on either x or y, you can't activate it anymore, even if the interacting points are not blocked by collision.

To get it to work you need to rotate the mesh while keeping the root node at 0,0,0 rotation.

Then set the interacting point with an offset and apply the apropr

iate rotation and the negative offset to the animation.

Or in short, you have to make a new furniture.

ok thanks both of you, that's what I figured, the game innately ignores. 

Another way to do it perhaps:

If I could figure out how AAF is getting the nudge_amount variable from the settings.xml to the MainQuest script from to put it in the functions ala-

actors.TranslateTo(x + 0.0001, y + 0.0001, z, 0.0, 0.0, a+0.01, 500.0, 0.00000001)

I could simply add a second input variable for non-zero X rotations......   then use offsets to properly line up actors with inverted furniture....

Edited by Johnny453
11 minutes ago, Johnny453 said:

ok thanks both of you, that's what I figured, the game innately ignores. 

Another way to do it perhaps:

If I could figure out how AAF is getting the nudge_amount variable from the settings.xml to the MainQuest script from to put it in the functions ala-

actors.TranslateTo(x + 0.0001, y + 0.0001, z, 0.0, 0.0, a+0.01, 500.0, 0.00000001)

I could simply add a second input variable for non-zero X rotations......   then use offsets to properly line up actors with inverted furniture....

Problem is, AAF wont see it as valid furniture so unless you start the animation in valid furniture then move the actors... Personally, at that point, I learn how to make the new furniture. LOL

7 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Problem is, AAF wont see it as valid furniture

Afaik AAF doesn't care about that.

As long as a reference in the search radius is a reference to a registered furniture base form, it might do its thing.

However, i don't think AAF does the actor rotations relative to the furnitures root, espacially x and y rotations.

1 hour ago, Vader666 said:

Afaik AAF doesn't care about that.

As long as a reference in the search radius is a reference to a registered furniture base form, it might do its thing.

However, i don't think AAF does the actor rotations relative to the furnitures root, espacially x and y rotations.

AAF won't play furniture animations or show the furniture in the list if the furniture is rotated more than 5 degrees on the X or Y axis.  This is to avoid goofy looking animations where the actors are clipping through a couch or similar.

How do I have sex with characters in the torture devices?  I put a settler in the F-Frame and all it does it let me talk to her or trade (which both appear to be the same thing).  If I use the "sex'em up" hotkey, they pop up and start having a conversation with me.  If I hit for punishment, it will crop whip them while they are in the F-Frame, but there doesn't seem to be a hotkey for sex.  If there an animation I am missing perhaps or a mod/step you can think of that I am missing, please let me know.

36 minutes ago, computerguy13 said:

I am missing perhaps or a mod/step

TD doesn't initiate a sex scene on its own, for that you'd need another mod.

Additionally it seems AAF completely ignores furnitures in use, which means if you put someone into the frame you can't start a scene there.

You would need to start a scene, by dialogue or hotkey or wizzard or whatever, while both actors are close to the frame and hope AAF picks the animation for the frame.

1 hour ago, Vader666 said:

Additionally it seems AAF completely ignores furnitures in use, which means if you put someone into the frame you can't start a scene there.

You would need to start a scene, by dialogue or hotkey or wizzard or whatever, while both actors are close to the frame and hope AAF picks the animation for the frame.

You can start a scene with a NPC assigned to the F-Frame & Xcross via the AAF menu.  The trick is to not be to close to the furniture or AAF wont detect it. About a floor tile away seems the sweet spot. If the NPC in the furniture is chosen first, they will "generally" stay put. Sometimes they hop out & back in.

I like to use the F-Frame as a "stress reliever" for the Caravans. LOL

Via a mod.. yeah, AAF doesn't care if the furniture is "occupied" or how many it stacks on/in it.

14 hours ago, Vader666 said:

Thank you for the reply, not everyone does.  I do have a few animation mods, but your solution makes since:  initiate and hope the furniture detection picks it up.  I guess that means using things like the barrel aren't going to happen (since it only appears while the character is idle). 

9 minutes ago, computerguy13 said:

Thank you for the reply, not everyone does.  I do have a few animation mods, but your solution makes since:  initiate and hope the furniture detection picks it up.  I guess that means using things like the barrel aren't going to happen (since it only appears while the character is idle). 

Also see my reply from a dozen or so entries back, when you asked basically the same question.

16 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Also see my reply from a dozen or so entries back, when you asked basically the same question.

Thank you, your help is always great.  I did try your advice back when you posted it, but unfortunately reinstalling savages animation did not resolve the issue.  I took the time to tinker around with it more myself to see if I could figure it out before reposting the question in hopes of another solution.

13 hours ago, izzyknows said:

You can start a scene with a NPC assigned to the F-Frame & Xcross via the AAF menu.  The trick is to not be to close to the furniture or AAF wont detect it. About a floor tile away seems the sweet spot. If the NPC in the furniture is chosen first, they will "generally" stay put. Sometimes they hop out & back in.

I like to use the F-Frame as a "stress reliever" for the Caravans. LOL

Via a mod.. yeah, AAF doesn't care if the furniture is "occupied" or how many it stacks on/in it.

Thank you for the help, I will give that a try.

9 minutes ago, computerguy13 said:

Thank you, your help is always great.  I did try your advice back when you posted it, but unfortunately reinstalling savages animation did not resolve the issue.  I took the time to tinker around with it more myself to see if I could figure it out before reposting the question in hopes of another solution.

The summary here is that TD items are treated as furniture by AAF, same as a couch, chair or table. You need an animation pack which has animations making use of that furniture (e.g. Savage Cabbage's), and you need the device to be within the furniture scan range. With those requirements satisfied, a mod which uses AAF may select that device as the location for playing an animation, or you may initiate one manually through the AAF interface. Note that it's possible not all the devices in TD are covered by the animations you've installed, so you may want to familiarize yourself with the XML files included in them to see what specific devices they might utilize and then be sure to make those available.

Edited by vaultbait